What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Eric Ebron, PIT (2 Viewers)

Man Karma is a mean teacher. He was probably trying to change direction (which is something he's terrible at) and he blew his ankle up. He can probably play without one he's so good though.  

Honestly I hope he's ok. I'd like to see him fail or succeed healthy so I can see what I was right about or wrong about in regards to my assessment of him. Now we may never know because of this injury. Achilles injuries are career killers......... 

Man Karma is a mean teacher. He was probably trying to change direction (which is something he's terrible at) and he blew his ankle up. He can probably play without one he's so good though.  
Karma? Ebron a piece of #### and I've just never heard about it, or you just don't understand what the word means?

Devastating. 
If true it sure is, but seems we don't have anything confirmed yet.

re: Lions - maybe call BAL or NE as both have a surplus of TEs in camp this year. Wright is on IR, Pettigrew is out, Mulligan or Wick next man up? Please.

re: redraft TEs in the 12-15 rounds, I like Walford's upside this year over ASJ. But EE was primed. Hope it's just a strain.

No, they're not. 
Active WRs Demaryius Thomas and Michael Crabtree as well as retired LB Takeo Spikes came back from ruptured Achilles tendon injuries to play at a high level, no doubt others.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to get on the phone to Calvin and tell him will pay you whatever u want and try to get you the yardage record.

Strange but I found this on Twitter. If this is true, why is he dancing and chanting after finding out he is lost for the year?

Pride Of Detroit ‏@PrideOfDetroit  24m24 minutes ago
This was just posted from @Ebron85's snapchat account 40 minutes ago.

35 retweets18 likes

Retweet

More

I dont think the video will play here but you have to see it to believe it. What. Is. The. Deal? Is this kid nuts?

Hope Milkman comes back in here to beat his chest with joy should Ebron escape with minor injuries. His post reminds me of some dumb #### I did on the freeway the other day. I was getting on to the carpool lane and I started waving to all of the cars stuck in traffic as I zoomed by. Fifteen seconds later, I was stuck behind cars myself. The carpool lane was jammed as well. Moral of the story. Shut up until you know for sure you are clear. Then boast! Lol. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Hope Milkman comes back in here to beat his chest with joy should Ebron escape with minor injuries. His post reminds me of some dumb #### I did on the freeway the other day. I was getting on to the carpool lane and I started waving to all of the cars stuck in traffic as I zoomed by. Fifteen seconds later, I was stuck behind cars myself. The carpool lane was jammed as well. Moral of the story. Shut up until you know for sure you are clear. Then boast! Lol. Can't wait to see how this plays out.
True message board grudge holders are a sight to behold.  

Re the thread.. looking forward to some Wick action myself.  :thumbup:

georg013 said:
Strange but I found this on Twitter. If this is true, why is he dancing and chanting after finding out he is lost for the year?

Pride Of Detroit ‏@PrideOfDetroit  24m24 minutes ago
This was just posted from @Ebron85's snapchat account 40 minutes ago.

35 retweets18 likes

Retweet

More

I dont think the video will play here but you have to see it to believe it. What. Is. The. Deal? Is this kid nuts?
Lol y'all media people crazy. Nothing will ever hurt my personality I can vibe in a car I'm not driving all I want ?

https://twitter.com/ebron85/status/762023188343746560

MLive's Kyle Meinke reports Eric Ebron (Achilles') was walking without a cast or boot on the sidelines of practice Monday.
Ebron did not practice and was walking with a "slight limp," but the lack of boot or cast is a great sign. Although the injury appeared to be season-ending when it first happened, it now looks like Ebron might not even miss a regular season game. His status will continue to be updated throughout the week.

Source: Kyle Meinke on Twitter 
Aug 8 - 10:32 AM

Obviously very good news. The Lions aren't saying anything and will likely be difficult to get fantasy info from. However, this could be a major dodged bullet and could provide some insight into why Ebron's social media activity yesterday was so positive.

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press gets the "sense" that Eric Ebron (ankle) will be ready for Week 1.
Ebron still isn't practicing, but he was spotted jogging before catching passes from a JUGS machine on Sunday. Birkett says that was the first time he's seen Ebron run since the ankle injury on August 6. Ebron's ADP has fallen nearly two full rounds since he went down. He's a high-end TE2 pick in fantasy.

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter

The Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett believes Eric Ebron (ankle) is "50-50" to play in Week 1.
Birkett did acknowledge his optimism grew when Ebron spoke to reporters recently. Many times, players who are in danger of missing significant time will be kept under wraps by teams and are discouraged from talking to the media. After missing so much of training camp, a slow start should be expected for Ebron.

Aug 31 - 10:07 AM

Eric Ebron (ankle) returned to Lions practice on Monday.
It's Ebron's first practice since he went down on August 6, and gives him a chance to play Week 1. Ebron's conditioning will be a concern after he spent so much time on the shelf, so a slow opener should probably be expected. With that said, the matchup with Indianapolis makes Ebron worthy of streamer consideration.

Sep 5 - 4:09 PM

So going from nearly lost for the season to playing week 1 was a pretty big turn of events for Ebron.  He got 5 targets -- caught them all for 49 and a TD.  Caveat, of course, is that it was against the Colts.  BUT, he also missed about a month of action and still returned to a decent role. 

My question is does it grow from here?  Is he one of the somewhat savvy "buy high" players right now for redraft?  How do you feel for dynasty?  Stafford is clearly comfortable in JBC's offense, which seems to work well for Ebron too.

Just seeking some wisdom of the sharks here on the young DET TE.

So going from nearly lost for the season to playing week 1 was a pretty big turn of events for Ebron.  He got 5 targets -- caught them all for 49 and a TD.  Caveat, of course, is that it was against the Colts.  BUT, he also missed about a month of action and still returned to a decent role. 

My question is does it grow from here?  Is he one of the somewhat savvy "buy high" players right now for redraft?  How do you feel for dynasty?  Stafford is clearly comfortable in JBC's offense, which seems to work well for Ebron too.

Just seeking some wisdom of the sharks here on the young DET TE.
As a Detroit homer I am watching Ebron as well. A former #1 pick, he better produce. So far haven't seen it yet. He's okay. He's a low end #1 / high end #2. Be nice to know if his stock is rising?

Any thoughts on e squared after 4 games?  It's a boring year for TEs but it looks to me that Ebron could end the year top 6ish.  He's getting about 7 targets per game and his yards per target is solid.  He's lacking in the TD department but there is a good argument that he could see a healthy dose of red zone opportunities going forward with their current situation at RB and WR.  

Maybe if he was healthy but what has he done this year to put him in that tier?
He's done more than Ertz. But I agree that he's behind kelce and Graham.  Fwiw Jimmy might be back with reed and Olsen - although that might be premature.  

Maybe if he was healthy but what has he done this year to put him in that tier?
That's a fair question.  After the guys I mentioned you could really make a case for a dozen other guys.  

This is my personal check list for TEs

1.  Talent.  He's got tons

2.  Targets.  This is more important than snap %.  If a Te isn't getting 100+/year they won't amount to much.  Ebron is right at that threshold 

3.  Offense.  Good QB and system.  I think it's a yes to both.  I was more confident before last week.

Problem with this guy is that literally after every catch he seems to come up gimpy with SOMETHING.  I don't remember the last time I saw him make a play and then just get up and run back to the huddle normally.

Ebron has shown some improvement but I still think he is much closer to a Jared Cook type of player than an elite TE. He is just not consistent and does not appear to be a guy that is driven to be the best. Like Cook, he looks better on paper than in pads. Its like his elite measureables don't completely translate to the field. 

He's been a colossal bust for a top 10 pick. He might be the biggest bust of that draft class. 

The play where he went down last weekend looked nasty. When I first saw the replay I instantly thought done for the season. Caught up in a ruck of players who fell on him and his lower  body looked like it twisted in a really bad way. Was amazed he came back in. 

I think yes the ankle may be bothering him a bit from pre season and same now with the knee. Neither major though. Maybe an  extra weeks rest heals him up to get back out there in week 6. That's the impression I get.

Users who are viewing this thread