Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

2 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

more likely, the school is trying to figure out how they can quantify how many students do the work, so they can get paid.  

I don’t get this either. My daughter’s ELA and Math curriculum are both hosted through online platforms and work done through them. They use Google Classroom for getting assignments and turning in Social Studies and Science work through that. This is pretty common I think. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Probably the Williams Act.  There’s no way a district/school can guarantee EVERY kid has equal access to learning materials...even if they’ve all been issued equipment or books or whatever.  

Seems smart. If you can’t guarantee that every kid has the ability to keep learning, then nobody should learn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

on an awesome note:  my kid has been doing tae kwon do for the last 4-5 years.  she just tested for her black belt in feb.  the dojang and the master of the dojang are AWESOME.  he set up  a virtual classs thru ZOOM.  he was at the dojang and maybe 25 kids were at home, doing a normal(ish) class.  the master saw me setting stuff up for my kid, moving the car etc., and called me out to join the class.  "mr Raiders!!  what are you doing?  it's time to work out!"  so i did!  it was a great workout.  my kid was both mortally embarrassed and proud.  high light of my day!  

• Like 9
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

I don’t get this either. My daughter’s ELA and Math curriculum are both hosted through online platforms and work done through them. They use Google Classroom for getting assignments and turning in Social Studies and Science work through that. This is pretty common I think. 

my kid's school changed spring break, to this week, instead of 2 weeks from now, so they could get ramp this up properly.  i fully expect them to cancel the rest of the school year.  they already pushed it out another week to 4/13

5 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

on an awesome note:  my kid has been doing tae kwon do for the last 4-5 years.  she just tested for her black belt in feb.  the dojang and the master of the dojang are AWESOME.  he set up  a virtual classs thru ZOOM.  he was at the dojang and maybe 25 kids were at home, doing a normal(ish) class.  the master saw me setting stuff up for my kid, moving the car etc., and called me out to join the class.  "mr Raiders!!  what are you doing?  it's time to work out!"  so i did!  it was a great workout.  my kid was both mortally embarrassed and proud.  high light of my day!  

when he asked everyone to raise their hand, if they made their bed today.  i stood there in shame.  :bag:

• Laughing 3

11 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

So do my kids.  They were getting homework almost immediately.  They were not amused.

I was

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

In our district, a lot of that stuff is for intervention or enrichment and not intended to be “direct instructional. We have to submit some other “proof” in addition to log and reports from those things in order for non-traditional instruction days to count.

We already had home use in grades 9-12 with MacBooks,, and sent grades 3-8 home with ipads for the first time. Have had a slew of requests for support getting online because they have to sign into a proxy and  parents can’t follow directions. Probably going to do k-2 next week. My life sucks right now.

Tomorrow I get to inform some parents that the reason little Johnny doesn’t have a MacBook charger in March is because he ducked his fee from the end of last year when he didn’t turn it in, or he  lost it and didn’t pay for a replacement. And he has done nothing all year long, which is how he can get by by bumming charges off his friends during the day.

Silver lining: This is literally the first time some of our parents have paid any attention at all to their child’s education.

9 minutes ago, Rustoleum said:

Silver lining: This is literally the first time some of our parents have paid any attention at all to their child’s education.

Awesome :thumbup:

Lost my sister on Sunday. She wasn't answering calls or texts so my brother and i went to her place in the afternoon,  could hear her phone ringing and ended up breaking the door down. 

Find her slumped over in her chair. Checked for a pulse but she was gone. They figure she was dead for about 12 hours,  that she had a heart attack.  56 years old. 

Saturday night she got to see my daughters debut with a new band that I was Facebooking live. She was supposed to go but she wasn't feeling well. Her last text to me was a  👍 when I told her I'd call her on Sunday. 

Live for today and tell your loved ones you love them, no one's promised a tomorrow. 

😥

• Sad 26

Aw, I"m so sorry.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

Lost my sister on Sunday. She wasn't answering calls or texts so my brother and i went to her place in the afternoon,  could hear her phone ringing and ended up breaking the door down. 

Find her slumped over in her chair. Checked for a pulse but she was gone. They figure she was dead for about 12 hours,  that she had a heart attack.  56 years old. 

Saturday night she got to see my daughters debut with a new band that I was Facebooking live. She was supposed to go but she wasn't feeling well. Her last text to me was a  👍 when I told her I'd call her on Sunday. 

Live for today and tell your loved ones you love them, no one's promised a tomorrow. 

😥

####. sorry to hear it, bud. 

• Love 1

Profound condolences, pack :(

i can't imagine what you've just gone through.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

😥

Sorry for your loss Pack.

Edited by Hawks64
  • Love 1

Four days into this work from home thing...

Marriage ending from home, more like it.

This is not going well.

• Sad 4

hang in there, man

• Thanks 1

watching Cross Country Skiing on the Olympic channel

it's so humid and foggy that at points you can't actually see anyone on the course. in the best moments you can see the guys in closeup shots, but it's like watching the Eagles v Bears fog bowl game.

7 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

watching Cross Country Skiing on the Olympic channel

it's so humid and foggy that at points you can't actually see anyone on the course. in the best moments you can see the guys in closeup shots, but it's like watching the Eagles v Bears fog bowl game.

I'm reminded of the commercials during the ...NBA? Or MLB strike...not THATS excitement!

Thoprawishes to the Packs.

• Love 1

On 3/18/2020 at 1:15 PM, OrtonToOlsen said:

Probably the Williams Act.  There’s no way a district/school can guarantee EVERY kid has equal access to learning materials...even if they’ve all been issued equipment or books or whatever.  

Yeah we got a note that none of my kids homework can be graded, but that the teachers want them doing something to keep them in a learning routine 

note:  this is just elementary school 

• Like 1

Little Rock schools just extended the closure from end of the month to April 17th at a minimum.  To be reassessed.  

She is getting assignments and doing schoolwork though.  

sorry Pack, hang in there bud

• Love 1

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

#### yeah, that's a bold mother ####### scarf!

19 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

He's going to find a strong breeze and just stand there,  with the ends of the scarf cantilevered off him. You magnificent bastard.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

He's going to find a strong breeze and just stand there,  with the ends of the scarf cantilevered off him. You magnificent bastard.

simulation

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Little Rock schools

This is terrible.  All those books aren’t going to color themselves.

• Laughing 6
  • Sad 1

My condolences, Pack.

• Love 1

Day drinking and napping are now socially acceptable.   There are some upsides.   

Stay safe, GMTANNERS

• Like 5

I don't know the rules for this.  At what point are you too drunk to go to a virtual happy hour?

• Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I don't know the rules for this.  At what point are you too drunk to go to a virtual happy hour?

The bar you have to clear is "boot up laptop" and "put on pants." If you're too drunk for that, then pass.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I was gonna say if you can get it working you’re not too drunk 

Good call on pants though too

I'm 0 for 2 at this point.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 3/18/2020 at 9:08 PM, St. Louis Bob said:

So do my kids.  They were getting homework almost immediately.  They were not amused.

I was

My rock headed 4th grader is very disappointed that his plan of “making sick memes on YouTube” for the next month is going to be replaced by doing virtual school work.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

sorry for your loss mr pack i wish you and your family the best my condolences 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I seriously can’t tell you the last time I showered or shaved.

There is a live Zoom happy hour video chat going on right now featuring my family, friends, and a couple of FBGs. If you’re not FB friends with me PM me for meeting code and password.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

There is a live Zoom happy hour video chat going on right now featuring my family, friends, and a couple of FBGs. If you’re not FB friends with me PM me for meeting code and password.

Sorry to miss it, but I couldn't abide by the "must wear pants" rule.  Will you be hosting another?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I will host a pants optional one tomorrow 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I will host a pants optional one tomorrow 

That's what you call conquering the Kobayashi Maru scenario right there

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 10:56 PM, Mr.Pack said:

😥

Very sorry, buddy.

• Love 1

Someone in another thread said that this whole thing has shut down the illicit drug trade.   

6 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Someone in another thread said that this whole thing has shut down the illicit drug trade.   

You know you can get pot delivered in our area?  We live in a beautiful world.

(I'm not even a user.)

8 minutes ago, krista4 said:

You know you can get pot delivered in our area?  We live in a beautiful world.

(I'm not even a user.)

That’s been a thing for a long time*

*also not a user.