Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eagle Eye

Jordy Nelson

I acquired Jordy this year in my keeper league to go along with Julio. After this season though, I can only keep one. I am actually considering keeping him over Julio going into next year. Julio has more talent, but Jordy has a better QB and O Line.

This sounds like reverse discrimination.

I acquired Jordy this year in my keeper league to go along with Julio. After this season though, I can only keep one. I am actually considering keeping him over Julio going into next year. Julio has more talent, but Jordy has a better QB and O Line.

This sounds like reverse discrimination.

Why? Are you saying that Jordy has more talent? If I said he has more athleticism, then maybe. but... Don't read more into it than there is.

Yeah, I was muttering under my breath all game "dammit, should've rolled the dice on Davante Adams instead." This game highlights the truism: Rodgers will ALWAYS find a way to get Jordy involved. Can't believe I still have a shot, thanks Jordy. Should be interesting to see if that play sets up something down the sideline later. Not counting on it though, Revis is still a stud.

Dear Fantasy Gods,

I know I've cursed you in the past and you have wrought your vengeance upon my fantasy teams in retribution. But if you can find it in your non-denominational appendages to allow Jordy Nelson to be his super human self for a full 60 minutes tonight, all will be forgiven.

Sincerely,

Desperately hanging on first round owner

I'm in the clubhouse, so the only thing I'm rooting for is for him to come out of this healthy. But for those of you who need a huge game out of him, you couldn't ask for a better matchup. Atlanta's pass defense is a joke. The only issue, as I see it, is whether Ryan and the Falcons can keep pace and force the Pack to keep throwing. GB is only giving up about 17 PPG at home.

• Like 1

Dear Fantasy Gods,

I know I've cursed you in the past and you have wrought your vengeance upon my fantasy teams in retribution. But if you can find it in your non-denominational appendages to allow Jordy Nelson to be his super human self for a full 60 minutes tonight, all will be forgiven.

Sincerely,

Desperately hanging on first round owner

Amen

He just flat dropped what would have been a walk-in 94-yard TD. Good times.

Jesus. That 15-16 point play would have been huge for his owners.

This guy ain't elite. How can he have let that happen? I really debated putting in Douglas over him because of the matchup but stuck with the "stud" and am paying for it.

This guy ain't elite. How can he have let that happen? I really debated putting in Douglas over him because of the matchup but stuck with the "stud" and am paying for it.

:fishing: and :ptts:

Who would drop that? Megatron? Dez? JJ? AJ? I don't see studs drop those types of passes.

Who would drop that? Megatron? Dez? JJ? AJ? I don't see studs drop those types of passes.

Even the best WRs drop balls on occasion. Let's just wipe out everything he's done in his career because of one bad drop?

Even the best WRs drop balls on occasion. Let's just wipe out everything he's done in his career because of one bad drop?

Yup. While someone like Beckham is exploding for his owners this guy lays an egg. He's too up and down to be elite. He's a good low-end WR1 but ain't elite.

Yup. While someone like Beckham is exploding for his owners this guy lays an egg. He's too up and down to be elite. He's a good low-end WR1 but ain't elite.

Look I get that you're upset that he screwed you in an important week. I also started him and will probably lose because of it. However, look at his stats this year coming into this game. He's 9th in receptions, 5th in yards, 5th in yds/game and tied for first in TDs. If that isn't WR1 elite, I'm not sure what is :shrug:

I just want to tweet him something that hurts his feelings, like "Butterfingers!" :doh:

Very mature response to a game based on a game.

I just want to tweet him something that hurts his feelings, like "Butterfingers!" :doh:

It's not like I cussed him out or anything. But he has to be reminded that the best step it up. He dropped the ball. Unacceptable.

It's not like I cussed him out or anything. But he has to be reminded that the best step it up. He dropped the ball. Unacceptable.

I'm sure your tweet will wake him up, after losing to the Bills he needs to be reminded you don't drop TD passes.

Goodness. I'm not sure whether I should tell you to grow up or to put the bottle down. Or both.

Goodness. I'm not sure whether I should tell you to grow up or to put the bottle down. Or both.

Yup can't believe I actually humored him with a serious response.

And so goes my season. Although I would not have been in this position without my elite, # 1 WR

Yes ... because who gives a #### what he's done in the past ... that play cost me the playoffs and lots of money

I had Rogers and Jordy ...would have been a 25 point play for me and I would have easily won this week

Edited by monk

Yes ... because who gives a #### what he's done in the past ... that play cost me the playoffs and lots of money

I had Rogers and Jordy ...would have been a 25 point play for me and I would have easily won this week

Who cares? I was responding to the guy's assertion that Jordy is not an elite WR. To claim that he is not elite because of one bad drop is ludicrous.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/4365987

Rotoworld:

Jordy Nelson caught 5-of-8 targets for 71 yards in the Packers' NFC Championship Game loss.

Nelson spent a decent amount of time on Richard Sherman Island, but still found plenty of space to operate. He did commit a drop, something he did surprisingly often in 2014. Nevertheless, it doesn't dampen what was a career-best campaign for the seventh-year wideout. Both Nelson's catches (98) and yards (1,519) were new personal bests by significant margins. With Randall Cobb's Packers future up in the air, Nelson's standing as a WR1 for 2015 couldn't be stronger. Going on 30, he remains one of the best players in football.

Jan 18 - 7:13 PM

Rotoworld:

Jordy Nelson (hip surgery) participated in the Packers' annual spring softball game and reiterated that his recovery is "on track."

Jordy was admittedly surprised no member of the Packers' coaching staff gave him warnings about the hip before the game. "Not a single person said anything," Nelson told reporters. "I was kind of shocked." Nelson's surgery was described as a "clean-up" procedure that took place soon after the end of last season. Nelson also had knee surgery in 2013. He turned 30 last month.
Jun 14 - 3:08 PM