What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (3 Viewers)

She's a solid 6.5.  Would still prolly bang but would be a little embarrassed to be seen with her in public.  

7: Cute girl at the club, in classes, at work, in apt building. Definitely cute, but not tops locally. 

6: Fairly attractive, no major flaws but maybe minor ones
Yeah, I'm sure you'd be the one embarrassed. 

so if time is happening at the same time,   why is there past present and future why does that even exist then if that didn't exist then there wouldn't be a need for those terms

so if time is happening at the same time,   why is there past present and future why does that even exist then if that didn't exist then there wouldn't be a need for those terms
Because the characters are experiencing time the same way we perceive it--in order. Because they're trying to tell a story. This is a common timeline/"time travel" trope in other movies or mediums. 

Just an update for those that don't also follow the "book readers only" thread: Now that the TV shows is ahead of the books it's transitioned from pages and pages of "the book did it better" to pages and pages of "the book would have done it better."

Carry on. 

Just an update for those that don't also follow the "book readers only" thread: Now that the TV shows is ahead of the books it's transitioned from pages and pages of "the book did it better" to pages and pages of "the book would have done it better."

Carry on. 
Sorry I missed out

She's a solid 6.5.  Would still prolly bang but would be a little embarrassed to be seen with her in public.  

7: Cute girl at the club, in classes, at work, in apt building. Definitely cute, but not tops locally. 

6: Fairly attractive, no major flaws but maybe minor ones
Gotta toss the flag on this one. :bs:

Excepting MAYBE a male supermodel, nobody would be embarrassed to be seen with someone like that. Heck, most would be showing her off!

I can see her not being someone's cup of tea, could even see a 6.5 (though I think that's a bit low), but by the Offdee descriptions, a 6.5 isn't someone you're embarrassed to even be seen with.

Gotta toss the flag on this one. :bs:

Excepting MAYBE a male supermodel, nobody would be embarrassed to be seen with someone like that. Heck, most would be showing her off!

I can see her not being someone's cup of tea, could even see a 6.5 (though I think that's a bit low), but by the Offdee descriptions, a 6.5 isn't someone you're embarrassed to even be seen with.
I think her low point, even with a couple extra pounds from her 'ideal' is a 7. At her best, she is easily an 8. You people are really too funny.

So as I said before alternate timelines have merged.
No, there are no alternate timelines.  There is THIS timeline.  "The ink of the past is dry".  Bran may try to fix things, but they will ultimately result in the timeline playing out exactly as we have seen it.  Anything that Bran tries to change from here on out, will only result in the outcomes we've already seen.  It may turn up that Bran was the cause of some of the stuff (he may be the voice telling Mad King to burn them all, which ultimately started everything), but he can't change anything that has happened.

A theory about next episode, but I put it in spoilers so people don't get to antsy about it.  Purely show related.
I posted about this in the other thread

If imdb is any indicator, then we are in agreement - A few days ago I was looking at next week's episode when I noticed the actor who played Benjen in S1 was listed as a character called "Brother Beyond the Wall" - I posted about it on FBG a few days ago here: 

Havent been on here in a while, not sure how to do spoiler alert anymore. 

Dont highlight below if you dont want to be potentially spoiled on something related to next week's episode (not sure if brought up or not):

I looked ahead to the credits for next week's episode on IMDB

Look at who is credited as "Brother Beyond the Wall"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4283054/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

It appears Benjen is alive (in some capacity)
I checked again today and now that credit is gone... hmmm..

Here is a snapshot I took that shows this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142185720@N05/shares/560G0b

No,  there are no gotate timelines.  There untIS  timeline.  "The ink of t he past is dry".  Bran may try to fix things, but they will ultimately result in the timeline playing out exactly as we have seen it.  Anything that Bran tries to change from here on out, will only result in the outcomes we've already seen.  It may turn up that Bran was the cause of some of the stuff (he may be the voice telling Mad King to burn them all, which ultimately started everything), but he can't change anything that has happened.
So again why was hodor walking around like hodor this whole time, if it wasnt until just now that bran did that.

if bran doesnt go back willys stays fine so bran did changet the past

So again why was hodor walking around like hodor this whole time, if it wasnt until just now that bran did that.

if bran doesnt go back willys stays fine so bran did changet the past
Because it had already happened. We just didn't know until "our" time line caught up to the point where Bran "went back". It's not that complicated,  there was never a version of Willys that didn't become Hodor in that moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it had already happened. We just didn't know until "our" time line caught up to the point where Bran "went back". It's not that complicated,  there was never a version of Willys that didn't become Honor in that moment.

Who?

It's hard to keep up with all these new characters.

Because it had already happened. We just didn't know until "our" time line caught up to the point where Bran "went back". It's not that complicated,  there was never a version of Willys that didn't become Honor in that moment.
I thought there was only 1 time line? So which is it?

I thought there was only 1 time line? So which is it?
Bran didn't change anything, he just caused a past even which had already happened.  Hodor was already Hodor, Bran just went back and made it happen.  It's a closed loop, all within one timeline.  Bran can't go back in time and change things, like stop Mad King from burning his grandfather which set all this stuff in motion

Bran didn't change anything, he just caused a past even which had already happened.  Hodor was already Hodor, Bran just went back and made it happen.  It's a closed loop, all within one timeline.  Bran can't go back in time and change things, like stop Mad King from burning his grandfather which set all this stuff in motion
wat

Without Bran warging Hodor becomes Hodor?

And "the ink is dry" is BULL####.  Old Guy told Bran that, so he wouldn't get any ideas

Ned definitely felt Bran there

Last edited by a moderator:
No, there are no alternate timelines.  There is THIS timeline.  "The ink of the past is dry".  Bran may try to fix things, but they will ultimately result in the timeline playing out exactly as we have seen it.  Anything that Bran tries to change from here on out, will only result in the outcomes we've already seen.  It may turn up that Bran was the cause of some of the stuff (he may be the voice telling Mad King to burn them all, which ultimately started everything), but he can't change anything that has happened.
I think this is what a lot of people are missing. While he may be able to change things in the past, they will have already happened in the time the show is taking place.

So while Bran may have been the one in the fire speaking to Varys, he can't go back and kill Varys or go back and kill the wizard so he keeps his genitals because he is alive in the present, sans genitals.

I wrote this in the Varsity thread.....but it serves a purpose here.  

To me, at least from a story telling perspective, they are leaning in a direction in which Bran, maybe more powerful than the Three Eyed Raven has the ability to "echo" thru the past (maybe without physically being able to change it himself). Otherwise, the whole situation could have been stamped out by a conversation between the Three Eyed Raven and Bran in which it's definitively said that nothing can be changed.  Instead, we're given a more open ended, mysterious situation where:

BRAN: "FATHER!"

(Ned stops running up the steps to save his screaming sister (later explained away as wind or a bird by The Three Eyed Raven),slowly looks back as if he heard something and then takes the time to survey the area before leaving).

(Close up of the Three Eyed Raven watching this unfold) I'm not going to try to interpret the Raven's look....as I'm sure we all could interpret it to bolster our point. 

If that scene doesn't at least give you pause to think that that Three Eyed Raven is A)lying to Bran (for reasons not explained) or B) doesn't realize that the powers can be used this way and is surprised when Bran does it......then I don't know what would.  It's purposefully ambigious and meant at the very least to give pause to believe the Raven's insistence that "the ink is dry".

I don't think I'd have a problem with the idea that the Raven didn't/wasn't able to harness that aspect of the power and that Bran, although having some sort of ability that the Raven didn't, isn't able to use it effectively enough to physically change the past himself.  That would jibe with the theory of him (in a time is a flat circle kind of manner) trying to contact those who he thinks can prevent the White Walkers from being dominant).

I also don't have a problem with people not liking this, as while I don't think it's quite a deus ex machina (as I dont' think it will "right the wrongs" of the world).....I think it's "11th Hour Mystical" enough to give the initial impression of being so. Plus, I think it adds another dimension to the story that people might not have the patience for. 

How did the old guy get stuck in the tree?  What did he do if he had to go to the bathroom?  Or if he was hungry or thirsty for that matter?

Users who are viewing this thread