What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Well, I was just fired and the specific example that you called Rusty and felt I didn't help you enough when your computer died. Why didn't you tell me directly? I feel that was very unprofessional of you to do that, and so unfair. I always did my best and with a smile.

Thanks a whole bunch.
You should have replied Orange glad I didn't say BANANA!!

That sucks GB. Sounds like you need to get some rare butthole eating scorpions for Rusty.

I’ll have two eggs; one over easy, one over medium; three sausage links; a cup of cottage with a drizzle of honey; a fruit cup; unless it’s mostly honeydew melon, in which case skip it and make it half a grapefruit; a glass of whole milk over ice and a side of toast barely browned; closer to bread than toast, I’m not joking; with as many local jams as you have in stock... Oh, and a Bloody Mary.

Good buddy GM came through again with the meat. Great stuff and I'm thrilled. Also included some magic cookies, a Blazers Rip City shirt that I will wear with pride and will make me an unabashed Blazers fan throughout the playoffs (also my wife went to Weber State (1 semester!) and I've watched a game on their campus so I'm already a Lillard guy), and some nerf style slingshots and bow and arrow that had my kids shooting each other in the head all night. Great stuff. TUPbox will carry on as I'm already loading it up for YSR.

Only problem is I don't know that we can trust her to send it on, seeing as she promised me a TennesseeBox 2+ years ago and I'm still waiting. I guess she's been pretty busy with two kids under 2. What a nightmare. At least it wasn't twins.

Rusty sounds like a real tool. As K4 said, clearly there was some other damage there and you were cast into a straw man role . . . as the last straw man, in fact. Not sure that little morph-joke in phrasing makes any sense but I'll leave it. I hope Rusty receives an appropriate comeuppance.

Wow, Tanner posting RL issues. It's a new thread, ladies. What's next: GM with a spray tan?

No jokes. Got it.
When my daughter comes home crying because school is hard for her, yeah, someone inferring my kid is dumb is going to rub me the wrong way.

I recognize that you were trying to be funny and had no idea, but you're not the one dealing with a kid that already struggles in kindergarten and who you know will always have a tough time ahead in life.

No jokes. Got it.
When my daughter comes home crying because school is hard for her, yeah, someone inferring my kid is dumb is going to rub me the wrong way.

I recognize that you were trying to be funny and had no idea, but you're not the one dealing with a kid that already struggles in kindergarten and who you know will always have a tough time ahead in life.
Implying, not inferring.

Good luck.

No jokes. Got it.
When my daughter comes home crying because school is hard for her, yeah, someone inferring my kid is dumb is going to rub me the wrong way.I recognize that you were trying to be funny and had no idea, but you're not the one dealing with a kid that already struggles in kindergarten and who you know will always have a tough time ahead in life.
Good luck GD. I got a 2 year old that only says mom/dad/yes/no. Most likely looking at some speech therapy in the spring. It's stressful. Feel like I did something wrong somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
No jokes. Got it.

Implying, not inferring.

Good luck.
I'm inferring RIGHT NOW.

Imply and infer are opposites, like a throw and a catch. To imply is to hint at something, but to infer is to make an educated guess. The speaker does the implying, and the listener does the inferring.

Trying to help my wife deal with crippling depression is the hardest thing I've ever done. It's like trying to paddle a boat with a tennis racket. Everything you say and do can make all the sense in the world and seem like it should make a difference, but you end up exhausted, frustrated and in the same spot while the boat keeps sinking.
As someone who was recently on the other side of this, everything you do helps, even if it doesn't produce immediate results.There were days when my wife would single handendly keep my head above water all while I looked like I was flailing down.

Its hard, but she can make it through. I'm assuming she's on medication. If not, get that taken care of ASAP.
She's actually transitioning from one medication that the doctor said wasn't working anymore (clearly) to Lexapro. The doctor said the transition would be hard and it definitely has been. She's starting to see a therapist tonight. I'm hoping they start to make a difference soon because right now she has given up. She's lost all hope. It's totally heartbreaking to see.
I have battled depression on and off over the years to the point where these past few months have been the darkest I can remember. I started reading The Depression Cure. I am not all the way through it yet but it is a great read. I am on and will continue to be on Effexor (Venlafaxine) for OCD symptoms and depression, but this book is giving me some other ideas/anchors.

Talks about 6 steps of Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC)

1. Omega-3 fish oil. Pretty much everyone needs to take these and it just so happens to help greatly with depression for many people.

2. Recognizing and reversing rumination. Essentially cognitive therapy..recognizing when your mind leads you to downward spiral and reversing the pattern.

3. Exercise! Finally got my fat bbq a$$ in the company gym few times over the last week or so.

4. Light therapy - we need sunlight. My depression worsens in Jan/Feb..work from 7:30-5:30 and have lunch at your desk..you won't see the sun for a while. That's not good. There are also seasonal mood type of lights now available that can replicate what the sun offers.

5. Social interaction - Haven't read this chapter yet but I am assuming to means talking to real people too and not just you idorks. ;)

6. Healthy sleep - I got my CPAP pressure adjusted and have slept better recently. Losing 20 pounds would be awesome as well if I can do it.

Lot of common sense stuff but I didn't know the omega 3 data and overall I like the book's approach. Everyone knows someone or experiences depression points somewhere in their life. Good luck to you GD and Jayrod. Love you all.

No jokes. Got it.
When my daughter comes home crying because school is hard for her, yeah, someone inferring my kid is dumb is going to rub me the wrong way.I recognize that you were trying to be funny and had no idea, but you're not the one dealing with a kid that already struggles in kindergarten and who you know will always have a tough time ahead in life.
Good luck GD. I got a 2 year old that only says mom/dad/yes/no. Most likely looking at some speech therapy in the spring. It's stressful. Feel like I did something wrong somewhere.
My son was like this at 2. Did the speech therapy and now he never shuts up. Some kids just take a while. It's probably your fault.

No jokes. Got it.
My son was like this at 2. Did the speech therapy and now he never shuts up. Some kids just take a while. It's probably your fault.
Alternatively, is there a way to blame Frosty for this? Or Eve? Or Rusty?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread