What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obamacare: Obama just straight up lied to you, in your face (5 Viewers)

So only the wealthy can have kids?
Only people that can afford to raise them should have kids.

I would think that's an axiom.
Only the people that can afford to raise them and WANT them should have kids.

That's where I've never understood the Right's position on contraception. Most of the people who have an "oops" are too stupid, selfish, or poor to use a condom or other forms of birth control. But the Right holds firm to the idea that abstinence is the (only) way to prevent a train-wreck. Only NON-SINFUL way, I suppose. At any rate, how many ~15-25 year-olds do you know who possess even 30% of the willpower to not insert object A into warm, moist hole B when they're feeling all tingly? How many millions of selfish morons do you know who might be rational before they've had their first 5-6 beers...who have the maturity of a six-year old after they're drunk/baked?

Condoms and other forms of birth control aren't the end-all, be all. But if folks want to greatly-reduce the drain of social services on our country/economy, it would be a great place to start. Yet the Party/group(s) that are railing the hardest against social services are the ones railing the hardest against contraception. I understand why. But maybe they could also, then, understand why people think that their answers/solutions are the wrong answers/solutions. Or at least about as likely to happen and work as us seeing flying rainbow-colored unicorns during our daily commutes.
I think you're painting with pretty broad strokes here.

And it's also a little bit of a straw man argument as 89% of all Americans (which includes 82% of Catholics - the category normally associated with contraception opposition) say birth control is morally okay. Link
Probably (painting with very broad strokes). But who basically has the power/control of the Republican/Tea Party? Who speaks on behalf of all those Libertarians and Independents who vote "R" because their candidate wouldn't even get 2-3% of the vote (and they settle for what they think is the lesser of two evils)?

Theocrats control the Republican Party. Their media, where the money goes, et al. Yet from most non-evangelicals, non-Catholics, and "moderate" evangelical/Catholic Christians (from people who don't believe all that the church is teaching, to all those Sunday/Christmas/Easter Christians out there) who don't buy what the Theocrats are selling will STILL vote for them and send them money...because they think it is better than the alternative (Democrats).

Last edited by a moderator:
Only people that can afford to raise them should have kids.I would think that's an axiom.
Only the people that can afford to raise them and WANT them should have kids.That's where I've never understood the Right's position on contraception. Most of the people who have an "oops" are too stupid, selfish, or poor to use a condom or other forms of birth control. But the Right holds firm to the idea that abstinence is the (only) way to prevent a train-wreck. Only NON-SINFUL way, I suppose. At any rate, how many ~15-25 year-olds do you know who possess even 30% of the willpower to not insert object A into warm, moist hole B when they're feeling all tingly? How many millions of selfish morons do you know who might be rational before they've had their first 5-6 beers...who have the maturity of a six-year old after they're drunk/baked?

Condoms and other forms of birth control aren't the end-all, be all. But if folks want to greatly-reduce the drain of social services on our country/economy, it would be a great place to start. Yet the Party/group(s) that are railing the hardest against social services are the ones railing the hardest against contraception. I understand why. But maybe they could also, then, understand why people think that their answers/solutions are the wrong answers/solutions. Or at least about as likely to happen and work as us seeing flying rainbow-colored unicorns during our daily commutes.
I think you're painting with pretty broad strokes here.And it's also a little bit of a straw man argument as 89% of all Americans (which includes 82% of Catholics - the category normally associated with contraception opposition) say birth control is morally okay. Link
Probably (painting with very broad strokes). But who basically has the power/control of the Republican/Tea Party? Who speaks on behalf of all those Libertarians and Independents who vote "R" because their candidate wouldn't even get 2-3% of the vote (and they settle for what they think is the lesser of two evils)?Theocrats control the Republican Party. Their media, where the money goes, et al. Yet most non-evangelicals, non-Catholics, and "moderate" evangelical/Catholic Christians (from people who don't believe all that the church is teaching, to all those Sunday/Christmas/Easter Christians out there) who don't buy what the Theocrats are buying will STILL vote for them and send them money...because they think it is better than the alternative (Democrats).
The problem isn't even the party representatives so much as the single issue voters who get all up in arms over nonsense like birthcontrol and also have the free time to go clucking at townhalls. The politicians are just chasing the votes, which is reprehensible in many cases but another topic, and are willing to cater to the loud as hell minority. The rest of the normal people are too busy living their lives to go on wild crusades at the drop of a hat.Schlzm

matttyl said:
Why are you just accepting that all of "us" pay for it? Why can't the individual pay for their known expense? What's wrong with a $5k or even a $10k maternity deductible? It can be covered just like any other OOP cost so that if your income is low enough you'd still get cost sharing subsidies to assist you with it.

Again, if you can't handle a $5k or a $10k maternity deductible, you can't handle the cost of raising a child.
Again, where are you people getting that from what I'm saying? Go back and read what I underlined, please.

If you understood my proposal, only the wealthy would be the ones paying to have children - those not so wealthy would have it subsidized. Isn't that the plan of the ACA anyway, for the wealthy to pay more?

matttyl said:
Why are you just accepting that all of "us" pay for it? Why can't the individual pay for their known expense? What's wrong with a $5k or even a $10k maternity deductible? It can be covered just like any other OOP cost so that if your income is low enough you'd still get cost sharing subsidies to assist you with it.

Again, if you can't handle a $5k or a $10k maternity deductible, you can't handle the cost of raising a child.
Again, where are you people getting that from what I'm saying? Go back and read what I underlined, please. If you understood my proposal, only the wealthy would be the ones paying to have children - those not so wealthy would have it subsidized. Isn't that the plan of the ACA anyway, for the wealthy to pay more?
"You have a viewpoint that differs from mine! You have typed what appears to be a well thought out and compelling argument but I don't want to read anything that may divert from my exacting and hyper-critical views on the subject! Because of this I will just jump into the best available attack on what I think your position is! /angryDefensivePartisan"Or something along those lines.

Schlzm

the hits keep on coming from this administration

they will write about this for 20 years as an example of how to completely bungle government and how not to cover it up.

White House Official Website Still Features Video "Debunking" the "Disinformation" That People Will Lose Their Coverage;
Features Obama Promising Twice "If You Like Your Insurance, You Can Keep Your Insurance" —AceFrom @benk84.

The video is hosted by a former ABCNews reporter who joined the Obama Administration (big shock!), Linda Douglas.

The post is titled "Facts Are Stubborn Things."

I think Jake Tapper tweeted this out to his followers on Monday. Video below, but here's the White House still making its false promise. It starts with the "UPDATE" part; that isn't a mistake on my part.

UPDATE: As part of our effort to push back on the misinformation about health insurance reform, we've launched WhiteHouse.gov/realitycheck. It's full of videos and tools you can use to share the facts with your friends and family. Check it out.
Opponents of health insurance reform may find the truth a little inconvenient, but as our second president famously said, "facts are stubborn things."
Scary chain emails and videos are starting to percolate on the internet, breathlessly claiming, for example, to "uncover" the truth about the President’s health insurance reform positions.
In this video, Linda Douglass, the communications director for the White House’s Health Reform Office, addresses one example that makes it look like the President intends to "eliminate" private coverage, when the reality couldn’t be further from the truth.
For the record, the President has consistently said that if you like your insurance plan, your doctor, or both, you will be able to keep them. He has even proposed eight consumer protections relating specifically to the health insurance industry.
There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation.
Sometimes these rumors travel via a notification from one's insurance company that one's policy is being canceled due to Obamacare.
link to whitehouse produced video propaganda

http://youtu.be/U0XCl6OHgiM

administration person in charge of security of website resigning now, apparently wouldn't sign off on website so now either 'resigning' or being forced out. Developing story...

Attkisson, doing the heavy lifting?

Tony Trenkle, the Obamacare official in charge of HealthCare.gov security efforts
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162...ficial-behind-obamacare-website-to-step-down/announced his resignation
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162...ficial-behind-obamacare-website-to-step-down/Wednesday, effective next week.
CBS News has learned that Trenkle, the Chief Information Officer for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), was originally supposed to sign off on security for
http://www.cbsnews.com/2718-250_162-2286/obamacare-kicks-off/the glitch-ridden website
http://www.cbsnews.com/2718-250_162-2286/obamacare-kicks-off/before its Oct. 1 launch, but didn’t. Instead, the authorization on September 27 was given by Trenkle’s boss, CMS administrator Marilyn Tavenner.
As CBS News
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_1...ed-final-security-requirements-before-launch/reported Monday
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_1...ed-final-security-requirements-before-launch/, security assessments fell behind and the website never had the required top-to-bottom tests.
Trenkle and two other CMS officials, including Chief Operating Officer Michelle Snyder, signed an unusual “risk acknowledgement” saying that the agency’s mitigation plan for rigorous monitoring and ongoing tests did “not reduce the (security) risk to the … system itself going into operation on October 1, 2013.”

sebelius says possible for convicted felons to become obamacare 'navigators'

“So a convicted felon could be a navigator and acquire sensitive personal information?” Cornyn asked.

“That is possible,” Sebelius acknowledged. “We have contracts with organizations and they have taken the responsibility to screen the individual navigators and make sure they are sufficiently trained for the job.”

Asked by Georgia Republican Sen. Johnny Isakson if they would be open to a federal requirement for background checks, Sebelius said it was up to congress, but that they would certainly look at it.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/06/sebelius-possible-for-convicted-felons-to-become-obamacare-navigators-video/#ixzz2k59ZUcNi

obama still lying about his lies:

We are talking about 5% of the population who are in what’s called the individual market. They’re out there buying health insurance on their own. And even though it only affects a small amount of the population, it means a lot to them, obviously to get this letter canceled.
This is BS, and Obama must know it. So far, many of the canceled policies that have hit the news have, in fact, related to the individual market. The fact that individual policies are being canceled left and right can’t possibly come as a surprise to Obama; in June 2010, his administration predicted (as we pointed out here) that once Obamacare was implemented, “more than” a range of 40 percent to 67 percent of all individual policies would be illegal, and therefore would be canceled.

But individual policies are only the tip of the iceberg. At the same time, the Obama administration predicted that up to 69% of all employer-sponsored plans would also be canceled in the first year of Obamacare (i.e., 2014). The tens of millions who will lose their employer-sponsored plans will dwarf the number who lose individual policies. Much as the Obama administration would rather talk about web site travails than canceled insurance, it prefers to talk about individual policies rather than the employer-sponsored policies where most Americans get their health insurance, and which are also doomed under Obamacare. But unless the Democrats intend to repeal or postpone the implementation of Obamacare indefinitely, they are only delaying the inevitable.

administration person in charge of security of website resigning now, apparently wouldn't sign off on website so now either 'resigning' or being forced out. Developing story...

Tony Trenkle, the Obamacare official in charge of HealthCare.gov security efforts announced his resignation Wednesday, effective next week.

CBS News has learned that Trenkle, the Chief Information Officer for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), was originally supposed to sign off on security for the glitch-ridden website before its Oct. 1 launch, but didn’t. Instead, the authorization on September 27 was given by Trenkle’s boss, CMS administrator Marilyn Tavenner.

As CBS News reported Monday, security assessments fell behind and the website never had the required top-to-bottom tests.

Trenkle and two other CMS officials, including Chief Operating Officer Michelle Snyder, signed an unusual “risk acknowledgement” saying that the agency’s mitigation plan for rigorous monitoring and ongoing tests did “not reduce the (security) risk to the … system itself going into operation on October 1, 2013.”
This thing is going to die like a wounded duck, flapping around, in the road, messy, ugly, inhumane at times, finally a squashed mass of feathers and red guts no one notices while driving by at some point down the line.

Worse than bad, it's innocuously banal.

"Full steam ahead! No matter what!!!"

This is why having political ramifications mixed in with health care is scary for a lot of people.
This is why government should stay out of individual commerce and personal health decisions.
However laudable this attitude might be in theory, it makes no sense in practice. The government was knee deep in commerce and health prior to the ACA and if we somehow eliminated the ACA it still would be knee deep. The debate is not whether government should be involved, but how best to manage that involvement.

This is why having political ramifications mixed in with health care is scary for a lot of people.
This is why government should stay out of individual commerce and personal health decisions.
However laudable this attitude might be in theory, it makes no sense in practice. The government was knee deep in commerce and health prior to the ACA and if we somehow eliminated the ACA it still would be knee deep. The debate is not whether government should be involved, but how best to manage that involvement.
Does it tell a woman whether to have an abortion?

No.

Tony Trenkle, the Obamacare official in charge of HealthCare.gov security efforts announced his resignation Wednesday, effective next week.

CBS News has learned that Trenkle, the Chief Information Officer for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), was originally supposed to sign off on security for the glitch-ridden website before its Oct. 1 launch, but didn’t. Instead, the authorization on September 27 was given by Trenkle’s boss, CMS administrator Marilyn Tavenner.

As CBS News reported Monday, security assessments fell behind and the website never had the required top-to-bottom tests.

This thing is going to die like a wounded duck, flapping around, in the road, messy, ugly, inhumane at times, finally a squashed mass of feathers and red guts no one notices while driving by at some point down the line.

Worse than bad, it's innocuously banal.
At least you're painting it in the best light possible.

This is BS, and Obama must know it. So far, many of the canceled policies that have hit the news have, in fact, related to the individual market. The fact that individual policies are being canceled left and right can’t possibly come as a surprise to Obama; in June 2010, his administration predicted (as we pointed out here) that once Obamacare was implemented, “more than” a range of 40 percent to 67 percent of all individual policies would be illegal, and therefore would be canceled.

We are talking about 5% of the population who are in what’s called the individual market. They’re out there buying health insurance on their own. And even though it only affects a small amount of the population, it means a lot to them, obviously to get this letter canceled.
But individual policies are only the tip of the iceberg. At the same time, the Obama administration predicted that up to 69% of all employer-sponsored plans would also be canceled in the first year of Obamacare (i.e., 2014). The tens of millions who will lose their employer-sponsored plans will dwarf the number who lose individual policies. Much as the Obama administration would rather talk about web site travails than canceled insurance, it prefers to talk about individual policies rather than the employer-sponsored policies where most Americans get their health insurance, and which are also doomed under Obamacare. But unless the Democrats intend to repeal or postpone the implementation of Obamacare indefinitely, they are only delaying the inevitable.
In fairness, this is 69% of group plans - not 69% of people who are on a group plan. Employers with over 50 employees won't have to make any changes. Employers with less than 50 employees will. Apparently 69% of groups are under 50 people, though.

Because everything in existence before the enaction of the ACA is a static state incapable of being stepped back? Why is our only option to attempt to move forward in a reactionary matter as opposed to moving back and possibly removing the shrapnel *before* applying the bandage?Schlzm

Because everything in existence before the enaction of the ACA is a static state incapable of being stepped back? Why is our only option to attempt to move forward in a reactionary matter as opposed to moving back and possibly removing the shrapnel *before* applying the bandage?Schlzm
Because the public loves it. They love Medicare. They love Medicare plan B. They love the no-pre-existing conditions part of Obamacare. They love this stuff; it's here to stay.

Because those are the only two options in DC with a political co[SIZE=10.5pt]nstituency[/SIZE]?

Because the public loves it. They love Medicare. They love Medicare plan B. They love the no-pre-existing conditions part of Obamacare. They love this stuff; it's here to stay.
Really? Bold statements there about all this love being thrown around. Found this and thought it might represent a better top down view about how the public views these new regulations.http://www.gallup.com/poll/165776/uninsured-americans-ignoring-health-exchange-sites.aspx?ref=more

Most Uninsured Americans Ignoring Health Exchange Sites

Three in 10 are familiar with the exchanges

by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- In the midst of widespread news coverage of problems with the federal health exchange website, relatively few uninsured Americans (18%) -- the primary target population for the exchanges -- have so far attempted to visit an exchange website. The percentage is slightly higher, 22%, among uninsured Americans who say they plan to get insurance through the exchanges.
Schlzm

Because those are the only two options in DC with a political constituency?
Under normal real qorld circumstances I would sadly have to agree that you speak the truth. However it's Friday and Tim has decided that the US now runs on love instead!♥Schlzm♥

by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- In the midst of widespread news coverage of problems with the federal health exchange website, relatively few uninsured Americans (18%) -- the primary target population for the exchanges -- have so far attempted to visit an exchange website. The percentage is slightly higher, 22%, among uninsured Americans who say they plan to get insurance through the exchanges.
Which contributes to proving the idea that the vast majority of those that were uninsured before the ACA were so because they wanted to be uninsured. Not because of some grand conspiracy to keep people down and certainly not some "national disgrace" that it was painted to be.

Really? Bold statements there about all this love being thrown around. Found this and thought it might represent a better top down view about how the public views these new regulations.http://www.gallup.com/poll/165776/uninsured-americans-ignoring-health-exchange-sites.aspx?ref=more

by Frank Newport

Schlzm
Isn't this the part where the Government comes in and punishes people for their selfishness with the mandate tax?

They love the no-pre-existing conditions part of Obamacare.
For the 85% of people who have coverage, that doesn't matter anyway. For well over half of the people that don't have coverage, it doesn't matter either as they don't have anything serious enough to be deemed a "pre-ex condition". That part of Obamacare effects far less of the population than the number of people getting their coverage canceled.

More good news for the Obamacare debacle. Looks like most of the uninsured plan to stay that way.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165776/uninsured-americans-ignoring-health-exchange-sites.aspx

In the midst of widespread news coverage of problems with the federal health exchange website, relatively few uninsured Americans (18%) -- the primary target population for the exchanges -- have so far attempted to visit an exchange website.

The percentage is slightly higher, 22%, among uninsured Americans who say they plan to get insurance through the exchanges.

by Frank Newport

Schlzm
Isn't this the part where the Government comes in and punishes people for their selfishness with the mandate tax?
That's the theory, though of course this whole thing was promised to be #######s and rainbows so I'm not going to believe anything else that was promised until I see it happen. More likely that when some ~poor~ person who doesn't get coverage actually has a fine leveraged against them they will scream that it's not fair and the costs will just get passed off again soaking the producers even more.Schlzm

More good news for the Obamacare debacle. Looks like most of the uninsured plan to stay that way.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165776/uninsured-americans-ignoring-health-exchange-sites.aspx

In the midst of widespread news coverage of problems with the federal health exchange website, relatively few uninsured Americans (18%) -- the primary target population for the exchanges -- have so far attempted to visit an exchange website.

The percentage is slightly higher, 22%, among uninsured Americans who say they plan to get insurance through the exchanges.
YOU TAKE YOUR SHILL LINKS AND POLITICALLY SLANTED ARTICLES SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU FRADULENT HACK!!!!!!!!11111one~Schlzm

by Frank Newport

Which contributes to proving the idea that the vast majority of those that were uninsured before the ACA were so because they wanted to be uninsured. Not because of some grand conspiracy to keep people down and certainly not some "national disgrace" that it was painted to be.
Over 50% of the current uninsured population can either currently afford (and qualify for) coverage today, or can already obtain Medicare/Medicaid or CHIP. If they were to do that, insurance rates would drop as the rates wouldn't be inflated so much to offset the uninsured. Lower rates would allow even more people to afford coverage.....if they desired to. This is one reason why honestly, the individual mandate isn't the worst idea in the world.

by Frank Newport

And it also contributes to my premise that the ACA actually won't result in more people being covered (unless changed drastically). When the vast majority of currently uninsured don't sign up, and then a good chuck of currently insured who have had their policies canceled and replaced with more expensive coverage don't comply, we'll be right back in the same place we are today.

by Frank Newport

Over 50% of the current uninsured population can either currently afford (and qualify for) coverage today, or can already obtain Medicare/Medicaid or CHIP. If they were to do that, insurance rates would drop as the rates wouldn't be inflated so much to offset the uninsured. Lower rates would allow even more people to afford coverage.....if they desired to. This is one reason why honestly, the individual mandate isn't the worst idea in the world.
The individual mandate tax - this will work how?

People are going to {surprise*!*} get a tax bill in the mail? And if they don't pay it, what a nice lawsuit from their own government?

by Frank Newport

And it also contributes to my premise that the ACA actually won't result in more people being covered (unless changed drastically). When the vast majority of currently uninsured don't sign up, and then a good chuck of currently insured who have had their policies canceled and replaced with more expensive coverage don't comply, we'll be right back in the same place we are today.
It will be very intersting to see these numbers down the line.

Sadly I wish this survey would have honed in on the young uninsured as they are the ones that the govt. is really, really hoping will sign up; if they don't we will enter a financial death spiral with the cost of the coverages.

by Frank Newport

Sadly I wish this survey would have honed in on the young uninsured as they are the ones that the govt. is really, really hoping will sign up; if they don't we will enter a financial death spiral with the cost of the coverages.
This is true - the only way the insurers can afford the forced coverage of people who are already sick is if they sign up tons of healthy people, ie the youngest.

by Frank Newport

This is true - the only way the insurers can afford the forced coverage of people who are already sick is if they sign up tons of healthy people, ie the youngest.
Which is one of the problems I've had with this legislation from day one. Too many variables and perfect timing requirements for this to even come close to working. Also why this is all doomed to failure, the second anyone starts throwing a little tantrum the exemptions start rolling out. All of the cogs required to pay for this aren't in place.Schlzm

People are going to {surprise*!*} get a tax bill in the mail? And if they don't pay it, what a nice lawsuit from their own government?
I didn't say it will work, but if it encourages people who can already medically qualify for coverage (or if that won't matter next year) and can financially afford coverage actually buy it...then it's a good thing. It may be better than dealing with the headache.

I didn't say it will work, but if it encourages people who can already medically qualify for coverage (or if that won't matter next year) and can financially afford coverage actually buy it...then it's a good thing. It may be better than dealing with the headache.
That's just the thing though, if the government doesn't have the means or the will to enforce it then people won't be encouraged (or rather discouraged (from not buying insurance)) at all.

There was an article I posted earlier this week about the average age of people signing up via the exchanges. The carriers were hoping for an average age of 41. So far the average age has been 51. Of course, with only 6 people signing up it will only take a pair of 25 year olds to get it right back in line.

That's just the thing though, if the government doesn't have the means or the will to enforce it then people won't be encouraged (or rather discouraged (from not buying insurance)) at all.
I guess we'll have to wait and see how far the Government will go to attempt to obtain the penalty.

I'm also interested to know when the projections are made and they say they will collect $x in "mandate penalties" each year, are they assuming a certain % of compliance with that tax/fee? Are they dumb enough to assume 100% compliance with it? And if they are only assuming 50% compliance with it, are they saying that they are actually assuming so many people just won't pay?

There was an article I posted earlier this week about the average age of people signing up via the exchanges. The carriers were hoping for an average age of 41. So far the average age has been 51. Of course, with only 6 people signing up it will only take a pair of 25 year olds to get it right back in line.
:hifive:

These two are gonna sign up.

God, I hope a Republican gets elected in 2016 so that the blind liberals will finally acknowledge what a flaming turd this deal is, and will have cover to actually say so.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how far the Government will go to attempt to obtain the penalty.

I'm also interested to know when the projections are made and they say they will collect $x in "mandate penalties" each year, are they assuming a certain % of compliance with that tax/fee? Are they dumb enough to assume 100% compliance with it? And if they are only assuming 50% compliance with it, are they saying that they are actually assuming so many people just won't pay?
They had better assume a % as they removed just about every penalty for not paying.

So you're still just talking about the first day?

It was a joke. Actually a few thousand people in that state had already signed up, so it will take a few thousand younger people to do so to get the average back to 41. Maybe those damn kids just haven't gotten out of bed yet to sign up.

It was a joke. Actually a few thousand people in that state had already signed up, so it will take a few thousand younger people to do so to get the average back to 41. Maybe those damn kids just haven't gotten out of bed yet to sign up.
Website isn't iPhone/iPad compatible?Schlzm
There's an app for that?
Words With Feds®Schlzm

Come on, lighten up. It was moderately funny.

They had better assume a % as they removed just about every penalty for not paying.
Right.

And a mandate without enforcement is no mandate at all.

And without the mandate the funding for this boondoggle is skrewed.

In fairness, this is 69% of group plans - not 69% of people who are on a group plan. Employers with over 50 employees won't have to make any changes. Employers with less than 50 employees will. Apparently 69% of groups are under 50 people, though.
Here's what happened to my plan, (and basically every public school employee in KY, so considerably more than 50 employees)

- Mandatory open enrollment

- the closest comparable plan to what I had before Obamacare ( a PPO )now costs me:

- twice as much per month for premiums

- double for office visits

-double for prescriptions

- an extra 10% on any idea hospital or ER visits.

So in effect, the single largest "group" in KY saw every plan cancelled and replaced with one that covers half as much for twice the cost. Now, I'll survive with a couple hundred or so less in take home pay a month, but this will cripple the cafeteria workers, bus monitors, janitors, etc. who make next to nothing and mostly work just for the benefits.

Blame Obama, or the insurance companies, or whoever else, but this is most definitely not an improvement to the healthcare" system".

matttyl said:
Bottomfeeder Sports said:
Payment for what? You do know what "FFS" means - correct? As someone in the industry what triggers a bill to the patient for a deductible in a "global capitated" environment?
Yes, fee for service. Typically the patient is just billed their deductible, and the provider gets the balance directly from the carrier.
Fee for service is going away. Not in 2014 or even 2025 but the whole idea being pursued is to pay for quality care, not quantity care. Today capitation is dealt with in the framework of FFS, but when FFS is 90+% of your business that makes sense. But if we really get there (I have continuously expressed doubts in this thread) wouldn't there be efficiencies gained by not billing services at all? Meaning not recording them in a billing system, not coding them for billing, etc., etc. The provider is being a paid a lump sum who cares about the billing data? Now of course the EHR would still have information about each encounter and what was done, what test were ordered, etc. but is there a reason to relate that to HCPCS/CPT codes in this future? Today that is the framework that exists, but the whole point is to move to a totally different model.

What does Kaiser do today? That is do Kaiser employed providers cut bills to Kaiser the insurance company? Or do they communicate the productivity in their offices some other way? (I don't know.)

So imagine a world where very few 837s/1500s are being generated. No PR-1s on EOBs. In this world where does the bill for the deductible come from?

Andy Dufresne said:
Schlzm said:

by Frank Newport

:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread