What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2013 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

11-hole in the HSFF live brodacast FBG draft tonight:

QB: Brady (7), Cutler

RB: Forte (1), Lynch (2), Ivory (6), D Williams (8), FJax (10), M Bush

WR: VJax (4), T Smith (5), D Alexander (9), D Moore, Hill, LaFell

TE: Gronk (3), Gresham, Allen

K: Prater, Hartley

D: PIT

Just finished my 1st draft and really like this team, lots of upside guys on pine. Need one of these TE's to step up and be decent. Would like others thoughts

Luck

Dalton

D. Martin

A. Morris

G. Bernard

M. Ingram

B. Pierce

R. Williams

Fitz

J. Nelson

A. Brown

T. Austin

V. Brown

J. Kerley

M. bennett

R. Housler

D. Allen

Rams

Bailey

I dont love your TE's but otherwise you have a nice, solid team all the way around. You also have very nice upside in your WR's. Im a bit worried about Morris' role as I think Helu is going to have a large role but as a RB2 you should be fine. Nice job!

Re: Bush:

In the drafts I have seen he has gone: 3.1, 2.3, 2.9, 2.12, 2.6 and 2.3. Those drafts are in chronological order so it appears he is going earlier of late but has consistently gone by the end of 2nd/early 3rd.

Just finished my 1st draft and really like this team, lots of upside guys on pine. Need one of these TE's to step up and be decent. Would like others thoughts

Luck

Dalton

D. Martin

A. Morris

G. Bernard

M. Ingram

B. Pierce

R. Williams

Fitz

J. Nelson

A. Brown

T. Austin

V. Brown

J. Kerley

M. bennett

R. Housler

D. Allen

Rams

Bailey
What round did you get Gio and Ingram?

From the 1 spot

QB: Dalton (14), BigBen (15), Rivers (16)

RB: AP (1), Chris Johnson (2), Mendenhall (6), Woodhead (9), FJax (11), Gerhart (17)

WR: Fitz (3), Brown (4), Welker(5), Hopkins (10), Givens (12)

TE: Rudolph (7), Pettigrew (8), Gresham (13)

DST: Pit (18)

Kicker: Bullock and Nugent

I think the 1 spot is a tough place to draft. There was still good value at RB in the 3rd round where we went with Fitz, but we tried to take a balanced approach because drafting at the turn based on need is not a great way to go.

It was also one of the most interesting drafts I've been a part of. At the end of six rounds, 6 TEs had been taken by the left side of the board and 1 by the right side. 1 QB by the left side of the board and 5 by the right side. So at 7.1, we thought there would be a huge TE run, but only two got taken before we picked again at 8.12. So we hit TE again, and the run finally happened as 10 TEs went off the board in Rds 9 and 10.

Then we wanted to take a QB at the 10/11 turn, Romo and RGIII got taken (infamous Banks to RGIII as a backup). So we waited and waited and think ended up with a good committee result at QB.

Luck

Dalton

D. Martin

A. Morris

G. Bernard

M. Ingram

B. Pierce

R. Williams

Fitz

J. Nelson

A. Brown

T. Austin

V. Brown

J. Kerley

M. bennett

R. Housler

D. Allen

Rams

Bailey
What round did you get Gio and Ingram?
Gio rd 6, Ingram rd 11, ya kinda stole both those guys, usually go much higher, good thing to as both my starting rb's have byes week 5

From the 1 spot

RB: AP (1), Chris Johnson (2), Mendenhall (6), Woodhead (9), FJax (11), Gerhart (17)

I think the 1 spot is a tough place to draft. There was still good value at RB in the 3rd round where we went with Fitz, but we tried to take a balanced approach because drafting at the turn based on need is not a great way to go.

It was also one of the most interesting drafts I've been a part of. At the end of six rounds, 6 TEs had been taken by the left side of the board and 1 by the right side. 1 QB by the left side of the board and 5 by the right side. So at 7.1, we thought there would be a huge TE run, but only two got taken before we picked again at 8.12. So we hit TE again, and the run finally happened as 10 TEs went off the board in Rds 9 and 10.

Then we wanted to take a QB at the 10/11 turn, Romo and RGIII got taken (infamous Banks to RGIII as a backup). So we waited and waited and think ended up with a good committee result at QB.
What WRs were left when you picked Fitzgerald. Usually CJ2K doesn't slip to 2.12.... did a QB get picked in the 2nd round to make that happen?

ImTheScientist said:
gchuva said:
From the 1 spot

What WRs were left when you picked Fitzgerald. Usually CJ2K doesn't slip to 2.12.... did a QB get picked in the 2nd round to make that happen?
Actually I probably influenced this and it wasn't due to a QB. I was in the same draft at the 4. I was setting up for rounds 2 & 3. Looking at Sproles or CJ2k in round 2 and thinking Witten would be there for me in the 3rd. My fingers got ahead of my cheatsheet and I took Witten in the 2nd. Next 3 were Sproles, Bush and then CJ2k. Ended up with Murray in the 3rd.

nikshatnt, i like your team way better than mine. if D Wilson is a top15 RB, you are all set for a playoff run, and you got a stud WR in Dez, with good depth at RB/WR/TE. Since you had the mildly unproven Tannehill as a QB2, I'm not a big fan of Locker as a QB3 (even though I'm in Nashville). If you had like Rivers/Rothlisb/Schaub/Palmer as a QB2 and then had Locker i'd like that team more

Picking from the 11th spot on Tuesday. My first draft and I really like my team but the draft expert gave it a low grade. Probably because I had to reach to get the guys that I wanted.

Luck(8), Tannehill(14), Locker(15),

SJackson(2), DWilson(3), LBell(4), BGEllis(9), DRobinson(16),

Dez Bryant(1) ,CShorts(5),TY Hilton(6), StJohnson(7), GTate(10), BLafell (12),

FDavis(11), DWalker(13), BWatson(19),

Hauschka (20),

Arizona (17), Miami (18).

any thoughts?

ImTheScientist said:
gchuva said:
From the 1 spot

Cobb, White, Andre Johnson, Cruz and VJax all there

Team 1.....1.10 (went RB-RB)

QB - Kaepernick

QB - Flacco

RB - T Richardson

RB - A Morris

RB - Lacy

RB - Pead

RB - Redman

RB - Dwyer

RB - Bell

RB - LeShoure

WR - V Jackson

WR - Amendola

WR - Torrey Smith

WR - Michael Floyd

WR - J Baldwin

TE - M Bennett, Eifert

Last edited by a moderator:
Team 2....1.10 (went WR-WR-WR-TE)

QB - Wilson

QB - Romo

RB - Vereen

RB - Hillman

RB - P Thomas

RB - J Bell

RB - Redman

RB - B Powell

RB - K Hunter

RB - D Robinson

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Dez Bryant

WR - R White

WR - T Smith

WR - G Tate

TE - T Gonzalez

TE - M Bennett

team 3....1.5 (went RB-RB-RB)

QB - Wilson

QB - Schaub

RB - Spiller

RB - Sproles

RB - MJD

RB - F Jackson

RB - Redman

RB - Dwyer

RB - Forsett

WR- Amendola

WR - A Brown

WR - S Smith

WR - D Jackson

WR - DHB

WR - Burleson

TE - Daniels

TE - F Davis

team 4....1.9 (went RB-RB-RB)

QB - Kaepernick

QB - Flacco

RB - Rice

RB - C Johnson

RB - Gore

RB - Ballard

RB - L James

RB - S Greene

WR - Bowe

WR - Jennings

WR - Shorts

WR - D Jackson

WR - DHB

WR - Michael Floyd

WR - Baldwin

WR - Avant

TE - Bennett

team 5...1.10 (went WR-WR)

QB - A Smith

QB - Bradford

QB - Rivers

RB - MJD

RB - Mathews

RB - Ingram

RB - P Thomas

RB - Pierce

RB - Bell

RB - LeShoure

RB - Forsett

WR- D Bryant

WR - Marshall

WR - Bowe

WR - D Alexander

TE - Olsen

TE - Fleener

team 6....1.5 (went RB-RB-RB-RB)

QB - P Manning

QB - Flacco

RB - Charles

RB - Bush

RB - Murray

RB - Gore

RB - Bell

RB - Dunbar

WR - Britt

WR - Jennings

WR - L Moore

WR - M Williams

WR - Dobson

WR - Boyce

TE - Dickson

TE - Pettigrew

TE - Housler

team 7....1.2 (went WR-TE-QB)

QB - Brees

RB - Vereen

RB - D Wilson

RB - A Brown

RB - Ingram

RB - Powell

RB - Redman

RB - Randle

RB - Dunbar

WR - Calvin

WR - Britt

WR - Boldin

WR - K Wright

WR - Broyles

WR - Baldwin

WR - Avery

TE - Witten

TE - Casey

From the 3:

QB: Kaepernick (8), A Smith (15)

RB: Martin (1), Bush (2), Murray (3), Ivory (7), Randle (18)

WR: Bowe (4), Amendola (5), James Jones (6), D Moore (11), Floyd (13), Roberts (17)

TE: Cameron (9), Keller, (10), Gresham (12), Lewis (14)

DST: Pats (16)

K: Zuerlein and Hartley

A little bit of roster diversity for me, although I have Gresham and Ivory all over the place. I don't trust Kaepernick but feel like Smith has talent as a backup (if you believe Dodds).

2-hole, 10pm tonight:

QB: Ryan (7), Bradford

RB: Charles (1), C Johnson (2), Jones-Drew (3), McFadden (4), P Thomas, M Reece, D Thomas

WR: A Brown (5), T Austin (6), M Austin (9), D Moore (10), Heyward-Bey, Streater

TE: Pettigrew (8), Keller

K: Bullock, Hauschka

D: BAL

Didn't plan on RB-RB-RB-RB but when McFadden was there end-4th I had to take him. WRs are thin, going to have to work the wire.

Pick #2

QB : Kaepernick / Locker

RB: D.Martin / Sproles / Daryl Richardson / FJax / P.Thomas / P.Hillis / Knowshow Moreno

WR : Larry Fitz / D.Bowe / R.Wayne / K.Wright / Streater / Q.Patton

TE: Rudolph / Celek

D: SEA

Good luck...

1st time drafter. Pretty disappointed. Loved my team during the draft, then after some analysis I'm in bad shape I think...

From the 2 hole:

QB: RG3 (7)

RB: Charles (1)

RB: Chris J (2)

WR: Wallace (6)

WR: J Gordon (9)

TE: Gronk (3)

Flex: Gio Bernard (4)

Flex: Gates (8)

D: Pitt (15)

K: Brown (20)

Reserves:

QB: Dalton (12)

RB: Matthews (5)

RB: Stacy Zak (14)

RB: Gerhart (17)

RB: Knile Davis (19)

WR: Deandre Hopkins (10)

WR: Reuben Randle (11)

WR: Harvin (13)

WR: Avery (16)

WR: Keenen Allen (18)

The obvious weakness is at WR. I'm hoping 1 of Gordon/Hopkins/Randle become at least serviceable. And the big X factor is Gronk. IF he's ready to go and healthy I think that nullifies my WR weakness somewhat. The killer pick was Matthews. time got the best of me. Had Amendola staring right at me. Ugh. Would have changed the whole appearance of my squad. overall, it's either really good or really terrible. Thoughts? Do I have any hope? Lol

Thx

Just finished a draft out of 1 spot:

QB: Kaep, Bradford

RB: AP, Vereen, Ivory, Helu, Hunter, Dunbar, Joique Bell

WR: Julio Jones, Britt, Antonio Brown, Broyles, Wheaton, Thompkins

TE: Gronk, Fred Davis, Ausberry

K: Bailey

D: NYG

Just finished a draft out of 1 spot:

QB: Kaep, Bradford

RB: AP, Vereen, Ivory, Helu, Hunter, Dunbar, Joique Bell

WR: Julio Jones, Britt, Antonio Brown, Broyles, Wheaton, Thompkins

TE: Gronk, Fred Davis, Ausberry

K: Bailey

D: NYG
I would kill to have Julio fall to me at 2.12

1st time drafter. Pretty disappointed. Loved my team during the draft, then after some analysis I'm in bad shape I think...

From the 2 hole:

Reserves:

The obvious weakness is at WR. I'm hoping 1 of Gordon/Hopkins/Randle become at least serviceable. And the big X factor is Gronk. IF he's ready to go and healthy I think that nullifies my WR weakness somewhat. The killer pick was Matthews. time got the best of me. Had Amendola staring right at me. Ugh. Would have changed the whole appearance of my squad. overall, it's either really good or really terrible. Thoughts? Do I have any hope? Lol

Thx
Anyone??

Gildz- youll need for Hopkins to shine out of the gates but the good thing is that WR is one of the easier positions to replace as some strong WRs will come out of the waiver wire early in the season. You have a few question marks with strong upside so if those workout you could still be in good shape. Im higher on Wallace then most so Ill think youll be fine with him and Gordon should be a decent WR2 after his suspension is complete.

From the 2 spot:

Ryan, Eli

Charles, Sproles, ABrown, Woodhead, Leshoure, Turbin, Bolden

Cobb, Welker, Britt, Tate, ARoberts, Kerley

Tony G, Dickson, Ballard

Bryant

Bucs

Im pretty happy. Need Britt and Tate to produce and then I'll be really happy.

From the 2 spot:

Ryan, Eli

Charles, Sproles, ABrown, Woodhead, Leshoure, Turbin, Bolden

Cobb, Welker, Britt, Tate, ARoberts, Kerley

Tony G, Dickson, Ballard

Bryant

Bucs

Im pretty happy. Need Britt and Tate to produce and then I'll be really happy.
Gotta be honest , not sure I like this at all. You're real top heavy at RB/WR. Who would your flexes even be? Andre brown and Britt? I would have tried to nab a better TE2 as a flex over both those guys. Andre Brown in PPR is a pretty weak option. I think after your first 5 picks, assuming JC, Sproles, Cobb, Welker, Tgonz...u had some misses...

I respect your opinion but I think you're way off. I'm take Britt or Tate as a flex anyday and will play the match ups with Brown, woody, and Leshoure. Plus Bush isn't the most durable player out there do if he gets hurt Leshoure becomes that much more valuable.

I respect your opinion but I think you're way off. I'm take Britt or Tate as a flex anyday and will play the match ups with Brown, woody, and Leshoure. Plus Bush isn't the most durable player out there do if he gets hurt Leshoure becomes that much more valuable.
Right but none of those guys are really good flex options. I suppose Britt could be decent but he's never been a high volume catch guy. Tate could be ok i suppose, still a run heavy team in Seattle. But to me, i wouldnt be that happy starting any of those guys in a PPR (TE 1.5) league. I think any top 12 TE as a flex is a better option in this kind of format.

Would u mind telling me your picks 6-10? Just curious

Britt, Brown Tate Ryan Woodhead Dickson
Yea the Britt and Tate picks stand out there. 6th and 8th , I think thats 2 rds to high on both. If u went for a 2nd TE there at pick 8 or even 6th rd if a guy like Cook was sitting there, i think it would have helped out. This format really caters towards the TE spot if u can get 2 good ones. But u got great value from Ryan in rd 9.

Dude I got Dickson in the 11th! Olsen and Cook were gone in the 6th. The rest of TEs are pretty much a toss up. I was debating taking Ivory instead of Brown but the Jets are awful and I don't trust he'll stay healthy

Luck

Dalton

D. Martin

A. Morris

G. Bernard

M. Ingram

B. Pierce

R. Williams

Fitz

J. Nelson

A. Brown

T. Austin

V. Brown

J. Kerley

M. bennett

R. Housler

D. Allen

Rams

Bailey
I like the RBs, you will probably play Mark Ingram more than Gio Bernard

your team has a pretty solid core, and if Luck plays in the QB5-10 range like many peg him, you should have enough winnable games in your 11 week regular season to make the 4 team playoff.

From the 2 hole:

Reserves:

Thx
Anyone??
Bernard in rd4 is way too early and a big risk when you already had Gronk in rd3 - could be some rough games for you early

12-hole tonight:

QB: Newton (5), Dalton

RB: Lynch (1), Forte (2), Wilson (3), J Rodgers, M Bush, B Powell, J Randle

WR: Amendola (4), S Johnson (8), E Sanders (9), D Hopkins (10), M Floyd, A Roberts

TE: Olsen (6), Daniels (7)

K: Brown, Forbath

D: CHI

Bernard in rd4 is way too early and a big risk when you already had Gronk in rd3 - could be some rough games for you early
May be the Hard Knocks effect, but he seems to be going earlier of late - went 4.11 in my draft earlier today (as the guy's RB4).

12-hole tonight:

QB: Newton (5), Dalton

RB: Lynch (1), Forte (2), Wilson (3), J Rodgers, M Bush, B Powell, J Randle

WR: Amendola (4), S Johnson (8), E Sanders (9), D Hopkins (10), M Floyd, A Roberts

TE: Olsen (6), Daniels (7)

K: Brown, Forbath

D: CHI

--------------------

Like the start of your draft as Lynch-Forte can do a lot of damage. I'm of the philosophy of waiting on QB but at 5.12 Cam is a good value and gives you a nice edge. If Amendola can stay healthy you have a good shot -- probably need to pay close attention to who may be getting hot at WR early in the season on the wire to add another option.

Drafted tonight out of the 2 hole.

QB: Stafford (9), Schaub (17)

RB: Doug Martin (1), SJax (2), Ivory (6), Helu (12), Michael (13), Bilal Powell (15)

WR: Antonio Brown (4), Colston (5), Shorts (7), Vincent Brown (8), Wheaton (14), Collie (16), Boyce (20)

TE: Gronk (3), Housler (11), Fleener (10) (see if rumors are true on Allen)

K: Walsh (18)

D: Rams (19)

latest draft

Stafford 7

Bradford 15

AP 1

Sproles2

Ivory 6

B Pierce 11

B Powell 16

T Gerhart 19

Fitz 3

Colston 4

Wayne 5

J Gordon 9

R. Streeter 13

J. Kerley

A. Gates

M. Lewis

Bailey

Cinc

Team a little old for my liking, and don't like my TE's, solid core

Drafted tonight out of the 2 hole.

QB: Stafford (9), Schaub (17)

RB: Doug Martin (1), SJax (2), Ivory (6), Helu (12), Michael (13), Bilal Powell (15)

WR: Antonio Brown (4), Colston (5), Shorts (7), Vincent Brown (8), Wheaton (14), Collie (16), Boyce (20)

TE: Gronk (3), Housler (11), Fleener (10) (see if rumors are true on Allen)

K: Walsh (18)

D: Rams (19)
Like this team, I see Gronk still going in rd 3, aren't you worried he might miss 1st 6 weeks on PUP?

Users who are viewing this thread