What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 DISCUSSION THREAD (1 Viewer)

6.16 Reaper - Joe Flacco QB15 BAL

7.01 Reaper - Colin Kaepernick QB16 SFF

4.16 Reaper - Joique Bell RB22 DET

5.01 Reaper - Isaiah Crowell RB23 CLE

9.01 Reaper - Shane Vereen RB34 NEP

10.16 Reaper - Charles Sims RB51 TBB

12.16 Reaper - Bryce Brown RB61 BUF

2.16 Reaper - Emmanuel Sanders WR14 DEN

3.01 Reaper - Brandon Marshall WR15 CHI

8.16 Reaper - Percy Harvin WR48 NYJ

11.01 Reaper - Greg Jennings WR59 MIN

13.01 Reaper - Andrew Hawkins WR74 CLE

19.01 Reaper - Marlon Brown WR94 BAL

1.01 Reaper - Rob Gronkowski - TE1 NEP

18.16 Reaper - Timothy Wright TE33 NEP

Last edited by a moderator:
11.11 Vernon Davis TE 49ers
I'm trying to figure out how much money you could have won from me if you had bet me twelve months ago that Vernon Davis would be healthy, wouldn't have retired, and would still be the 25th TE off the board in the 2015 WSLs.
Davis had a horrible 2014 season no doubt, but just the year before in 2013 he was a top 5 TE. I doubt he will be a top 5 TE this season, however if he can get somewhere around the top 12+ then he could end up being a real good pick-up here in the 11th round. With a new coaching staff who knows maybe he will get back on track. Well worth the shot in the 11th round.
whats always disappointed me about Davis is he doesn't have the "throw me the mutha ####### ball" attitude....he just kind of goes through the motions, even in his big year.....he has the skill set to be a dominating player in my mind but he just seems to settle for that.....if he had the bad ### attitude, and pushed himself to be better, it seems like he could make it to where the QB would be looking at him as the first option, to where he almost had to throw it to him because he was working fools....he needs a little dose of Dez, Moss, TO,....same with Jared Cook.....guys have the skill set to be huge matchup problems, but don't take it to the next level....

Russell Wilson QB8 6.06

Alex Smith QB24 KC 7.11

Carlos Hyde RB14 SF 3.11

Jerick McKinnon RB28 MN 5.11

Jay Ajayi RB44 ROOKIE 10.06

Antonio Brown WR2 PIT 1.11

A.J. Green WR8 CIN 2.06

Jarvis Landry WR28 MIA 4.06

Marques Colston WR53 NO 9.11

Dwayne Bowe WR67 KC 12.06

Charles Clay TE17 MIA 8.06

Vernon Davis TE25 SF 11.11

Since I last posted I added Jay Ajayi, Vernon Davis, Marques Colston, and Dwayne Bowe.

I needed a third RB so I decided to grab Jay Ajayi. I have him third on my rookie RB last behind Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon. He has a balanced skill set as a ballcarrier and receiver. With this being a PPR league Ajayi ability to catch the ball was attractive to me.

Vernon Davis had a horrible season this past season there is no arguing that. However, the year before he finished top 5 at the TE position. I'm hoping that he will return to at least top 12 TE status. Maybe with the coaching change they will make a effort to get him more involved in the passing game.

I also added a couple of veteran WR's in Marques Colston and Dwayne Bowe. Marques Colston may not put up the yards and TD's like he did in years past but he is still good for a few big scoring weeks. There is talk that Dwayne Bowe could be cut because of his high salary. If so maybe with a little luck Bowe will land in a WR friendly environment and actually get a few TD's.

Was 4 picks away with three defenses I wanted. Then you all took Baltimore, Philly and New England. SF should be alright but was hoping one of those 3 would fall.

Russell Wilson QB8 6.06

Alex Smith QB24 KC 7.11

Carlos Hyde RB14 SF 3.11

David Cobb RB63 ROOKIE 13.11

A.J. Green WR8 CIN 2.06

Jaelen Strong WR82 ROOKIE 14.06

Cam Newton QB7 CAR

Blake Bortles QB25 JAC

Jeremy Hill RB10 CIN

Tre Mason RB16 STL

Chris Ivory RB43 NYJ

Damien William RB64 MIA

Demaryius Thomas WR3 FA

Sammy Watkins WR21 BUF

Donte Moncrief WR37 IND

Justin Hunter WR63 TEN

Justin Blackmon WR66 JAX

Brian Quick WR81 STL

Kyle Rudolph TE16 MIN

Jace Amaro TE22 NYJ

[SIZE=medium]QB – Matt Ryan 6.04 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB1 – Justin Forsett 5.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB2 – C.J. Spiller 8.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB3 – Khiry Robinson 10.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR1 – Julio Jones 1.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR2 – Jordy Nelson 2.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR3 – Golden Tate 3.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR4 – Rueben Randle 9.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR5 – James Jones 11.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR6 – Malcom Floyd 13.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE1 – Martellus Bennett 4.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE2 – Zach Ertz 7.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE3 – Richard Rodgers 12.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]PK1 – Dan Bailey 15.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]PK2 – Blair Walsh 16.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]DST1 – Buffalo Bills[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It is probably obvious, but my draft strategy was to focus on receivers, both WRs and TEs, while also looking for dropping value. I was hopeful of getting a top running back in either the first or second round and then wait and assemble a few late running backs to comprise the RBBC members of my squad. All of the RBs that I wanted and a couple more were gone before my first pick, so I was hopeful of getting Arian Foster at 2.4. Norseman nabbed him the pick before mine so I gladly took Jordy Nelson. Still did not see value at RB with my next pick and considered Bennett, Golden Tate and Edelman, but went with Tate and was pleasantly surprised to get Bennett at 4.4. Almost immediately after that pick, the RBs were flying off the board and I had to get my first at 5.13. Needless to say several I thought might still be there were long gone and I was happy to get Justin Forsett, who I hope signs a deal with the Ravens where he was an excellent fit in 2014. Lots of hope in that pick after waiting so long for RBs. We as a group were very patient with QBs and that fit in my early round plan. After Rodgers, Luck, Brees and Peyton Manning went in the first 38 picks, none were taken until Roethlisberger at 5.14. I had my choice of several and went with Matt Ryan, who has been a steady solid producer over his career, averaging about 4,640 yards passing and 27 TDs over the past three seasons and not missing a game since 2009. I correctly nabbed a QB at the right time as 20 were taken (counting Ryan) before my next pick. I had decided to follow along and take a 2nd[/SIZE] QB, but nothing was left. I went back to the focus on receivers and added Ertz. The next round, I saw value in C. J. Spiller, who prior to last season had been productive in the passing game and as a runner. Hoping that he is healthier next year and plays a solid role wherever he lands. My second running back and again without a contract for 2015. Down the line, I selected players that I liked and thought had fallen without consideration of position. At this point, I am very solid at WR and TE, which was my goal, have nice depth at PK with Bailey and Walsh, got a solid young DST in Buffalo, and have one good QB. I have no depth behind Ryan and my running back squad has to be among the least valued in our WSL, but all three are decent receivers out of the backfield, even though K. Robinson doesn’t have the statistics to prove it. I will be surprised if Ingram doesn’t take a better offer than the Saints are willing to pay and leaves New Orleans, perhaps giving Robinson a chance at more playing time.

Past 2 rounds I've passed on Amendola for D & K but was grabbing him this round. I think this is going to be a huge bargain for Fresh Prince

HellToupee said:
Past 2 rounds I've passed on Amendola for D & K but was grabbing him this round. I think this is going to be a huge bargain for Fresh Prince
It will be interesting to see what happens with Amendola this offseason. He finally looked liked the Amendola from STL this postseason, but it would not be surprising if he were to be released in the coming months. His PPR upside was worth a flier this late in a deep draft.

Russell Wilson QB8 6.06

Alex Smith QB24 KC 7.11

Carlos Hyde RB14 SF 3.11

A.J. Green WR8 CIN 2.06

Adam Vinatieri PK4 IND 15.11

Kai Forbath PK25 WAS 17.11

Jacksonville Jaguars D/ST23 16.06

Tampa Bay Buccaneers D/ST26 18.06

Added two kickers and two defenses the past 4 rounds. Boring but necessary.

Tom Brady QB9 NEP

Carson Palmer QB23 ARZ

Marshawn Lynch RB7 SEA

Jonathan Stewart RB27 CAR

Bishop Sankey RB32 TEN

Lorenzo Taliaferro RB55 BAL

TY Hilton WR9 IND

Brandon Cooks WR20 NOS

Allen Robinson WR29 JAC

Cordarrelle Patterson WR 57 MIN

Marvin Jones WR68 CIN

Harry Douglas WR89 ATL

Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE21 TBB

Scott Chandler

Steve Hauschka PK3 SEA

Shaun Suisham PK11 PIT

St Louis Rams DST2 STL

Cincinatti Bengals DST5 CIN

WSL2

QB - Ben Roethlisburger

Zach Mettenberger

RB - Arian Foster

Andre Ellington

Rashard Jennings

TJ Yeldon

WR - Odell Beckham Jr.

Julian Edelman

Kendall Wright

Eddie Royal

Mohamed Sanu

Duron Carter

TE - Delaine Walker

Coby Fleener

DEF - Houston Texans

NY Giants

K - Dan Carpenter

Conner Barth

Two picks to go

QB - Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez, EJ Manuel

RB - Matt Forte, CJ Anderson, Denard Robinson, Ronnie Hillman

WR - Jordan Matthews, Mike Wallace, Andre Johnson, Doug Baldwin, Markus Wheaton, Marquess Wilson

TE - Antonio Gates, Heath Miller

D - Baltimore, New Orleans

K - Josh Brown, Robbie Gould

This is my second time doing one of these, so I'm still finding my footing, but definitely an improvement over my last place team two years ago. My biggest mistake was not going QB in RD 5, where I would have gotten in early on the epic QB run, and knowing that all it netted me was Andre Johnson makes it sting even more. It had a huge effect on the later rounds of my draft, and I still ended up with 3 people who are far from guaranteed starting jobs next year. Not getting Ball to handcuff to Anderson hurt, so I'm strongly relying on this year's trends extending to next year.

My team is built on a foundation of reliable veterans, which I think may give me some safety early on, but probably will prevent me from being a serious threat to win it all. Matthews was my biggest upside pick, but getting him in the 3rd mitigated a lot of that upside.

Still enjoyed the exercise, and it showed me how much I need to deepen my player knowledge, as I really didn't have a strong grasp once it got past round 12.

QB - Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez, EJ Manuel

RB - Matt Forte, CJ Anderson, Denard Robinson, Ronnie Hillman

WR - Jordan Matthews, Mike Wallace, Andre Johnson, Doug Baldwin, Markus Wheaton, Marquess Wilson

TE - Antonio Gates, Heath Miller

D - Baltimore, New Orleans

K - Josh Brown, Robbie Gould

This is my second time doing one of these, so I'm still finding my footing, but definitely an improvement over my last place team two years ago. My biggest mistake was not going QB in RD 5, where I would have gotten in early on the epic QB run, and knowing that all it netted me was Andre Johnson makes it sting even more. It had a huge effect on the later rounds of my draft, and I still ended up with 3 people who are far from guaranteed starting jobs next year. Not getting Ball to handcuff to Anderson hurt, so I'm strongly relying on this year's trends extending to next year.

My team is built on a foundation of reliable veterans, which I think may give me some safety early on, but probably will prevent me from being a serious threat to win it all. Matthews was my biggest upside pick, but getting him in the 3rd mitigated a lot of that upside.

Still enjoyed the exercise, and it showed me how much I need to deepen my player knowledge, as I really didn't have a strong grasp once it got past round 12.
looks like you are short one player - at least if my count of 19 is correct

[SIZE=medium]QB – Matt Ryan 6.04 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB1 – Justin Forsett 5.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB2 – C.J. Spiller 8.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB3 – Khiry Robinson 10.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB4 - Benny Cunningham 19.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB5 - Dexter McCluster 20.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR1 – Julio Jones 1.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR2 – Jordy Nelson 2.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR3 – Golden Tate 3.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR4 – Rueben Randle 9.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR5 – James Jones 11.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR6 – Malcom Floyd 13.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR7 - Tavon Austin 18.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE1 – Martellus Bennett 4.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE2 – Zach Ertz 7.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE3 – Richard Rodgers 12.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]PK1 – Dan Bailey 15.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]PK2 – Blair Walsh 16.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]DST1 - Buffalo Bills 14.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]DST2 - New York Jets 17.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Fairly solid team with below average running backs and solo quarterback. Took Matt Ryan as the 6th QB early in round 6 and by the time it got back to me, 19 more had been taken. I just don't trust Winston or Mariota enough to take them in the 8th round so didn't mind passing them at 7.13. Decided to wait until late and compare/consider Geno Smith and EJ Manuel, but they went in the 13th round to teams that each already had two QBs. Those two picks may have been a solid strategy for FFWiseGuy and Catbird as I decided at that point to go solo. Hoping that the Falcons have an early bye week and Ryan remains injury free. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Really like my trio of tight ends (Bennett, Ertz, and Rodgers) and believe I have among the top wide receivers in our league (Julio Jones, Nelson, Golden Tate, Randle, James Jones, M. Floyd, and Tavon Austin). Will need consistent top level production from those four scores and a solid injury free campaign from Ryan to hang with you guys.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I enjoyed the draft and appreciate everyone staying involved so that it moved fairly well the entire time. Hope everyone has a good off-season and come back here for more survivors.[/SIZE]

Russell Wilson QB8 6.06

Alex Smith QB24 KC 7.11

Carlos Hyde RB14 SF 3.11

Javorius Allen RB75 ROOKIE 20.06

A.J. Green WR8 CIN 2.06

Tyler Lockett WR96 ROOKIE 19.11

I like my QB's, WR's, TE's and PK's. My defenses aren't the greatest but at least I have two. My Biggest question mark though is my RB core. There is a lot of question marks there with two second year guys in Hyde and McKinnon. Both are dependent on the guys in front of them Gore and Peterson moving on, if that doesn't happen my RB core will be a mess and I will probably be a quick out. My other three RB's are rookies. So who knows if they will be drafted into a good situation or not. Hopefully one or two of them are.

Russell Wilson QB8 6.06

Alex Smith QB24 KC 7.11

Carlos Hyde RB14 SF 3.11

A.J. Green WR8 CIN 2.06

I like my QB's, WR's, TE's and PK's. My defenses aren't the greatest but at least I have two. My Biggest question mark though is my RB core. There is a lot of question marks there with two second year guys in Hyde and McKinnon. Both are dependent on the guys in front of them Gore and Peterson moving on, if that doesn't happen my RB core will be a mess and I will probably be a quick out. My other three RB's are rookies. So who knows if they will be drafted into a good situation or not. Hopefully one or two of them are.
One of the best teams IMO. Obviously RB is the weakest with significant risk but your plan looks like it could pay off there.

You're strong enough elsewhere to make it for a while even if you don't have any lead RBs.

SH - you kind of got screwed at QB, that could hurt big time.

Russell Wilson QB8 6.06

Alex Smith QB24 KC 7.11

Carlos Hyde RB14 SF 3.11

A.J. Green WR8 CIN 2.06

One of the best teams IMO. Obviously RB is the weakest with significant risk but your plan looks like it could pay off there.

You're strong enough elsewhere to make it for a while even if you don't have any lead RBs.

SH - you kind of got screwed at QB, that could hurt big time.
haven't looked at all the teams since I'm not in this league......but I'd give QB a pretty solid rating.....RB's has to be an F at this point, but that could change dramatically.....and IMO (since I know nothing of the rooks and who knows where they end up and what their roll will be) getting a WR3 score each week could be dicey.....little surprised by the love Landry has been getting in these although he is being drafted right around where he finished last year, still seems a little high to me for some reason, I may need to revisit that....Bowe may get cut and actually end up somewhere better, but overall he is fading with Colston....took a quick look and I see what IMO are some higher upside guys that could have been taken in each of the rounds that Colston/Bowe were drafted 9/12 and the rounds in between....I only say that cause with Brown/Green on board, could have maybe rolled the dice a little on some younger possible big week best ball guys.....(maybe strong and Lockette are those guys, I don't know)....TE's meh in a 2PPR league....Davis is dead to me but will still be drafted on name recognition and I guess you could do worse at TE25.....just :2cents:

QB - Ben Roethlisburger

Zach Mettenberger

Ryan Mallett

RB - Arian Foster

Andre Ellington

Rashard Jennings

TJ Yeldon

Matt Asiada

WR - Odell Beckham Jr.

Julian Edelman

Kendall Wright

Eddie Royal

Mohamed Sanu

Duron Carter

TE - Delaine Walker

Coby Fleener

DEF - Houston Texans

NY Giants

K - Dan Carpenter

Conner Barth

Thought Big Ben was good value at the end of the 5th. Considered doubling up at QB in the 6th, but was pretty sure a serviceable QB would still be there in the 7th. (Bridgewater, Smith or Palmer) Wrong. Wasn't ready for one of the rookies so I waited until the 16th & 19th for two QBs who have a decent chance to be their teams starting QB. Really wish I would have taken one in the 6th. Might have been a little overkill taking Mallett, but thought he was the best value and kept him from other teams.

Was considering CJ Anderson in the 2nd but went "safer" with Foster. Ellington seems to be good value as the 16th RB off the board. Jennings in the 10th, the probable starter in NY could be a steal. Should have taken Ameer Abdullah in the 11th instead of Sanu. Hope Yeldon does better than recent Alabama Rbs. Asiata could be a steal if Peterson doesn't return to Minnesota. (I sure hope he does return)

OBJ went earlier in both of the other drafts. I predict in the PDSLs & SSLs he will go even earlier. Edelman is usually underrated. Wright, Royal, and Sanu should make a good WR3 by committee. Luck can improve any WRs number, and hopefully Duron got some of his fathers talent.

The Walker/FleenerTE combo should give me top 5 production as both finished top 10 last year.

Houston was 2nd last year and if Clowney can get back they could improve next year. Giants won the SB in 2007 and 2011 so this should be their year again.

Carpenter and Barth are a great combo (for kickers). Not sure why the number one K by average fell to 28th K off the board. (Yeah I know, small sample size)

Overall pretty satisfied. Good draft everyone.

Tony Romo 6.12
Jay Cutler 7.05

B+

What's there to say other than these are two low level QB1 or high QB2 types, Cutler is inconsistent but I hope that changes somewhat. He has enough offensive weapons to work with and should put up a few nice games. QBBC for sure, just hope Romo stays healthy and has good games when Cutler doesn't.

Eddie Lacy 1.05
Alfred Morris 4.12

Andre Williams 9.05
Frank Gore 10.12

B

Going only 4 deep might be a mistake, almost took another in round 20 but didn't see the true upside there. Four solid guys who aren't very involved in the passing game, although Lacy should get between 40-50 receptions, more if Cobb leaves. Gore is the wildcard here, good enough to start in 2015 but is old for a RB with Hyde behind him ready to take over.

DeAndre Hopkins 2.12
Torrey Smith 5.05

Davante Adams 8.12
Stedman Bailey 11.05
Marqise Lee 13.05
Sammie Coates 16.12
Allen Hurns 17.05

B-

I went against my own philosophy here as I thought value dropped. Usually I don't like to take WRs with crappy QBs but here, aside from Adams, none are guaranteed to have a good QB (though I do think Smith stays in Baltimore). The Jags receivers and Coates could make this an interesting group. Coates could be a complete bust but the raw talent is there for some big game, depending where he lands.

Travis Kelce 3.05
Jared Cook 12.12

Virgil Green 20.12

A-

Admittedly, I'm probably bigger on this group than most will be. Cook is solid for 50/600/5 (and that's with poor QB play), which as the 27th TE taken, yet a safe bet for top 20 production, I'll take it. Jared has gone from overvalued in previous years due to raw potential to undervalued IMO. Virgil is a wildcard. Wanted Dion Sims here (seems a few of us did) but Green could find himself in a really good position in September. Or he might not, which is why he was the 40th TE taken.

Cody Parkey 15.05
Ryan Succop 18.12

B-

Two kickers, one on a high scoring offense, the other not.

49ers D/ST 14.12
Falcons D/ST 19.11

B

Two defenses, one consistently in the top 10, the other not.
Overall, like most, I'm satisfied with the team. Not too many things I'd change with the benefit of hindsight. Maybe wait on TE1 which probably would have been Witten at 4.12 (maybe having taken Hyde at 3.05) but that's a close call. Maybe Cobb over Hopkins but I have Cobb elsewhere and like Hopkins. Maybe Helu over Coates. But nothing I'll kick myself over. The structure of the team isn't my ideal - prefer my WRs to have better QBs and be safer bets, but I like every one of these guys.

Final Roster

6.13 Ryan Tannehill

7.04 Andy Dalton

Didn't quite miss out on the QB run and ended up with 2 who may be ok from week to week. I'll give them a C+

1.04 Demarco Murray

5.04 Ahmad Bradshaw

9.04 Fred Jackson

17.04 Alfred Blue

Even if Murray doesn't stay in Dallas, he will be a stud for somebody, but I think Jerry finds a way to keep him. Bradshaw was probably a reach but he was having a good season before injury and I think he will be fine, especially in PPR. Nothing to say about Fred except that he is steady and always shows up. With Foster's injury history I think Blue should see plenty of PT. If he happens to move on to another team, I think he showed enough this year to warrant a look. I'll give them a B.

2.13 Randall Cobb

4.13 Martavis Bryant

8.13 Pierre Garcon

11.04 Cecil Shorts

12.13 Phillip Dorsett

13.04 Chris Matthews

19.04 Wes Welker

20.13 Rashad Greene

I really like my depth at WR. Cobb was a no brainer and Bryant will only get better. I expect Garcon and Shorts to do fine as a WR3. Matthews was definitely worth a shot as he showed a lot in the big game. I just hope he's not a one shot wonder. Welker will play somewhere and is always solid as long as he's healthy. I like the 2 rookies a lot and just hope they go to a favorable situation. B+

3.04 Greg Olsen

10.13 Jermaine Gresham

18.13 Luke Wilson

Most weeks Olsen will be the guy I imagine, but I think Gresham and Wilson will be solid fillers. B+

16.13 Chandler Catanzaro

In hindsight I probably should have grabbed a second kicker instead of one of the later WR's, and it may come back to bite me, but at least the kicker I got is solid. C

14.13 Green Bay

15.04 Indianapolis

What can I say? Most D/ST are a crapshoot from week to week but I like the ones I got. B

If I went back and studied how the draft played out I'm sure I would make some changes, but I'm ok with this team. If the injury bug doesn't hit me too hard and I survive only one kicker.....who knows?? These are always a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. Best of luck to everyone!

tex said:
Final Roster

6.13 Ryan Tannehill

7.04 Andy Dalton

Didn't quite miss out on the QB run and ended up with 2 who may be ok from week to week. I'll give them a C+

1.04 Demarco Murray

5.04 Ahmad Bradshaw

9.04 Fred Jackson

17.04 Alfred Blue

Even if Murray doesn't stay in Dallas, he will be a stud for somebody, but I think Jerry finds a way to keep him. Bradshaw was probably a reach but he was having a good season before injury and I think he will be fine, especially in PPR. Nothing to say about Fred except that he is steady and always shows up. With Foster's injury history I think Blue should see plenty of PT. If he happens to move on to another team, I think he showed enough this year to warrant a look. I'll give them a B.

2.13 Randall Cobb

4.13 Martavis Bryant

8.13 Pierre Garcon

11.04 Cecil Shorts

12.13 Phillip Dorsett

13.04 Chris Matthews

19.04 Wes Welker

20.13 Rashad Greene

I really like my depth at WR. Cobb was a no brainer and Bryant will only get better. I expect Garcon and Shorts to do fine as a WR3. Matthews was definitely worth a shot as he showed a lot in the big game. I just hope he's not a one shot wonder. Welker will play somewhere and is always solid as long as he's healthy. I like the 2 rookies a lot and just hope they go to a favorable situation. B+

3.04 Greg Olsen

10.13 Jermaine Gresham

18.13 Luke Wilson

Most weeks Olsen will be the guy I imagine, but I think Gresham and Wilson will be solid fillers. B+

16.13 Chandler Catanzaro

In hindsight I probably should have grabbed a second kicker instead of one of the later WR's, and it may come back to bite me, but at least the kicker I got is solid. C

14.13 Green Bay

15.04 Indianapolis

What can I say? Most D/ST are a crapshoot from week to week but I like the ones I got. B

If I went back and studied how the draft played out I'm sure I would make some changes, but I'm ok with this team. If the injury bug doesn't hit me too hard and I survive only one kicker.....who knows?? These are always a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. Best of luck to everyone!
I won MBSL2 this past year with only one kicker. If I were to be short on one position kicker would be it for me.

1.02 Fullback Fro - LeVeon Bell - RB1 PIT

2.15 Fullback Fro - Drew Brees QB3 NO

3.02 Fullback Fro - Jeremey Maclin WR16 PHI

4.15 Fullback Fro - Melvin Gordon RB21 ROOK

5.02 Fullback Fro - Anquan Boldin WR32 SF

6.15 Fullback Fro - Eli Manning QB14 NYG

7.02 Fullback Fro - Larry Fitzgerald WR40 ARZ

8.15 Fullback Fro - Devante Parker WR47 ROOK

9.02 Fullback Fro - Eric Ebron TE20 DET

10.15 Fullback Fro - Terrance Williams WR58 DAL

11.02 Fullback Fro - Pierre Thomas RB52 NOS

12.15 Fullback Fro - Mychal Rivera TE28 OAK

13.02 Fullback Fro - Daniel Woodhead RB62 SDC

14.15 Fullback Fro - Denver Broncos DST13 DEN

15.02 Fullback Fro - Dallas Cowboys DST16 DAL

16.15 Fullback Fro - Phil Dawson PK18 SFF

17.02 Fullback Fro - Nick Novak PL21 SDC

18.15 Fullback Fro - Cole Beasely WR93 DAL

19.02 Fullback Fro - Niles Paul TE34 WAS

20.15 Fullback Fro - Chris Johnson RB2K NYJ

Russell Wilson QB8 6.06

Alex Smith QB24 KC 7.11

Carlos Hyde RB14 SF 3.11

A.J. Green WR8 CIN 2.06

A good start to free agency for me so far. Gore going to Indy helps with the Hyde pick. Wilson having Graham to throw too I would think would help him out even more also. It also may result in a small bump for Colston now that the target machine known as Graham is gone.

Now I just need Adrian Peterson to move on, Bowe get released and end up in a WR friendly system, and the rookies to end up in good spots.

####### ##### ##### I got Brandon Marshall now on the #### #### ####'n Jets!!!!!!

Umm, I mean YAY.

Maybe Harvin will get a bump???

Reaper said:

####### ##### ##### I got Brandon Marshall now on the #### #### ####'n Jets!!!!!!

Umm, I mean YAY.

With that kind of luck Harvin will probably be released and end up on either the Browns or Raiders.

Reaper said:

Umm, I mean YAY.

If it makes you feel better, I have Cutler. :bag:

Tony Romo 6.12

Jay Cutler 7.05

B+

What's there to say other than these are two low level QB1 or high QB2 types, Cutler is inconsistent but I hope that changes somewhat. He has enough offensive weapons to work with and should put up a few nice games. QBBC for sure, just hope Romo stays healthy and has good games when Cutler doesn't.

Eddie Lacy 1.05

Alfred Morris 4.12

Andre Williams 9.05

Frank Gore 10.12

B

Going only 4 deep might be a mistake, almost took another in round 20 but didn't see the true upside there. Four solid guys who aren't very involved in the passing game, although Lacy should get between 40-50 receptions, more if Cobb leaves. Gore is the wildcard here, good enough to start in 2015 but is old for a RB with Hyde behind him ready to take over.

DeAndre Hopkins 2.12

Torrey Smith 5.05

Davante Adams 8.12

Stedman Bailey 11.05

Marqise Lee 13.05

Sammie Coates 16.12

Allen Hurns 17.05

B-

I went against my own philosophy here as I thought value dropped. Usually I don't like to take WRs with crappy QBs but here, aside from Adams, none are guaranteed to have a good QB (though I do think Smith stays in Baltimore). The Jags receivers and Coates could make this an interesting group. Coates could be a complete bust but the raw talent is there for some big game, depending where he lands.

Travis Kelce 3.05

Jared Cook 12.12

Virgil Green 20.12

A-

Admittedly, I'm probably bigger on this group than most will be. Cook is solid for 50/600/5 (and that's with poor QB play), which as the 27th TE taken, yet a safe bet for top 20 production, I'll take it. Jared has gone from overvalued in previous years due to raw potential to undervalued IMO. Virgil is a wildcard. Wanted Dion Sims here (seems a few of us did) but Green could find himself in a really good position in September. Or he might not, which is why he was the 40th TE taken.

Cody Parkey 15.05

Ryan Succop 18.12

B-

Two kickers, one on a high scoring offense, the other not.

49ers D/ST 14.12

Falcons D/ST 19.11

B

Two defenses, one consistently in the top 10, the other not.
Overall, like most, I'm satisfied with the team. Not too many things I'd change with the benefit of hindsight. Maybe wait on TE1 which probably would have been Witten at 4.12 (maybe having taken Hyde at 3.05) but that's a close call. Maybe Cobb over Hopkins but I have Cobb elsewhere and like Hopkins. Maybe Helu over Coates. But nothing I'll kick myself over. The structure of the team isn't my ideal - prefer my WRs to have better QBs and be safer bets, but I like every one of these guys.
:excited:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322766-frank-gore-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-surrounding-free-agent-rb#articles/2322766-frank-gore-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-surrounding-free-agent-rb

Smith in SF is fine. Losing Marshall hurts Cutler and Cobb staying in GB hurts Adams. JT leaving Denver should help Green.

Overall not a bad FA period so far.

Tony Romo 6.12

Jay Cutler 7.05

B+

Eddie Lacy 1.05

Alfred Morris 4.12

Andre Williams 9.05

Frank Gore 10.12

B

DeAndre Hopkins 2.12

Torrey Smith 5.05

Davante Adams 8.12

Stedman Bailey 11.05

Marqise Lee 13.05

Sammie Coates 16.12

Allen Hurns 17.05

B-

Travis Kelce 3.05

Jared Cook 12.12

Virgil Green 20.12

A-

Cody Parkey 15.05

Ryan Succop 18.12

B-

49ers D/ST 14.12

Falcons D/ST 19.11

B
:excited:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322766-frank-gore-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-surrounding-free-agent-rb#articles/2322766-frank-gore-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-surrounding-free-agent-rb

Smith in SF is fine. Losing Marshall hurts Cutler and Cobb staying in GB hurts Adams. JT leaving Denver should help Green.

Overall not a bad FA period so far.
Gore to IND is huge for you.....Green's value took a hit with the expected Daniel's signing.....T. Smith....meh.....Gore helps take a little sting out of Vereen biting into Willams.....

Russell Wilson QB8 6.06

Alex Smith QB24 KC 7.11

Carlos Hyde RB14 SF 3.11

A.J. Green WR8 CIN 2.06

A good start to free agency for me so far. Gore going to Indy helps with the Hyde pick. Wilson having Graham to throw too I would think would help him out even more also. It also may result in a small bump for Colston now that the target machine known as Graham is gone.

Now I just need Adrian Peterson to move on, Bowe get released and end up in a WR friendly system, and the rookies to end up in good spots.

[SIZE=medium]QB – Matt Ryan 6.04 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB1 – Justin Forsett 5.13 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB2 – C.J. Spiller 8.04 11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB3 – Khiry Robinson 10.04 11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB4 - Benny Cunningham 19.13 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RB5 - Dexter McCluster 20.04 4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR1 – Julio Jones 1.13 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR2 – Jordy Nelson 2.04 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR3 – Golden Tate 3.13 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR4 – Rueben Randle 9.13 11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR5 – James Jones 11.13 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR6 – Malcom Floyd 13.13 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]WR7 - Tavon Austin 18.04 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE1 – Martellus Bennett 4.04 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE2 – Zach Ertz 7.13 8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TE3 – Richard Rodgers 12.04 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]PK1 – Dan Bailey 15.13 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]PK2 – Blair Walsh 16.04 5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]DST1 - Buffalo Bills 14.04 8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]DST2 - New York Jets 17.13 5[/SIZE]

Decent bye week spread, but disappointed to wind up with two Saints RBs. Nice landing spot for Spiller, but reduces Khiry Robinson's opportunity.

QB - Ben Roethlisburger-11

Zach Mettenberger-4

Ryan Mallett-9

RB - Arian Foster-9

Andre Ellington-9

Rashard Jennings-11

TJ Yeldon-?

Matt Asiada-5

WR - Odell Beckham Jr.-11

Julian Edelman-4

Kendall Wright-4

Eddie Royal-7

Mohamed Sanu-7

Duron Carter-10

TE - Delaine Walker-4

Coby Fleener-10

DEF - Houston Texans-9

NY Giants-11

K - Dan Carpenter-8

Conner Barth-7

Thought Big Ben was good value at the end of the 5th. Considered doubling up at QB in the 6th, but was pretty sure a serviceable QB would still be there in the 7th. (Bridgewater, Smith or Palmer) Wrong. Wasn't ready for one of the rookies so I waited until the 16th & 19th for two QBs who have a decent chance to be their teams starting QB. Really wish I would have taken one in the 6th. Might have been a little overkill taking Mallett, but thought he was the best value and kept him from other teams.

Was considering CJ Anderson in the 2nd but went "safer" with Foster. Ellington seems to be good value as the 16th RB off the board. Jennings in the 10th, the probable starter in NY could be a steal. Should have taken Ameer Abdullah in the 11th instead of Sanu. Hope Yeldon does better than recent Alabama Rbs. Asiata could be a steal if Peterson doesn't return to Minnesota. (I sure hope he does return)

OBJ went earlier in both of the other drafts. I predict in the PDSLs & SSLs he will go even earlier. Edelman is usually underrated. Wright, Royal, and Sanu should make a good WR3 by committee. Luck can improve any WRs number, and hopefully Duron got some of his fathers talent.

The Walker/FleenerTE combo should give me top 5 production as both finished top 10 last year.

Houston was 2nd last year and if Clowney can get back they could improve next year. Giants won the SB in 2007 and 2011 so this should be their year again.

Carpenter and Barth are a great combo (for kickers). Not sure why the number one K by average fell to 28th K off the board. (Yeah I know, small sample size)

Overall pretty satisfied. Good draft everyone.
Added byes. Not good, but not terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread