What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (4 Viewers)

Just leave that troll alone and let him go away.
Because I don't sing from the same hymnal, I'm a troll? Grow some thicker skin friendo.
No Colts thread for you to share your wisdom? You've already shared how much football knowledge you have with your age comment.
I'll leave you lovable fans to yourself. Enjoy your pursuit of another trophy to add to the case. Oh wait...
Bye now Enjoy Gore and Andre Johnson. Bwahahaha

Quick, name that last RB to have a great year following a season with 400+ touches. Go!
I'll play. Terrell Davis in 1997 had 411 touches, following season he ran for over 2000 yards. Not sure if he's the last one, but it's a good one.

Edit: Plus he added another 150 touches that year in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I don't sing from the same hymnal, I'm a troll? Grow some thicker skin friendo.
No Colts thread for you to share your wisdom? You've already shared how much football knowledge you have with your age comment.
I'll leave you lovable fans to yourself. Enjoy your pursuit of another trophy to add to the case. Oh wait...
Bye now Enjoy Gore and Andre Johnson. Bwahahaha
lol

Different method, same result.
Hey, it must be really hard rooting for a team that sucked enough in the right years to get 2 #1 picks when they were all time great QB prospects out there, and one lived up to his potential and one appears to be on his way to living up to his potential. And all that has gotten you is 1 Superbowl win?But go ahead, bash on the Eagles and their fans. We can take it.

BTW, with Grigson on board, the Colts are slowly becoming Eagles East (Herremans, Cole).
A) 1 Superbowl win trupms zero

B) I'm not bashing the fans or the Eagles, I'm bashing control freak and power tripper CK. I feel for the fans.

C) On my map, Indy is West of Philly ;)
Good luck with all the senior citizens you guys are bringing in. If it were 2009, you guys would be considered front runners.
Yea, I dunno, I think a 19 year old Andrew Luck would take them out of consideration.

Quick, name that last RB to have a great year following a season with 400+ touches. Go!
You counting postseason carries?
Regular season. And to add, Murray has exactly 450 touches last season.
Ladainian Tomlinson in 2002 had 451 touches. The next season he rushed for 1645 yards-13 TDs and had 100 receptions.
Thanks!
Is there a year cap now?

Hmmm, Terell Davis and Ladanian Tomlinson. Pizzatyme makes a good point. I'd hate for Murray to follow up his season like they did. :excited:

this link explains him pretty well: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/725499-the-internet-a-collection-of-worthless-trolls/

Both Mathews and Murray makes for a great backfield. Offers security for injuries and limits both guys upside for fantasy purposes.

They're actually 5 months apart.

Murray just turned 27 last month. I knew McCoy was 26, which is why I said 1 year, buy Shady will be 27 in July.

All of which only makes my original point stronger.
Murray is old as hell. 400 plus touches last year will reveal as much this year!
Career touches:

McCoy: 1,761

Murray: 1,105

While the 400+ touches last season is concerning (+ injury history), McCoy has much more wear and tear
That seems to help your point until you realize that the reason Murray has so many fewer touches is because he has missed 21 games due to injury.

Honestly, I think it's possible that the Eagles sold low on McCoy and bought high on Murray. When you look at their careers as a whole, last year seems more like the outlier for each guy than the expected.

I certainly enjoy Bob Magaw joining in the fun but we used to have 2 resident Eagle fan mods that would post here regularly. Then McNabb & Reid were shown the door and not much posting since.

:missing:

So if Murrays is breaking down it looks like we covered our ###.

Top 2 RB in rush yards from the gun last year I believe.
I think this is the key. McCoy complained about running out of the shotgun. Fine, you don't like it go to Buffalo. Chip got the guys who fit his system.
Howie must have had to deal with a LOT these past few years.

I just watched Private Parts last night and I imagine Howie running around like Pig Vomit trying to stop Chip

So if Murrays is breaking down it looks like we covered our ###.

Top 2 RB in rush yards from the gun last year I believe.
I think this is the key. McCoy complained about running out of the shotgun. Fine, you don't like it go to Buffalo. Chip got the guys who fit his system.
Howie must have had to deal with a LOT these past few years.

I just watched Private Parts last night and I imagine Howie running around like Pig Vomit trying to stop Chip
:lmao:

Now I have that image of Paul Giamatti.

Philadelphia has always done a great job managing the cap under Howie, so far be it from me to play 'armchair beancounter.'

The extremely run-heavy offense I saw Chip roll out in 2013? It didn't quite click in 2014 with numerous O-line injuries. But, with Peters - Tobin - Kelce - Barbre - Johnson (possibly add a G in place of Tobin/Barbre via draft or FA still) how exciting is a Murray/Mathews/Sproles backfield?!?!

Murray and Mathews excel out of the shotgun. Both will fit really well in the spread formations. Sproles is dynamite in space, as a reciever, and on returns. Plenty of ways to rotate and keep them fresh.

Very excited about an upgraded LB and CB corps and this rushing attack. Still have the draft to address S, OLine, and WR.

Loving this, for the most part. And gotta say this has been a whole lotta fun to follow day by day!

Most. Awesome. Free. Agent. Frenzy. EVER!!!
Sit back and enjoy the ride, Chip's driving. Don't know if we'll crash and burn but the ride sure is fun!
Evel Knievel with a rocket bus, getting ready to launch over the Snake River.And a Muhammad Ali, Antonio Inoki boxing/wrestling rematch as our in-flight entertainment.

It's a football freak show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Murray just turned 27 last month. I knew McCoy was 26, which is why I said 1 year, buy Shady will be 27 in July.

Murray is old as hell. 400 plus touches last year will reveal as much this year!
Career touches:

While the 400+ touches last season is concerning (+ injury history), McCoy has much more wear and tear
That seems to help your point until you realize that the reason Murray has so many fewer touches is because he has missed 21 games due to injury.

Honestly, I think it's possible that the Eagles sold low on McCoy and bought high on Murray. When you look at their careers as a whole, last year seems more like the outlier for each guy than the expected.
21 games? Where are you getting that number - i count 11 in 4 years (vs 5 for McCoy)

Career touches:

21 games? Where are you getting that number - i count 11 in 4 years (vs 5 for McCoy)
Fat fingered it.

He was hobbled in a lot more too though.

Users who are viewing this thread