What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Down! (1 Viewer)

was looking at their twitter page and they are saying it is an off site issue with their host provider who are aware of situation and working on it.

for the amount of $$ they charge a per-league that this is un-accpetable;seriously backup the servers and routers!!

i have one in progress myself. MFL needs to get on the stick and resolve this. This is my first time using them. How responsive are they?

Should never happen in todays world of technology. This stuff is preventable in soooo many ways.

Kelly - I may not be the most technically savy person out there, but if their provider is down, how else are they to contact you??? They have no access to the net at this point!!

Truly sucks on all parts - I am in the middle of a rookie draft as well and wanted to finish it before the Memorial Day Weekend really kicked in.

Should never happen in todays world of technology. This stuff is preventable in soooo many ways.
How is MFL supposed to prevent their provider from going down?
Who says I put this all on MFL if thats the case?

Why in the world would anyone be defensive of a companies product going down?

If the world relies on the internet as much as they do there should be fail safes to prevent servers, providers or anything to go down.

You are also taking the site at their word as if they wouldnt throw the blame on someone else.

They've been near flawless imo for years. This should only make them better. Sucks but it's not week 16 or anything.

I missed the memo about the world and everything in it being perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not defensive per se, bit I work in IT and I know #### happens. Whether people want to get upset about it, a website going down is not always preventable.

Sounds like we all need a day break from drafting. I agree with the posters that say MFL will be stronger after this. Great customer service for years

To go through rendundancy and a diversification process would basically raise costs by a huge margin. This is the 1 significant problem Ive had in 10 or so years using them. Would much rather keep costs down & have to deal with a day without fantasy then have them work overboard. CBS charges twice as much and still goes down.

If the world relies on the internet as much as they do there should be fail safes to prevent servers, providers or anything to go down.

You are also taking the site at their word as if they wouldnt throw the blame on someone else.
All I know is that yahoo, google, and facebook all go down every once in in awhile...just saying

All I know is that yahoo, google, and facebook all go down every once in in awhile...just saying
not to mention twitter

google doesn't go down, yahoo doesn't go down, cnn doesn't go down... MFL goes down about 4 times a yr. So yeah, they should stop using their buddies computer as a service provider and get a real one.
Umm, sure they do. Google went down a few months back for about 30 minutes and it literally almost shut down the internet. Bandwidth usage was cut by like 70% worldwide while they were down. Also, Google is a $300 billion dollar company. Facebook goes down at least 3-4 times a year. And again, billion dollar company.

I gather you don't seem to understand how servers and network providers work. Being that you said they should backup the servers and routers. Which makes literally no sense.

Relax, this likely wasn't preventable at all. MFL really doesn't make enough money to have a bunch of off-site redundancy. Their provider went down and is in the process of fixing it, there's not much we nor mfl can do about it.

google doesn't go down, yahoo doesn't go down, cnn doesn't go down... MFL goes down about 4 times a yr. So yeah, they should stop using their buddies computer as a service provider and get a real one.
Umm, sure they do. Google went down a few months back for about 30 minutes and it literally almost shut down the internet. Bandwidth usage was cut by like 70% worldwide while they were down. Also, Google is a $300 billion dollar company. Facebook goes down at least 3-4 times a year. And again, billion dollar company.

I gather you don't seem to understand how servers and network providers work. Being that you said they should backup the servers and routers. Which makes literally no sense.

Relax, this likely wasn't preventable at all. MFL really doesn't make enough money to have a bunch of off-site redundancy. Their provider went down and is in the process of fixing it, there's not much we nor mfl can do about it.
yes i do, which why its un-acceptable

Yeah they do, actually.
when they go down, its for minutes, not hours and not thoughout the night

Yeah they do, actually.
when they go down, its for minutes, not hours and not thoughout the night
Oh, so now they do go down...

This is progress for you.

Umm, sure they do. Google went down a few months back for about 30 minutes and it literally almost shut down the internet. Bandwidth usage was cut by like 70% worldwide while they were down. Also, Google is a $300 billion dollar company. Facebook goes down at least 3-4 times a year. And again, billion dollar company.I gather you don't seem to understand how servers and network providers work. Being that you said they should backup the servers and routers. Which makes literally no sense.

You do what? Understand what's going on behind the scenes at MFL? No, sorry don't believe that. If you had even the slightest clue you'd not have stated:

"They should have backed up the servers and routers"

That literally doesn't make any sense in this situation. It sounds like something my father would say, sounds like you knew a couple of IT keywords and just used two of them.

MyFantasyLeague.com @MyFantasyLeague

Update: We're still working with our off-site server hosts to get things up-and-running. Not a fun night/morning. More in a bit...

This just updated by MFL

MyFantasyLeague.com‏@MyFantasyLeague52s

Update: We're still working with our off-site server hosts to get things up-and-running. Not a fun night/morning. More in a bit...

Also:

@MyFantasyLeague

We've gotten no ETA from the well-paid server hosts. Progress is being made, though, from what we can tell

I love when people try to pretend they are better the others because they don't get upset.

People get upset and dont like things, it happens, stop telling people to not get upset or complain just because you dont.

I find it ironic more are complaining about the people getting upset then they are the actual website for not doing what it should.

Has anyone seen those "You only have on job to do" memes? This is a perfect example, the website had one job to do... stay operational.

Umm, sure they do. Google went down a few months back for about 30 minutes and it literally almost shut down the internet. Bandwidth usage was cut by like 70% worldwide while they were down. Also, Google is a $300 billion dollar company. Facebook goes down at least 3-4 times a year. And again, billion dollar company.I gather you don't seem to understand how servers and network providers work. Being that you said they should backup the servers and routers. Which makes literally no sense.

You do what? Understand what's going on behind the scenes at MFL? No, sorry don't believe that. If you had even the slightest clue you'd not have stated:

"They should have backed up the servers and routers"

That literally doesn't make any sense in this situation. It sounds like something my father would say, sounds like you knew a couple of IT keywords and just used two of them.
that was before I read it was a host problem... thanks

I love when people try to pretend they are better the others because they don't get upset.

People get upset and dont like things, it happens, stop telling people to not get upset or complain just because you dont.

I find it ironic more are complaining about the people getting upset then they are the actual website for not doing what it should.

Has anyone seen those "You only have on job to do" memes? This is a perfect example, the website had one job to do... stay operational.
They have every right to complain. We have every right to tell them they're overreacting.

anyone know what happens with auction timers when the site comes back up? Ideally they will be exactly at the bids and time left when they went down, but I am worried that someone who opened bidding at $1 on Victor Cruz (as an example) would have automatically won if it is in effect counting the 24 hours between bidding and when they came back up. Anyone been in a situation like an auction when the site when down before?

They have every right to complain. We have every right to tell them they're overreacting.
voice of reason

anyone know what happens with auction timers when the site comes back up? Ideally they will be exactly at the bids and time left when they went down, but I am worried that someone who opened bidding at $1 on Victor Cruz (as an example) would have automatically won if it is in effect counting the 24 hours between bidding and when they came back up. Anyone been in a situation like an auction when the site when down before?
from what I gather on twitter no one knows for sure including MFL

You do what? Understand what's going on behind the scenes at MFL? No, sorry don't believe that. If you had even the slightest clue you'd not have stated:"They should have backed up the servers and routers"

:lmao:

That's what your commish is for. "Let's just start that bidding over shall we?"

Sorry for everyone's loss. All my best to you in this time of tragedy.
I would not care except for our somewhat large money dynasty startup auction going on right now and the uncertainty regarding the open bids. Anyone with a handful of low dollar bids on good players that would possibly get them for a fraction of what they should go for due to network outages would gain a HUGE advantage on the league if they cannot be reversed. I am sure the commish can undo whatever gets done, but it could be a potential cluster-f

Users who are viewing this thread