What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

My company right now: Make sure you’re following up on all outstanding invoices. We need to make sure our clients are paying us. Follow up on at least a monthly basis.

Also my company: We’re only paying invoices to vendors that we do daily business with, are critical for operations, and would stop providing service if we don’t pay.

Ok. Totally get that cash is king right now, but pretty sure our clients know that too. Harassing me to harass them probably isn’t going to do a whole lot.

My company right now: Make sure you’re following up on all outstanding invoices. We need to make sure our clients are paying us. Follow up on at least a monthly basis.

Also my company: We’re only paying invoices to vendors that we do daily business with, are critical for operations, and would stop providing service if we don’t pay.

Ok. Totally get that cash is king right now, but pretty sure our clients know that too. Harassing me to harass them probably isn’t going to do a whole lot.
Same thing here, except I'm getting hammered daily on collections by various corporate folks. 

Same thing here, except I'm getting hammered daily on collections by various corporate folks. 
Yeah, not sure why I typed monthly. Used to be monthly but now it’s minimum weekly. 

Already got notice from one client that I sent a large invoice to that they’ve gone from paying within 30 days to a minimum of 120 days. I’m sure I won’t hear about that one over and over again. We’re going to end up in a fantastic pattern of nobody paying anyone else like a horrible Mexican standoff.

One hour into my new job and neither my manager nor my recruiter can figure out how to get me going with their "virtual onboarding" process. This is like the highest tech company on Earth too. :lmao:

I need some advice and I know this is the best place to get it. My friends (young twenty something parents) lost their daughter over the weekend, she was just shy of 6 months old. I'm going to take up a collection but is there something to send other than flowers? They are both stationed in Kodiak, AK and away from family, hopefully they have someone join them up there asap, but I don't know with all of these restrictions if that's coming or not. 

I need some advice and I know this is the best place to get it. My friends (young twenty something parents) lost their daughter over the weekend, she was just shy of 6 months old. I'm going to take up a collection but is there something to send other than flowers? They are both stationed in Kodiak, AK and away from family, hopefully they have someone join them up there asap, but I don't know with all of these restrictions if that's coming or not. 
Horrible news and I am so sorry.  Just trying to be practical might be the best way to go - gift card to Walmart or the grocery store?  I don't know...not the best guy to ask but I think sometimes to best gifts are the most practical ones.  :(

I would order food to be catered to the funeral home if there is a viewing.  Although I'm not sure if these are still happening now.

Very sorry to hear.

shuke said:
I would order food to be catered to the funeral home if there is a viewing.  Although I'm not sure if these are still happening now.

Very sorry to hear.
I was thinking food too...people tend to not want to think about that stuff in times of grief. Nice to have something ready to go for them.

But jeebus...heartbreaking.

I don't know how ok it would be to ask...but there are few FFA regulars who lost their children over the last several years. 

I was thinking food too...people tend to not want to think about that stuff in times of grief. Nice to have something ready to go for them.

But jeebus...heartbreaking.

I don't know how ok it would be to ask...but there are few FFA regulars who lost their children over the last several years. 
Food is a good idea until everyone else also buys food...and a bunch of it goes to waste. You can only eat so many lasagnas. Personally I'd lean more towards giving them something that gives them the flexibility to spend on whatever it is they need most, like a Visa gift card. If you think that's too "cashy" then maybe a GC for their local supermarket that they can use as needed.

Sorry to hear about your friend's baby @CGRdrJoe

Food is a good idea until everyone else also buys food...and a bunch of it goes to waste. You can only eat so many lasagnas. Personally I'd lean more towards giving them something that gives them the flexibility to spend on whatever it is they need most, like a Visa gift card. If you think that's too "cashy" then maybe a GC for their local supermarket that they can use as needed.

Sorry to hear about your friend's baby @CGRdrJoe
Yeah, this.  My dad is a very picky eater and when my mom was sick/dying her church friends would bring food over unsolicited.  It was very nice and incredibly thoughtful, but that man eats like a 4 year old.  Much of that food went to waste.  

CGRdrJoe said:
Damn. Sorry GB. fwiw: I think the advice here so far is pretty solid. Do they need something like a GoFundMe to help pay for funeral, etc? Might be another way to go.

CGRdrJoe said:
I'd be tempted to buy them all tickets home (RT) at a future date on Alaska Airways. It would give them something to look forward to at a price you can afford.

But it might be a faux pas. If so, someone with more social grace that I can give their input.

Otoh, you'll probably need to go to another thread  community to find someone with more social grace than I.

I'd be tempted to buy them all tickets home (RT) at a future date on Alaska Airways. It would give them something to look forward to at a price you can afford.

But it might be a faux pas. If so, someone with more social grace that I can give their input.

Otoh, you'll probably need to go to another thread  community to find someone with more social grace than I.
Thanks gb, the CG was able to get their plane tickets to California and return. It was something we had all discussed and were looking to pull miles and cash for it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to come in here and whine about having no hot water, but it turns out I'm a pansy.
:lmao:   Shoot, GB, there's no right answer, well ,ever, on how much is too much.  My Uncle, who has been like my Dad, had a brain tumor. They removed that mfer today.

Personally I can't wait to dive through some play glass onto a party down below ala The Game. It's going to be bad ### epic.

ETA

Pretty happy about that tumor removal. They said they wouldn't be able to get all of it. He's a bad motherscratcher though.  lol

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sorry brother, that sucks.   Cash flow is the key to any business but some people like to "cheat" which  sends a ripple effect down the chain. It's the worst.

I'm happy to collect for the boilerplate 82%.

CGRdrJoe said:
JFC :cry: I'm so sorry.

Read something on Reddit this morning that reminded my of a story from when my daughter was younger.

I have a group of friends I’ve known since I was a kid that have an ongoing text thread. We’re really tight and the nature of the thread is largely busting each other’s balls about stuff. If I ever ran for public office and that text thread got out, I’m sure my career would be over as a lot of the stuff I’m sure would seem awful out of context. There was one particular time that one of my friends was being particularly militant about something and I responded by sending a picture indicating as much. That’s about to become relevant to this story much to my chagrin.

When my daughter was 2 or 3 she loved maps. She actually still does and she has an amazing ability to figure out where we are and remember how to get places. Even when she was young she could give you perfect directions on how to get somewhere even if she had only been there once before. So one of the things she loved to do was follow along on Google Maps on an old iPod Touch while we were driving. She would even sit at home on Google Maps looking at all the roads and other places on the maps. She was especially fascinated by fire stations and liked to find new ones.

I figured all of this was rather harmless as we had things rather locked down and figured there was nothing inappropriate that she could get to through Maps. I even had Messages and all of that stuff locked down. 

Well it turns out that kids are amazing at finding all sorts of loopholes. There was a way to access photos through Maps that were sent in a text thread. How did I find that out? Well, my Google account showed that I had recently helped out by uploading a picture of a place to Google Maps to help other people identify it when they got there. 

The place that my daughter helpfully added a picture to? A small fire station in rural NJ. The picture she grabbed from the text thread? A group of goose-stepping Nazi soldiers from WWII...

GroveDiesel said:
Read something on Reddit this morning that reminded my of a story from when my daughter was younger.

I have a group of friends I’ve known since I was a kid that have an ongoing text thread. We’re really tight and the nature of the thread is largely busting each other’s balls about stuff. If I ever ran for public office and that text thread got out, I’m sure my career would be over as a lot of the stuff I’m sure would seem awful out of context. There was one particular time that one of my friends was being particularly militant about something and I responded by sending a picture indicating as much. That’s about to become relevant to this story much to my chagrin.

When my daughter was 2 or 3 she loved maps. She actually still does and she has an amazing ability to figure out where we are and remember how to get places. Even when she was young she could give you perfect directions on how to get somewhere even if she had only been there once before. So one of the things she loved to do was follow along on Google Maps on an old iPod Touch while we were driving. She would even sit at home on Google Maps looking at all the roads and other places on the maps. She was especially fascinated by fire stations and liked to find new ones.

I figured all of this was rather harmless as we had things rather locked down and figured there was nothing inappropriate that she could get to through Maps. I even had Messages and all of that stuff locked down. 

Well it turns out that kids are amazing at finding all sorts of loopholes. There was a way to access photos through Maps that were sent in a text thread. How did I find that out? Well, my Google account showed that I had recently helped out by uploading a picture of a place to Google Maps to help other people identify it when they got there. 

The place that my daughter helpfully added a picture to? A small fire station in rural NJ. The picture she grabbed from the text thread? A group of goose-stepping Nazi soldiers from WWII...
Like your daughter, I'm into maps and I spend time exploring on Google Maps.  I used to love this game, but haven't played much lately: https://www.geoguessr.com/  Your daughter will probably love it.

I thought I saw him mention it in a post but have also not seen the invite. 
I remember them talking about "next time - TV" but didn't recall seeing a set date. 

But agree overall - it's a good time and would be better with more GMTAN presence and shtick.  Sometimes it feels like I'm crashing a Boyle family reunion.  It's also odd being the only person not in the PDT time zone most of the time.

If a co-worker is walking up the steps ahead of you and you happen to notice that they have dirt all over their butt, do you tell them before they go sit on their chair or get in their car and track it on those surfaces too?

Does you mean answer change depending on the gender, age, or relative attractiveness of the co-worker?

If a co-worker is walking up the steps ahead of you and you happen to notice that they have dirt all over their butt, do you tell them before they go sit on their chair or get in their car and track it on those surfaces too?

Does you mean answer change depending on the gender, age, or relative attractiveness of the co-worker?
you go up without a word and slap that dirt off and walk away. euphemism/non-euphemism

GroveDiesel said:

say something, to any all.

GroveDiesel said:

"Hey!  It looks like you crapped yourself!"

Users who are viewing this thread