What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we? (1 Viewer)

The fact that “specific items were asked for” by the intruders is no more damning than anything else in the statement. The victim’s statement is either a lie or it’s the truth. If it’s true the whole incident is bad for Shady. If it’s a lie then nothing matters in her statement. 

The fact that “specific items were asked for” by the intruders is no more damning than anything else in the statement. The victim’s statement is either a lie or it’s the truth. If it’s true the whole incident is bad for Shady. If it’s a lie then nothing matters in her statement. 
Yes this. 

This is incredibly damning.  I'm still going to reserve judgment and wait for the police investigation to play out, but Occam's Razor applies here.
We don’t know what happened. Not taking his side and just playing the role of defense lawyer, but all the woman needed to say to really nail McCoy is that the intruder demanded certain items. 

We also don’t know if during the incident the intruder saw her with a bracelet and decided he wanted it. Would demanding the bracelet off of her wrist be targeting certain items?

i would expect a lot more will be investigated and more info will come out eventually. 

The more that I think about it, the more this looks like a setup by her.

If you friend was beaten to this extent, wouldn't your first reaction be to get her to the hospital? ... or at least put some ice in a towel an tend to the blood and such?

Nope ... her friend (who was also assaulted?) has her pose for photos. How exactly does that go down? 

"hold still while I take a photo. No, no, don't touch your face. Don't want to disturb the blood trails." ... "now turn to the left ... oh that's a good one."

I'm looking forward to hearing the truth. Unfortunately it likely wont come out for months or years as we wait for police findings, court dates and such.
Nope. @Dr. Dan is correct it looks like a photo from the ER.

And even if it wasn't, it's probably best not to try and flip the script and start down the path of victim blaming. When the photos were taken is entirely irrelevant to the crime.

And even if it wasn't, it's probably best not to try and flip the script and start down the path of victim blaming. When the photos were taken is entirely irrelevant to the crime.
I've seen way too much baseless (and dangerous) speculation in this thread already.  There's going to be quite a few people going on my ignore list.

The more that I think about it, the more this looks like a setup by her.

If you friend was beaten to this extent, wouldn't your first reaction be to get her to the hospital? ... or at least put some ice in a towel an tend to the blood and such?

Nope ... her friend (who was also assaulted?) has her pose for photos. How exactly does that go down? 

"hold still while I take a photo. No, no, don't touch your face. Don't want to disturb the blood trails." ... "now turn to the left ... oh that's a good one."

I'm looking forward to hearing the truth. Unfortunately it likely wont come out for months or years as we wait for police findings, court dates and such.
thats some outstanding logic

Two things stand out to me.

1.  McCoy switched security cameras so only he had access to the system.  She gets robbed the very night she returned from a trip.

2.  No signs of forced entry.  Either she left s door unlocked(could happen), or this intruder had the means to access the house himself.

These are the two things that are most damning IMO.  The victim’s and McCoy’s statements are nothing right now, but these two situations are what makes McCoy look possibly implicit IMO.

I don't believe in ignore lists. It is important to hear what others are saying, even the fringe elements. Wrapping ourselves in our own personal echo chambers leads to dangerous outcomes.
It's important in certain settings.  I don't need to surround myself with nonsense in a place where I come for competitive advantage.

I've seen way too much baseless (and dangerous) speculation in this thread already.  There's going to be quite a few people going on my ignore list.
I prefaced my initial comment with ... "... anyone with any common sense".

If McCoy is responsible for this ... he would have to be a complete moron. If his motive was to get her out of his house (& get jewelry back that he gifted to her?),

I can't even fathom how he thought this would work. What did he think the end game would be? She hands over the jewelry and decides the neighborhood is too rough and moves out?

He can't really be that dumb ... can he? Which is why I'm having a hard time thinking he could have been part of this. 

Just a matter of time before they catch the guy that did the assaulting. He'll spill the beans on McCoy or her.

And probably should ignore me either way. I'm sure I'm at the top of a few lists with my nonsense.

This is incredibly damning.  I'm still going to reserve judgment and wait for the police investigation to play out, but Occam's Razor applies here.
The initial tweets I saw I was more like "well considering what I've heard in the past this isn't shocking" but then the reports of he was in MIA could be confirmed at 7AM and I was like ok maybe this isn't as bad. But then I heard the above and was more ok this just sounds all too familiar to what happened to a friend of mine in a dispute. Lets me be perfectly clear though. Even if he's cleared of this the dude is still a scumbag. 

I prefaced my initial comment with ... "... anyone with any common sense".

If McCoy is responsible for this ... he would have to be a complete moron. If his motive was to get her out of his house (& get jewelry back that he gifted to her?),

I can't even fathom how he thought this would work. What did he think the end game would be? She hands over the jewelry and decides the neighborhood is too rough and moves out?

He can't really be that dumb ... can he? Which is why I'm having a hard time thinking he could have been part of this. 

Just a matter of time before they catch the guy that did the assaulting. He'll spill the beans on McCoy or her.

And probably should ignore me either way. I'm sure I'm at the top of a few lists with my nonsense.
Frequent hits to the head do seem to have something to do with irrational and violent behavior. It's not proof of anything, but I'm not dismissing any potential activity from McCoy just because it's not something a rational person would do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully expect that he'll go to prison for this and his playing career is over.
Should've already been in prison for assaulting two off duty cops with his "boys" last year. Hollis Thomas a former Eagles DT was on our Sports Radio station WIP which he works for saying he had gotten text from a friend who was at the club. Gave him some damming info on the fight and even was interviewed by cops. The dispute as everyone knows was over a bottle that was ordered. Shady thought it was his but the bottle was the same as the one the two off duty cops got. An argument started and the one cop was ready to say "I'm a cop" in an effort to calm the situation down and say hey you don't want this to be a bigger issue it is but before he could say it I believe Shady sucker punched him. Then like a gang of rabid animals Shady and his crew mauled the two defenseless officers like a street fight. However the DA didn't do his job. No one really knows why or how he got off despite all the evidence blatantly there as well. 

This thing makes no sense.

A man with any common sense would've just let the legal system play itself out. Probably took 3 months to get a court date. Why ef it up the day before?

and if he was willing to do something above the law, would've been smarter of him to change the locks on the doors while she was out of country ... not send a goon in the day she got back.

This strikes me more of a desperate woman, about to face a judge that is going to evict her..

The photo, not cleaned up, still with blood and mess, .... and the friends tweet about his other alleged mistreatment of people / animal. Sure seems concocted and thought out.

If it was her doing, hard to imagine her "guy" doing such a tune on her ... but how desperate was she to stay in that house?

I don't think McCoy will ever play again ... and if it was all her, is a shame.
Like @Dr. Dan said your first mistake is an athlete having common sense especially one like McCoy. 

Is it?  I guess i dont get why asking for the items is so damning.  How specific we talkin here?  And if she was trying to pull some sort of fast one, then wouldnt she go that route just to try and make mccoy look guilty?  Who actually heard/reported these hoodlums asking for these items?
How is it? He was trying to evict her from the house. Usually when that happens especially someone if you are in a relationship with them you sometimes lend them items. You have a right to get those items back if you want if said person is being evicted. The fact he was already trying to evict her doesn't help the fact the house seemed to be targeted specifically here or specific items asked for. Like I said last night given a court case was suppose to be today I believe that sounds like some mafia level scare tactic stuff they use to use on witenesses. 

We don’t know what happened. Not taking his side and just playing the role of defense lawyer, but all the woman needed to say to really nail McCoy is that the intruder demanded certain items. 

We also don’t know if during the incident the intruder saw her with a bracelet and decided he wanted it. Would demanding the bracelet off of her wrist be targeting certain items?

i would expect a lot more will be investigated and more info will come out eventually. 
Technically no because that's something a robber would be asking for to begin with. Specific items would be like you have a safe they already knew about ad asked for a certain item/s in the safe not many people knew were in there already. A person robbing you asked for everything you have on thats worth something especially jewelry. 

Also THEY SHOULD BE TAKING PHOTOS ANYWAY!!! And when I SAY THEY I mean the Victim and her friend. That's got to be documented even if they take photos at the hospital. When I hurt myself at work 2 months ago on instinct while at first icing it was to take photo's for proof of an actual injury before it being cleaned up or anything. It was to keep a documentation for me as well as to give anyone who may need photos later. Same here. You need to document everything. Taking pictures is what you do. Trying to say anything differently we are going down the path of victim blaming and why many of these women who do get assaulted by some scumbag never come out. No different then if they were sexually assaulted. You see all the scumbags blaming the victims which forces them not to say anything. Are there women who take advantage of these guys? yeah I remember the IG model the Houston Texans player was dating and he told her he was splitting up with her. Girl tried to instigate him by clawing, scratching and hitting him in the car hoping he'd hit her and she'd get a nice payday out of it but he showed restraint. However for every IG model or whoever tries to get a fast pay day there's 5 Johnny Manziels or Ray Rice's. Besides its not like McCoy is a saint in the past either so I see no reason why it's not believable this could not have happened. 

I don't believe in ignore lists. It is important to hear what others are saying, even the fringe elements. Wrapping ourselves in our own personal echo chambers leads to dangerous outcomes.
Exactly right now it's a guessing game.  It's terrible what happened but let me be a conspiracy theorist and play detective as facts true or not come out. 

Two things stand out to me.

1.  McCoy switched security cameras so only he had access to the system.  She gets robbed the very night she returned from a trip.

2.  No signs of forced entry.  Either she left s door unlocked(could happen), or this intruder had the means to access the house himself.

These are the two things that are most damning IMO.  The victim’s and McCoy’s statements are nothing right now, but these two situations are what makes McCoy look possibly implicit IMO.
Those two are pretty daming and if McCoy isn't at least a person of Interest at this point these cops aren't doing their job. These two things are clear signs the house was targeted specifically. Happened the same night she returns from vacation and theres no forced entry? That to me looks like someone was hired for this. 

Those two are pretty daming and if McCoy isn't at least a person of Interest at this point these cops aren't doing their job. These two things are clear signs the house was targeted specifically. Happened the same night she returns from vacation and theres no forced entry? That to me looks like someone was hired for this. 
We don't know if she even is on a tenant agreement, he's the landlord.  I don't understand why it's taken a year to evict her from HIS house.  I also saw her instagram from 5 days ago where she was talking about an "ex trying to get her back"  Maybe McCoy was trying to get back with her or maybe she was staging her posts while on vacation.

We don't know if she even is on a tenant agreement, he's the landlord.  I don't understand why it's taken a year to evict her from HIS house.  I also saw her instagram from 5 days ago where she was talking about an "ex trying to get her back"  Maybe McCoy was trying to get back with her or maybe she was staging her posts while on vacation.
Laws differ in states but in Georgia you don't need a tenant agreement, she would be considered a "tenant at will" and it requires a court order to evict her. Now a year is more than ample time for this but maybe not the eviction avenue he chose to take.

Plus he allegedly does not just want to evict her, he wants some stuff he gave her back. Indian giving also requires a court order.

Haven't followed this much but have they found the suspects?  If so one of them will rat McCoy out if he was involved.  
Depends on how many people get asked, McCoy seems to know A LOT of people. Phone records and security footage of that street will be vital.  From there who knows if they can pin point it on somebody and how willing they'd be to take a Plea deal lower to give up McCoy's name etc. Again assuming McCoy sent someone with a key demanding specific items.

Posted on another site, seems like a pretty accurate representation of what happened here:

1. McCoy paid for the house
2. McCoy allowed her and her son to live there
3. The relationship soured
4. He wanted her gone
5. She refused to leave
6. He had an attorney or someone who has POA start eviction proceedings
7. He was frustrated by the time it was taking
8. He replaced the security system so he could have total control.
9. Because of having to wait, he wanted the bling back that he bought her
10. He told one of his boys exactly what he wanted back and directed him to get the items
11. We don’t know if he directed his guy to beat the crap out of her or if this guy just lost his temper when she wouldn’t surrender the items
12. That won’t matter in a court of law when they assess McCoy’s guilt. Sending him to enter the house is more than enough to put McCoy away.

How is it? He was trying to evict her from the house. Usually when that happens especially someone if you are in a relationship with them you sometimes lend them items. You have a right to get those items back if you want if said person is being evicted. The fact he was already trying to evict her doesn't help the fact the house seemed to be targeted specifically here or specific items asked for. Like I said last night given a court case was suppose to be today I believe that sounds like some mafia level scare tactic stuff they use to use on witenesses. 
She was scheduled to be in court the next morning. Not sure if McCoy had to show or not.  The timing is crazy.  You'd have to be pretty stupid to send someone the day prior, when you already went the legal process to obtain your belongings and house back.

Posted on another site, seems like a pretty accurate representation of what happened here:

4. He wanted her gone
5. She refused to leave
7. He was frustrated by the time it was taking. She gets scared about the court date
8. He replaced the security system so he could have total control. She hires someone to come in and make it look like a robbery for the items McCoy is looking for
9. Because of having to wait, he wanted the bling back that he bought her Hired Hand mistakes amount of damage being done
10. He told one of his boys exactly what he wanted back and directed him to get the items. McCoy actually has nothing to do with the situation
11. We don’t know if he directed his guy to beat the crap out of her or if this guy just lost his temper when she wouldn’t surrender the items 
12. That won’t matter in a court of law when they assess McCoy’s guilt. Sending him to enter the house is more than enough to put McCoy away.

4. He wanted her gone
5. She refused to leave
7. He was frustrated by the time it was taking
8. He replaced the security system so he could have total control.
9. Because of having to wait, he wanted the bling back that he bought her
10. He told one of his boys exactly what he wanted back and directed him to get the items
That all seems plausible but I would find it odd timing that he would be frustrated with the pace and yet wait all the way till the eve of the court date to take this action, he was nearing the finish line.  I guess it's plausible to think he assumed he'd prevail in court, win the eviction, but wanted to get some of his stuff returned before the eviction took place.

ETA- since she was on the verge of facing eviction it went down like the post above this one outlined.

So we have no idea.

7 is probably true, but also isn't evidence of anything

8 He replaced the security system.  the rest of this point is speculation

9, 10, 11 total speculation

The conclusion in 12 is based on all the speculation so not relevant at this point.

She was scheduled to be in court the next morning. Not sure if McCoy had to show or not.  The timing is crazy.  You'd have to be pretty stupid to send someone the day prior, when you already went the legal process to obtain your belongings and house back.
No one ever said he was smart. Also this is a tactic the mafia and certain gangs use to scare off key witnesses and such before trial even a day or so before. Said person doesn't show up they get off sometimes. 

Re; The lack of evidence to support forced entry

Is it possible she knew him and willingly let him in?

Is it possible they alleged intruder and the woman are working together? Seems likely enough that if she was a crazy person, that she would also be willing to let a guy pistol whip her.

Just seems very weird to me that all this abuse was allegedly going on, against the child and at least one animal, that there isn't more evidence to point to from past events (yet*). However, the g/f didnt even break this news, so maybe she is legit terrified and her friend posted for fear of her safety.

Obviously its possible he gained entry in some way with means provided by McCoy also, which seems to be the most likely scenario at this point.

McCoy and her have been in an off again on again relationship. I don't know specifics but from people in the know I've heard (Mostly talk from my co workers son who hears things from players who speak to Shady still) its one of those complicated relationships. Seems theres always issues between the two. Girl seems like she isn't the type to do something just for a quick payday though from guys who met her. 

That all seems plausible but I would find it odd timing that he would be frustrated with the pace and yet wait all the way till the eve of the court date to take this action, he was nearing the finish line.  I guess it's plausible to think he assumed he'd prevail in court, win the eviction, but wanted to get some of his stuff returned before the eviction took place.

ETA- since she was on the verge of facing eviction it went down like the post above this one outlined.

So we have no idea.
Seems like he gave her a gift before OTA's and then she was away on a trip.  His 30th B-day is coming up, a few days prior she had a post saying it's pathetic her "ex" wants her back. McCoy was at a wedding all weekend and training with Frank Gore. So maybe he was still trying to get her back and she kept shutting him down. 

Is it possible they alleged intruder and the woman are working together? Seems likely enough that if she was a crazy person, that she would also be willing to let a guy pistol whip her.

Just seems very weird to me that all this abuse was allegedly going on, against the child and at least one animal, that there isn't more evidence to point to from past events (yet*). However, the g/f didnt even break this news, so maybe she is legit terrified and her friend posted for fear of her safety.

Obviously its possible he gained entry in some way with means provided by McCoy also, which seems to be the most likely scenario at this point.
McCoy's ex wife has already stated the accusations on their child is false.  The victim's friend shouldn't have added in child, steroids, and animal abuse randomly in there with a picture of abuse. I'd assume if he was on steroids he would have got caught in his 10+ years.

That all seems more like a list of Victim blaming then anything else the list. Sounds more like someone is afraid of losing shady on their fantasy team. 

McCoy's ex wife has already stated the accusations on their child is false.  The victim's friend shouldn't have added in child, steroids, and animal abuse randomly in there with a picture of abuse. I'd assume if he was on steroids he would have got caught in his 10+ years.
These are good points, and if you can get past the pic (which is hard to justify to yourself that a human treated another that way), the post her friend made makes this look like such a vindictive action and a shakedown. Especially since you know he was regularly tested most likely and hasnt been suspended or even accused of it previously.

Could've known each other and dude may have associated with McCoy. Maybe after he was let in he was part of the intrusion? Very possible. They say most home invasions like this happen because the victims and the robber know each other in some way. 

Once I find out someone is crazy, stupid, or delusional I find it best to move on. 
I understand that logic. But if we have learned nothing else over the past couple years it is foolish and dangerous to be unaware of what others are saying/thinking.  Regardless of how obviously insane they may seem to you.

That all seems more like a list of Victim blaming then anything else the list. Sounds more like someone is afraid of losing shady on their fantasy team. 
But you were ok with the initial list that cast guilt on McCoy? You did not seem to disagree with any of those possible premises. I don't know if he is guilty of what is being charged anymore then if we know is she is a victim.

And FWIW I personally not only don't own him on a single fantasy team in any format but I've had him labeled as my non-injury bust of the year. If I gain anything by McCoy playing it's that he pushes a player down a spot to me in drafts.

PED's all depend on what he's taking. Could be something that the NFL testing doesn't detect yet or he uses some masking agent thats more advanced. McCoy's ex wife which I think is also the mother of his child has sued him in the past for not paying child support. Also this is the first I'm hearing about McCoy ever being married. I don't think they ever were and a simple google search of McCoy wife turns up nothing. Also Cordon caught him with an escort a few yrs ago. 

But you were ok with the initial list that cast guilt on McCoy? You did not seem to disagree with any of those possible premises. I don't know if he is guilty of what is being charged anymore then if we know is she is a victim.

And FWIW I personally not only don't own him on a single fantasy team in any format but I've had him labeled as my non-injury bust of the year. If I gain anything by McCoy playing it's that he pushes a player down a spot to me in drafts.
This, I'm a Bills fan, the Bills were a 6 win team in Vegas prior to this story and it doesn't change much more than 5.5 if suspended, and he was sliding down fantasy draft boards because his age and revamped offensive line anyways. I'm strictly here to see both sides and how it could be McCoy sending someone, someone trying to prove their worth to McCoy or the women trying to stage something for $$ and spotlight.

Take steroids?
Most take some sort of PED. Some get caught while others don't. A lot of guys take stuff for pain instead of what is prescribed so they don't get addicted and this is why theres a fight among athletes for Medical cannibas to be legalized for athletes with a prescription. It's been proven less harmful and more effective dealing with pain. 

More so based on what this guy has done in the past I won't put it past him doing this. I'm also sick and tired of numerous Fans and people in general trying to defend some of these scumbags. This is why when DV happens you see a lot of women never come forward. This is why the METOO movement is happening because people are victim shamed for it especially when the accusations happen to be a famous person. Considering the stories I've heard about the guy he's a real scumbag. He's also inappropriately handled women and degraded them before. Not in a way like this but he treats women more like property then anything else. I don't want to get off topic but he should've been in jail already for beating up the cops in Philly. This is why our justice system needs to be revamped in a big way. 

Users who are viewing this thread