What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (7 Viewers)

I am also of the belief that if Denver wins the Super Bowl that Manning retires. Not really worth discussing that, just my opinion. Plus I dont think they win it anyway.
Agree with everything else you said there, but Manning and Brady were both on the record this year as saying/agreeing with "play until you suck."

They are both competitors and I don't see them hanging it up unless they get significantly injured or get to the point where they can't compete - even Farve only hung it up because he was getting injured.
Manning should start considering it then.
Remember when people said this about Brady 3 months ago?

jtd13 said:
Dr. Octopus said:
-CE- said:
ghostguy123 said:
I am also of the belief that if Denver wins the Super Bowl that Manning retires. Not really worth discussing that, just my opinion. Plus I dont think they win it anyway.
Agree with everything else you said there, but Manning and Brady were both on the record this year as saying/agreeing with "play until you suck."

They are both competitors and I don't see them hanging it up unless they get significantly injured or get to the point where they can't compete - even Farve only hung it up because he was getting injured.
My statement was made partially tongue in cheek, but anyone that has been watching Manning and not seeing a physical decline is fooling themselves.

He is still the smartest quarterback in the league, so he can survive by knowing the system and finding the open man and letting the talents surrounding him do their thing.

However, he's clearly lost his arm strength and has limitations in getting the ball downfield and he's getting jumped on out patterns more than he ever did.

The guy is almost 40 and had four neck surgeries, he's close to the end. I'd like to see the Broncos win the SuperBowl and him retire on a high note, but either way the end is near for him. Just the way it is. Even the best get old.

Last edited by a moderator:
jtd13 said:
Dr. Octopus said:
-CE- said:
ghostguy123 said:

My statement was made partially tongue in cheek, but anyone that has been watching Manning and not seeing a physical decline is fooling themselves.

He is still the smartest quarterback in the league, so he can survive by knowing the system and finding the open man and letting the talents surrounding him do their thing.

However, he's clearly lost his arm strength and has limitations in getting the ball downfield and he's getting jumped on out patterns more than he ever did.

The guy is almost 40 and had four neck surgeries, he's close to the end. I'd like to see the Broncos win the SuperBowl and him retire on a high note, but either way the end is near for him. Just the way it is. Even the best get old.
Unfortunately I think there is a lot of truth to this. Sucks to admit but I can't deny what I've seen. He's absolutely right about Manning's recent struggles.

For some info as to what exactly might be causing Peyton's rapid decline, moleculo posted a great link in the Denver/Indy game thread. It's worth reading. Depressing as hell, but enlightening.

jtd13 said:
Dr. Octopus said:
-CE- said:
ghostguy123 said:

Yeah I'm not really disagreeing, my response was also tongue in cheek since it was both Brady and Manning who said it, and both have had stretches of "suck" since.

Anyone else get the feeling Anderson is a great sell high?

His stats will last as long as Manning, so maybe what, one more year?

I own him in one league where I just sucked it up and did an enormous rebuild. I can definitely compete this year, but pretty sure I am going to trade him anyway.

I just need to pray nothing crazy happens in the playoffs, like a tweeked ankle and then Hillman or whoever lights it up
Yes - I sold him last week

Gandalf said:

I own him in one league where I just sucked it up and did an enormous rebuild. I can definitely compete this year, but pretty sure I am going to trade him anyway.

I just need to pray nothing crazy happens in the playoffs, like a tweeked ankle and then Hillman or whoever lights it up
What did you get?

Gandalf said:

What did you get?
I moved CJ and Sankey for the 1.01 (Gordon or Gurley, not sure yet)

Oh yeah thats right. Super easy decision to take #1 there.

I might make that move for pick 4. Maybe. Top 3 definitely.

From Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8694/cj-anderson

C.J. Anderson rushed 19 times for 91 yards and caught six balls for 29 yards in the Broncos' Divisional Round playoff loss to the Colts.

Anderson was so good during Denver's stretch run that we have to question the coaching staff for not getting him more involved earlier in the year. Putting Denver's offense on his back while Peyton Manning declined, Anderson rushed for 876 yards on 184 carries (4.76 YPC) and scored ten all-purpose touchdowns over the Broncos' final ten games.

Turning 24 in February, Anderson isn't just a "product of Peyton Manning." He's a true foundation runner and every-down back. Anderson will be squarely in the first-round discussion in 2015 fantasy drafts. Jan 11 - 8:07 PM

From Rotoworld:

C.J. Anderson rushed 19 times for 91 yards and caught six balls for 29 yards in the Broncos' Divisional Round playoff loss to the Colts.

Anderson was so good during Denver's stretch run that we have to question the coaching staff for not getting him more involved earlier in the year. Putting Denver's offense on his back while Peyton Manning declined, Anderson rushed for 876 yards on 184 carries (4.76 YPC) and scored ten all-purpose touchdowns over the Broncos' final ten games.

Turning 24 in February, Anderson isn't just a "product of Peyton Manning." He's a true foundation runner and every-down back. Anderson will be squarely in the first-round discussion in 2015 fantasy drafts. Jan 11 - 8:07 PM
He is good, but produced those numbers because of the situation.

Just a matter of how long the situation continues.

I will be looking to sell high, easily.

He's been a very nice surprise this year. Wonder how he'll do once Peyton retires. Heck, I'll say the same about all their weapons (Thomas, Thomas, Sanders, etc.)

From Rotoworld:

He is good, but produced those numbers because of the situation.

Just a matter of how long the situation continues.

I will be looking to sell high, easily.
I disagree. He looks like a legitimate every down back to me. I think he will do well with or without Peyton. And after the loss today with speculation about Peyton's future, I don' think you will get the sell high price you are expecting as the future "situation" now figures into the equation.

He's been a very nice surprise this year. Wonder how he'll do once Peyton retires. Heck, I'll say the same about all their weapons (Thomas, Thomas, Sanders, etc.)
I think Sanders takes the biggest hit, then Julius.

Demaryius also takes a hit but he will still do reallly well IMO

I disagree. He looks like a legitimate every down back to me. I think he will do well with or without Peyton. And after the loss today with speculation about Peyton's future, I don' think you will get the sell high price you are expecting as the future "situation" now figures into the equation.
The other guy just got pick #1 for Anderson and Sankey like a couple days ago. But, if I cant get a decent return, I will just hold.

Like I said, he is good, but his numbers are inflated due to the situation. Unless you really do think he is one of the top few RBs in the NFL right now.....

I'd sell high. most likely a new staff, new QB, and it's not a very good OL. I'd at least test the waters to see what others would offer.

He's not fetching more than a late 1st/early 2nd in any of my leagues. I can see selling for a top 6 pick, but I'd rather have him than 1.12 even without peyton.
I am thinking his best value might be as a piece in a 2 for 1 kind of deal where you upgrade.

But yeah I would agree, even if I knew Peyton was leaving I would just take a shot on Anderson rather than pick 12.

I sold him for a 2nd (in 5 keeper league) but can't say I'm very happy about it. I think he's a good player but will take a bit hit if Manning leaves.

I've changed my mind on selling C.J. that I had a month or so ago.

I think Peyton will come back next year and the Broncos will devise an offense to protect and prolong Peyton's season so I think they will go very run-heavy and from everything I've seen their #1 RB will be C.J. Anderson in 2015.

I think he has potential to have a huge year.

I wouldn't sell now, especially on the cheap.

I've changed my mind on selling C.J. that I had a month or so ago.

I think Peyton will come back next year and the Broncos will devise an offense to protect and prolong Peyton's season so I think they will go very run-heavy and from everything I've seen their #1 RB will be C.J. Anderson in 2015.

I think he has potential to have a huge year.

I wouldn't sell now, especially on the cheap.
My thoughts too. Even if Manning does not come back, the Oline has proven to be adequate. There are solid weapons on O. Anderson was the product of the Peyton to an extent but he has also proven to be a good RB. Anderson is a solid RB1 next season.

The 'situation' with Peyton the last half of the year was that it was a run heavy team. They committed to the run. Peyton was not playing particularily well.

The 'situation' with Brock will likely be exactly the same - committment to the run while a young QB tries to establish himself, lots of opportunity for dump passes etc.

I don't see the offensive attack plan changing dramatically from 2nd half 2014 Manning to 2015 Brock. Maybe teams still respected Peyton for the first few weeks of their run heavy game plan but any team with their eyes open shoulda seen that they needed to focus more on the run game.

The 'situation' with Peyton the last half of the year was that it was a run heavy team. They committed to the run. Peyton was not playing particularily well.

The 'situation' with Brock will likely be exactly the same - committment to the run while a young QB tries to establish himself, lots of opportunity for dump passes etc.

I don't see the offensive attack plan changing dramatically from 2nd half 2014 Manning to 2015 Brock. Maybe teams still respected Peyton for the first few weeks of their run heavy game plan but any team with their eyes open shoulda seen that they needed to focus more on the run game.
I don't see how you can compare them...Peyton's going to recognize defenses and change plays, avoid negative plays and do the things that HOFers do. I just don't think you can assume he's going to step in there and have even close to the same success as Manning (even the worse version of him).

I don't see how you can compare them...Peyton's going to recognize defenses and change plays, avoid negative plays and do the things that HOFers do. I just don't think you can assume he's going to step in there and have even close to the same success as Manning (even the worse version of him).
I will happily assume the entire offense takes a step back without Peyton. I think it's one of the easier assumptions of all time.

I will happily assume the entire offense takes a step back without Peyton. I think it's one of the easier assumptions of all time.
They will but I don't think that will adversely impact C.J. Anderson's production.

Peyton's play was trending downward at the end of the season. He had the same issue to a lessor degree in previous seasons but his legs seemed to give out on him at the end of this past year. Also Demarius was playing through an injury down the stretch and it was painfully obvious he wasn't the same guy he was earlier in the season. I mean just look at those awful drops he had yesterday. If you look at the Broncos offense at the time when Demarius and Peyton began their slides, that is when C.J. emerged.

I don't think that was a coincidence.

The offense doesn't have to be operating at high-octane for C.J. to be effective.

They will but I don't think that will adversely impact C.J. Anderson's production.

Peyton's play was trending downward at the end of the season. He had the same issue to a lessor degree in previous seasons but his legs seemed to give out on him at the end of this past year. Also Demarius was playing through an injury down the stretch and it was painfully obvious he wasn't the same guy he was earlier in the season. I mean just look at those awful drops he had yesterday. If you look at the Broncos offense at the time when Demarius and Peyton began their slides, that is when C.J. emerged.

The offense doesn't have to be operating at high-octane for C.J. to be effective.
Not sure what your definition of effective is. If your definition is a season similar to Tre Mason, I would probably agree but if you're talking about something like he did this year when 8 games as a starter he ran for 8 tds and 767 yards while catching 30 balls for 290 and 2...that's extrapolating out to nearly 400 touches over 2,000 and 20 TDs....that's a good bit more than effective...that's the #1 RB in the game.

Regardless, of Mannings actual play, just having him behind center is a tremendous threat that teams must respect. This has a huge bearing on what defenses a RB sees.

You have to be F'ing kidding me.

You do realize that if Cj's production isn't affected then he is the clear #1 RB with or without Peyton.

You are very clearly downplaying the effect of losing Manning, whether he is playing his A game or not. They will not run the same offense, and the guy running the offense is not going to come close to running it as well as Manning was.

If you truly believe what you are saying (which I cant imagine you actually do) then you better own CJ in every league you are in in 2015, cause his ADP will be far lower than where you are ranking him, and his trade value is no where close to where you are ranking him

He is 24, and if you believe his production is the same with or without Peyton, he would have to be in your top 3-4 overall rated dynasty players.

ghostguy123 said:
Banger said:

:goodposting:

ghostguy123 said:
Bracie Smathers said:

You have to be F'ing kidding me.

You do realize that if Cj's production isn't affected then he is the clear #1 RB with or without Peyton.

You are very clearly downplaying the effect of losing Manning, whether he is playing his A game or not. They will not run the same offense, and the guy running the offense is not going to come close to running it as well as Manning was.

If you truly believe what you are saying (which I cant imagine you actually do) then you better own CJ in every league you are in in 2015, cause his ADP will be far lower than where you are ranking him, and his trade value is no where close to where you are ranking him

He is 24, and if you believe his production is the same with or without Peyton, he would have to be in your top 3-4 overall rated dynasty players.
You always post in hyper style. Take a deep breath, think soothing thoughts, pet a dog or something.

Many have already placed Peyton on a rocking chair and sent him out to pasture. Here is where I'm different from the lemmings. I think Peyton Manning comes back in 2015.

His legs gave out on him at the end of this year from what I saw and he was not nearly as effective. Demarius Thomas was injured and the Broncos were considering placing him on IR but kept him for the playoff run but he was ineffective.

The Broncos went with a rush-heavy attack because they had to and C.J. came in late in the year with fresh legs and he blew up.

The Broncos can't enter the 2015 with the same offensive philosophy that lead to Peyton wearing down. When they went to the rush-heavy attack it was too late, Manning was already spent.

I think they go with a run-heavy and game managing offense. The record shattering pass-happy Broncos of 2013 are long gone. That team was built to set records, they extended the clock just to allow Peyton to set records. The offense heading into 2014 was set up similar to 2013 but by the end of 2014 it was a rush-heavy attack built round C.J. Anderson.

Heading into 2015 I think PEYTON WILL BE BACK and that the offense will be constructed to help keep Manning fresh for the end of the year and a playoff/Super Bowl run so I think they build the team around running the ball and C.J. will be the lead back in a rotation.

I have changed my tune on trading C.J. Anderson that I had a few months ago since that seems to be the hot topic in this with him because most are thinking Peyton will retire and that the Broncos offense will go down the drain along with C.J.'s value.

C.J. won't have the advantage of having fresh legs late in the year that he had this year so he won't blow up down the stretch as he did this year but I think he'll enter the 2015 season as the #1 RB on the Broncos with Peyton behind center and anyone who trades him away cheap will regret it.

I think Peyton will be back in 2015 also, what's your point?

Dynasty leagues last more than one year. PLus you said he wont be effected if Peyton does retire, which is just flat silly.

But again, even if Manning is there next year, if you expect no regression then CJ must be your #1 redraft player??

Correction, I never said he won't be effective if Peyton retired. And check a few posts up as someone said they traded him for a 2nd round pick which is dirt cheap for a RB like C.J. Anderson IMHO.

And yes I think everyone here knows that dynasty leagues last more than one year and they know dynasty RB status changes every year and any dynasty owner is constantly seeking to land a starting RB in his prime especially a guy whose ceiling is as high as C.J. Anderson. I'd happily pay my 2nd round dynasty pick for C.J. Anderson. Heck I'd pay my last pick in the first round for him but the reason I'm picking last in the first round is because the champ in our league picks last and I was fortunate enough to pick him up just as he was blowing up at fantasy playoff time.

Correction, I never said he won't be effective if Peyton retired. And check a few posts up as someone said they traded him for a 2nd round pick which is dirt cheap for a RB like C.J. Anderson IMHO.
Huh to the bolded??? You said if Peyton was gone it wouldnt hurt CJ's production.

And to the next part, the guy traded him for a 2nd rounder in a keep 5 league. Is that really selling cheap??

Once again I never said C.J. Anderson would not be effective if Peyton retired. I'm not responsible for your reading comprehension.

Show where I said that and I'll respond what I actually said but not to what you think I said.

Bracie Smathers said:
ghostguy123 said:
???? Well you asked

You said a lot more to explain why, but did I even need to quote that?

You said he wouldnt be impacted, which was the entire point of this

He said CJ would be productive and effective if Manning left, and he's still saying that. He has not contradicted himself... :shrug:

Nobody ever said that you said he wouldnt effective. You said he wouldnt lose production.
I think Peyton will be back in 2015 also, what's your point?

Dynasty leagues last more than one year. PLus you said he wont be effected if Peyton does retire, which is just flat silly.

But again, even if Manning is there next year, if you expect no regression then CJ must be your #1 redraft player??

Users who are viewing this thread