What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (10 Viewers)

It looks like he was waiting for his medicine in that pic..

OBJ took a quick jab, and carried on smartly..

In full pads, its kinda like smackin his (_)_) and saying nice hit..

Which happens first-safety levels him and calls him a punk or he lands a punch on something other than helmet?

1 catch in the second half. Nice game plan.
I thought the coaches took too much heat after last weeks debacle. Thought more of the blame shouldn't went to Manning. While I still think Eli's a goober I was wrong. The coaching staff in NY is terrible.
The only proven way to stop Beckham so far is if you stop throwing to him. Also it's not as if the other options are even decent. Parker should be cut with what 5 drops in 2 games, Randle, the whole bunch are horrendous. Like it or not the only way this team has any chance of winning is riding Beckham.

I expect heavy doses of ODB if they have any clue.
If Cruz is really back in 2 weeks, it will really help ODB.
I'm not convinced Cruz will ever be the Cruz of old...May not help much at all...

Feels a lot like a buy low.
As an owner, it would take a special kind of offer to get him. Certain guys don't really have a buy-low window...I think he might fit into that group. Just my take. But it would take a top-10 WR or RB to get him from me...not really "buying low"

Ok let's play the value game. If you're a Beckham owner yay or nay to the following trade offers (in isolation meaning not considering your team, just how you view the players):

Dion Lewis

Frank gore

Matt forte

Chris ivory

Larry fitzgerald

Gronk

Randall Cobb

Deandre Hopkins.

My answers below:

Ok let's play the value game. If you're a Beckham owner yay or nay to the following trade offers (in isolation meaning not considering your team, just how you view the players):

Dion Lewis - nay. Lewis seems like a better asset at the moment but have trouble trusting his week to week involvement as much as Beckham

Frank gore - maybe

Matt forte - yay

Chris ivory - nay only BC ivory is a walking injury but otherwise I'd make that trade if we aren't counting injuries.

Larry fitzgerald - yay

Gronk - yay

Randall Cobb - yay

Deandre Hopkins - yay ...no wr more the focal point of his offense this year other than JULIO.

Dion Lewis - No. Don't trust him long-term

Frank gore - No. Indy offense is a mess and they keep flirting with Bradshaw

Matt forte - Possibly

Chris ivory - No. Injury prone

Larry fitzgerald - Possibly. As long as Palmer stays healthy, Fitz could stay in WR1 convo

Gronk - Definitely

Randall Cobb - About even IMO

Deandre Hopkins - Close (actually have Hopkins and Beckham on 1 team, so I'm probably biased here)

Dion Lewis

Frank gore

Matt forte

Chris ivory

Larry fitzgerald

Gronk

Randall Cobb

Deandre Hopkins.
Gronk is the only one on this list I'm even considering.

Why on earth would anyone bail on Beckham? Yes he's not tearing it up like last year but he's putting together a solid season. He's capable of exploding any given week so no way I'm moving him unless it involves Antonio or Julio...someone along those lines.

Dion Lewis

Frank gore

Matt forte

Chris ivory

Larry fitzgerald

Gronk

Randall Cobb

Deandre Hopkins.
I still love me some OBJ...

Dion Lewis: depends on team make-up; I own Dion, & I buy into the thinking that he's more than a mere Shane Vereen clone.

Gronk: Hell yes

No to the others. Hopkins has been killing it, but unless you think Texans will continue to throw the ball at an 800 pass attempt pace, regression is gonna come calling.

rickyg said:

Dion Lewis

Frank gore

Matt forte

Chris ivory

Larry fitzgerald

Gronk

Randall Cobb

Deandre Hopkins.
In dynasty maybe Gronk.

In redraft Gronk, probably Cobb due to all the wr injuries

Pipes said:
Buck Bradcanon said:
Why on earth would anyone bail on Beckham? Yes he's not tearing it up like last year but he's putting together a solid season. He's capable of exploding any given week so no way I'm moving him unless it involves Antonio or Julio...someone along those lines.
Fair enough and I am not a huge fan of the buy low/sell high terminology to begin with. I don't own him so let me say it differently.

Even as a non-owner, I feel like he will have some monster games in the very near future that are reminiscent of last year. I wish I could get him after he started "slow" by his last year standards, but realize that's next to impossible.

rickyg said:

Dion Lewis

Frank gore

Matt forte

Chris ivory

Larry fitzgerald

Gronk

Randall Cobb

Deandre Hopkins.
In dynasty maybe Gronk.

In redraft Gronk, probably Cobb due to all the wr injuries
I'm in line with this. Cobb and Hopkins in dynasty I'd consider if I got some + young player in exchange, but in redraft, you're trading same for same on the WR front.

Pipes said:
rickyg said:

Dion Lewis

Frank gore

Matt forte

Chris ivory

Larry fitzgerald

Gronk

Randall Cobb

Deandre Hopkins.
Gronk is the only one on this list I'm even considering.
That was my initial thought as well. Only Gronk. If there weren't trade rumors surrounding Forte, that would be a maybe. But if there's the possibility he moves to a different team that kills his value, I wouldn't take that risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teams know how to get in his head now... Look for more and more of it.

Dont think teams will mind taking 2-3 15yd penalties to get ODB right off his game and possibly tossed.

Special talent, with a super short fuse

"'Cause right now he's a one-year wonder," Antonio Cromartie said Friday on ESPN. "It's just one year."

Cromartie referenced this week's complaints from Bills defenders, who labeled Beckham a "prima donna" and a "golden boy" after he threw a punch at Buffalo linebacker Preston Brown.

"I need to see it on an every-game basis," Cromartie said. "Not him getting penalties or something like that or sucker-punching somebody. I think it's all about how you carry yourself throughout your whole entire career."

Still, Cromartie went out of way to offer the "utmost" respect for Beckham's outrageous production -- 115 catches for 1,612 yards and 14 touchdowns over one full season -- acknowledging that Beckham "had the most production out of any receiver I've seen in 16 games since Randy Moss."

"But you have to do it week in and week out and depend on that person," Cromartie said. "No matter if you're getting double- or triple-teamed. Moss didn't complain when he got double- or triple-teamed, and people went after him also."

Well he did not look hobbled at all.. There was a route that ELi threw to him on that hold and he had the corner beat .. with a hammy injury there's no way he would of been able to do that

I hope he is ok. He was pretty emotional at the end of the game. Hope that was about the game and not the condition he is in.

He looked pretty gimpy, even though he came back in. I don't have him on my team but I hope he's ok because he's fun to watch.

I hope he is ok. He was pretty emotional at the end of the game. Hope that was about the game and not the condition he is in.
I figured it was because of Daniel Fells and his MRSA infection. Dude might lose his foot, and even his life.
As I understand it, he tweeted wishing them well. Coughlin had someone call for an update.

They had a little speech or such where they were awarding Fells the game ball.

At this point, Coughlin let them know the spreading infection has slowed down now for two days- which is quite significant.

I imagine several GMen got "something in their eye"

i think that it was. he was clearly hobbling there but he came back in to help the team. he made a difference and the team won in the final seconds. i'm sure he was wiped out.

Anyone hear anything about his hammy? I find it weird that there have been zero updates that I have seen. I guess no news is good news........

The way they were massaging it and the way he wanted back in so soon, then returned and looked pretty normal made me think it might have been a cramp?

If they were willing to put him back in game you would think it was minor. They wouldn't ever risk him that way if there was a major issue. IMO anyway

Users who are viewing this thread