What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

My dad has my baseball cards. Plus the ones he started collecting during the card boom of the 90s. About a year ago he stopped in a collectibles shop just to talk with the guy.  The owner told him that almost all commons from the 80s/90s are only good for setting on fire.  There may be a few that are worth dollars to 10s of dollars but everything else is just kindling.  The only cards he'd be interested in were my dad's cards from the 50s/60s.  
I'm playing the long game.  The REALLY long game.  My great great great great grandchildren are going to be rich!

Oh my god, you're absolutely right.  That's the one I meant.  Yellow box ####ty tacos.

In my early Chicago renting years, I stopped getting mail once and wondered what was going on, and then realized it was because I had moved out of an apartment building and then back into the same building five months later, causing my mail to get stuck in a continuous forwarding loop between the two locations.  Actually actually true.
US postal classes specific to the tracking and delivery of Krista-mail.

Oldest daughter we found a bunch of weed in her backpack. She's also vaping bubble gum flavored nicotine. All of this hidden from us. This is 2nd time we busted her going back to summer.  Haven't confronted her yet. This is the crap part of being a dad.

Oldest daughter we found a bunch of weed in her backpack. She's also vaping bubble gum flavored nicotine. All of this hidden from us. This is 2nd time we busted her going back to summer.  Haven't confronted her yet. This is the crap part of being a dad.
You sure that vape is nicotine and not weed? FlavRX makes a hybrid bubble gum strain or at least I've been told that they do

well..... yeah

Like they have any idea which one to deliver it to. Once it hits like it's 7th forward, all bets are off.
Why do you think everyone that buys a KristaHome(TM) gets a gift? Is so she can be assured they'll forward her mail when it inevitably gets delivered to an old address.

Almost 30 years ago my mother told me she had thrown out my baseball card collection.  It wasn't a big deal, though I was slightly annoyed, and I just figured "well, that's the end of that."  I moved on with my life.

In an utterly weird twist, today I heard from my brother that he was cleaning out an old storage locker and found my baseball card collection - still in binder sleeves, mint condition, which he had rescued when my mother threw it out and was holding onto to surprise me with but forgot all about it.
Spoiler alert: it's worth about $8

Best thing/worst thing?
Best: finally seeing all these iconic things I've seen my whole life in books/pictures/tv/movies.  The Lincoln monument.  The Declaration of Independence.  JFK eternal flame.  Vietnam memorial. That famous painting of George Washington you've seen a million times.  etc etc.

Worst? Lack of restaurant options made planning difficult when we were trying to cram so much in to two days.

4 day update?  Took the family to DC for a 4 day weekend.  Never been before.  It was awesome and inspiring to me.  I want to say something profound here but I drove 8 hours today and have been drinking since we got home.
It is awesome and inspiring. Without getting political, the architecture gets me patriotic. I lived there/around there in my twenties. Glad you had a good time.  

How much is “a bunch”? Smoking or selling?

How old?  Is she a good student?

Best: finally seeing all these iconic things I've seen my whole life in books/pictures/tv/movies.  The Lincoln monument.  The Declaration of Independence.  JFK eternal flame.  Vietnam memorial. That famous painting of George Washington you've seen a million times.  etc etc.

Worst? Lack of restaurant options made planning difficult when we were trying to cram so much in to two days.
That's the first time I've ever heard that complaint. 

I'm playing the long game.  The REALLY long game.  My great great great great grandchildren are going to be rich!
I collected pennies as a kid with idea that is give them to my son/grandson some day. Got my son a starter book last Christmas along with all the Wheaties I'd gotten in change over the years to gauge his interest. In highly surprising news, it was nada and disappointment. Grandson it is!

4 day update?  Took the family to DC for a 4 day weekend.  Never been before.  It was awesome and inspiring to me.  I want to say something profound here but I drove 8 hours today and have been drinking since we got home.
Speaking of inspiring, I took the family near Scranton for the long weekend.

Down 17 el bees in 3 weeks

only ohhh.. 60 or so to go.
What kind of worms you working with?

Is this something you can see yourself doing forever? If not, it’s a waste of time and you’ll fall back into old habits, probably. 
With an extra 90lbs, IMO a shock drop is an order even if some of it will come back. That's like carrying my 10yo around fulltime and then putting him down, if at least to trade for my 6yo.

popped in to a local place over the weekend to grab lunch. one of these sort of old-timey ice cream parlors with good burgers.

they had a Ms. Pac-man machine tucked away in the back corner. i had 2 quarters. figured on killing 15-20 minutes playing while the food was being prepared.

burned through both quarters in under 5 minutes.

i feel great shame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Really?  We had some great food in DC a couple of summers ago, though I suppose it depends on how picky you are.  Found a great BBQ joint just walking down the street.  Then found a great burger joint that brewed their own beer right in the Smithsonian area.

Really?  We had some great food in DC a couple of summers ago, though I suppose it depends on how picky you are.  Found a great BBQ joint just walking down the street.  Then found a great burger joint that brewed their own beer right in the Smithsonian area.
I have a picky daughter so need standard kids options, and my wife is on a fairly strict diet.  We found places, I guess I just expected more options.  For instance, we needed something quick for lunch between white house tour and capitol tour.  I felt like it was either food trucks or the cafeteria in the capitol visitor center.

If you are talking about "b", we did eat there.  Very good. 
Yes, that was the place.

Never had to eat in the Capitol area, so I don't know what was up there.  But we did do food trucks on meal, and I never complain about that.  I can see if you have a restrictive diet or kids that wouldn't be as easy though.

Last night I taught my 13 yr old daughter how to make Spanish rice from scratch with day old rice, and how to make beef/green chili enchiladas. So we spent about 45 mins in the kitchen putting this all together. When it was done it was delicious.  Tonight I teach them how to make chicken fried rice.

This is a result of ordering Chinese Saturday night and requesting extra rice. They gave me about 10 cups of rice. Never let rice go to waste.
oh, i made the hell out of this.  best fried rice i ever had, better than anything you'd get in a restaurant.

Ugh. Shooting at the school where two of my best friends' daughters go to and where one's wife works. So far, only hard info is that a student shot himself. 

But with reports that the FBI was investigating a threat in the county, there's a decent chance the kid was planning on killing other students but accidentally shot himself first.

Recipe?  I love fried rice but have never made it at home.
This is the best way to have it IMO.

I usually go with this:

2 cups cooked rice

1 lb cooked chicken (or whatever protein and amount you want)

1 red pepper (diced).  You can add more if you want

10 oz peas

10 oz sugar snap peas

Corn (optional and whatever amount you want)

2-3 eggs (scrambled)

2 bunches green onions (chopped)

1 fried rice seasoning packet

Soy sauce (see packet directions)

Oil (see packet directions)

Spicy Szechuan sauce (optional, but so worth it)

Get all the veggies cooked in a large deep skillet.

Add chicken 

Add rice

Add seasoning mixture 

Add scrambled eggs 

Stir up everything

Delicious. 

Recipe?  I love fried rice but have never made it at home.
take your 4-5 cups of leftover rice from the fridge, crumble it up in a bowl so its not clumped together.

dice into small pieces about 2/3 cup each of carrot and celery.  dice up some leftover meat, prefer chicken, but anything works, i used ham yesterday for example, about 2/3 cup.   If you have fresh peas or frozen peas, grab a 1/2 cup of those.   I diced up fresh peas in a pod.

take 3 eggs and beat like you would for scrambled eggs, set aside.

need near cooking area:   soy sauce, sesame oil, season rice wine vinegar, garlic powder, ginger powder

you need a non stick frying pan or wok.   you'r going to do two batches of "half" your material.

pour in a couple TB oil into your pan, set on med high or high heat.  Once oil is hot, add half your rice, stir it around to make sure the oil is coated all the rice,  stir fry the rice for a couple minutes.   Add the meat and veggies, stir fry for another two minutes.    push the rice apart in the middle so there's a hole in the middle, pour in half the egg mixture and make scrambled eggs until firm in the middle section.   Once that's firm, stir fry that all together with the rice mix,  then add several dashes of soy sauce, a little drizzle of sesame oil, stir fry around to incorporate into all the rice.   sprinkle with some garlic and ginger, keep stir frying.    let it set for about a minute without stirring.    add a drizzle of rice vinegar, stir fry, then  put into a large bowl.

repeat this process, then combine all the rice in the big bowl, garnish with some thinly diced green onion if you want to make it fancy.    You can make it saltier by adding soy sauce at this point, or just serve it as is and let people add soy sauce to their own tastes.    

So what's your play? 

My 10yo is on the precipice if this stuff, given what his peers are talking about.
she's learning how to drive, i took that away.  I told her no more after school hanging out she has to join a club or do a sport or come straight home.   we'll see how this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread