What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SHAWN WIEBER booted me out of his league for missing 1 week of submitt (1 Viewer)

For everyone asking to hear Shawn's side it's not gonna happen. Shawn is a serious person of high moral character he is not the kind of guy that goes to a fantasy site and bashes a commish who was nice enough to give him his money back.

Warpig I don't know you but you should apologize. Shame on you!
Can't wait for Klingon to weigh in here too.

For everyone asking to hear Shawn's side it's not gonna happen. Shawn is a serious person of high moral character he is not the kind of guy that goes to a fantasy site and bashes a commish who was nice enough to give him his money back.

Uh oh, Mom's here.

"My name is Shawn and I approve this message"
Sounds like a political soundbite :lol:

Pffft, how extreme can it be with only twelve teams?
i only play in 32 team extreme league.. we start offense linemen also.. gotta field a 40 team roster.

now thats what i call extreme!

ever have to sweat out a monday night game worrying about weather or not the left guard for the jets will pancake someone to win you a fantasy football championship and 50k.. i have.. now thats extreme
:lol:

OK I WILL NOT THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING WARPIG I CONSIDER INFORMATION LIKE THIS A VALUABLE CONTRIBUTION TO THE SHART POOL COMMUNITY AND I AM SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE HAD PROBLEMS. HOPEFULLY YOUR WARNING WILL PREVENT SIMILAR INCIDENTS IN THE FUTURE IT IS VITAL WE PROTECT EACH OTHER FROM SCAM ARTISTS AND FRAUDS SINCE THERE IS A LOT OF MONEYS ON THE LINE. THANK YOU AGAIN WARPIG FOR THE ALERT.

I'm not gonna lie...I play in a pretty hardcore league where we write articles. I expect to be mocked for it, if the responses in this thread are any indication. To be fair, they are mostly "Game of the Week" type articles, and the longer the league goes on the more trade history, series records, etc. get brought in to it in the trash talking, etc. It's fun, keeps everyone involved, spotlights one big H2H matchup per week and all the tie-breakers, etc. in the league are set up to prioritize H2H and divisional records to promote rivalries, etc.

We also have a proboards message board for this league that has almost 10,000 posts in the three seasons the league has existed. The MFL chat and messageboard is mostly just used for game day chatter and trade talk, etc.

So, fire away. But I think it's stupid. Let people enjoy their hobby how they want to. Instead of being in 12 dynasty leagues, I'm in a few ridiculously active ones with more personal contact between owners. It leads to a really fun, active league. We've had 71 trades this year, since the league page switched over. 103 trades last year. 91 the year before that, the leagues inaugural season. That's a lot of trading for a 12 team league, but our setup, Bylaws, and yes even article writing encourage it. Nobody goes more than half a day without logging in, year round. That's how we like it.

im as active in my leagues as someones' rear-end is after hot wings on a sunday afternoon.

now if thats not active enough then, your league isnt for me

#shartpool

Last edited by a moderator:

That would be kind of silly of him to come here and bash the commish.

Shawn?

Not submitting a lineup is testament to tanking or throwing a game, there should be some penalty. Throwing out of the league may be a little harsh but the guy was fair about it, not many owners would refund the entry fee when a guy is thrown out of a league.

When skimming this board, I have seen situations where people were robbed by some ##### or another and a witch hunt started about aliases and this and that...the OP here is a bleeping tool for having even uttered Shawns name in such a way. Even for the flaming C u nts who want to say his site looks like Myspace or whatever other unoriginal nonsense dribbled off your chin, more time went into the design of 2% of that league than most of your commissioners do in an entire season and he friggin returned the money to the dumb OP so why is his name being trashed?

As for the spiral into what is a good league or excessive or whatever....does it matter? Is there anyone who has ever said it is ok to join a league and not know the rules or to join a league and not follow the rules? Those saying the OP should have received a WARNING first are idiots...that would be this league following your crappy league's rules.

Recap...Shawn runs a league many people cannot imagine devoting that much time to and Shawn carried out the bylaws as they were stated against a slouch who couldn't handle the rules he agreed to by joing the league and now Shawns name is being trashed and ridiculed by the OP, various trolls and parasites. Stay classy Sharkpool. This place is obviously as worthless as the rumors of several threads I have seen in the past year.

When skimming this board, I have seen situations where people were robbed by some ##### or another and a witch hunt started about aliases and this and that...the OP here is a bleeping tool for having even uttered Shawns name in such a way. Even for the flaming C u nts who want to say his site looks like Myspace or whatever other unoriginal nonsense dribbled off your chin, more time went into the design of 2% of that league than most of your commissioners do in an entire season and he friggin returned the money to the dumb OP so why is his name being trashed?

As for the spiral into what is a good league or excessive or whatever....does it matter? Is there anyone who has ever said it is ok to join a league and not know the rules or to join a league and not follow the rules? Those saying the OP should have received a WARNING first are idiots...that would be this league following your crappy league's rules.

Recap...Shawn runs a league many people cannot imagine devoting that much time to and Shawn carried out the bylaws as they were stated against a slouch who couldn't handle the rules he agreed to by joing the league and now Shawns name is being trashed and ridiculed by the OP, various trolls and parasites. Stay classy Sharkpool. This place is obviously as worthless as the rumors of several threads I have seen in the past year.
Did the bylaws specifically state someone would be kicked out mid-season for failure to submit a lineup?

Hi Shawn

MY LEAGUE IS BETTER THAN YOUR LEAGUE!

Why so angry, Shawn?

You look like a spazzoid twot as the vast majority of posts here are backing Shawn (while still mocking him for being an anal dillhole)

Feel free to leave and not come back if you don't like it here.

I think we've found a nice balance here of mocking both the super serious leagues and the OP for joining a super serious league, and then complaining about how super seriously the league was run.

Good job, Shark Pool.

I'm not gonna lie...I play in a pretty hardcore league where we write articles. I expect to be mocked for it, if the responses in this thread are any indication. To be fair, they are mostly "Game of the Week" type articles, and the longer the league goes on the more trade history, series records, etc. get brought in to it in the trash talking, etc. It's fun, keeps everyone involved, spotlights one big H2H matchup per week and all the tie-breakers, etc. in the league are set up to prioritize H2H and divisional records to promote rivalries, etc.
I think you're confused. All that activity sounds great.

But are you given mandatory weekly writing assignments? To be honest your league sounds pretty casual.

What about joining a message board and not handling its rules, like circumventing the language filter, and then trashing and ridiculing that message board's name? How would you feel about something like that?

I think we've found a nice balance here of mocking both the super serious leagues and the OP for joining a super serious league, and then complaining about how super seriously the league was run.

Good job, Shark Pool.
You're selling the Shark Pool short. It's done a GREAT job.

Between half of my starting roster getting hurt this week & the grim reality of starting Fozzy Whitaker as my RB1 in my semis, I needed this thread... Good laughs.

Thanks Warpig & Shawn Weiber!

I think you're confused. All that activity sounds great.But are you given mandatory weekly writing assignments? To be honest your league sounds pretty casual.
When did I say all the activity wasn't great? It's exactly why I'm in leagues like that. I simply said I expected to be mocked for it here.

It's mandatory if you're one of the two teams featured in the "Game of the Week" Q&A. And it's mandatory to vote on the GOTW.

But I suspect you're fishing.

What about joining a message board and not handling its rules, like circumventing the language filter, and then trashing and ridiculing that message board's name? How would you feel about something like that?
We have no choice but to lifetime ban him do we? After all it's right there in the rules.

Since FBG has proven over the years to not give a crap about this forum and the nonsense on it, I really have no feelings on that. I typically just cruise through to see what peoples general feeling is on todays NFL news, chuckle at some of the nonsense that actually is funny and roll my eyes at the same tired losers doing the same tired routines on here but today it was pointed out to me that one person I know for a fact that takes the hobby seriously and gives a damn is having his name run through the mud by a garbage owner and felt I should set the record straight. My choice of the word "extreme" spiraled things for a few people but it doesn't change the point of my posts. Shawn Weiber is a good commissioner and anyone who argues that is uninformed or just being a jackass or more likely both.

I shouldn't get sucked into arguing with people here but I do....lol.

If you look at any other thread calling out garbage commissioners, you will not see anyone coming to their defense like you have here so hopefully nobody is actually taking this thread seriously.

the OP here is a bleeping tool

Even for the flaming C u nts who want to say his site looks like Myspace or whatever other unoriginal nonsense dribbled off your chin, more time went into the design of 2% of that league than most of your commissioners do in an entire season and he friggin returned the money to the dumb OP so why is his name being trashed?

Those saying the OP should have received a WARNING first are idiots...that would be this league following your crappy league's rules.

Stay classy Sharkpool.

Since FBG has proven over the years to not give a crap about this forum and the nonsense on it, I really have no feelings on that. I typically just cruise through to see what peoples general feeling is on todays NFL news, chuckle at some of the nonsense that actually is funny and roll my eyes at the same tired losers doing the same tired routines on here but today it was pointed out to me that one person I know for a fact that takes the hobby seriously and gives a damn is having his name run through the mud by a garbage owner and felt I should set the record straight. My choice of the word "extreme" spiraled things for a few people but it doesn't change the point of my posts. Shawn Weiber is a good commissioner and anyone who argues that is uninformed or just being a jackass or more likely both.

If you look at any other thread calling out garbage commissioners, you will not see anyone coming to their defense like you have here so hopefully nobody is actually taking this thread seriously.
Well if the Shark Pool doesn't matter much to you, then Shawn getting trashed on it should not matter as well.

Hi Shawn

Your article is late.

Is it Weiber or Wieber (as the OP referenced)?

Maybe you are talking about two different guys.

I know Shawn as well and he is a good friend of mine. So to see this post really rubs me the wrong way. With that said I am in this league and absolutely love it!! I will back Shawn 100% on this because he laid it all out in the bylaws what is expected of all owner's, and if you can't abide by those rules I don't feel sorry for ya. Submitting a lineup is REALLY not that hard, it only takes 5 minutes to do so OMG!!!

So PIP, it kinda sucks your gone because you had a good team, but rules are rules and not submitting your lineup and your lack of activity, in other parts of the league, cost ya. This league and the league Agent 575 commish are not considered your casual type of dynasty league that most of you are used too. They are much more and that is why they are way better than most MFL league's.
can you please post your last 5 articles?

thanks

- ph

oh hello Shawn

I know Shawn as well and he is a good friend of mine. So to see this post really rubs me the wrong way. With that said I am in this league and absolutely love it!! I will back Shawn 100% on this because he laid it all out in the bylaws what is expected of all owner's, and if you can't abide by those rules I don't feel sorry for ya. Submitting a lineup is REALLY not that hard, it only takes 5 minutes to do so OMG!!!

So PIP, it kinda sucks your gone because you had a good team, but rules are rules and not submitting your lineup and your lack of activity, in other parts of the league, cost ya. This league and the league Agent 575 commish are not considered your casual type of dynasty league that most of you are used too. They are much more and that is why they are way better than most MFL league's.
can you please post your last 5 articles?thanks

- ph
I have only had to do 2 of them this year but if you are really that interested I can show you them?? Not sure why though??????

considering your signature has a link to another league that has 'myspace graphics' and an advertisement for a site to customize mfl leagues, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are a virgin too...

ROSTERWARS!!!!!!

Shawn Weiber acolytes are making his league and his league members look worse than the Shark Pool is. As well as Extreme FF geeks. You might as well stage an EXTREME D&D league.

idp forum is good

Can't wait for Klingon to weigh in here too.
Romulans have no honor

1 post = Shawn

Let's hear your side, man.
This is not Shawn, but he will be on here when his account is activated :yes:
:popcorn:

could we get this expedited?

is this a messageboard or the INS?

My team is a championship contender.
Who wins the money if your team wins - Shawn?
:lol:

Shawn finds 'someone else' to take over OP's team -- but 'cant make them pay an entry fee this late in the season'. Shawn controls OP contending team (while his own team sits in the cellar). OP team wins = Shawn profits. OP team doesnt win = "Sorry about the downsized pot. I did what was in *best interest of the league* but couldn't make anyone else pay.'

Sounds like a nice little scam to pull 3/4 of the way through the season to give yourself another chance to win -- Free of Charge.

Why so serious son?

Ha,ha! You guys entertain me!

I was invited to join the league in question by a mutual friend of mine and Shawn's. I didn't mind the "strictness" of the site really. I was really active during the offseason pulling off trades, the draft, and free agency building my team. Then ofcourse when the season rolls around I didn't really need to do much to improve my team...I had solid depth. When I needed a FA, I picked one up. I thought the site was cool. The design was pretty intense and required a lot of work (one of the other owners in the league wrote a bunch of code to make it the way it was). It really looked good...one of the best looking sites I've seen. But due to the scripts or whatever (I'm not a Java or whatever technician) it caused my phone to choke and I couldn't get it to function properly on my phone. I made the commish aware of this long ago. I was able to set my lineups from my work computer but they recently took away that access. I made the attempt to submit a lineup every week. I'm human, I could have screwed up something. I don't remember there being an option to use last weeks lineup and with the kind of league this is...I wouldn't doubt if there wasn't one.

The guy never made an attempt to contact me even though I had that info in my profile on the site. I tried to submit my lineup for week 14 before the Thursday game and that is when I realized he erased my account. I received no warning as to what was about to take place. I had the first round bye in the playoffs (had the best record in the league). Thus...a strong contender for the championship. I was in the championship game last year as well.

Another thing that doesn't seem right, is HE QUIT at the beginning of the year (for whatever reason). We were taking polls to see who wanted to take over commish duties. But he continued to hang around...I'm not sure what the hell was going down. Shawn seemed a little up and down fairly often. Bipolar? I don't know. So when he said he was quitting, I figured he didn't care if we wrote our articles or not...and I'm not the only one that didn't. As a matter of fact, I only remember a couple articles being written. I don't think he kicked anyone else out. He seems to be all over the grid. And it's ok for him to be wishy washy but is intolerant of other owners? WTF?

You don't kick a guy out of the league headed to the playoffs. THAT is a tool move. Boot me after the season...that's cool...understandable since I didn't meet the inconsistent requirements.

I just figured I'd let people know about the guy so you don't get robbed by him.

Carry on.

"Ice up son." Your lover brought this on himself. How is his name being trashed? Nobody is insulting him as a person...just as a commish. It's a fantasy football site...not a job interview. The guy is pulling a shady move and I felt compelled to warn people about his tactics. If they choose to pay heed to this warning then maybe I save them some grief. If not, then they'll have their own experience. I find these types of threads helpful sometimes...kinda like a sellers rating on eBay. If a seller has a low rating and you decide to buy something from them and it goes wrong, then you can't say the red flags weren't there. But you may have a pleasant buying experience from that poorly rated seller. Doesn't make a difference to me since I am done. Just trying to forewarn others that the possibilty is there.

Users who are viewing this thread