What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (15 Viewers)

Things to watch for

* Tata said they intend to give Pulisic little space.  That should mean fouls.  A first 30 minutes yellow card he draws could make things loosen up

* how deep Weston will be playing.  I expect the US will have its ears pinned back at times tonight, so hopefully he is fairly deep and Nips comes back to help Ream.  I don't know if Ream has one more 90 in him before he turns into a pumpkin.  Let's hope

* If losing at half, I want Boyd as first off the bench for Morris if he looks like he did the other night 

* Mexico has not been tight at the back consistently.  The US will get chances tonight.  Hopefully they can bury one or two of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ream worries me just on pace. The long haired Mexican dude is fast and skillful. Swag will have to stay close to help Caillou, which means less of his going forward

And we'll see which Cannon shows up.

Neither team is at full strength.

Mexico will have the home field advantage

The US has been progressing in the tournament but has not looked as good as Mexico has (outside of the first 15 minutes against Jamaica).  But Mexico has had a poor tournament converting their chances.

Mexico is favored but if the US win, it would at best be a mild upset.
If the USA wins Mexico will have a thousand excuses - if USA loses it's we suck.

Ream worries me just on pace. The long haired Mexican dude is fast and skillful. Swag will have to stay close to help Caillou, which means less of his going forward

And we'll see which Cannon shows up.
If they are on the same side of the field Weston vs Guardado could be the key match up in the midfield.

Jozy is carrying 15 pounds of extra muscle he does not need.  Hopefully a few defenders will bounce tonight off him and he won't get petulant when fouled.

That will be the Cannon and Miazga side.
Yeah... noticed that in scienceguys link. Thanks.

Jozy is carrying 15 pounds of extra muscle he does not need.  Hopefully a few defenders will bounce tonight off him and he won't get petulant when fouled.
He still plays like he's little- going down too easily and not winning enough positioning or airballs. 

US players are still pretty bad at the positioning/holding the ball skill...and it's not about size.

That bald Mex dude too...he's impressed me as really consistent and unflappable. I think he's a RB or at least right sided winger...an area I expect to see a bit of CP

As a new soccer fan, one of my favorite things so far is the close-ups with working mics catching players sing their anthems horribly off-key.

When are they ever going to do anything to the Mexican team to get rid of the puto birds? Until they start taking games away, it'll never end.

Jozy playing well early... good distribution, playing physical. Just missed on that bicycle. That strike was weak though :(

Users who are viewing this thread