What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

El Floppo said:
yep.

CAD/Senior architect guy and partner just reached out from the bolded firm... looks like it's happening.

but happy to talk regardless (eta: especially if this doesn't actually work out)- when's a good time?
Anytime GB.  Check FDS' schedule and send me the bridge number. 

Knee doctor said stress fracture is actually in the femur right below the knee. 6 weeks on crutches and in a brace for Mrs. GD.

Daughter GD confirmed flu. Looking like a delightful weekend.
The tibia is below the knee, the femur above. 

Not that it matters.

Sorry to hear about all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just came in possession of a massively overweight six year old corgi that is in need of a new home. We are going to take care of her at least temporarily.

in about a month we also are going to have a German Shepherd dropped off that my wife offered to “dog sit”. The owner is in the Navy and will be away for training and deployment for a minimum of a year.

That will bring the grand total to five kids, four dogs (two GSDs and two corgis), and two cats. Fortunately my kids apparently hate me enough to never come over any more (glad we bought the giant house!), which keeps things manageable.

We just came in possession of a massively overweight six year old corgi that is in need of a new home. We are going to take care of her at least temporarily.

in about a month we also are going to have a German Shepherd dropped off that my wife offered to “dog sit”. The owner is in the Navy and will be away for training and deployment for a minimum of a year.

That will bring the grand total to five kids, four dogs (two GSDs and two corgis), and two cats. Fortunately my kids apparently hate me enough to never come over any more (glad we bought the giant house!), which keeps things manageable.
As you know, there is space for a corgi or two on The Peninsula if you need it.  Maybe a GSD or two as well.  No space for kids, though.

ETA:  Or wives.

Reg Lllama of Brixton said:
Great thread today,  clowns.
Been a tourist in my own town this weekend.  Two races in 2 days along this.  I’m heading home around 11 to do laundry and drink some great beers that are waiting for me.

This lady's dog had a bunch of hair growing in his ears so she took him to the vet. The vet told her to apply Nair to the hair to get rid of it. Lady goes to the pharmacist and asks for some Nair. The pharmacist tells her that if she's using it on her underarms she should be careful not to wear any tight shirts or it will cause a rash. The lady says no no no I'm not doing that. So the pharmacist says that if you're using it on your legs you need to be careful you don't wear tight fitting pants. Exasperated the lady says look I'm just getting this to put on my schnauzer. The pharmacist replies, then you shouldn't be riding a bicycle for a week or two.

This lady's dog had a bunch of hair growing in his ears so she took him to the vet. The vet told her to apply Nair to the hair to get rid of it. Lady goes to the pharmacist and asks for some Nair. The pharmacist tells her that if she's using it on her underarms she should be careful not to wear any tight shirts or it will cause a rash. The lady says no no no I'm not doing that. So the pharmacist says that if you're using it on your legs you need to be careful you don't wear tight fitting pants. Exasperated the lady says look I'm just getting this to put on my schnauzer. The pharmacist replies, then you shouldn't be riding a bicycle for a week or two.
What color was the dog?

***PROGRAM ALERT***

ESPN2 is airing the Johnsonville Cornhole Championships WITH COMMENTATORS

Just got back from about 2 weeks of traveling. I'll relate a quick story:

a few weeks ago, I had an AWFUL fall playing basketball.  Guy undercut me when I was about at the top of my jump, and landed square on my kidney.  Huge amount of pain, and could barely walk.  I'm in a rec league, fairly competitive, and a few days later we  had a game where 3 or four guys had to miss.  I love this group of guys, and am clearly the worst player on the team (I didn't used to be, but the last year I'm loosing steam fast).  I usually just play when one of the younger guys want a rest.

We only had four other guys, so I had planned to go and just watch, but suited up so the team wouldn't forfeit.  I had felt decent, but about 2 minutes in, gave a teammate a pick, and when his player went through me (legal, but *very* hard), it twisted my back and I could BARELY move after that.  Clearly in a lot of pain, but not bad enough that I couldn't stick it out.  I was like a turnstile on defense, though.  We went to a 2-3 with me in the middle to try and hide it. 

Anyway, the team we played was much better than us (even if we were healthy and our best players were there).  And they were blowing us out, and I was a little salty about it.  And then they started dunking and trash talking.  Somehow it was made worse that they were a bunch of shtty ex-business-school white guy type jokers.  So there was one guy who just dunked on us with about 2 minutes left was talking trash the whole game -- and we were on offense, and I went to pick him but can't really move, or pick, or do anything useful, so I just grabbed a handful of shirt and held on.  He got incredulous and yelled at the referee.  I dunno what I was thinking, but I was pissy and maybe wanted to just get kicked out. 

As we were running back down the court, and he's still yelling at the ref, he also says to me, "do that again and see what happens."  He's younger than me, and bigger than me, and faster than me, and I basically am walking on one leg.  But I'm old man angry, so in the middle of the court, I just grab a handful of shirt again and hold on.  He's a little confused and tries to get away, but I hold on.  He finally gets away.  He's aping at the ref, who appears to be ignoring it, and asked what the hell I think I'm doing.  I told him I just wanted to "see what happens," which, as best I could tell, was him being a baby.  He again appeals to the ref, who lets time run out.

I'm not sure what I was going for.  Had he decided to back up his words, he would have certainly flattened me.  And frankly, I was almost looking for something to put me out of my misery. In retrospect, I am super thankful that he didn't rise to the bait.  It appears that I still have some growing up to do.  I'm just glad my daughter wasn't there. 

I'm not sure what I was going for.  Had he decided to back up his words, he would have certainly flattened me.  And frankly, I was almost looking for something to put me out of my misery. In retrospect, I am super thankful that he didn't rise to the bait.  It appears that I still have some growing up to do.  I'm just glad my daughter wasn't there. 
was with my 10yo son yesterday taking him from drumming back home on the subway. we're rushing to catch a connecting train- weekends are a mess here with schedules, it was late and he was exahausted (and I was still hung over).

so we're trying to get on the train and of course some dooba is standing there blocking the doors, forcing me to bump him as we pushed through. he says something to me that I can't hear, but looking for an apology. I shrug, say sorry but you were blocking the doors. he didn't like my apology and starts getting angry and insulting. 

normally, this kind of #### is impossible for me to let go- you're being an ####### and you want me to apologize because you're keeping me from getting on the train? and then cursing at me because my apology didn't seem sincere enough? just can't stop responding to it. 

but I"m with my kid- and this guy says something like "you're a ###### without a #####", which first of all took me a bit to process (and laugh a bit). but I could tell this guy was one of those angry, looking for a fight types who do things like block doorways looking for a response. when I realized this, I grabbed my son and said- there's no need for us to engage this angry, crazy person any more and left. 

but still hard to keep from responding to his volley of chirps thrown my way ("go home to the suburbs, #######") even with my kid there. but it's sooooo stupid and pointless.

was with my 10yo son yesterday taking him from drumming back home on the subway. we're rushing to catch a connecting train- weekends are a mess here with schedules, it was late and he was exahausted (and I was still hung over).

so we're trying to get on the train and of course some dooba is standing there blocking the doors, forcing me to bump him as we pushed through. he says something to me that I can't hear, but looking for an apology. I shrug, say sorry but you were blocking the doors. he didn't like my apology and starts getting angry and insulting. 

normally, this kind of #### is impossible for me to let go- you're being an ####### and you want me to apologize because you're keeping me from getting on the train? and then cursing at me because my apology didn't seem sincere enough? just can't stop responding to it. 

but I"m with my kid- and this guy says something like "you're a ###### without a #####", which first of all took me a bit to process (and laugh a bit). but I could tell this guy was one of those angry, looking for a fight types who do things like block doorways looking for a response. when I realized this, I grabbed my son and said- there's no need for us to engage this angry, crazy person any more and left. 

but still hard to keep from responding to his volley of chirps thrown my way ("go home to the suburbs, #######") even with my kid there. but it's sooooo stupid and pointless.
More than once I’ve boarded trains directly onto the feet of the ### in the doorway. I’ve seen some amazing facial expressions while just standing on their toes refusing to move. 

Here

More than once I’ve boarded trains directly onto the feet of the ### in the doorway. I’ve seen some amazing facial expressions while just standing on their toes refusing to move. 
on my own, I'll drop the shoulder and blast through. but I'm really trying, or at least wanting to try, to be less... that. I want to tell myself to say excuse me can you please move in instead of just ramming people (even though there's often no time for both if I want to actually get on the train)- I used to be decent at that, but have gotten more and more indignant and less patient about it the older I get.

Users who are viewing this thread