What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (4 Viewers)

I have had a black hose from Sears that is awesome and has not rotted or cracked. Don't know if same style as linked but can check later.

Speaking of hoses, I need a new good hose reel. I have an Ames but it is leaking.
I bought 2 of these about a month ago and I like them so far (granted, it's only been 2 months). Quality, durable product. Self winding feature is clutch if you use all 100ft.

http://www.amazon.com/Suncast-Aquawinder%C2%AE-125-Foot-Capacity-Hose/dp/B00354QT9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433364614&sr=8-1&keywords=self+winding+hose+reel

Damn you guys, I just bought 3 hoses and the reels this past weekend. Mine will probably suck since they were bought without the official FBG seal of approval. FWIW I bought Neverkink hoses.

Heading to costco in a few.

Costco..... Everything they sell is awesome. Love me some Costco.
Not sure how its possible for a company to do that much right
It's not literally correct but Costco has no equal in terms of product selection. There was a great CNBC doc from a couple years back on how they run their business.
$1.50 1/4 lb Hot Dog w/drink or a $1.99 large slice of pizza on the way out..
A: BOTH! The Polish dog comes with the drink, the pizza is a double slice.

I have had a black hose from Sears that is awesome and has not rotted or cracked. Don't know if same style as linked but can check later.

Speaking of hoses, I need a new good hose reel. I have an Ames but it is leaking.
I bought 2 of these about a month ago and I like them so far (granted, it's only been 2 months). Quality, durable product. Self winding feature is clutch if you use all 100ft.

http://www.amazon.com/Suncast-Aquawinder%C2%AE-125-Foot-Capacity-Hose/dp/B00354QT9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433364614&sr=8-1&keywords=self+winding+hose+reel
I have 2 and love them. However, one is one our patio right by the grill and the water that spits out when you auto-reel it in - gets all around a heavy traffic area. Works great though.

May go with something else there.

Someone needs to report back on the 35 koozie. I laughed at you guys when you bought the $100 hoodies, and the $50 underwear, but this is something I might be onboard for.

Do the Yeti hats prevent you from getting too hot? In trying to think of why so many people in FL wear hats advertising the name of a cooler. Then again, its FL...
What do you need to know other than it works really well, but there's not a chance I'd ever pay for one myself?? It wasn't an exaggeration when someone said you could leave a beer in it just about all afternoon and it'd still be cold several hours later. That's true even in the summer sun of the FL Keys.

Starting to rethink the shave secret.

1. Yes, it is a noticeably closer shave, but the improvement I got switching from my Mach 3 to the Shick! Hydro 5 with electric vibrating goodness was a more noticeable improvement. Plus I'm not convinced that the oil doesn't give a false sense of closeness.

2. I think it might clog my blades fast, and that's going to be a deal breaker for me.

Anyone else have this clogging issue with the Shave Secret?

Oh yeah, the Shick! is the schnizzle. I believe in that product.
8 cartridges = $21. No.

Does anyone have a garden hose or brand they'd recommend? I bought one 2 years ago from Sears and finally just threw it out because of the kinking and inability to roll it up nicely. I also had one of those expandable As Seen on TV hoses, which burst after about a month. I'm thinking if I just get a decent one at Home Depot for $35+ it should last and not give me any problems. I'm going to need one pretty soon. 50 ft should be fine, but 75 ft would probably be better.
Sure do. Sears all rubber hose. I have 5 of these for my yard. It's all I use. Never kinks and lifetime warranty with Sears.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-all-rubber-garden-hose-5-8-in-x/p-07169602000P
Awesome, thanks! I might go pick that up today. No worries about dry rot with it being all rubber? From the picture it looks like it has a plastic coating or some kind of sheen which makes me think it's different than the one I ended up taking back to Home Depot because it was all rubber. As in made by Continental and looked like they just melted up some tires.
It's all rubber but I've had no problem with it. I had a hose by Good Year all rubber and it wasn't near as good. Plus like I said you can always bring it back if it fails no receipt doesn't matter.

Also these hoses go on sale all the time. They rotate between the 50 foot, 75 foot and 100 foot. This is a good price on the 50 foot.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've looked at that, and a bunch of others on Amazon. It seems they all have a good number of bad reviews.

-Makita angle grinders.

I can't believe the abuse these take and don't miss a beat. Nothing comes close to these. I've tried other brands on multiple occasions and they break or burn out.

For frequent flyers TSA Precheck or even better but a bit more of a pain a NEXUS/Global Entry card which gets you TSA Precheck and expedited customs process when traveling internationally.

I used Yeti condom in 1999 and just got notification that I'm going to be a new dad. Be careful out there, fellas.

Starting to rethink the shave secret.

1. Yes, it is a noticeably closer shave, but the improvement I got switching from my Mach 3 to the Shick! Hydro 5 with electric vibrating goodness was a more noticeable improvement. Plus I'm not convinced that the oil doesn't give a false sense of closeness.

2. I think it might clog my blades fast, and that's going to be a deal breaker for me.

Anyone else have this clogging issue with the Shave Secret?

Oh yeah, the Shick! is the schnizzle. I believe in that product.
I have a clogging issue with SS. I used the product twice and shelved it. I somehow cut myself on both shaves too, which I rarely ever do. Based on the unanimously awesome reviews here, I chalked it up to my own user error and moved on.
Not really seeing this one either. Getting just as much irritation as I do without using a shave oil. May have to go back to expensive Truefitt Shave Oil, Will up the amount and see how it goes.

I do use a double edge shave with Feather blades. If you grow a thick beard and shave each day, like I do, Feather really cuts that #### down.

Not sure its longevity, but I bought a Hawke foldable jacket with down feathers and this thing is ####### awesome, Super light, yet pretty warm. Can pop it into a small space in the bag when it is hot and take it back out without wrinkles. In SF for the week and this thing has been invaluable with the constantly changing weather.

Otis said:
These Clark's shoes I bought on the Righetti recommendation are pretty crappy. I mean, I didn't pay much for them, but they're the same as the other crappy shoes I spend under a hundred bucks for (Kenneth Cole), actually, not even as good as my usuals. I was expecting these to have extra cushioning or something and be super comfortable.

:kicksrock:
You are crazy

The General said:
For frequent flyers TSA Precheck or even better but a bit more of a pain a NEXUS/Global Entry card which gets you TSA Precheck and expedited customs process when traveling internationally.
Agree 100%.

Global Entry and TSA precheck are the best money/time you can spend

The General said:
Agree 100%.

Global Entry and TSA precheck are the best money/time you can spend
Plus when you travel with friends who don't have it, you can mock them while they're waiting in line.

Best upgrade you can do to a computer. :thumbup:

Since this thread is brand specific, I like Crucial.
Have a question for you SSD guys. I have a Lenovo thinkpad that's 4 years old. It's starting to slow down a bit. Looking on ebay, I think I can get $150ish for it. I basically use it for web browsing and microsoft office stuff.

Would it be worth while dropping $200 on a SSD, or just selling this computer and getting a new one for $800ish?

Will the SSD make that big of a difference?

Slapdash said:
Not sure its longevity, but I bought a Hawke foldable jacket with down feathers and this thing is ####### awesome, Super light, yet pretty warm. Can pop it into a small space in the bag when it is hot and take it back out without wrinkles. In SF for the week and this thing has been invaluable with the constantly changing weather.
Detest the look of these type of jackets

Have a question for you SSD guys. I have a Lenovo thinkpad that's 4 years old. It's starting to slow down a bit. Looking on ebay, I think I can get $150ish for it. I basically use it for web browsing and microsoft office stuff.

Would it be worth while dropping $200 on a SSD, or just selling this computer and getting a new one for $800ish?

I put this one in my wife's laptop that is about 4 years old. Made a huge difference in performance. 120 GB is small in today's standards but I wiped her old hard drive and turned it into a nice little external hard drive that she only uses to store files. There are slim, cheap cases it will fit into with a usb cable. Just plug it in and you have your extra 500 GB, or whatever.

Course they sell 250GB -1TB SSDs as well.

Used just for web browsing and office.. you'll see a big difference. Everything will launch faster.

Plowboys Yardbird Rub for Chicken

John Henry's Pecan Rub for pork shoulder/Boston butt for pulled pork (makes great tasting bark when spritzed with a mixture of apple juice and Cpt Morgan spiced rum on occasion).

Dells marinade for steak, grilled veggies, and grilled pork tenderloin.

Montreal Steak seasoning.

I put this one in my wife's laptop that is about 4 years old. Made a huge difference in performance. 120 GB is small in today's standards but I wiped her old hard drive and turned it into a nice little external hard drive that she only uses to store files. There are slim, cheap cases it will fit into with a usb cable. Just plug it in and you have your extra 500 GB, or whatever.

Used just for web browsing and office.. you'll see a big difference. Everything will launch faster.
thx. Follow any specific link/instructions for the install

thx. Follow any specific link/instructions for the install
it comes with an installation disk that guides you through the cloning process. There are also youtube vids showing the install into a laptop. And IIRC there are written instructions from one of the commentors on the amazon ratings page for the SSD. It is easy to set up.

ETA: pdf link

[icon] said:
I used Yeti condom in 1999 and just got notification that I'm going to be a new dad. Be careful out there, fellas.
Who knew the gestation period for Yeti was 15 years. What is going to be the name for the baby Yeti? Can she prove it's yours?

Does anyone have a garden hose or brand they'd recommend? I bought one 2 years ago from Sears and finally just threw it out because of the kinking and inability to roll it up nicely. I also had one of those expandable As Seen on TV hoses, which burst after about a month. I'm thinking if I just get a decent one at Home Depot for $35+ it should last and not give me any problems. I'm going to need one pretty soon. 50 ft should be fine, but 75 ft would probably be better.
Sure do. Sears all rubber hose. I have 5 of these for my yard. It's all I use. Never kinks and lifetime warranty with Sears.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-all-rubber-garden-hose-5-8-in-x/p-07169602000P
Awesome, thanks! I might go pick that up today. No worries about dry rot with it being all rubber? From the picture it looks like it has a plastic coating or some kind of sheen which makes me think it's different than the one I ended up taking back to Home Depot because it was all rubber. As in made by Continental and looked like they just melted up some tires.
I've had three all rubber hoses for 15 years now. I even leave them outside in the winter. No issues whatsoever, and they look and perform like they did on day 1.

Otis said:
These Clark's shoes I bought on the Righetti recommendation are pretty crappy. I mean, I didn't pay much for them, but they're the same as the other crappy shoes I spend under a hundred bucks for (Kenneth Cole), actually, not even as good as my usuals. I was expecting these to have extra cushioning or something and be super comfortable.

:kicksrock:
You are crazy
He probably just bought the most expensive pair without trying any on.

Next time you should try on a few pairs you jabroni.

anything by Lodge

I purchased an enameled dutch oven many moons ago and I asked if I could get a new handle since mine was not the steel kind that could withstand the higher temps. Sent one out right away no questions asked. The same dutch oven also came out of the oven one time with a pea sized piece of enamel missing. They asked me to document what happened and send them a couple of pictures and voila, I received a brand new dutch oven. I still use the old one and the functionality is not affected but it is at least 10 years old so I would have been buying a new one eventually anyhow. Great customer service and products.

ragincajun said:
Oh yes.. I hope this stuff works. Hate to iron.

Have you tried a steamer like this?
I don't know how it works, but that spray does work. We have a garment steamer that works fine, but the spray is much faster and convenient.
I use to buy wrinkle releaser but having water in the spray bottle works just as well. Use it daily.

Wrinkle release guy here as well. Unfortunately it doesn't work much on dress shirts, which is why I iron or steam. Hate it.

Slapdash said:
The thing I really cannot stand about jackets are the high necks and that gets around it. But, I live in a city where I mostly just wear an overcoat the few weeks a year I need a jacket. So YMMV, just been very impressed with how functional it is.

Slapdash said:
All I can think of is the girl from Red Dawn.

Users who are viewing this thread