What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How to manage 10+ teams? (1 Viewer)

nihsumi

Footballguy
My fist year to manage so many teams and I was hoping for some advice on a way to keep track of all my players on each team. Their ffl stats, who is avail on each league waivers, how to manage weekly start/sit advice, the latest NFL news for my players and others. In the past it was so much work I never wanted more than 3-4 teams to keep track of but I wanted to give it a try seeing so many guys are handling it.

I have run across FantasyPros->MyPlaybook and it looks good but I am having some issues with it. Is there anything else like this you can recommend? or any suggestions on managing multiple teams?

I also thought of tracking the teams via Excel but I am unaware of NFL sites which export weekly stats. I am using Yahoo for the majority of my leagues.

TIA,

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
My fist year to manage so many teams and I was hoping for some advice on a way to keep track of all my players on each team. Their ffl stats, who is avail on each league waivers, how to manage weekly start/sit advice, the latest NFL news for my players and others. In the past it was so much work I never wanted more than 3-4 teams to keep track of but I wanted to give it a try seeing so many guys are handling it.

I have run across FantasyPros->MyPlaybook and it looks good but I am having some issues with it. Is there anything else like this you can recommend? or any suggestions on managing multiple teams?

I also thought of tracking the teams via Excel but I am unaware of NFL sites which export weekly stats. I am using Yahoo for the majority of my leagues.

TIA,

Rob
If you're a FBGs subscriber, then MyFBG is exactly what you're looking for. It lets you import rosters from ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, MFL, or Fleaflicker, automatically tracks the entire league to see who is available on waivers, makes start/sit recommendations, and generally keeps you from falling behind or forgetting something. I ran a quick off-the-cuff estimate last year and figured that, over the course of the entire season, MyFBGs saved me at least 25 hours worth of busywork just trolling the wire to see who was available. Best of all is that it lets you input your league's scoring system and actually tailors its recommendations to that, meaning it'll give you different advice in a TD-only league with no flex than it would give you in a TE-Premium Superflex league.

If you're not a FBGs subscriber, then MyFBG is a great reason to become one. Like I said, it'll pretty easily save you 20 hours of pure busywork every year, and then you get access to all of FBGs other articles, advice, and tools thrown in for good measure.

Here's a link: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/my.php

TIA,

Rob
If you're a FBGs subscriber, then MyFBG is exactly what you're looking for. It lets you import rosters from ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, MFL, or Fleaflicker, automatically tracks the entire league to see who is available on waivers, makes start/sit recommendations, and generally keeps you from falling behind or forgetting something. I ran a quick off-the-cuff estimate last year and figured that, over the course of the entire season, MyFBGs saved me at least 25 hours worth of busywork just trolling the wire to see who was available. Best of all is that it lets you input your league's scoring system and actually tailors its recommendations to that, meaning it'll give you different advice in a TD-only league with no flex than it would give you in a TE-Premium Superflex league.

If you're not a FBGs subscriber, then MyFBG is a great reason to become one. Like I said, it'll pretty easily save you 20 hours of pure busywork every year, and then you get access to all of FBGs other articles, advice, and tools thrown in for good measure.

Co-signed.

You pull up projections, for each league, and every week you get where your players rank (highlighted) and my favorite part is it also highlights free agents in your league.

Such a great feature.

And the 10 second primer in MyFBG in particular pulls everything together into one spot for you.

I'm not sure what the max number of leagues is that you can have in MyFBG though. It might be ten if I'm remembering right? New limit is 50.

TIA,

Rob

Co-signed.

You pull up projections, for each league, and every week you get where your players rank (highlighted) and my favorite part is it also highlights free agents in your league.

Such a great feature.
You can use it with offseason projections, too (or even with the overall redraft/dynasty rankings). I've used it in a couple of my rookie drafts to see if there were any veteran free agents who were being overlooked and I could sneak in and steal during the rookie frenzy.

TIA,

Rob

Any way to sync Football Guys Players Championship teams?

TIA,

Rob

how do you import your leagues?

TIA,

Rob

how do you import your leagues?
It's a 3-step process. This page will walk you through it.

Basically, you need to create a league profile (enter scoring system and basic information, including league name), then you need to import a league, then you need to link the league you imported to the profile you created. Seems confusing at first, but once you've knocked out 1-2 it becomes pretty easy.

1999 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION2000 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2000 Los Hooligans de Futbul Fantasia Mexican League CHAMPION

2001 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2002 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2003 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2004 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2004 Caesar's Palace Million Dollar Fantasy Football World CHAMPION

2005 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2005 National Association of Third Base Coaches Fantasy Football League CHAMPION

2006 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2006 Caesar's Palace Million Dollar Fantasy Football World CHAMPION

2006 Organic Grocers' Fantasy Football Tournament of Champions CHAMPION

2007 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2008 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2008 MGM Grand Hotshots! Fantasy Football Ultimate Warrier CHAMPION

2009 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2009 World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF) CHAMPION

2010 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2010 World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF) CHAMPION

2011 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2012 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2013 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League CHAMPION

2013 Dubai Invitational World Cup of Fantasy Football CHAMPION

2013 National Fantasy Football Championship (NFFC) CHAMPION

2014 North Fulton County Local Fantasy League A+ Yahoo Draft Report Card
I call BS on this guy, I mean, North Fulton county champ 15 years in a row, cmon now...

My first step was to ensure that every league I am in is on the same site. Because I play almost exclusively in dynasty leagues, MFL is my main site.

It makes things quite easy because I can look up a player and see his availability in all of my leagues. Plus, with most of my leagues being dynasty, there isn't as much week to week movement as in smaller redraft leagues with fewer roster spots.

And the 10 second primer in MyFBG in particular pulls everything together into one spot for you.

I'm not sure what the max number of leagues is that you can have in MyFBG though. It might be ten if I'm remembering right?
An FYI, heard back that the number of leagues it handles is being upped to 50.

The Dude said:
10+ leagues - you are turning something fun into labor
I agree. I was gong to suggest that the best way to manage ten teams is to drop eight of them ;)

Greg Russell said:

I'm not sure what the max number of leagues is that you can have in MyFBG though. It might be ten if I'm remembering right?
An FYI, heard back that the number of leagues it handles is being upped to 50.
So I guess I'm just out in the cold on my 51st-57th leagues? ;)

I haven't figured out how to get the myfbg thing to actually work, though I have tried.

I have 10 leagues, though 3 of them are inconsequential, so really, 7. They are all on the same website so that definitely helps.

get a girlfriend should cure things
Having a wife and a girlfriend isn't likely to cure very much

I don't think there's anything out there that can touch MyFBG. It is a little annoying to set up - you can important rosters, but not the scoring system, you have to enter than in manually. Then you have to add the website and connect it to the league profile...takes a bit to get going, but you only have to do that once per league, and after that, it's smooth sailing.

14 dynasty leagues and 2 redrafts is becoming too slow for me. You'd have to pay me to give up my sources.

Okay, how the hell does this MyFBG actually work?

I tried it before with one of my leagues and I apparently have one active and linked, but there's no information about it anywhere and nowhere to click.

I can click edit to change the scoring/roster, or I can click deactivate or I can click unlink, what do I do that is useful for team management??

Okay, how the hell does this MyFBG actually work?

I tried it before with one of my leagues and I apparently have one active and linked, but there's no information about it anywhere and nowhere to click.

I can click edit to change the scoring/roster, or I can click deactivate or I can click unlink, what do I do that is useful for team management??
Go to "View Preseason Projections" in my FBG. Select a position, or just do all players or whatever. There should be a dropdown box with the name of the league you set up. Click "View Projections." The default is Dodds, but you can switch to any of the projectors from another dropdown box, including some guys that just do IDP.

The benefit of MyFBG is that you can see the projections with all of the guys on your roster highlighted in yellow. Very easy way to see how your players are projected to do. Free agents are blue, so it's easy to identify if there's a player available who's projected higher. Also, there's a list of the other teams in your league, and if you click on one of the teams, it will highlight their players in red, so you can easily compare yours vs. theirs if you're working on a trade idea or something.

Once the in-season projections start, you can do this for every week. It's a lot easier than looking at the names on the waiver wire, then trying to find those names on the projections to see how they are expected to do that week. Who is the best bye week TE available? Set the filters, look for the highest blue name. Is there a QB in FA that's projected to do better than my guy this week? Set the filter, see if there's a blue name over your yellow name. Easily double check by switching the filter to a different staff ranker to see if he agrees or thinks maybe there's someone else better.

It might sound relatively minor, but when you play in several leagues, it save a TON of time. Particularly in some of the leagues I'm in with 50 players on a roster, and CB required, etc. This may shock everyone, but I don't do my own personal weekly conerback rankings, so it helps to have them handy this way, lol.

If you find any use in projections at all, even if you don't live/die by them (which I don't) but just like getting input at times, it's just an extremely valuable way to use and apply them in your specific league(s) .

I wish they could have this functionality connected to dynasty rankings as well.
It is. If you're on the dynasty rankings page and you have leagues linked up to MyFBG, right above the dropdown boxes that let you select a position and timeframe should be a box that says "Highlight Players:" followed by a list of your linked leagues. Click on a league, your own players will be highlighted in yellow, free agents will be highlighted in blue, and you can select any other team and have their players get highlighted in pink.

I use it all the time when formulating trades in our staff dynasty league, because I can sort by the other owner's rankings and see how he feels about my players relative to his.

MyFBG is very helpful. 12 teams last year. Saved a lot of time.

That and I spend my lunch during the football season managing my teams. +1 for a workplace that doesn't have any of the main fantasy sites banned. And for having an easy cubicle job.

Users who are viewing this thread