What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Merged Spygate thread (2 Viewers)

it'll be washed all right... white washed
Well, if that is true then I object loudly.  I'm hoping that isn't the case here.  I'm hoping the truth comes out one way or another.  I just find it hard to believe the Patriots care enough about the damn Bengals to film them.  That is how I feel.  The witch hunt is a lot like the Trump witch hunt, it has no merit.

assuming you personally dont get the chance to review the complete video, what would it take to convince you? at this point it's a report citing someone who witnessed the filming and video. 
And it's almost positive that that somebody is the person who started this whole thing and ended up getting the league involved, so I think we need to admit that they are invested in their own POV that led to them reporting this in the first place, without any context at the time. That person is not likely to back off on the thought process that made them report it now that it's caused a huge stir, right? 

Not saying they can't be right--just saying it's not surprising the guy who reported this believes there was a reason to report it--that kinda goes without saying and he is obviously Russini's source here.

Well, if that is true then I object loudly.  I'm hoping that isn't the case here.  I'm hoping the truth comes out one way or another.  I just find it hard to believe the Patriots care enough about the damn Bengals to film them.  I
They have lost 3 out of 5.

And in their two wins they scored 13 and 17.

That's a horrible excuse you made for them.

"why the bengals" one may ask...

Astros have been leading the scandal news and Patriots couldnt stand being the bridesmaid any longer

You think the Patriots like to be in the news for scandals? That's preposterous unless you're just trying to get a reaction in here.

And it's almost positive that that somebody is the person who started this whole thing and ended up getting the league involved, so I think we need to admit that they are invested in their own POV that led to them reporting this in the first place, without any context at the time. That person is not likely to back off on the thought process that made them report it now that it's caused a huge stir, right? 

Not saying they can't be right--just saying it's not surprising the guy who reported this believes there was a reason to report it--that kinda goes without saying and he is obviously Russini's source here.
Bengals heard "advance scout" and never heard of that term. immediately suspicious 

Well, if that is true then I object loudly.  I'm hoping that isn't the case here.  I'm hoping the truth comes out one way or another.  I just find it hard to believe the Patriots care enough about the damn Bengals to film them.  That is how I feel.  The witch hunt is a lot like the Trump witch hunt, it has no merit.
You've gotta keep your political opinions way way out of and separate from your football opinions man. I know it's hard to turn off. 

Bengals heard "advance scout" and never heard of that term. immediately suspicious 

I also saw this tweet and really enjoyed it. Still can't believe how small their scouting staff is and that they basically just draft off of generic ESPN BPA every year and generally it's actually kept them mediocre, somehow. 

I also saw this tweet and really enjoyed it. Still can't believe how small their scouting staff is and that they basically just draft off of generic ESPN BPA every year and generally it's actually kept them mediocre, somehow. 
lol someone beat me to it on twitter?? of course. probably happened 2 seconds after the news broke too. day late and a dollar short

You do realize this entire forum is based on people being overly predictive? Particularly in regards to the NFL. Yes?

It's what we do here
Maybe, but I learned over the years not convict until there is evidence to convict.  I would love it if the Patriots did something illegal again.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize this entire forum is based on people being overly predictive? Particularly in regards to the NFL. Yes?

It's what we do here
It's funny, because my personal reason for waiting has to do with my own equilibrium rather than as a recommendation for others. I want zealous people informing me on the boards, weeks early. Total agreement and it's very keeping the spirit of things, IMO. Others and mods might not, but the unwritten and predictive (especially trending statistics) are what makes this board tick.  

Maybe, but I learned over the years not convict until there is evidence to convict.
I appreciate your agreement with how I'm going to deal with it, but there's a larger question. 

Who cares what you or I think about convicting in our heads? We are in no position of authority to make anything happen. We don't have to be jurors. We're not tabulae rasae.  

I'm waiting for another team to come forward and say they used the same "filming a day in the life of advanced scout" excuse on them too.

I appreciate your agreement with how I'm going to deal with it, but there's a larger question. 

Who cares what you or I think about convicting in our heads? We are in no position of authority to make anything happen. We don't have to be jurors. We're not tabula rasas.  
That doesn't mean we automatically convict because of past actions.  Let's wait until the truth comes out.

I think I'll just start calling him Horde and hope he writes a single about the vacuity of money with respect to musical endeavors.  
Ok, you lost me on that one.  Less Blanton's, or in your case, less Jim Beam or Early Times, or God forbid, less Jack Daniels (not allowed in my house by anyone).

Ok, you lost me on that one.  Less Blanton's.
Yeah, I just threw it out there. I'm thinking of Leroy Hoard's name and his thanking and thinking of my comments, and then I'm thinking of Lorde of pop songstress fame, whose single "Royals" became a freakishly smash hit in 2013. It was about the economic disconnect felt between fans and those they idolize in the music industry. It was, in my estimation, a banger. Love Lorde.  

She's no Leroy Hoard, though.  

Blanton's? If that's an alcoholic beverage, I'm actually sober. Or if you're telling me you're having it, then...

:banned: , GB

Yeah, I just threw it out there. I'm thinking of Leroy Hoard's name and his thanking and thinking of my comments, and then I'm thinking of Lorde of pop songstress fame, whose single "Royals" became a freakishly smash hit in 2013. It was about the economic disconnect felt between fans and those they idolize in the music industry. It was, in my estimation, a banger. Love Lorde.  

She's no Leroy Hoard, though.  

Blanton's? If that's an alcoholic beverage, I'm actually sober. Or if you're telling me you're having it, then...

:banned: , GB
Blanton's is the best bourbon on the planet if you don't have enough money for Pappy Van Winkle.

Well, as a Ky boy and someone who loves his bourbon, I know these things.
Gotcha. As a Northerner who likes his alcohol clear and his Southern women plausible, I can understand a regional touch in the glass, a regional touch in the ###.  

And I'll show my way out to the Gi'nts thread.  

Gotcha. As a Northerner who likes his alcohol clear and his Southern women plausible, I can understand a regional touch in the glass, a regional touch in the ###.  

And I'll show my way out to the Gi'nts thread.  
I've lived in Minnesota for the last 20 years but when I go to Andy's Liquor and they have Blanton's, I buy it for $59.95 a fifth.  They don't even put it on their shelf, but they do know me and what I want.  Last week they said we have a bottle of Blanton's, do you want it?  I can't say no.  Last year I went back to my hometown in Lexington, Ky and my wife set us up with a birthday dinner at the OBC Kitchen.  I had a flight, one being Pappy Van Winkle,, and I'm telling you right now if I had a fifth of that I would be hard pressed to share it with anyone.   It was that good.  My redneck friends asked me, "is that really worth the price?", I said, Ben, yes it was.  I went to a party here in Minnesota and my best friend asked me how I felt about that experience.  I said it was like making love to the most beautiful women in the world and I said it in front of my wife of 20 years.

Maybe, but I learned over the years not convict until there is evidence to convict.  I would love it if the Patriots did something illegal again.
I didnt convict.

I simply said if you and me were in charge of the Patriots... we only do this if it gives an advantage. Which you didnt argue.

You then called me a witch hunter killkillkill.

So now the Patriots are admitting that they taped the Bengals sideline but are claiming that it was a part of the organization “unrelated to football operations”. 

Ok, sure. 

So at first it was that they were just taping an interview and a piece on a team advance scout. Then when it was clear that the league has their tape of them taping the Bengals sideline for an entire quarter the story changed and of course it was just some rogue film crew taping the Bengals sideline during the game and had nothing to do with cheating.

So now the Patriots are admitting that they taped the Bengals sideline but are claiming that it was a part of the organization “unrelated to football operations”. 

Ok, sure. 

So at first it was that they were just taping an interview and a piece on a team advance scout. Then when it was clear that the league has their tape of them taping the Bengals sideline for an entire quarter the story changed and of course it was just some rogue film crew taping the Bengals sideline during the game and had nothing to do with cheating.
The press box in Cleveland is on the visitors side of the field. 

The team acknowledged in a statement released Monday night a production crew filming a "Do Your Job" feature at the game in Cleveland on advance scouting didn’t inform the Bengals or the league about their video shoot, and also that "without specific knowledge of league rules inappropriately filmed the field from the press box.

Do they really expect us to believe that someone working in the video department for this team didn't know this rule?

Ok, sure. 

absolutely correct. If you read Belichick's quotes on this thing, it is basically "we don't deal with that department of our organization" or "we've never seen the videos that the production department does". Why, if the piece is supposed to be on the advanced scout as the Patriots say, is the camera pointed at Bengals coaches and staff during the entirety of the first quarter. And why, when approached by Bengals security, does the cameraman ask if he can just delete the footage so everything can be forgotten.

Where there's smoke there's fire

absolutely correct. If you read Belichick's quotes on this thing, it is basically "we don't deal with that department of our organization" or "we've never seen the videos that the production department does". Why, if the piece is supposed to be on the advanced scout as the Patriots say, is the camera pointed at Bengals coaches and staff during the entirety of the first quarter. And why, when approached by Bengals security, does the cameraman ask if he can just delete the footage so everything can be forgotten.

Where there's smoke there's fire
Sometimes there’s smoke but no fire 

The team acknowledged in a statement released Monday night a production crew filming a "Do Your Job" feature at the game in Cleveland on advance scouting didn’t inform the Bengals or the league about their video shoot, and also that "without specific knowledge of league rules inappropriately filmed the field from the press box.

Do they really expect us to believe that someone working in the video department for this team didn't know this rule?
Lol

The Patriot way™

Anyway, sounds like a riveting documentary may have been in the making. 

Users who are viewing this thread