What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (7 Viewers)

So who are our top 3 here?
Byron Jones, Jake Fisher, Perriman if Andy doesn't take him. Ray / Gregory would be value if you can be sure they're not the next Josh Gordon. TJ Clemmings maybe?
Have a feeling it's Jones, is that early for him?

Saw Perriman interviewed earlier, poor guy has the balding dreadlock look.

Hope we don't get HaHA Clinton-Dicked like last year and scramble for a nobody.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Agholor compares favorably to Jeremy Maclin, so the pick makes plenty of sense. Versatile, smart, elusive. Wouldn't have been at 52.

@Jeff_McLane: Nelson Agholor was one of the WR targets many thought #Eagles would be interested in. He's 6-0, 198 pounds, ran a 4.42 40 at the combine.

@caplannfl: #Eagles worked out Agholor, were all over him in pre-draft process. Will be interesting to see where they line him up. Very explosive WR.

@evansilva: Maclin: 6'0/198, 4.48, 10' broad jump, 35 1/2" vert, 7.06 3 cone

Agholor: 6'0/198, 4.42, 10'5 broad jump, 36 1/2" vert, 6.83 3 cone

#Eagles

@GeoffMosherCSN: #Eagles will take Nelson Agholor
Knew they liked him, wasn't sure he would go this high. Like getting a WR.
I'm not crazy about it. Looking just at the WRs there's a need, but both Ertz and Sproles were highly under utilized last year. I don't hate the player, but I don't see anything really physically special about him and I think there will be players pretty close to this ability still there in a round or 2. I would have prefered CB or OL.

Edit: I think the overall performance on D could make a big jump with 2 above average CBs, which would give the O so many more opportunities.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a Giants guy

@JordanRaanan: Chip Kelly had Odell Beckham as his top receiver last year. Instead he gets player someone told me was this year's Beckham, Nelson Agholor.

@EliotShorrParks: Some scouts thought Agholor was the 2nd best WR in the draft. A potential steal at No. 20. #Eagles

@MattLombardo975: Agholor is effectively a clone of Randall Cobb or Jeremy Maclin. Versatility to play both inside and outside. #Eagles

@Jeff_McLane: #Eagles took gholor w/ WRs Breshad Perriman, Jaelen Strong, CB Byron Jones, S Landon Collins, OLB Bud Dupree, OL DJ Humphries on the board.

@PFF_NateJahnke: Last year Nelson Agholor had 100+ yards on screens, slants, outs, crossing routes, hitches and post routes.

@MikeClayNFL: Agholor lined up in the slot 53% of the time last year. That's a lot for a top college receiver. Another good poss. receiver for Bradford.

@ZBerm: Oregon offered Agholor a scholarship out of high school in Tampa, so Chip Kelly has a history with him.

@LesBowen: I don't dislike the pick, but I will say, if you'd kept Maclin, you wouldn't have to draft him again, could have taken a corner or OL at 20.

@CollinsworthNBC: Nelson Agholar is a star. I'm so happy production and heart won the day in Philly. Chip Kelly trusted the tape, @PFF @NBCSports

@smartfootball: INelson Agholor was my 4th best WR. Needs more power in game, but physical traits were a 98% match with Reggie Wayne http://t.co/FMkGcmw406

@Jeff_McLane: Nelson Agholor was born in Nigeria and moved to the U.S. when he was 5. Was a team captain at SC.

@PFF_NateJahnke: Nelson Agholor had 17 players miss tackles on him; tied for 4th most among draft eligible power 5 WRs

@adbrandt: Eagles wouldn't go past $10M a year for Maclin, who got $11M from KC. Agholar will make about $8.5M over four years.

@Jeff_McLane: Some evaluators say Nelson Agholor could step in and start right away. Jordan Matthews, Riley Cooper, Josh Huff top 3 WRs right now.

@BuckyBrooks: Nelson Agholor could put up big #'s in @Eagles offense. Polished rt. runner. Explosive RAC skills & dynamic returner. WR2 who grows into WR1

My understanding is that Chip was not aware of the Tennessee Titans being a team in the NFL until it was just brought up to him by a reporter.

@Jeff_McLane: Chip Kelly said that he didn't offer players for the Titans' No. 2 pick, only picks. Looked at the house, but never got out of the car.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip: Maclin probably more of a downfield threat than Agholor, but Agholor more versatile, inside and outside. Also "dyanmic" punt returner.

I wanted Perriman but I understand why he wasn't an option. You're not going to just learn how to catch at this level. Sounds like DHB
I would have preferred a different position, but if you're going to take a WR, then pick one with some special characteristics. Don't see a lot of reason to project him as being more than just a solid starter. Now that he's on the team though I hope I'm wrong.

I wanted Perriman but I understand why he wasn't an option. You're not going to just learn how to catch at this level. Sounds like DHB
I would have preferred a different position, but if you're going to take a WR, then pick one with some special characteristics. Don't see a lot of reason to project him as being more than just a solid starter. Now that he's on the team though I hope I'm wrong.
I don't know that a guy like Reggie Wayne had something special. This kid had very solid combine numbers all around, great production and seems (according to Chip) to have a Matthews like work ethics and enthusiasm for the game. So far Chip has really maximized what he got from his WR's so far. Out of Huff, Matthews and Agholor one, maybe 2 will shine. But I'm someone who believes in Bradford.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread