What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (12 Viewers)

EYLive said:
I rewatched season 4 recently, and that was an all-around awesome season of acting, Tryrion in particular.
As amazing as Dinklage is I still think of him from one of the early seasons of Entourage when he gets pissed at Ari Gold at Sundance and Ari says "Angry little f****r isn't he?" Still cracks me up.

ConnSKINS26 said:
You think Ned heard him, but the Three-Eyed Raven seemed unconvinced. Could easily be a red herring. As for Hodor, that wasn't really what was going on, as I explained above. 
We don't know for sure that Ned heard him but I'm convinced he did. But it's definitely subjective for now. There's no question Ned heard something, though, because he did turn around after Bran called out to him. No question about that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
dparker713 said:
No, we don't.  You're speculatiing.  Partially based upon the books.  But even still thats a fan theory and not something explicit from the text.
We do in the same way that we "knew" Jon was coming back.  So yeah, we know. 

They're getting out of dodge. Don't think they had a lot of ships otherwise Eurons plan could've easily been Yaras plan as well.
Back to find Sansa would seem to be a likely guess. That's the only known ally they could probably count on now. Plus that would strengthen Jon's army against Ramsay.

I doubt they drummed up a plan right in that moment. They were probably just focused on getting the hell out of there knowing it was either that or death. I'm sure we'll find out in the next episode or two where they plan on going.

-fish- said:
Execept Ned, who heard him,  and Willis, who got Hodored.  So other than two of the three times we've seen Bran look into the past and interact, no evidence at all.
I'm a huge fan of using "hodor" as a verb in everyday conversation with someone. I just haven't figured out the proper context and situation.  Once I do, it'll be money. 

Not a lot of water around Winterfell - all the ships in the world won't help that battle.
Regardless of Theon's relationship with Sansa, nobody else in the North would be particularly enthused about fighting alongside the ironborn (who they just finished kicking out of the north) and Theon in particular. 

Regardless of Theon's relationship with Sansa, nobody else in the North would be particularly enthused about fighting alongside the ironborn (who they just finished kicking out of the north) and Theon in particular. 
True but that's where Jon will need to rally the troops. He's been able to bring people on opposing sides together in the past so it's not impossible for him to do it again. 

So current Bran goes back in time and messes Hodor up. But why was Current Hodor in the tree messed up if Bran didn't go back in time until right then.

Did separate timelines merge?

Yeah, if he just gets murdered 8 more times he might have The Mountain, the Martells, The Hound, the Lannisters, and the Starks all fighting for the same cause.
And yet they have to be sailing off somewhere and there's only one known ally/friend of any kind they have that we know about on the show at the present time. And that person is in rather dire need of more soldiers. It would seem to be a rather perfect match. I don't know where else the writers could be sending Theon and his sister that anyone could care about. They aren't going to King's Landing obviously. They aren't going to try and find Dany. They have no idea where she is and even if they did that's where their uncle is going and they want no part of him finding them. Getting to Sansa is their best option and it's the one option from a story perspective that makes the most sense since it also provides Jon with more men for his army against Ramsay.   

The past is already written. The ink is dry.
Why do we assume Bran travelled back in time to deliver the message to Hodor? Couldn't he have simply observed it? meaning bran - or someone/thing else - implanted those words in hodors head at the time it happened, not by travelling back in time.

Hodor on Hodor: Kristian Nairn Discusses His ‘Game of Thrones’ Fate

Although Bran was responsible for the whole chain of events that killed Hodor, Hodor didn’t have to hold that door. He wasn’t being warged into at that stage. It was Meera who asked him to hold the door, it wasn’t Bran. He wants to protect the little guy. That’s all he’s ever done. He wants to help — this is the ultimate helping hand here. I just think he would be happy they could continue without him.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/arts/television/game-of-thrones-hodor-feels-your-pain.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=Moth-Visible&moduleDetail=inside-nyt-region-0&module=inside-nyt-region&region=inside-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-region

Why do we assume Bran travelled back in time to deliver the message to Hodor? Couldn't he have simply observed it? meaning bran - or someone/thing else - implanted those words in hodors head at the time it happened, not by travelling back in time.
Bran did not deliver the message - Bran warged into Hodor in both the present and the past. 

At that moment Wyllis' brain became fried - simultaneously being in the future and the present, leaving him with "Hodor"

Bran did not deliver the message - Bran warged into Hodor in both the present and the past

At that moment Wyllis' brain became fried - simultaneously being in the future and the present, leaving him with "Hodor"
he warged into him at the same time in the past? I didn't catch the white eyes thing in Willis in the flashback.

We do in the same way that we "knew" Jon was coming back.  So yeah, we know. 
People recognized that Jon was pretty integral to the story - being the only person of consequence for so long in what appears to be the most important storyline. Also, we'd seen resurrections before in this show.  However, there's no need for Jon to be a Targaryan - maybe he's just vital to the war to come, Bran knows this, so he ensures his mother survives to give birth - who his father wouldn't much matter in this case.  

Snatch inspired ghost demons are in part fueled by the life essence of the person they are serving. Thats why Stannis fell into a heap and looked older after pounding Melisandre to create the one that killed Renly. Might be worth it.

:coffee:

Snatch inspired ghost demons are in part fueled by the life essence of the person they are serving. Thats why Stannis fell into a heap and looked older after pounding Melisandre to create the one that killed Renly. Might be worth it.

:coffee:
Wait, wasn't that snatch ghost fueled by Gendry when they had him? I thought that was part of the reason why Davos let him go.

he warged into him at the same time in the past? I didn't catch the white eyes thing in Willis in the flashback.
That was the impression I got. Bran was greenseeing when he heard Meera shout out to Warg into Hodor. We saw current Hodor roll his eyes, and the next we see of Wyllis he is on the ground having a seizure screaming Hold the Door.  Suggesting that it was Hodor who time-travelled, and his brain was in the future hearing all the shouts  

Oddly Bran was still greenseeing even though he was not hooked up to the tree.

Wait, wasn't that snatch ghost fueled by Gendry when they had him? I thought that was part of the reason why Davos let him go.
No, Davos let Gendry go because he was afraid he'd get burned at the stake as a sacrifice of king's blood - a very valid concern based on what ended up happening to Shireen. 

That was the impression I got. Bran was greenseeing when he heard Meera shout out to Warg into Hodor. We saw current Hodor roll his eyes, and the next we see of Wyllis he is on the ground having a seizure screaming Hold the Door.  Suggesting that it was Hodor who time-travelled, and his brain was in the future hearing all the shouts  

Oddly Bran was still greenseeing even though he was not hooked up to the tree.
greenseeing- really? :nerd:

No, Davos let Gendry go because he was afraid he'd get burned at the stake as a sacrifice of king's blood - a very valid concern based on what ended up happening to Shireen. 
Did she ever use the blood she leeched from Gendry? I googled it because I didn't remember who the blood was for, but got all kinds of info including some book stuff that appeared to be a bit different from the show.

Snatch gods appear to be fickle. Gendry got away clean, Stannis had to take a knee.
Wait, which is it? Snatch gods, snatch ghosts, snatch demons or sneetches? You need to be more specific here on which sneetch is coming out of which snatch.

Did she ever use the blood she leeched from Gendry? I googled it because I didn't remember who the blood was for, but got all kinds of info including some book stuff that appeared to be a bit different from the show.
Yeah, she used those leeches to attempt to curse the remaining kings in the civil war. 

Yeah, she used those leeches to attempt to curse the remaining kings in the civil war. 
Yep, that's where I remembered incorrectly. I was thinking that the snatch monster ghost demon was part of that and forgot the Stannis sex caused that since it was all around the same time.

I haven't read through the thread in a few weeks, so just looking to see if there's been discussion about what Arya's plot arc is leading to... IMO, she likely will wash out of the I'm nobody path- and then what? assassin? does she take out ramsey? does she get to keep the face-changing skills if she's not part of the group?

Users who are viewing this thread