What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (2 Viewers)

How did they choose who voted for King? Was it lords of their houses? Why was Brienne and Davos up there? Because it seemed like it was just "main characters left on the show" that voted for king. This is the inconsistency people complain about the writing.

Serious question?

So the unsullied were given some land... this is where they were going?

Are they all just going to hang out now?  They can't have sex, no women....  they just going to chill?

@belljr

At the end of the Game of Thrones finale, Grey Worm announces that he's headed to Naath. But what is Naath, and why does our Unsullied friend want to go there so badly?

The reason is pretty sad, so prepare yourself. The island of Naath was the homeland of Missandei, Daenerys' trusted advisor who was beheaded atop the walls of King's Landing at the end of the final season's fourth episode. Missandei was also Grey Worm's lover, and earlier in the season, they made plans to go to Naath together some day. They were all excited to check out the beaches on the island, until....whoosh. The Mountain's sword put an end to all that.

I might at some point post my overall thoughts in detail and might join in a discussion or two. But I really loved the ending. Didn't think I would once that meeting of Lords started, but once they laughed at Sam and then Tyrion's small council meeting....

Just perfect for me. They didn't learn. At all. After everything they had all been through and everything they lost, they went right on playing the same game of thrones they always did. And when Bran dies a new king will be picked by the Lords. Maybe it's someone who bought off the others, or the one with the  bigger army, or one who just takes it by force, or maybe the six kingdoms just have another war. 

But for now they think they are going to do it better. Just like every ruler before them.

That is a bittersweet reality.

Another thing.  Tyrion finding Jamie and Cersei.  When they died it looked liked the whole place was falling in on them. But if they would have just moved a few feet they could have lived.
They also managed to lie horizontally under very little rubble even though they were standing as it looked like the whole thing was crashing on them... ;)  

I might at some point post my overall thoughts in detail and might join in a discussion or two. But I really loved the ending. Didn't think I would once that meeting of Lords started, but once they laughed at Sam and then Tyrion's small council meeting....

Just perfect for me. They didn't learn. At all. After everything they had all been through and everything they lost, they went right on playing the same game of thrones they always did. And when Bran dies a new king will be picked by the Lords. Maybe it's someone who bought off the others, or the one with the  bigger army, or one who just takes it by force, or maybe the six kingdoms just have another war. 

But for now they think they are going to do it better. Just like every ruler before them.

They did learn. The son of a king is no longer the new King (ie Jon Snow or Gendry). Instead, now the lords vote for the new king. Its not true democracy but it is somewhere in between what they had and a true democracy.

This entire series was an inevitable let down imo.  When we first started watching it was cool because it eluded to all of the supernatural things like dragons.  They slowly introduced stuff, an it was cool when we saw a dragon or a white Walker.  By the end of the series we were basically watching Jurassic Park.

The unsullied just got finished killing women and children and surrendered solidiers. The dothraki did the same and added in some raping for good measure. And they both did that for their queen. 

She gets assassinated and not only do they not take revenge, but they just agree to some peace agreement where they sail away to a foreign land. 

Lame. They should have just sacked what was left of the northern army then loved out their queens dream by ####### up everyone else in Westeros and beyond. 

Yep danny didnt break the wheel....they just restarted it......

The unsullied just got finished killing women and children and surrendered solidiers. The dothraki did the same and added in some raping for good measure. And they both did that for their queen. 

She gets assassinated and not only do they not take revenge, but they just agree to some peace agreement where they sail away to a foreign land. 

Lame. They should have just sacked what was left of the northern army then loved out their queens dream by ####### up everyone else in Westeros and beyond. 
Or how about they goto kill Jon Snow and Drogon comes in and blows them all to smithereens and then flies off. Wouldnt that have made more sense then what the writers gave us?

no dany never tried to change the system it would always be her as queen, breaking the wheel is giving the power to the people, not being the long list of things she was.  she became Lenin to Cersei's Czar. burn #### down and build on the ashes,  and "free" the world too.  the picking of a king is the logical first step away from dynastic system.   baby steps
I’m pretty sure we are saying the same thing 

That’s what really would have happened in similar circumstances. They followed her around for a decade, now in a foreign land full of people they neither trust nor like and there’s gonna be a peaceful ending?

I didn't like the season overall but thought the finale was fine.  Not saying much but it was the best episode of the season.

I think they wrapped it up fine, which is really all I wanted and then still kept some options open for something more down the road.

Bran is an odd choice, no doubt about it and not crazy about that idea but if that's where they wanted to go with it, I can live with it.

Wait. So Pod’s reward was a promotion to KingsGuard (no wife, no land, no titles) and pushing the King around non-ADA compliant King’s Landing? 

Boooooooo. He deserved better. 
One could also argue he has no business on the Kingsguard. He’s a squire. Presumably was knighted offscreen at some point before the very end, but the Kingsguard? That’s Hollywood. 

Bran the seer and the new King of the six realms should have gone all white-eyed, three-eyed Raven, and then woken to reveal that dragons are born pregnant and that the dragon took Dany north and laid her beside a glowing ice spear left behind by the night king.  The end.

Last edited by a moderator:
a couple alternate ending ideas i would've liked to see ..

Arya

we see her sitting in the ship's lounge; it's open mic night for comics, and Ser Fool #### (ya know, the one who got punked on Joffrey's name day and who helped Sansa outta KL after the Joffrey poisoning - can't recall his name, or if he's even still alive - if that blows my nerd cred, so be it) is on stage riffing some horrible shtick on Jon Snow "take my wolf, PLEASE!!" - Arya chuckles a bit, takes a big swig of wine, and reflects ... suddenly, the ship's nurse appears, and whispers in Arya's ear ... Arya has a look of shock, then glances down at the positive EPT strip - yep, she was definitely sperminated by the Lord of the Stormlands ... she immediately dumps her wine on the floor as a half assed grin crosses her face. 

/scene

Ser Brienne

after she's done ammending Jaime's ledger, she sits back and places her hand on her tummy ... tears streak down her cheeks as she says "your father was far more honorable than he'll ever be given credit for, it is up to us to forever rectify that, my child"

/scene

Or how about they goto kill Jon Snow and Drogon comes in and blows them all to smithereens and then flies off. Wouldnt that have made more sense then what the writers gave us?
There was a ton of that didn’t really make sense wouldn’t they have done X instead this season. Love the show but that finale put a bow on by far the worst season and the most out of character season. Some great parts in it but for the most part it honestly felt like we were watching a different show. It’s not in the same ball park as the mess that TWD has become but somewhere early on in that show, the showrunners felt that people were more invested in particular characters that they’d end around their deaths or give them send offs that weren’t realistic. Same with this season. Wouldn’t Jaime finding Cersei burnt alive before being crushed be a Ned Stark way out instead of a loving embrace of a not so truly understood couple? We didn’t need “closure”, we wanted a better final season. 

Johns going to be a lumber jack up North.
Where he will be kidnapped by an elite army unit that will transform him into a mutant who possesses animal-keen senses, enhanced physical capabilities, powerful regenerative ability known as a healing factor, and three retractable claws in each hand. Wait...

morning after ### pull plot line .....

5  years from now .... 6 part season 9: for the $$$$ 

Drogon flies Dany's body to the shadow lands of Asshai and a red priestess brings her back to life "Jon Snow style".....

.... Jon Snow becomes King beyond the Wall, he somehow becomes the new Knight King   --- Dany comes back to Westeros w/ Drogon & Grey Worm, takes out Sansa ----- Bran, Tyrian, Bronn, and others including Ayra returning from the far west (with who knows what powers or forces) have to try to defeat Dany .... Bran & Sam somehow find a way to cure/ transform Jon to help take on Dany  (or trick her into a trap were her/ her army has to fight Knight King Jon & his army of the dead - then Bran & Sam cure him) .....   

no cups or bottles found in any scenes 

One could also argue he has no business on the Kingsguard. He’s a squire. Presumably was knighted offscreen at some point before the very end, but the Kingsguard? That’s Hollywood. 
A major part of the job is being trustworthy, so it made sense to me. And they did lay some track for him being a good swordsman before and at the battle in the North. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats my point kindof, I would have thought everyone would have been angered at burning the city even them.  But they never really touched on it.  Pretty petty on my part I know but it still was a great episode.
This was just another sign of how they rushed the final season.

They basically skipped weeks of Tyrion and Jon as prisoners, explained everything to the other houses and brought them into this council hearing thing.

I thought overall the episode was very good for the first half...then just tried to tie everything up quickly and nice and neat and happy

No, that they think the cheesy "dragon knows the symbolism of the Iron Throne and that's what killed Mommy" was cool. 

I think most here are emotionally invested in the show.  
Agreed. I'm fine with it knowing who Jon is and not torching him, but being aware of what the Iron Throne is was lame.

a couple alternate ending ideas i would've liked to see ..

Arya

we see her sitting in the ship's lounge; it's open mic night for comics, and Ser Fool #### (ya know, the one who got punked on Joffrey's name day and who helped Sansa outta KL after the Joffrey poisoning - can't recall his name, or if he's even still alive - if that blows my nerd cred, so be it) is on stage riffing some horrible shtick on Jon Snow "take my wolf, PLEASE!!" - Arya chuckles a bit, takes a big swig of wine, and reflects ... suddenly, the ship's nurse appears, and whispers in Arya's ear ... Arya has a look of shock, then glances down at the positive EPT strip - yep, she was definitely sperminated by the Lord of the Stormlands ... she immediately dumps her wine on the floor as a half assed grin crosses her face. 

/scene

Ser Brienne

after she's done ammending Jaime's ledger, she sits back and places her hand on her tummy ... tears streak down her cheeks as she says "your father was far more honorable than he'll ever be given credit for, it is up to us to forever rectify that, my child"

/scene
GAG X100000000000000

Users who are viewing this thread