What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Carey is wrong - every time (1 Viewer)

He stutters and stammers through every sentence too. No way this guy keeps his job next year. Horrible answer to Pereira, who is actually capable of translating his explanation from his brain to his mouth.

He stutters and stammers through every sentence too. No way this guy keeps his job next year. Horrible answer to Pereira, who is actually capable of translating his explanation from his brain to his mouth.
I absolutely cannot tolerate Pereira. He comes off as a complete pompous ### and even when the refs get it wrong he just talks in circles never admitting it (this was more when he was in charge of officiating and would be on NFLN and official review).

Was going to post the same thing. It's pretty funny actually. Probably one of the most entertaining aspects of Thursday night football. I say keep him on and get him even more involved.

Amazing how even the tenured expert refs have absolutely no idea what the rules are or how to interpret them. Keep it up, NFL. :thumbup:

Amazing how even the tenured expert refs have absolutely no idea what the rules are or how to interpret them. Keep it up, NFL. :thumbup:
The real question is who is getting it wrong, him or the current refs.
They tried to justify the ball moving when it wasnt, Carey is not just wrong he tries to defend himself against video evidence which is not only bad because he cant see it but because everyone else can and he still is tries.

The real question is who is getting it wrong, him or the current refs.
They tried to justify the ball moving when it wasnt, Carey is not just wrong he tries to defend himself against video evidence which is not only bad because he cant see it but because everyone else can and he still is tries.
I thought the ball was moving. And being that they ruled it a fumble on the field, I didn't see enough to overturn it. That said, I've learned that you never truly know how these refs are seeing things so I thought Carey was ridiculous when, just seconds before the ref announced the ruling, he stated something to the effect of "that ball is moving and this fumble with absolutely be confirmed."

Other than for comedy, he's a terrible addition to the broadcast.

He's pretty much always wrong but as others have pointed out the real issue is that he's a stuttering Stanley who sounds awful/awkward on the air. He'll be one and done.

I can't believe they overturned the ruling on the field with that.

I am completely behind using review to get the call right because that is most important, but:

Grigs Allmoon said:
So much would be solved if they'd just look up "indisputable" in the dictionary. It seems like folks in this thread are pretty close to 50/50. That's a pretty clear indication of this being disputable.

Last edited by a moderator:
KellysHeroes said:
I rather them wait until the call is made and then go to Carey
He'd be 100% right then, if time allowed for him to say it.

A blind person can see that Edelman's TD will be reversed -- the ball clearly hit the ground.

But let's throw it to Mike Carey for confirmation!!!

They seem to be going to Carey AFTER the call is made today unless it's a really obvious one. Much better strategy.

FreeBaGeL said:
They seem to be going to Carey AFTER the call is made today unless it's a really obvious one. Much better strategy.
That strategy is still not as good as not going to him at all, though.

Donnybrook said:
I known that Mike Pereira was 0 for 2 today for the replay calls in the Vikings game.
He was? The one interception could not be overturned with the video, which was exactly what he said and the call on the field stood. What was the second one? I remember he also said the unnecessary roughness call on Smith was a bad call, which is obviously was.

Users who are viewing this thread