What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (17 Viewers)

ChuckMe92 Soccer

@ChuckMe92Soccer

Interview of Union Berlin forward Malick Sanogo, born in New York. He was the 2nd-most productive '04 in Germany -- 16 goals & 7 assists -- behind only BVB's Youssoufa Moukoko. Sanogo says "I want to make my debut with the United States national team."
I repeat... who just got injured in the making of that tweet?

From what I understand, there were many other teams that were invited into the initial group that decided to go in a different direction, which is not unexpected given that youth soccer in the US is still highly disjointed.

I don't know if one or more of the NC teams decided to take their own path instead of this trying this new venture.
The most notable would be the quasi-MLS goals of Raleigh's NCFC which has a pretty robust youth setup, but which didn't join.

BassNBrew said:
Well NC certainly got shafted.  4 clubs in the DA, 1 in the new system.

11 in FLA, 2 in NC/SC combined.  Every kid in FLA will be MLS development program and two huge soccer states will have only one option.
Are they joining ECNL?

US Soccer's chief legal officer resigned today after the review was completed of the moronic defense US Soccer made that highlighted that the women were not as good or as strong as the men,

Dortmund are going to be looking for an all out attacking RB soon......Hakimi's agent said that he is going back to Madrid this summer...

Sounds like a perfect spot for Dest..................

If memory serves, he was going to be one of the surprise calls ups by GGG to the last USMNT camp which was cancelled due to the virus

================

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

Defensive midfielder Johnny Cardoso extends his contract until 2022 with Brazilian side Internacional. Cardoso made his pro debut in the Copa Libertadores this season and also has appeared internationally with the US-U23s

No surprise given their embarrassment of riches and the fact that Gio gets picked over him consistently but Dortmund have announced that Mario Gotze will leave the club this summer.

Sargent started and went 63 minutes today for Bremen who got a rare and extremely needed three points today.  From reports it sounds like Sargent played well but had no chances to score.

Tyler Adams subbed in at the 58th minute today.  He went a perfect 28 for 28 in passing. 

It is the second highest amount of passes completed at a 100% rate in RBL's Bundesliga history (5th season now).

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
The busy Bundesliga schedule looks to be helping Uly liked we hoped it would

========

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

Due to the absences of Felix Klaus and Admir Mehmedi, winger Ulysses Llanez will be in Wolfsburg's squad for the 1st time tomorrow in their match vs. Leverkusen

Damn it, I hope this is not true.  Wolfsburg is like the anti Dortmund when it comes to blooding young players

===========

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

There's obviously a lot of excitement about Uly Lllanez today as he's traveling with Wolfsburg and could make his senior team debut, but those close to him tell me that it is probably unlikely that he'll be included in the matchday squad

Gio on the bench for Dortmund. And he likely won't be the first man off it, as Sancho is there as well.
Very quiet sub appearance from Reyna today.  He did not play bad but he had no effect on the game (which is very similar to all the Dortmund subs including Sancho).

15 straight appearances as a sub now.

Very quiet sub appearance from Reyna today.  He did not play bad but he had no effect on the game (which is very similar to all the Dortmund subs including Sancho).

15 straight appearances as a sub now.
Agreed. But nice to see him get put in with the game on the line and the team needing a goal. 3rd sub in

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that is one way to avoid wet and bumpy :(

=====

[Duane Rollins] "Just had an interesting conversation with someone with knowledge of CONCACAF—suggested to me that “several” Caribbean federations are in danger of not being able to fund a World Cup qualifying campaign for 2022."

So we haven't had a meaningful USMNT game since T&T debacle...when is the next one?   
No idea.  Both Concacaf nations league and World Cup qualifying have been pushed off.

We may see a much different looking WCQing than we first anticipated if it gets pushed to next year.

My big worry is that GGG will have no time to become comfortable with the plethora of young talent that may have broken through this calendar year and might just stick with the older players he knows.

I wanted this year to see Gio, Uly, Paxton, Dest and few others all push themselves into the A squad.

what are you thinking?  
I am not thinking anything.  I am just reading rumors that Concacaf may rethink the whole structure, especially if a bunch of countries can't participate due to funds.

The main country a big change would benefit is Canada as they just missed out on the hex.

Last edited by a moderator:
My big worry is that GGG will have no time to become comfortable with the plethora of young talent that may have broken through this calendar year and might just stick with the older players he knows.

I wanted this year to see Gio, Uly, Paxton, Dest and few others all push themselves into the A squad.
I see no reason why Dest wouldn't be on the first team and likely a starter.

I see no reason why Dest wouldn't be on the first team and likely a starter.
well he can play LB fairly competently so I guess that will automatically put him in a good spot to play but I wanted him to show GGG that he could lock down the RB spot (which I am more fearful of in case GGG returns to the idea of Adams at RB).

I would prefer Dest at RB and some one competent at LB but I will take Cannon at RB and Dest at LB until the miracle occurs at LB.

I will take Cannon at RB and Dest at LB until the miracle occurs at LB.
This ain't Brazil where left backs seem to grow on trees.  Not sure why that country produces such consistent quality there compared to other countries. I guess you could say the same for Argentina for attacking midfielders, and Italy for central defenders. Maybe Germany for goalies?

This ain't Brazil where left backs seem to grow on trees.  Not sure why that country produces such consistent quality there compared to other countries. I guess you could say the same for Argentina for attacking midfielders, and Italy for central defenders. Maybe Germany for goalies?
I have said this before but Alphonso Davies would be the absolute perfect fit for the US. 

We would go from below average to near world class at LB instantly and unlike Canada, we can leave him there since we should have plenty of talented wide forwards coming through (Pulisic, Reyna, Uly, Weah etc).

Outside of maybe Haaland at striker, I don't think there is a young player on the planet that could give us such an enormous boost in quality at a specific position as Davies.

I have said this before but Alphonso Davies would be the absolute perfect fit for the US. 

We would go from below average to near world class at LB instantly and unlike Canada, we can leave him there since we should have plenty of talented wide forwards coming through (Pulisic, Reyna, Uly, Weah etc).

Outside of maybe Haaland at striker, I don't think there is a young player on the planet that could give us such an enormous boost in quality at a specific position as Davies.
I'm not sure of too many countries that wouldn't drool over Haaland.  Even Brazil doesn't have a striker like him.

If we're dreaming I wouldn't mind a world class CB and GK as well.  Not ready to give up on the current crop, but it would be nice to have one of each playing in the Big 5 that's not hurt all the time.

"I really have to prepare myself that the next time I put on the U.S. jersey, it's all or nothing, there's no more preparation matches," Adams told ESPN's Taylor Twellman. "It's either you go out there and win or we're not going to another World Cup."

"It's unbelievably odd. For me it's even more odd because I haven't played with the national team in a year. So now as I mentally prepare for it," Adams said.

Adams added: "I think for a lot of guys it's going to be different because you might see guys get called into a [World Cup] qualifier that I've never been into camp [with] before, but you have to find a way to get your best players on the field, so it'll be interesting."

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned
I saw an interesting stat that is making me reconsider my semi MEH thoughts on Weston.

When he was the same age as Weston, Germany Jones had only played three Bundesliga.2 (second tier) games.

Weston has already played in 70 Bundesliga games and 6 Champions League games.

I saw an interesting stat that is making me reconsider my semi MEH thoughts on Weston.

When he was the same age as Weston, Germany Jones had only played three Bundesliga.2 (second tier) games.

Weston has already played in 70 Bundesliga games and 6 Champions League games.
That's a great stat.  Thing is... Swag is pretty Meh right now, but that's ok because he's 21.  I doubt he'll ever become a world beater, but a good, solid midfielder for years is definitely attainable.  The thing about Germany Jones is this...  he didn't have the talent that a guy like Weston does, but he had heart for days.  He worked his ### off.... for club AND country and it showed.  He made big strides in his game throughout his career, so much that he was a better player at 35 than he was at 28 despite not being in his physical prime.  If Weston can show that type of grit and determination then who knows how great of an impact he can make in the American soccer world.

Users who are viewing this thread