What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (4 Viewers)

How recent? I see tonight he’s doing a holiday giveaway. Here’s what Chao said. 

Yes, leg whip with quad contusion early this season  

But #OBJ played the next week.

Didn't show up on injury report until following Friday.

That is the part that doesn't make sense.

And by 3 weeks, should be better.

Team docs are out of HSS and routinely make visits to @Giants team facility. So is this more tests or a second opinion with other doctors?
It was this afternoon after the second opinion

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago

#Giants coach Pat Shurmur has ruled out WR Odell Beckham Jr. for Sunday’s game against the #Titans. He’s still battling this quad issue.
Welp.  At least there won't be any GTD and Saturday players like Robby Anderson are options.  Bright side, bright side.   :wall:

Wow. I had the highest score in the league this year, and now with OBJ and Allen both out, I'll probably be out in the first round to someone that barely got in. 

Such is fantasy football. So much more luck than anyone ever wants to admit. :ptts:

Wow. I had the highest score in the league this year, and now with OBJ and Allen both out, I'll probably be out in the first round to someone that barely got in. 

Such is fantasy football. So much more luck than anyone ever wants to admit. :ptts:
Same - Allen, OBJ, Gordon.  Took the 0 with Allen yesterday.  Likely eliminated this week unless my 42 point lead plus 5 players holds on vs. his 8 players.

Now I'm just hoping I can hold on to my points lead.  It was 120, now it's down to 50 since these injuries.

Aggghh, Regular season 12-1, first round bye and I lose OBJ and Sanders. Sucks....
I feel your pain!  Was running away with it.... 9-1 & #1 in points..... fell apart at end due to injuries and tough matchups (Brees & Kamara).  Lost Ajayi, Fuller, Sanders, OBJ, & OJ Howard this season!  ....... Fell to #4 Seed & lost in 1st round!  

Having my best year ever - won high points 7 weeks thus far. And in the same boat. Injuries are just a ####ty way to go out. 

Now it's a coin flip between Kenyan Drake and Josh Reynolds. If Kupp doesn't get injured I would feel ok slotting him in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost  never hold a "grudge" against a player drafting going forward but I'll say, ODB joins Fornette as two guys I'll completely fade next year. It's not that I wouldn't draft them if they fell low enough but they will be top 2 round picks. Hard pass from here on out. 

I almost  never hold a "grudge" against a player drafting going forward but I'll say, ODB joins Fornette as two guys I'll completely fade next year. It's not that I wouldn't draft them if they fell low enough but they will be top 2 round picks. Hard pass from here on out. 
Never again for me unless the value is insane

The injury tag is real.  He's played 16 games once in his career.

If Eli retires or steps aside--who the heck are they going to have at QB?  I feel like he's got plenty of risk going into 2019

I'm not expecting OBJ to play (will likely be an early rule out on Thursday or Friday)... but I do think he'll put up numbers and not dog it if he's out there.  

Traded Ingram and Corey Davis for him close to the deadline, got one awesome week and then a bunch of crap. I had my option of him or Julio. Such a fail!
Me too actually. Sold high on Sony at the time. Should've said never roster again. I got 3 weeks, the bye and then a big fat DNP.

Wide receivers I think I would rather own in fantasy in 2019 than OBJ...

• Adam Thielen
  • Amari Cooper
  • Antonio Brown
  • Davante Adams
  • DeAndre Hopkins
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Julio Jones
  • Keenan Allen
  • Michael Thomas
  • Mike Evans
  • T.Y. Hilton
  • Tyreek Hill
I would still prefer him over Stefon Diggs, A.J. Green and the Rams receivers.  So that puts him at WR13 in redraft or thereabouts.  I might take him ahead of Hilton in dynasty and keeper formats.  And that's assuming Eli sticks around (which is arguably not in the Giants' best interests).

fake thigh injury in what Primetime Deoion sanders would call  a 'business decision' just like his whiff on the on-side kick recovery attempt. Doesn't want to get hurt in meaingless games.primadonna.giants should never have given him a contract they should've traded him LAST season. 

The Athletic's Jay Glazer reports an Odell Beckham trade is still a possibility.

Much has been made of Giants GM Dave Gettleman saying he did not extend Beckham to trade him, but Glazer says he has even more confidence in his recent "bold prediction" that Beckham could be moved after talking with sources at the Combine. That's if the Giants get a "fair offer." As in, they aren't trying to move Beckham at all costs like the Steelers might end up with Antonio Brown. When Glazer makes a prediction, it is very much worth listening.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Feb 28, 2019, 4:13 PM

Wide receivers I think I would rather own in fantasy in 2019 than OBJ...

• Adam Thielen
  • Amari Cooper
  • Antonio Brown
  • Davante Adams
  • DeAndre Hopkins
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Julio Jones
  • Keenan Allen
  • Michael Thomas
  • Mike Evans
  • T.Y. Hilton
  • Tyreek Hill
I would still prefer him over Stefon Diggs, A.J. Green and the Rams receivers.  So that puts him at WR13 in redraft or thereabouts.  I might take him ahead of Hilton in dynasty and keeper formats.  And that's assuming Eli sticks around (which is arguably not in the Giants' best interests).
This is a pretty good list. I'm not sure I agree with all the players but the one thing does tell me is that Amari Cooper is probably going to be way overvalued next year

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns, 49ers, and Raiders were the teams he heard "most connected" to a possible Odell Beckham trade at the Combine last week.

La Canfora, however, adds he talked to a source in Cleveland and was told there's "nothing cooking" on the trade front for the Browns and OBJ right now. Twitter was set ablaze Wednesday afternoon with an OBJ-to-the-Browns rumor, but there doesn't appear to be a whole lot to go on with it. Antonio Brown will be the first building block to fall in the wideout market. The Raiders are the favorites there, with some even calling it a "one-team race." The Niners aren't in on Brown, but OBJ is a different story. Somehow, Beckham is the more stable personality of the two between he and Brown at the moment and more than four years younger. OBJ could command multiple first-round picks for the Giants.

RELATED: 

Cleveland Browns

, Oakland Raiders

, San Francisco 49ers

SOURCE: CBS Sports

Mar 6, 2019, 5:10 PM

This is my list for who I would prefer to own over OBJ in dynasty:

DeAndre Hopkins
My list is actually quite longer. I think it's a waving, on fire red flag that he has shut down and lost it mentally the last 2 years. the injury history doesnt help. 

I sold last year. dont think I'd want to buy again

My list is actually quite longer. I think it's a waving, on fire red flag that he has shut down and lost it mentally the last 2 years. the injury history doesnt help. 

I hear you. At the same time, when he’s motivated to play and not hurt, he’s so good, maybe the best in the league. I own no shares of OBJ so this is not owner bias either.

What did he do that would make you say that?

Yeah, I can see where a dynasty owner would want something different than Odell, but like Gandalf said, when he's at the top of his game and motivated...

What I can't see is the Giants getting a good return for him in a trade unless they're just desperate to get out from under his contract and know something internally that we don't. 

Users who are viewing this thread