What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (12 Viewers)

There has been some interest here in a Hound-Mountain battle royale.  That could be arranged, though it'd be a stretch: Jamie's about to be confronted about his earlier actions.  If it's a true trial, he could call for a trail by combat.  Then, under some arrangement and backroom dealings, Mountain travels north to fight for him.  Hound seizes the opportunity and agrees to fight against his brother.  Bone breaking and blood spilling follow.  As I said ...it's a stretch.  

There has been some interest here in a Hound-Mountain battle royale.  That could be arranged, though it'd be a stretch: Jamie's about to be confronted about his earlier actions.  If it's a true trial, he could call for a trail by combat.  Then, under some arrangement and backroom dealings, Mountain travels north to fight for him.  Hound seizes the opportunity and agrees to fight against his brother.  Bone breaking and blood spilling follow.  As I said ...it's a stretch.  
nah, Jamie is going to be forgiven by Bran for the push, he didn't even stab Ned in the leg all the way back in season1. Im guessing Danny will want him killed for his Fathers death as well….should be interesting to see how the Kingslayer gets out of this one.

nah, Jamie is going to be forgiven by Bran for the push, he didn't even stab Ned in the leg all the way back in season1. Im guessing Danny will want him killed for his Fathers death as well….should be interesting to see how the Kingslayer gets out of this one.
There's a sound bite somewhere in a preview or something that's aired that makes it seem like Bran is saying to Jon something along the lines of, "All the things you have done have brought you here."

I think that's Bran to Jaime.  And I lean towards Bran getting him out of it.

There is a 1000% chance of the Mountain and Hound fighting. I’m more sure of that than anything else. It’ll prob be in Kings Landing though. 

The Hound has spent the last 6 seasons saying “my name is Sandor Clegange, you burned my face, prepare to die.”

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a sound bite somewhere in a preview or something that's aired that makes it seem like Bran is saying to Jon something along the lines of, "All the things you have done have brought you here."

I think that's Bran to Jaime.  And I lean towards Bran getting him out of it.
It could also be Theon that Bran was talking to. He's on the way to Winterfell. And he and Bran had dialogue in 1.1 (the arrow shooting scene). 

There is a 1000% chance of the Mountain and Hound fighting. I’m more sure of that than anything else. It’ll prob be in Kings Landing though. 
I agree.  I think most are predicting that the Hound will kill the Mountain though, while I think the Mountain will kill the Hound (then likely be killed by Arya).

if someone answered last time I asked, apologies, I missed it....

Do we have proof in the show that Bran knows it was Jamie that pushed him out of the window? Or are we just assuming he has traveled back and figured that out? 

I've only rewatched season 1 so far, but I don't recall him finding out in my first run through. 

Do we have proof in the show that Bran knows it was Jamie that pushed him out of the window? Or are we just assuming he has traveled back and figured that out? 

I've only rewatched season 1 so far, but I don't recall him finding out in my first run through. 
I don't think he remembered. Pretty sure that was mentioned in S1, but its been awhile since I saw it. Logically, if he remembered then a bunch of stuff goes down differently. But at this point, I am expecting Bran as the Three Eyed Raven to know everything about everyone, but he only cares about the NK.

Regarding Jamie and "getting out of it", I like the Bran ideas. 

Also, I believe that Dany may not be as harsh as many expect. 

I can't remember the source of my memory, but Barristan Selmy spent a good deal of time explaining to Dany the true threat the Mad King posed from the perspective of one of his King's Guard. 

The reason that Jamie is my favorite character arc, is the redemption angle. 

Therefore, I am really hoping that the full truth comes out, and he finally gets recognized for the good deed (killing MK) that has haunted him since. 

I don't need him to live or have a happy ending, but I want his true motivation to be revealed. The irony of the moniker King Slayer (irt it's overall meaning - not just the slayin') is big in my mind - cause he saved a city & maybe an entire kingdom with that. Even though it has partially led to the current mess irt the Iron Throne. 

Maybe that be too big a wish - but, here's ta hope. 💥

Regarding Jamie and "getting out of it", I like the Bran ideas. 

Also, I believe that Dany may not be as harsh as many expect. 

I can't remember the source of my memory, but Barristan Selmy spent a good deal of time explaining to Dany the true threat the Mad King posed from the perspective of one of his King's Guard. 

The reason that Jamie is my favorite character arc, is the redemption angle. 

Therefore, I am really hoping that the full truth comes out, and he finally gets recognized for the good deed (killing MK) that has haunted him since. 

I don't need him to live or have a happy ending, but I want his true motivation to be revealed. The irony of the moniker King Slayer (irt it's overall meaning - not just the slayin') is big in my mind - cause he saved a city & maybe an entire kingdom with that. Even though it has partially led to the current mess irt the Iron Throne. 

Maybe that be too big a wish - but, here's ta hope. 💥
Brienne is there, too, and if she speaks up for him, Sansa will listen imo

I had assumed he knew it was Jamie and lied about it so not to cause trouble for his family. :shrug:  

Pretty sure we got a Bran-becoming-Three-Eyed-Raven montage where he had a fast moving slideshow of visions entering his mind at some point...you can briefly see the Mad King burning people alive in there which lead to the theories about a Hodor-esque temporal mind-screw making the Mad King...well, Mad. Aka it was Bran's fault. That theory has been popular. But anyways, I say that to point out that in that vision slide show Bran had, pretty positive him falling out of the tower was one of the scenes he/we saw. Which would mean he knows.

Could be misremembering though.

My guess - Dany dies and Jon turns his back on the throne as it's cost him too much.  Then Gendry takes over and marries caterpillar-eyebrows.

Pretty sure we got a Bran-becoming-Three-Eyed-Raven montage where he had a fast moving slideshow of visions entering his mind at some point...you can briefly see the Mad King burning people alive in there which lead to the theories about a Hodor-esque temporal mind-screw making the Mad King...well, Mad. Aka it was Bran's fault. That theory has been popular. But anyways, I say that to point out that in that vision slide show Bran had, pretty positive him falling out of the tower was one of the scenes he/we saw. Which would mean he knows.

Thanks. Was wondering if I had missed something. Will pay more attention on my rewatch. 

Yes, right after the NK touched Bran and then made his way to the cave under the tree, the Three Eyed Raven said, "It's time for you to become me." And then it went into the data dump between the TER and Bran while Meera and the elf looking girl fought off the WW's. Bran sees himself going out the window among a bunch of other things. 

If this were Martins book...I think it'd be a bloodbath.  That being said, I think a lot of the secondary characters will be at the mercy of the showrunners and not Martin.  To that, they're going to spare a couple of the secondary characters for the sake of the show watchers.  

MAIN CHARACTERS WHO WILL LIVE/DIE IN BOTH MARTINS BOOKS & THE SHOW

Dany - Dead

Jon/Arya/Sansa - Alive

Bran - Dead

Tyrion - Alive

Jamie - Dead

Cersei - Dead

SECONDARY CHARACTERS ON THE SHOW

Onion Knight -  Dead

Tormund/Brienne - Alive

Pod - Dead

Grey Worm/Missendi - Dead

Hound/Mountain - Dead

Theon - Dead

Yara - Alive

Euron - Dead

Varys - Dead

Gendry - Alive

Hot Pie - Alive

SweetRobin - Alive

Nights Watch Commander Ed - Dead

Jeor Mormont - Dead

Lil Mormont Girl - Alive

Bronn - Alive

do we think they might keep any characters alive just in case they spin up another show in the future?
I don't think so.

They're doing that one sequel/prequel.  I'm shocked they just didn't decide to do a Robert's Rebellion show.  To me, that would be the safer/more lucrative bet than doing something set a thousand years before this show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qsQUroPq3g

A man knows things

Yikes.  And this is why you don't give characters powers like this.   :X

Yikes.  And this is why you don't give characters powers like this.   :X
It's kind of a cool twist. It was cool when we found out about the origination of Hodor. It would be cool if Brand drove the mad king mad. And I could see it happening. Say they lose at Winterfell and have to head to KL to regroup and take on the army of the dead. Bran is doing his time walking thing and goes to the time the city was being attacked right when the white walkers are attacking and somehow gives the mad king a glimpse into that. The king things the invaders are the army of the dead and must destroy them and wildfire is the only way. I can see it. 

I agree.  I think most are predicting that the Hound will kill the Mountain though, while I think the Mountain will kill the Hound (then likely be killed by Arya).
I don't see Arya killing the Mountain.  That doesn't really make a lot of sense with the abilities Arya has.  I see the Mountain burning in the end, kind of a nod to what he did to the Hound when they were kids.  I don't think Sandor does it as that doesn't make sense for him either, but that's how I think the Mountain will eventually be dead dead.

Thunderlips said:
I don't think so.

They're doing that one sequel/prequel.  I'm shocked they just didn't decide to do a Robert's Rebellion show.  To me, that would be the safer/more lucrative bet than doing something set a thousand years before this show. 
agreed, they already have young ned, lyanna, rhaegar actors selected 

Foosball God said:
I don't see Arya killing the Mountain.  That doesn't really make a lot of sense with the abilities Arya has.  I see the Mountain burning in the end, kind of a nod to what he did to the Hound when they were kids.  I don't think Sandor does it as that doesn't make sense for him either, but that's how I think the Mountain will eventually be dead dead.
Fair assumption given that he's zombified now and it's been demonstrated the only real way to kill zombie on GoT is turning them to ash.

Fair assumption given that he's zombified now and it's been demonstrated the only real way to kill zombie on GoT is turning them to ash.
And valyrian steel and dragon glass...

But I don't think the Mountain is on the same level as the WW's. Can the NK control him? Can he die from dragon glass? If they cut off his arm, will it keep moving? What level of zombiefied is he?

But I don't think the Mountain is on the same level as the WW's. Can the NK control him? Can he die from dragon glass? If they cut off his arm, will it keep moving? What level of zombiefied is he?
Good point, Qyburn didn't use magic to re-animate him, but some crazy black science.

What we really need is a re-animated army created by Qyburn to go fight the White Walkers. A true WWZ!

Fantastic question, especially about the NK. Imagine if the Frozen One blows through Winterfell and heads straight south to meet Cersei's rental army, wipes them out and is face to face with her and the Mountain. What if the Cold King takes control of the Mountain and turns him on Cersei and she dies the death poor Septa Unella suffered at the hands of the zombie in S7?

Lightbringer was mentioned with regard to Stannis earlier in the series a few times.  
  On 4/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Has Lightbringer & Nissa Nissa been mentioned in show? 

I honestly can't remember. 

And, if it hasn't, I'm guessing the blood requirements of Melisandre's magic is the closest thing to it. 

Lightbringer is buried with Lyana Stark, 

Mark the tape. 

Foosball God said:
Also, my theory is that Sansa ends up on the Iron throne with some eerie parallels to Cersei.
This is where I fall as well. I think she will turn the lessons she learned from Cersie  back on Cersie and she'll sit on the throne or whatever seat of power is left at the end.  The signs have been pointing to this for a while. 

Jon's sacrifice will enable all of this to happen and he will be the hero of the story. 

See, that's what I remembered. He sees himself falling, but it doesn't show who pushed him. So I am not sure that he knows who it was. Yes, he was glaring at Jamie in 8.1, but um, he glares at everyone like that now. Kinda his thing. 

Thanks. I'm guessing in relation to Gendry - since I don't recall an Edric Storm in show. 

Well, if it has been mentioned, one could argue it a Chekhov's gun. Thus it must be used. 

However, I'm not sure if the current writers are that focused. 
Just watched this yesterday. Lightbringer was the sword that Stannis drew from the fire in the beach on Dragonstone in 2.1, with Melisandra performing the ceremony. 

Just watched this yesterday. Lightbringer was the sword that Stannis drew from the fire in the beach on Dragonstone in 2.1, with Melisandra performing the ceremony. 
I do remember that scene, but didn't they just burn the "pagan" god statues?

I thought it was a stunt - rather than the real thing - something to rally the troops.

I admit that I may very well be wrong, as I have not seen that in ages.

Regardless, thanks for reminding me - I am open to this line.

If this is the real Lightbringer - and Ramsay killed Stannis - then where is Lightbringer now?

Somewhere in Winterfell?

I do remember that scene, but didn't they just burn the "pagan" god statues?

I thought it was a stunt - rather than the real thing - something to rally the troops.

I admit that I may very well be wrong, as I have not seen that in ages.

Regardless, thanks for reminding me - I am open to this line.

If this is the real Lightbringer - and Ramsay killed Stannis - then where is Lightbringer now?

Somewhere in Winterfell?
Ramsey didn’t kill Stannis did he? Thought Brienne pulled the Silvio in the woods on him?

Users who are viewing this thread