What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2013 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

From the 2 spot:

QB: Romo (9), A. Smith

RBs: ADP (1), CJ2 (2), MJD (3), Pierce, Bryce Brown

WRs: Bowe (4), Nicks (5), Boldin (6), Britt (7), Senu, Baldwin, Quick, Washington

TEs: Pettegrew (8), Gresham

K: Matt Bryant

D: Texans

Drafted about 1 month ago; lucky that no injuries so far. It's been killing me seeing all the injuries during preseason, making me never want to draft early again.

1-hole 7pm tonight:

QB: Brees (4), Bradford

RB: AP (1), Murray (2), L Miller (3), Pead, D Thomas, Gerhart

WR: A Brown (5), TY Hilton (6), James Jones (7), Jennings (9), Jeffery (10), Woods

TE: Davis (8), Gresham, J Thomas

K: Nugent

D: SEA

From the 2 spot:

QB: Romo (9), A. Smith

RBs: ADP (1), CJ2 (2), MJD (3), Pierce, Bryce Brown

WRs: Bowe (4), Nicks (5), Boldin (6), Britt (7), Senu, Baldwin, Quick, Washington

TEs: Pettegrew (8), Gresham

K: Matt Bryant

D: Texans

Drafted about 1 month ago; lucky that no injuries so far. It's been killing me seeing all the injuries during preseason, making me never want to draft early again.
Very good looking club - you managed to create a solid WR core with a lot of depth despite going RB-RB-RB to start. This club will compete, nice job.One question: who went 1.01?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what I think about this team, but I am happy with the balance. Drafted 7 spot

RG III, Dalton

Rice, CJ2K, Murray, Hillman, Du. Harris

Colston, Nicks, T Austin, Streater, C. Patterson, Avery

Finley, Cameron, Dickson

Houston, Greenbay

Tucker

hey champ just curious, who was there for your 2nd pick? i am in the 8th spot in an upcoming draft and trying to get a feel for who will be there.

From the 7 spot, about a week ago. First draft, pretty much winged it, not really sure how I feel about it.

QB: Brees, Schaub

RB: Rice, Morris, Bradshaw & Ballard, Mendenhall & R. Williams

WR: A.Johnson, D.Jackson, L.Moore, A.Jeffery, S.Rice, Malcom Floyd, Jacoby Jones

TE: Pettigrew, Ausberry, D.Allen

K: Hartley

D: Houston

hey champ just curious, who was there for your 2nd pick? i am in the 8th spot in an upcoming draft and trying to get a feel for who will be there.
Chris johnson...... I really like the draft spot. You can sneak in a decent receiver and get 3 solid RB's

From the 3 spot.

QB: Luck, Alex Smith

RB: Sproles, Murray, Leveon Bell, Woodhead, Helu, Hunter

WR: Megatron, Colston, Shorts, Britt, Hartline, Streater, Collie

TE: Rudolph, Housler, Miller

K; Zuerlein

D: Rams

From the 12 spot in a tough draft with Brady and Ryan gone as backup qbs by early 7th rd:

QB: RGIII (7), Alex Smith (16)

RB: Forte (1), Bell (4), Hillman (8), Woodhead (10), FJax (12), M Bush (14), Moreno (15), Stacy (20)

WR: Dez Bryant (2), A Johnson (3), Jeffery (11), D Moore (13), Edelman (17)

TE: Olsen (5), Cook (6), Pettigrew (9)

DST: Tampa

K: Tucker

Love my TEs. Need my RB2 to work out

QB: Tom Brady, Matt Schaub

RB: Doug Martin, Reggie Bush, LeVeon Bell, Shane Vereen, Robert Turbin

WR: Roddy White, DeSean Jackson, Vincent Brown, Kendall Wright, Rod Streater, Kenny Stills, Justin Hunter, Brice Butler

TE: Owen Daniels, Fred Davis, Zach Sudfeld

PK: Matt Bryant

TD: San Francisco 49ers

Any thoughts on this team? My WR's are garbarge, just hope one of the young guys actually does something.. TE's aren't much to look at but I do like Fred Davis this year if he can stay healthy
I think it is a very strong team. WR2 can get figured out. Very strong in my opinion

champ23 said:
Pumpnick said:
Chris johnson...... I really like the draft spot. You can sneak in a decent receiver and get 3 solid RB's
i meant , who else was there at the pick?

champ23 said:
Pumpnick said:
i meant , who else was there at the pick?
sorry man...i read fast sometimes. As for RB's that usually go in the 2nd: sproles, bush & MJD. All QB's were available, all TE's except graham. The only Wr's that were gone up to this point were CJ, Dez, and Marshall. I was tempted to take D Thomas in the second, but I really feel that CJ2K will live to his RB1 potential with the revamped line.

I actually drafted spot 8 a couple weeks ago and 5 WR's were off the board by my pick in round 2.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Drafted two teams so far: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1.1 spot[/SIZE] (early draft)

[SIZE=10.5pt]QB: Brees, Dalton[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]RB: AD, Wilson, Tate, Brown, Rodgers, Gerhart[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]WR: White, Colston, Shorts, J.Jones, Givens, A.Roberts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]TE: Pettigrew, Miller, Kelce, Moeaki[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]K: Walsh[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]D: Bears[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1.11 spot[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] (yesterday)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]QB: Rodgers, Rivers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]RB: Forte, CJ2K, McFadden, F.Jackson, J.Stewart, Leshoure[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]WR: J.Nelson, A.Brown, S.Johnson, Moore, Rice, DHB, A. Roberts, S.Hill[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]TE: Gates, Pettigrew[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]K: Hartley[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]D: Texans[/SIZE]

From the 12 spot yesterday:

QB: Wilson (9), Big Ben (13), Schaub (16)

RB: Forte (1), CJ2K (2), Ridley (4), J.Bell (12), C.Michael (14), B.Powell (17)

WR: V.Jackson (3), T.Smith (5), C.Shorts (6), T.Austin (8), Hartline (11), LaFell (15)

TE: Rudolph (7), Bennett (10), Ausberry (18)

DST: Giants

K: Akers

I probably shouldn't have taken 3 QBs, but Wilson has a week 12 bye which I didn't notice until too late. I wanted to protect against something happening to my backup and being stuck with someone like Flynn if I happen to make it to the playoffs.

RB value seemed to slide in this draft more than I expected. I have been second guessing my Chris Johnson pick at 2. Could have had Lynch or Bush there. CJ probably has the higher ceiling though. At least thats what I told myself as I clicked the "draft" button, lol.

Not too excited about my TE group.

QB - Vick, Freeman

RB - McCoy, C Johnson, Bernard, Bradshaw, Franklin, Polk, D Harris

WR - Fitzgerald, T Austin, L Moore, Boldin, Avant

TE - Cook, Fleener, Ertz

From the 12 spot in a tough draft with Brady and Ryan gone as backup qbs by early 7th rd:

RB: Forte (1), Bell (4), Hillman (8), Woodhead (10), FJax (12), M Bush (14), Moreno (15), Stacy (20)

team looks solid overall.. good back up at qb, nice running backs, woodhead and f jacks could be real big same, with bush,

nice wideouts but not much in the way of depth, jeffery could have a big year, but a big year for him might take away tds from forte or bush

TE lot of quality te depth... if 3 of em start off hot, got some trade bait for a wr 3 if that area is lacking.

are you concerned about olsen to draft 3 tes? maybe would of taken another wide out instead of a 3rd te, but thats just me.

good luck

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=686386

team looks solid overall.. good back up at qb, nice running backs, woodhead and f jacks could be real big same, with bush,nice wideouts but not much in the way of depth, jeffery could have a big year, but a big year for him might take away tds from forte or bush

TE lot of quality te depth... if 3 of em start off hot, got some trade bait for a wr 3 if that area is lacking.

are you concerned about olsen to draft 3 tes? maybe would of taken another wide out instead of a 3rd te, but thats just me.

good luck

TEs about the only thing looking good in my opinion. Was the FPC draft??last comment mentioned trade bait?? Good#1 rb & wr but shaky everything else IMO.

team looks solid overall.. good back up at qb, nice running backs, woodhead and f jacks could be real big same, with bush,nice wideouts but not much in the way of depth, jeffery could have a big year, but a big year for him might take away tds from forte or bush

good luck

TEs about the only thing looking good in my opinion. Was the FPC draft??last comment mentioned trade bait?? Good#1 rb & wr but shaky everything else IMO.
I thought you couldnt trade in FPC?

I think te is the only spot he has good depth, but he should have an advantage a lot of weeks at wide outs

From the 12 hole, with 10 of the first 11 picks going RB.

QB: Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman
RB: DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas, B. Green-Ellis, Ben Tate, Joique Bell, Marcel Reece, Christine Michael
WR: Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Torrey Smith, Greg Little, Jeremy Kerley
TE: Jimmy Graham, Fred Davis, Scott Chandler
K: Justin Tucker
D: TB

I think I'd be in good shape if Run 'n Shoot was legal.

good luck

I respect the feedback, but Dez and Andre Johnson are shaky? Andre Johnson as WR2 shaky? Where do you have him ranked? Fantasypros consensus ppr rankings have Dez WR4 and Andre Johnson 7. That makes them both WR1. Yes, will definitely lean on the TE's and hope I can find a flyer to support a flex. In FFPC format, I always seek TE depth.

Drafted from the 8 spot tonight.

QB: Cam (5), Roethlisberger (15)

RB: Richardson (1), Chris Johnson (2), Vereen (4), Hillman (8), Dwyer (17)

WR: Cruz (3), Gordon (7), Golden Tate (9), Emmanuel Sanders (10), DHB (13), Dobson (14), Holmes (20)

TE: Olsen (6), Eiffert (11), Dickson (12)

Def: Patriots (16), Bengals (18)

K: Josh Brown (19)

RB should be a strength, if not I'm in trouble. Maybe reached a bit for Vereen, but I think he'll be solid.

QB may be a strength, but we'll see which Cam shows up this season.

WR is obviously a weakness, but I think I've got enough depth here to find 2-3 guys each week. May not cut it in PPR though.

TE should be ok between Olsen and Dickson.

Didn't plan on drafting 2 defenses, but the time was getting low and nobody was really jumping out to me

Feedback appreciated.

Drafted last night...I usually go RB heavy early, switched it up a bit in this draft. I think it is balanced, with weakness at QB.

QB Dalton, Schaub, Bradford

RB McCoy, Bernard, Mathews, Rodgers, K.Davis

WR Thomas, White, TY Hilton, Hartline, T.Williams, Avery

TE Cameron, Sudfield, Celek

K Gostkowski

DEF NE, NYG

Mathews had looked good this preseason, and he seems to tease fantasy owners each offseason. Didn't really want to have him but I liked his value over other RBs when I got him.

Hilton is locked as one of my flex starters, other flex slot will be between Mathews, Sudfield and Hartline.

Brees
Bradford

Charles
D Richardson
G. Bernard
M. Ingram
B. Brown
K. Hunter
I Redman

B Marshall
R. Cobb
J. Gordon
J. Blackmon
Broyles
K. Wright
McMcluster

Cook
H miller

Zerlein

Cincy

Drafted from the 8 spot tonight.

QB: Cam (5), Roethlisberger (15)

RB: Richardson (1), Chris Johnson (2), Vereen (4), Hillman (8), Dwyer (17)

WR: Cruz (3), Gordon (7), Golden Tate (9), Emmanuel Sanders (10), DHB (13), Dobson (14), Holmes (20)

TE: Olsen (6), Eiffert (11), Dickson (12)

Def: Patriots (16), Bengals (18)

K: Josh Brown (19)

RB should be a strength, if not I'm in trouble. Maybe reached a bit for Vereen, but I think he'll be solid.

QB may be a strength, but we'll see which Cam shows up this season.

WR is obviously a weakness, but I think I've got enough depth here to find 2-3 guys each week. May not cut it in PPR though.

TE should be ok between Olsen and Dickson.

Didn't plan on drafting 2 defenses, but the time was getting low and nobody was really jumping out to me

Feedback appreciated.
Very similar to my squad in that my WR core is shakkkky. However i took Gronk (3) which looks to be awesome now if he misses 1 week only.

As u said, u need your rb's to be your strength.

If 1 of those WR's other then Cruz step up, then this squad is very formidable. Like your TE combo of Olsen/Eiffert

I like Cam alot especially in this format where running QB's have an advantage with 4 pt td's only.

Overall, pretty solid if u ask me. Definitely playoff worthy

Drafted last night...I usually go RB heavy early, switched it up a bit in this draft. I think it is balanced, with weakness at QB.

K Gostkowski

DEF NE, NYG

Mathews had looked good this preseason, and he seems to tease fantasy owners each offseason. Didn't really want to have him but I liked his value over other RBs when I got him.

Hilton is locked as one of my flex starters, other flex slot will be between Mathews, Sudfield and Hartline.
Ouch, not a fan of this. You're putting a TON of faith in Bernard/Matthews. I like Bernard alot but asking him to be your RB2 off the bat seems risky. Its funny i have him and Matthews also and both are probably my flexes. I like your WR's alot but i dont see much else. And how did u pass on so many QB's to have Dalton as your #1 ??

Brees

Bradford

Charles

D Richardson

G. Bernard

M. Ingram

B. Brown

K. Hunter

I Redman

B Marshall

R. Cobb

J. Gordon

J. Blackmon

Broyles

K. Wright

McMcluster

Cook

H miller

Zerlein

Cincy
Very nice job here. Looks like 2 of Richardson/Bernard/Gordon will be your flexes every week. Pretty dam solid. Marshall/Cobb will be monsters in this format. Only issue i have is not much behind Cook. I would have went for a better 2nd TE probably where u took Blackmon/Broyles...

Bill Dauterive said:

RB: DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas, B. Green-Ellis, Ben Tate, Joique Bell, Marcel Reece, Christine Michael
WR: Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Torrey Smith, Greg Little, Jeremy Kerley

Wow how do u not take a RB in that spot. Love Graham there but i think u have to take a RB at 13 every time. And who the heck did u take at the 3/4 elbow?? VJax and Bowe???? :o

Oh boy.

K Gostkowski

DEF NE, NYG

Ouch, not a fan of this. You're putting a TON of faith in Bernard/Matthews. I like Bernard alot but asking him to be your RB2 off the bat seems risky. Its funny i have him and Matthews also and both are probably my flexes. I like your WR's alot but i dont see much else. And how did u pass on so many QB's to have Dalton as your #1 ??
Waited a round too late to start grabbing QBs..there were 6 top QBs left in the near the end of the 8th and start of the 9th and they all went before I picked..A team that picked A.Rodgers early picked up Matt Ryan and a team picked Griffin and Wilson on the turn...

No biggies, I like the matchup schedule between Schaub and Dalton.

Brees

Bradford

Charles

D Richardson

G. Bernard

M. Ingram

B. Brown

K. Hunter

I Redman

B Marshall

R. Cobb

J. Gordon

J. Blackmon

Broyles

K. Wright

McMcluster

Cook

H miller

Zerlein

Cincy
Very nice job here. Looks like 2 of Richardson/Bernard/Gordon will be your flexes every week. Pretty dam solid. Marshall/Cobb will be monsters in this format. Only issue i have is not much behind Cook. I would have went for a better 2nd TE probably where u took Blackmon/Broyles...

Thanks, big Te run in 9th and got to me there was nothing left. I'm fine with Miller, Cook bye not till later in season and source told me expect Miller back week 4/5. We shall see.

Bill Dauterive said:

Wow how do u not take a RB in that spot. Love Graham there but i think u have to take a RB at 13 every time. And who the heck did u take at the 3/4 elbow?? VJax and Bowe???? :o

Oh boy.
Yeah, I completely understand that thinking, and you're probably right. My first time in the 12 spot, and with the top 10 gone I thought I was better with Graham and Marshall at 12/13. What I wasn't expecting was the majority of teams to take at least one more RB and many 2 RB before it got back to me at the 3/4 turn. At that point, all the remaining RBs looked like gambles to me, and you're right, I went VJax and Bowe. I actually didn't end up taking a back until the 7/8 turn. Back to the drawing board :lol:

in

QB: Stafford, Datlon

RB: AP, R Bush, D Wilson, Woodhead, P Thomas

WR: Dez, Bowe, Decker, V Brown, Hartline

TE: Finley, Cameron

K: Prater, SEA Kicker

D: BAL, IND

give it to me

in

give it to me
Wow this is pretty sick. Bush/Dez lasting till 2.12/3.1 ? Wow. You got a bargain there. This might be the best team ive seen posted so far to be honest. Is this for real? Decker or Wilson lasted till 6.12? WTF. I wish i was in this draft.

Awesome team.

in

give it to me
Wow this is pretty sick. Bush/Dez lasting till 2.12/3.1 ? Wow. You got a bargain there. This might be the best team ive seen posted so far to be honest. Is this for real? Decker or Wilson lasted till 6.12? WTF. I wish i was in this draft.

Awesome team.
Agreed, easily the best team i have seen. Who in the world were these other people drafting?!? Was everyone else sleeping.

in

give it to me

Awesome team.
Yeah it looks like Dez dropped to 2.12, Wilson to 4.12, and Decker to 6.12. Not sure if this is real but nice team.

for people that have just drafted , where are miller and wilson going now? I did a few early drafts where they were both always gone by the mid 3rd. Is this no longer accurate?

Well, just drafted this team and had it canceled in the 13th round due to one guy leaving and two others refusing to draft. This fiasco started two hours in.

Stafford

A.Morris, MJD, Gore, Vereen, Hillman, Dwyer

Calvin Johnson, A.Miles, Hartline

Olsen, Sudfeld

Ugh, so sick...

Well, just drafted this team and had it canceled in the 13th round due to one guy leaving and two others refusing to draft. This fiasco started two hours in.

Stafford

A.Morris, MJD, Gore, Vereen, Hillman, Dwyer

Calvin Johnson, A.Miles, Hartline

Olsen, Sudfeld

Ugh, so sick...
Wait What? Please tell more, why were people refusing to draft?

My FFPC draft was just canceled tonight about 5 minutes into it due to software problems. But I'm also interested in hearing why 2 guys refused to draft. The auto draft should just take over and give those teams who is up next.

My FFPC draft was just canceled tonight about 5 minutes into it due to software problems. But I'm also interested in hearing why 2 guys refused to draft. The auto draft should just take over and give those teams who is up next.
One guy said the issues were a joke and he 'had to leave' - two hours in. Dave said that was fine and for him to email him. Then I guess another guy said he was going to leave and eventually did. The commish then said two others refused to draft, although I'm not sure if he wasn't referring to the two that left. The commish did step in and let one auto draft start, but then used judgement and selected the best available non QB player (guy in 1 seat is who left). At some point, after bickering from players, commish said the league is canceled.

My FFPC draft was just canceled tonight due to software problems. Only got through the first pick. But am also interested in hearing why 2 guys refused to draft. If the system is working they should have just received the auto picks. That would get their attention.

Users who are viewing this thread