What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (4 Viewers)

my 15 year old plasma Panasonic tv just crapped out.

anyone have experience with TCL Q7 QLED with Google TV?

worried about the google interface (heard about some glitches when it first came out) and viewing angle

Purchased a Purple Leaf cantilever umbrella (10x12). Put it up Memorial Day weekend.
Happy with it so far.
Not complicated to assemble but awkward because of its size. Best done with 2 people. Better if at least 1 is 6'+ tall.
Umbrella and base about $1100 which was reasonable compared to local specialty shops which had nicer ones but in the $5-6k range.

Splurge Alert. YETI Trailhead camping chair, $300. Find discounts through ****'s Sporting Goods, REI, etc. and save 10-20%.

Beautiful. comfortable, easily portable, camping chair.

I love most things YETI, including this. I bought it for me for my 50th, mostly for the insane amount of kids soccer we'll have in the years ahead. We picnic a lot and occasionally overnight camp too, maybe 1-2x/year.

Keep it away from fires. I've read sparks melt the mesh fabric.

I'm all for quality **** and splurging, guilty on multiple levels, especially as we age and know the end could be closer than we think.

But you have got to be kidding me on a $300 beach chair.
I'd do it again. It's awesome.

The problem is they do not state that the rivets are stainless steel. That thing would rust at the beach same as a 40 dollar chair.

used sonicare electric toothbrush for years, switched to Oral B, got one of medium-end models for about 100 bucks, so much better not sure how sonicare stays in business.

used sonicare electric toothbrush for years, switched to Oral B, got one of medium-end models for about 100 bucks, so much better not sure how sonicare stays in business.
Oral-B is cheaper but it's not better. Cheaper is questionable as well; Costco had a Sonicare model on sale for <$70 recently.

According to a NCBI research-based article where Sonicare and Oral-B electric toothbrushes were compared, it stated, “Overall, this study demonstrates that long-term use of these two electric toothbrushes improves periodontal health in adult periodontitis patients, and that the Sonicare brush is superior to the Braun (Oral- B) brush in reducing gingival inflammation and probing depth. Moreover, 6 months’ use of Sonicare led to actual improvement in probing attachment levels of periodontal pockets.”

Oral-B is cheaper but it's not better. Cheaper is questionable as well; Costco had a Sonicare model on sale for <$70 recently.

According to a NCBI research-based article where Sonicare and Oral-B electric toothbrushes were compared, it stated, “Overall, this study demonstrates that long-term use of these two electric toothbrushes improves periodontal health in adult periodontitis patients, and that the Sonicare brush is superior to the Braun (Oral- B) brush in reducing gingival inflammation and probing depth. Moreover, 6 months’ use of Sonicare led to actual improvement in probing attachment levels of periodontal pockets.”

have you used them both?

have you used them both?
Yes. I actually still have both.

have you used them both?
Yes. I actually still have both.
Well ok, i don't think either is cheaper i think they both have tons of models at different price points - although the replacment heads for Oral B are definitely cheaper. when I switched to Oral B I couldn't believe how much cleaner my mouth felt but I guess some people prefer sonicare.

Fyi with sonicare .... You still should brush your teeth as you would with a regular toothbrush. Don't let the toothbrush do all the work

My dentist told me that when I told him I switched over to sonicare from regular and they were like it doesn't look like it

I read studies about 8 years ago that indicated that, while both are good, Oral B was superior at removing plaque buildup while Sonicare was superior at preventing gingivitis.

Fyi with sonicare .... You still should brush your teeth as you would with a regular toothbrush. Don't let the toothbrush do all the work

My dentist told me that when I told him I switched over to sonicare from regular and they were like it doesn't look like it
Well yeah, you have to move from tooth to tooth. ;)

my 15 year old plasma Panasonic tv just crapped out.

anyone have experience with TCL Q7 QLED with Google TV?

worried about the google interface (heard about some glitches when it first came out) and viewing angle

My ~15 year old 50" Penny Plasma is still rolling with heavy use. Love this set. Dreading the day it craps out.

This study that showed Phillips > Oral B has one really large flaw:

"Conflict of interest statement:

F. Mirza, K. Argosino, M. Ward, and San-San Ou are employed by Philips Oral Healthcare."

Of note:

I spent a half decade in the dental industry working with prosthodontists and periodontists. I've directed oral surgeons in the OR during restorative dentistry procedures.

My dentist/buddy is one of the leading Prosthodontists in America and he uses an Oral B brush. Use either one.. it's picking nits between the two.

F. Mirza, K. Argosino, M. Ward, and San-San Ou are employed by Philips Oral Healthcare."
Most of these studies have conflicts of interest like this and aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Of note:

I spent a half decade in the dental industry working with prosthodontists and periodontists. I've directed oral surgeons in the OR during restorative dentistry procedures.

My dentist/buddy is one of the leading Prosthodontists in America and he uses an Oral B brush. Use either one.. it's picking nits between the two.
4 out of 5 dentists that work for Sonicare prefer Sonicare! (and the 5th one no longer works at Sonicare)

Last edited:

Of note:

Your last statement is key. Wherein the first post said "so much better and not sure how they stay in business" reality is they're both good and both have pros and cons. I've used both and prefer the Philips.

Of note:

4 out of 5 dentists that work for Sonicare prefer Sonicare! (and the 5th one no longer works at Sonicare)
And pretty much every dentist who gets freebies from Oral-B prefers Oral-B. :hifive:

It doesn’t even have a second cup holder!
Lol
Agreed. This is a design flaw for sure!

Also, to be clear, I would not buy this at $300, but I was happy to with a 20% off coupon.

Where did you get the coupon? That chair looks nice
Sorry. This got by me. I got it in an email I think.

Right now, there's a 30% coupon at Kittery Trading Post (min. purchase required, I think $300). Use FFJULY23.

Lots of Yeti stuff, including chairs and coolers, and lots of other high-quality brands too. I'm tempted to get another chair. My daughter keeps sitting in mine.

It doesn’t even have a second cup holder!
Lol
Agreed. This is a design flaw for sure!

Also, to be clear, I would not buy this at $300, but I was happy to with a 20% off coupon.

Where did you get the coupon? That chair looks nice
Sorry. This got by me. I got it in an email I think.

Right now, there's a 30% coupon at Kittery Trading Post (min. purchase required, I think $300). Use FFJULY23.

Lots of Yeti stuff, including chairs and coolers, and lots of other high-quality brands too. I'm tempted to get another chair. My daughter keeps sitting in mine.
Oh now they are sold out and I didn't pull the trigger yet. I know all you dudes making fun of me went out and bought one or two or five, didn't you...

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread