Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Recommended Posts

Today I received $2.38 from a class action settlement involving Starkist Tuna.   I don't recall registering for it, but I suppose I could have.   Anyway, what should I do with it?   $2 bet on a horse?   Lotto?  Scratch-offs?   238 wheatback pennies?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Today I received $2.38 from a class action settlement involving Starkist Tuna.   I don't recall registering for it, but I suppose I could have.   Anyway, what should I do with it?   $2 bet on a horse?   Lotto?  Scratch-offs?   238 wheatback pennies?

Oh man hopefully mine will be here soon

IIRC I asked to be compensated in tuna (actually true)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Is that Ricky Mandlebaum's comedy duo partner?

I had an electrical contractor recently apologize for a mistake he made signing off with, Mia Culpa. That's subtle variation makes for great drag name, imo

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Ok, going to see Dr. Jellyfinger. Pray for Mojo.

I hope this is a show or movie and not an actual Dr. Jellyfinger.  I know that now that I'm in my 40s I should go to the doctor for a visit like that, but no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -fish- said:

Today I received $2.38 from a class action settlement involving Starkist Tuna.   I don't recall registering for it, but I suppose I could have.   Anyway, what should I do with it?   $2 bet on a horse?   Lotto?  Scratch-offs?   238 wheatback pennies?

Put it all on red.  If you win you can afford a ticket to Ricky Montelbaum and Dr. Jellyfinger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I had an electrical contractor recently apologize for a mistake he made signing off with, Mia Culpa. That's subtle variation makes for great drag name, imo

Definitely the bad girl of the group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Put it all on red.  If you win you can afford a ticket to Ricky Montelbaum and Dr. Jellyfinger. 

Before I saw this post, I decided to play online roulette with it.   I put $1 on 19, and $1 on 25/26/28/29.   I hit the 19 and won $36. So dumb.

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, -fish- said:

@shuke. @General Malaise  KFC has a chicken sandwich with two glazed donuts in place of a bun.   I think this needs video.

I once made a homemade bacon cheeseburger with a Krispy Kreme donut cut in half for the bun. It was amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Before I saw this post, I decided to play online roulette with it.   I put $1 on 19, and $1 on 25/26/28/29.   I hit the 19 and won $36. So dumb.

I believe you can get a backstage pass for $36. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I believe you can get a backstage pass for $36. 

I bet you can get backstage with Dr. Jellyfinger with a fifth of generic vodka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I kind of want more fried bananas. 

they're called plantains, Enrique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

they're called plantains, Enrique

Not if they’re made with bananas instead of plantains, Captain Stet.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

I once made a homemade bacon cheeseburger with a Krispy Kreme donut cut in half for the bun. It was amazing.

 So,  a "Luther Vandross."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Not if they’re made with bananas instead of plantains, Captain Stet.  

it seems we're at an impasse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RC94 said:

I hope this is a show or movie and not an actual Dr. Jellyfinger.  I know that now that I'm in my 40s I should go to the doctor for a visit like that, but no.

Just had my annual physical this week.  They have a blood test now for prostate cancer.  I didn't get fingered like I did a few years ago.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

it seems we're at an impasse

I forget...is an impasse that thing when you use a word wrong and stand behind the the continued wrong use? Jeepers, shaggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I forget...is an impasse that thing when you use a word wrong and stand behind the the continued wrong use? Jeepers, shaggy.

how the hell do i know? i don't speak French, Pierre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shuke said:

Just had my annual physical this week.  They have a blood test now for prostate cancer.  I didn't get fingered like I did a few years ago.  

certainly a disappointing development

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shuke said:

Just had my annual physical this week.  They have a blood test now for prostate cancer.  I didn't get fingered like I did a few years ago.  

My condolences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

how the hell do i know? i don't speak French, Pierre.

That’s weird. Why have we all been calling you Lucky Pierre all this time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shuke said:

Just had my annual physical this week.  They have a blood test now for prostate cancer.  I didn't get fingered like I did a few years ago.  

if your blood test says, you need the further imaging, god be with you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see what the big deal is here, fellas. Once a year, a guy I've played golf with, a guy I've gone to Dead shows in Vegas with, sticks a finger up my butt. :shrug:

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevzilla said:

I don't see what the big deal is here, fellas. Once a year, a guy I've played golf with, a guy I've gone to Dead shows in Vegas with, sticks a finger up my butt. :shrug:

Yes, but they are talking about going to an actual doctor.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevzilla said:

I don't see what the big deal is here, fellas. Once a year, a guy I've played golf with, a guy I've gone to Dead shows in Vegas with, sticks a finger up my butt. :shrug:

Me, too.

And one of these days I'll schedule my first prostate exam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking all of my social studies classes to Scholastic Book Fair today.  Not sure if "Magnolia Table" by Joanna Gaines is in the K-8 reading wheelhouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kevzilla said:

I don't see what the big deal is here, fellas. Once a year, a guy I've played golf with, a guy I've gone to Dead shows in Vegas with, sticks a finger up my butt. :shrug:

I for one, enjoy all your hooking up stories.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 3:26 PM, -fish- said:

Today I received $2.38 from a class action settlement involving Starkist Tuna.   I don't recall registering for it, but I suppose I could have.   Anyway, what should I do with it?   $2 bet on a horse?   Lotto?  Scratch-offs?   238 wheatback pennies?

Invest it and live off the interest

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 12:33 PM, kevzilla said:

Ok, going to see Dr. Jellyfinger. Pray for Mojo.

You could have just returned the sneakers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Osaurus said:

@kevzilla, Vegas trip is coming up. :excited:

Monday is 30 days out for me, which means it's time to reserve the limo and start the blackjack practice. :pickle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Monday is 30 days out for me, which means it's time to reserve the limo and start the blackjack practice. :pickle:

We’re flying to LA on the 22nd. I’m flying into Vegas on the 24th around 1 pm. I think my friends from Portland are coming in around 4 or 5. I’ll text you when we get a little closer, but Saturday night’s reserved for Fremont St. for sure. I’m heading back on that Monday the 28th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RC94 said:

Today is my mom's birthday.  I sent her this video.  Thanks for posting it, I had never heard of it before.

never heard EW&F "September" before?

there's a world where people don't know this song?

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theoretically, if we were outing aliaii nowadays who might Rodrigo Duterte be?

beeg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mr. furley said:

never heard EW&F "September" before?

there's a world where people don't know this song?

It sounded familiar, but I never would have thought of looking for that video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mr. furley said:

never heard EW&F "September" before?

there's a world where people don't know this song?

If you ever want to get in my wife's pants, EW&F is the play....

:unsure:

Edited by belljr
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, belljr said:

If you ever want to get in my wife's pants, EW&F is the play....

:unsure:

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.