What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (1 Viewer)

Why would anyone not be concerned by Hunt?  He’s the better back and the new coach has no loyalties to either.  

if hunt got hurt tomorrow, Chubb would maybe move up a couple notches.  If Chubb got hurt, Hunt is drafted in top 5 rbs

acquired in dynasty trade.  none of us know what's going to happen.  Stefanski has never been a HC.  educated guess says cook/matteson split, but they're different players on a different team.  I hope he pans out this year, but really who knows.

I know not the right place for this but looking for feedback...appreciate the leeway!

in dynasty PPR, would you trade Chubb for Dobbins + Justin Jefferson?

Chubbs carries did not waiver one iota last year once Hunt came back. Gets 20 carries no matter what. An elite first round talent. Powerful. Explosive. Goal line. Drafted Chubb late 1st without hesitation. 

Looks like he was benched after the fumble. Ughhh. The browns looked terrible. Chubb looked really good the first half....... 

I know Cleveland clearly believes in Hunt, they signed and stood by him off an awful incident and extend him and not Chubb, why would you tie yourself up with two running backs?  Get something for Chubb.

As it stands, terrible messaging to reward Hunt last year and this year as compares to a guy who isn't a total scumbag and is a comprable if not superior talent.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like he was benched after the fumble. Ughhh. The browns looked terrible. Chubb looked really good the first half....... 
I dunno. I think it was just game script. Getting blown out. The fumble was at the end of a great 10 yard or so run where he fought for extra yardage. 

Nick Chubb rushed 10 times for 60 yards in the Browns' Week 1 loss to the Ravens.

Chubb started the game strong with an 11 yard run on the first play and a reception two plays later. Things quickly went downhill for him as Kareem Hunt ate into his carries and rendered him a non-factor in the passing game for the rest of the match. Hunt even earned more carries than Chubb on top of being the pass-catching back. This was partly due to the Browns playing nearly the entire game from behind but is concerning for his fantasy outlook. Chubb took a handful of snaps out wide but was not targeted on any of them. He played just over half of the Browns snaps. He remains a low-end RB1 for now but the presence of Hunt could push him into the RB2 territory if the Browns are consistently losing.

- Rotoworld

What concerns me is that from when Hunt returned in week 10 on last year Chubb 103.8 pts. & Hunt 101.6 pts. in PPR.

Then Cleveland extends Hunt in the off season. Hunt also get the bulk of the receiving work which is magnified when playing from behind as much as they do.

Benched? Nah. Game was over, so save him for another week. 
I'd agree with this. The Ravens are arguably the best team in the NFL, I'm not expecting the Browns to be down 20+ every week.

Chubb is still a top-10 RB in my eyes. Hunt is somewhere in the 20's, as this team is going to run a lot. They were actually having a ton of success even against the Ravens, but just got away from it. 

Smack Tripper said:
I know Cleveland clearly believes in Hunt, they signed and stood by him off an awful incident and extend him and not Chubb, why would you tie yourself up with two running backs?  Get something for Chubb.

As it stands, terrible messaging to reward Hunt last year and this year as compares to a guy who isn't a total scumbag and is a comprable if not superior talent.  
Drafted rookie contracts cannot be altered/extended until after a player complete’s their third season.

He wasn’t benched for the fumble lol. Hunt fumbled inside the 5 as well just got lucky to get it back. He’s susceptible to game script severely hurting his touches and giving him a low floor. The Ravens are really really good. Brighter days ahead.

Week 2

Chubb - 23 touches - 26.3 PPR Points
Hunt - 12 touches - 25.9 PPR Points
Depends on the league. Ours is 5 point bonus for over 100/non PPR. 29-21. As a Chubb owner I’m OK with this. As long as he gets his attempts he’ll be fine. If I was the coach I’d use Hunt too. After Chubb wears em down 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Depends on the league. Ours is 5 point bonus for over 100/non PPR. 29-21. As a Chubb owner I’m OK with this. As long as he gets his attempts he’ll be fine. If I was the coach I’d use Hunt too. After Chubb wears em down 
Factor that in in opportunity cost, in that scoring system I'd expect Chubb costs a late 1st/early 2nd and Hunt a late 5th/early 6th. I still think the value is with Hunt.

Nice little night. Even w the load split he definitely earned his starting spot. I can't really worry about Hunt at this point as I don't own him, but do own Chubb and I'm happy. 

Based on what we saw late last year and early this year, Chubb will be used as 2-down RB that needs the right game script in order to produce like a RB1.  Based on that, I would feel comfortable starting him these weeks: 3, 7, 11, 12, 15, 16.

The Browns are still not a good football team so I would not feel comfortable starting Chubb these weeks: 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, 14, 17.

Good luck!

Anyone trying to move him off last night?  
Pit week 6 and Balt week 14..... other then that the schedule doesn’t look too bad. I think it’s pretty clear that as long as the game script doesn’t get outta hand he will get fed and be effective. Good o line and great runner. 

Based on what we saw late last year and early this year, Chubb will be used as 2-down RB that needs the right game script in order to produce like a RB1.  Based on that, I would feel comfortable starting him these weeks: 3, 7, 11, 12, 15, 16.

The Browns are still not a good football team so I would not feel comfortable starting Chubb these weeks: 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, 14, 17.

Good luck!
Not sure Dallas (4), Indy (5), LV (8), Hou (10), Ten (13) were me too much based on what we know/saw from week 1. 

gonna hope most of us dont have the super bowl in week 17 

Over the first two weeks, Chubb is the guy when the outcome is in doubt. When they were getting killed week 1, Hunt was in. When they were up big vs. Cincy, Hunt was in. When Cincy closed cap, Chubb was back in. 

It may cap his ceiling, but he's the workhorse thus far.

He looked the part last night and he was clearly option 1 in the redzone.  Hunt had 44/1 on the very last drive of the game.  After Chubb ran for 30 on the first two plays.  I feel pretty good about plugging him in every week based on what I saw.

Factor that in in opportunity cost, in that scoring system I'd expect Chubb costs a late 1st/early 2nd and Hunt a late 5th/early 6th. I still think the value is with Hunt.
Draft Value is irrelevent at this point.  Once the draft is over, where you took the guy is irrelevant. 

Draft Value is irrelevent at this point.  Once the draft is over, where you took the guy is irrelevant. 
Draft value is irrelevant, but draft capital affects what the rest of your roster looks like. Playing Chubb as potentially your RB1 might feel uneasy, but playing Hunt as your RB2 or FLEX must feel really good right now.

He looked the part last night and he was clearly option 1 in the redzone.  Hunt had 44/1 on the very last drive of the game.  After Chubb ran for 30 on the first two plays.  I feel pretty good about plugging him in every week based on what I saw.
This, I kept expecting Stefanski to give Hunt a few drives to himself but that never happened until the very end.  Again, gamescript has a lot to do with it..... but if Baker can get his head out of his ### this team is dripping with offensive talent and the O-line is better then last year.

For you, sure. It's a different prism for the people evaluating their own players.

:P

Shockingly few people understand Sunk Cost never changes.
It is still irrelevant when evaluating your own team.  You can revisit to say you should have taken someone else because they have played better and try and learn from the situations for future drafts.  However, it is irrelevant to figuring out who to play moving forward.  As you said it is a sunk cost and does nothing for you to dwell on it or use it for anything meaningful.

One of the worst things in trade negotiations is when someone won't make a trade because they used a 1st round pick on player x so they can't trade him for player y taken in the 10th round even though that guy is outperforming the first round guy.

One of the worst things in trade negotiations is when someone won't make a trade because they used a 1st round pick on player x so they can't trade him for player y taken in the 10th round even though that guy is outperforming the first round guy.
Yep, and that's the only point I was making. you understand SC, most folks do not.

Draft value is irrelevant, but draft capital affects what the rest of your roster looks like. Playing Chubb as potentially your RB1 might feel uneasy, but playing Hunt as your RB2 or FLEX must feel really good right now.
But draft capital is still irrelevant because you might have a 7th rounder performing like a 1st rounder so now you can use Chubb as a flex play.   Once the draft is over, your team is it what it is.  If a high pick is underperforming don't get caught up in holding on just because he was a high pick.  Don't compound the bad pick by using the draft slot to continue with poor results.

But draft capital is still irrelevant because you might have a 7th rounder performing like a 1st rounder so now you can use Chubb as a flex play.   Once the draft is over, your team is it what it is.  If a high pick is underperforming don't get caught up in holding on just because he was a high pick.  Don't compound the bad pick by using the draft slot to continue with poor results.
I don't disagree with anything above. I think we're talking about two different things.

Nick Chubb rushed 19 times for 108 yards and two touchdowns in the Browns' Week 3 win over the Football Team, adding one reception for two yards.   

The Browns chipped away at the Washington front seven, which lost DE Chase Young to a first half groin injury. Chubb shed arm tackles throughout the second half, busting a couple long runs, including a 25-yard touchdown. Cleveland makes no secret of its desire to run at any cost. When game script is on their side, Chubb and Kareem Hunt are going to get ample opportunity. Chubb gets a good Week 4 matchup against the Cowboys. 

Sep 27, 2020, 4:03 PM ET

Connective tissue damage feared, MRI tomorrow

edit: It could also, or instead, be a high ankle sprain based on the video, but I believe the Browns initially had him pegged as out with a knee injury. Looks MCL, maybe ACL, or maybe *just* a knee sprain

Connective tissue damage feared, MRI tomorrow

edit: It could also, or instead, be a high ankle sprain based on the video, but I believe the Browns initially had him pegged as out with a knee injury. Looks MCL, maybe ACL, or maybe *just* a knee sprain
I've watched it about 10 times now, and I can't imagine that is an ACL injury, it looked nothing of the sort. It didn't even look like a knee injury, looked more ankle or calf.

PFT said the Browns don't think its a major injury, at least not a season ender, but obviously an MRI will show more. I'm gonna be optimistic here. Frankly after losing Barkley, Sutton, Newton, Lazard, Akers, Lindsay, and Goedert(how the hell am I 3-1?)I'm due for some positive news.

Doubly sucks because the way he was playing and the way Dallas was tackling 200 rushing yards was very much on the table today. 

I've watched it about 10 times now, and I can't imagine that is an ACL injury, it looked nothing of the sort. It didn't even look like a knee injury, looked more ankle or calf.

PFT said the Browns don't think its a major injury, at least not a season ender, but obviously an MRI will show more. I'm gonna be optimistic here. Frankly after losing Barkley, Sutton, Newton, Lazard, Akers, Lindsay, and Goedert(how the hell am I 3-1?)I'm due for some positive news.

Doubly sucks because the way he was playing and the way Dallas was tackling 200 rushing yards was very much on the table today. 
The knee rotated in a way that gets at the mcl, and pushing the lower leg forward relative to the thigh bone can get the ACL - that is the same motion the ACL prevents. Not your typical ACL, no, and I would be surprised to hear it’s affected tomorrow, but I’ve seen similar plays that went ACL. Initially I was thinking calf muscle/Achilles 

It definitely looked like the ankle is what was rolled up but he immediately grabbed at his knee which is what worries me.

It definitely looked like the ankle is what was rolled up but he immediately grabbed at his knee which is what worries me.
Yep, that was my concern as well. If he didn’t grab his knee I would have thought just a couple week ankle thing. I feel like my season is waiting on that MRI. Too many other injuries already. 

dr chao said knee sprain by video review. sounds like could be 1-2 weeks. could have been worse. they arent going to give hunt 20 carries (i dont think) so perhaps new d johnson is worth a look

Users who are viewing this thread