What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (3 Viewers)

So not ready for the start of the season...going to make for some tough decisions.
Likely not back to mid-year, at the earliest.
Likely on a pitch count and eased in over time. You’ll have to wait until 2025 for any potential return to form, and that’s iffy.

I’d hold, only because he’s an an absolute low in trade value right now.

$15,825,000 cap hit next season, with only $4 million in dead cap. It’s not only Chubb’s fantasy owners that will have a tough decision to make. He’ll be in his age 30 season in 2025 and that’s also when he’s a free agent.

I’m rooting for Chubb to make the comeback but it’s going to be tough.

Jeremy Fowler reports that "the #Browns reduced his salary cap hit from $15.85M to $6.275M".

He would've counted $4M against the cap if he'd been cut (from past bonuses), so that means Chubb's basically getting a 1-year $2.3M deal for 2024, with incentives that can increase that a lot.

Jeremy Fowler reports that "the #Browns reduced his salary cap hit from $15.85M to $6.275M".

He would've counted $4M against the cap if he'd been cut (from past bonuses), so that means Chubb's basically getting a 1-year $2.3M deal for 2024, with incentives that can increase that a lot.
This does not sound correct. How much money is Chubb actually making this year without incentives ? I doubt he is only getting $2.3 Million.

This does not sound correct. How much money is Chubb actually making this year without incentives ? I doubt he is only getting $2.3 Million.
I think he's making $7.75m if you don't count the $4M signing as part of this year pay. He can also pick up another $25K for every game he's active.

I think short version is he took a $4m pay reduction from his $11.75m base. Then they converted most of that $7.75 to bonus and added void years to spread out the cap hit.

But in real life terms, he's picking up $7.75M plus $25K per game for playing this year for the Browns vs not or hitting the open market looking for a new deal.

He's been arguably the best runner in the NFL for pretty much his entire career. Even if he lost 2 steps, he's still a starting caliber RB, and its possible he's a freak who maybe only loses a little bit coming back.

I think RB2 production is very much on the table for 2024, and I wouldn't be shocked if he was ready (for a more limited role to start) week 1.

He's going to win some leagues.
He's one of those guys I won't pay more than a 3rd round rookie pick for, but you may be right. His injury was severe however. I hate rostering guys the next year coming off a major injury.
I would probably pay a bit more than that, I've already made tentative enquiries to the Chubb owner as to what pick would get it done having a slew of late 2nds in the event I don't like what is on the board

He's going to win some leagues.
He's one of those guys I won't pay more than a 3rd round rookie pick for, but you may be right. His injury was severe however. I hate rostering guys the next year coming off a major injury.
I would probably pay a bit more than that, I've already made tentative enquiries to the Chubb owner as to what pick would get it done having a slew of late 2nds in the event I don't like what is on the board
I have Chubb in 1 league and would not trade him for a late 2nd. If that's what people are willing to pay, it's more worth it to just keep him.

I think he's making $7.75m if you don't count the $4M signing as part of this year pay. He can also pick up another $25K for every game he's active.

I think short version is he took a $4m pay reduction from his $11.75m base. Then they converted most of that $7.75 to bonus and added void years to spread out the cap hit.

But in real life terms, he's picking up $7.75M plus $25K per game for playing this year for the Browns vs not or hitting the open market looking for a new deal.
I want to say that I stand corrected and ZWK was giving us good info. I blame the Jackson guy who writes for The Athletic and reported that Chubb only took a $4M pay cut. He was wrong and by default me to.

He took a $9.5m pay cut, his pay not counting previous paid out bonus or incentives he can earn bask is only $2.275m.

I wouldn't expect him back until later in the season.
What Terry Pluto is hearing about Nick Chubb's contract
As a Browns fan, I'd much rather see him back much later in the year with fresh legs for a playoff run and I'm thinking/hoping the front office is thinking the same way.
I think Foreman was sneaky great signing and could give them that power RB option if Chubb is out. I think he's a sizeable upgrade from Jerome Ford/Kareem Hunt. Both the Bears and Panthers were better when he was getting 15+ carries.

Users who are viewing this thread