What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (2 Viewers)

Yea from what I see its pretty conservative. Guys like Alf/Colston/Fitz/Marshall. Meh. That last draft we're in together, the avg age of your first 10 picks is like 42. If you think that crew is getting u back into the winners circle, so be it. To each their own. Meanwhile, if I hit on Gordon/Martin there with Dez/Hilton/Evans/Tate, that's not a boom team? Of course it is. And u know that. But wait, it's impossible for Gordon/Martin to be any good. Because u think so.

Good luck Shawn.

I'm done with this back and forth banter.

Season has to start at some point! :)
I would call it a boom squad. Looks like you have WR5, WR9, WR12 and WR16 according to FBGuys draft list.

On average you should be hitting between 60 and 80 ppw out of those 4 WR. Your QB should give you 20-25. That's 80-105 out of 5 spots on average. If you can hit 10 ppw average out of the 5 other positions, you're in the playoffs.

There's going to be some big weeks out of those WR's.
I loved his first 7 picks of this draft and I have said that.. The problem is you are counting on 7 guys... During bye weeks and when guys get hurt he doesn't have players to plug in... That was my problem with this team... If everyone stays healthy all year then he has a chance for playoffs but I haven't had too many teams lately that didn't have injuries throughout the year...
I don't know. The more you look at it, he's not really counting on 7 players.

He has the SD, TB and TEN top 2 early down backs. Really, he should only need the TEN backfield in weeks 6 and 10 when the other two teams are on byes. For the most part it's going to be Gordon and Martin. He's handcuffed both of them in case of an injury. Are these ideal backfields? No but you can't take 4 WR to start and end up with horses at RB.

He's counting on those 4 WR's. If one goes down, he's in trouble but realistically we're all counting on our top 4 picks and if we lose one, we're in trouble. DGB and Huff have some pretty decent upside for late WR's.

Ryan is a pretty decent option at QB. It's not like the Falcons are going to grind out many games on the ground. Coleman is their biggest back at 5'11"-206. The weapons aren't there but with the additions of Tamme, Hankerson and Hardy they are probably better off than last year where he put up 21.7 ppg as the QB7.

Eifert is a decent option at TE. I personnaly think Ladarius could be big. We know where you guys stand on Donnell.

Seahawks are the top defence to own.

He is weak at kicker since Barth got cut.

It's more that you wrote earlier that Mr. Gildz hasn't posted a boom or bust squad yet. If this isn't a boom or bust squad then I don't know what is. It goes boom if the 4 WR stay healthy and Gordon and Martin produce like mid RB2's. It goes bust if those WR's get hurt and the SD, TEN and TB backfields are terrible.

Yea from what I see its pretty conservative. Guys like Alf/Colston/Fitz/Marshall. Meh. That last draft we're in together, the avg age of your first 10 picks is like 42. If you think that crew is getting u back into the winners circle, so be it. To each their own. Meanwhile, if I hit on Gordon/Martin there with Dez/Hilton/Evans/Tate, that's not a boom team? Of course it is. And u know that. But wait, it's impossible for Gordon/Martin to be any good. Because u think so.

Good luck Shawn.

I would call it a boom squad. Looks like you have WR5, WR9, WR12 and WR16 according to FBGuys draft list.

On average you should be hitting between 60 and 80 ppw out of those 4 WR. Your QB should give you 20-25. That's 80-105 out of 5 spots on average. If you can hit 10 ppw average out of the 5 other positions, you're in the playoffs.

I loved his first 7 picks of this draft and I have said that.. The problem is you are counting on 7 guys... During bye weeks and when guys get hurt he doesn't have players to plug in... That was my problem with this team... If everyone stays healthy all year then he has a chance for playoffs but I haven't had too many teams lately that didn't have injuries throughout the year...

He has the SD, TB and TEN top 2 early down backs. Really, he should only need the TEN backfield in weeks 6 and 10 when the other two teams are on byes. For the most part it's going to be Gordon and Martin. He's handcuffed both of them in case of an injury. Are these ideal backfields? No but you can't take 4 WR to start and end up with horses at RB.

He's counting on those 4 WR's. If one goes down, he's in trouble but realistically we're all counting on our top 4 picks and if we lose one, we're in trouble. DGB and Huff have some pretty decent upside for late WR's.

Ryan is a pretty decent option at QB. It's not like the Falcons are going to grind out many games on the ground. Coleman is their biggest back at 5'11"-206. The weapons aren't there but with the additions of Tamme, Hankerson and Hardy they are probably better off than last year where he put up 21.7 ppg as the QB7.

Eifert is a decent option at TE. I personnaly think Ladarius could be big. We know where you guys stand on Donnell.

It's more that you wrote earlier that Mr. Gildz hasn't posted a boom or bust squad yet. If this isn't a boom or bust squad then I don't know what is. It goes boom if the 4 WR stay healthy and Gordon and Martin produce like mid RB2's. It goes bust if those WR's get hurt and the SD, TEN and TB backfields are terrible.
See I don't think its boom at all with those 4 is the problem.. Dez is great and Hilton will have huge weeks and average weeks.. I think Evans is a bust this year for WRs selected in top 3 rounds (JMO) and Tate is ok but nothing special without Calvin being out.

He has no upside at RB IMO.. Gordon is being picked by just about every expert as a Bust pick this year because of his inability to block. He will not play on third downs and will lose work on first and second to Woodhead and Oliver when they go into any hurry up. I think his ceiling is very limited while his floor is pretty low. They have already talked that if he doesn't show better this weekend he might not even start which would kill all value because like I said he gets Zero third down work. I like the 5th round price tag though and is worth the gamble IMO. He then has two of the worst backfields covered yes. I think a time share in each is very possible hurting the upside even more. They are grinders and will get points but nothing huge.. Boom means ability to go big.. I like Ryan and Eifert a lot and they should be very good for him..

This team would of been a boom team if he drafted T. Coleman instead of Cobb in the 9th. He could of had Foster over Martin and then take Simms incase Martin doesn't work out. Or stay with Martin in round 6 and draft someone other than Simms to maximize potential value.. He would of had more chances to get stud players in case of injuries.. That's a boom team.. With him drafting all his handcuffs that's a single league move.. Honestly the best thing for this team would be if one of the Tennessee backs and Tampa backs get hurt so the other would have more work..

Those are the reasons I don't see it as a boom team..

This is also why I see it as a playoff fringe to bust team.. Only time will tell.. Who the fkc knows this team could win the whole thing.. Nobody gave my team a chance including me going into the playoffs of winning the whole thing with Eli Manning as my number 1 QB.. I had teams that were ten times better on paper going into the playoffs that year. You just never know.. Injuries play such a huge part and they will again this year..

Last edited by a moderator:
I can say this though I was extremely high on J. Hill to start the year and have him in a lot of leagues. Its looking more and more like he could be a bust out of the gates for me.. That would be 10 teams right there that I wasted a top 10 round pick in.. Hopefully he still shows up but I'm not sure anymore..

My point is we are all right sometimes and we are all wrong sometimes.. Its preseason and none of us know anything at this point and anything can happen. Its the greatness in this game that we can have 10 people look at things and all see something different. That's why I love these drafts no two of them are ever the same.. Crap who would of ever guessed at the beginning of last year that LaFell would outscore Calvin, Forsett would be a top 10 RB or Odell Beckham would be the key to everyone winning huge money..

They have to play the games.. Can't wait..

Good luck Shawn.

See I don't think its boom at all with those 4 is the problem.. Dez is great and Hilton will have huge weeks and average weeks.. I think Evans is a bust this year for WRs selected in top 3 rounds (JMO) and Tate is ok but nothing special without Calvin being out.

He has no upside at RB IMO.. Gordon is being picked by just about every expert as a Bust pick this year because of his inability to block. He will not play on third downs and will lose work on first and second to Woodhead and Oliver when they go into any hurry up. I think his ceiling is very limited while his floor is pretty low. They have already talked that if he doesn't show better this weekend he might not even start which would kill all value because like I said he gets Zero third down work. I like the 5th round price tag though and is worth the gamble IMO. He then has two of the worst backfields covered yes. I think a time share in each is very possible hurting the upside even more. They are grinders and will get points but nothing huge.. Boom means ability to go big.. I like Ryan and Eifert a lot and they should be very good for him..

This team would of been a boom team if he drafted T. Coleman instead of Cobb in the 9th. He could of had Foster over Martin and then take Simms incase Martin doesn't work out. Or stay with Martin in round 6 and draft someone other than Simms to maximize potential value.. He would of had more chances to get stud players in case of injuries.. That's a boom team.. With him drafting all his handcuffs that's a single league move.. Honestly the best thing for this team would be if one of the Tennessee backs and Tampa backs get hurt so the other would have more work..

This is also why I see it as a playoff fringe to bust team.. Only time will tell.. Who the fkc knows this team could win the whole thing.. Nobody gave my team a chance including me going into the playoffs of winning the whole thing with Eli Manning as my number 1 QB.. I had teams that were ten times better on paper going into the playoffs that year. You just never know.. Injuries play such a huge part and they will again this year..
Yep, really nobody knows what's going to happen. Your opinion it isn't a boom/bust team, I can respect that. I think it is.

If he finds this year's Justin Forsett, the story could change instantly. Remember Peyton Hillis that one year? Maybe 2010?

I can say this though I was extremely high on J. Hill to start the year and have him in a lot of leagues. Its looking more and more like he could be a bust out of the gates for me.. That would be 10 teams right there that I wasted a top 10 round pick in.. Hopefully he still shows up but I'm not sure anymore..

My point is we are all right sometimes and we are all wrong sometimes.. Its preseason and none of us know anything at this point and anything can happen. Its the greatness in this game that we can have 10 people look at things and all see something different. That's why I love these drafts no two of them are ever the same.. Crap who would of ever guessed at the beginning of last year that LaFell would outscore Calvin, Forsett would be a top 10 RB or Odell Beckham would be the key to everyone winning huge money..

I can't wait either.

What year was it that you won this?

I had a nice run in 2011. That wasn't your year was it?

I can't wait either.

It was 2013...

I have had 3 top 5 finishes in overall contests in the last 5 years..

Finished 4th, 2nd, and then finally won...

Finished 2nd overall in regular overall season points one year and 3rd another.. Both of these teams did bad in the shootout though.. One cashed while the other tanked completely.

Good luck Shawn.

Yep, really nobody knows what's going to happen. Your opinion it isn't a boom/bust team, I can respect that. I think it is.

If he finds this year's Justin Forsett, the story could change instantly. Remember Peyton Hillis that one year? Maybe 2010?
Sure do, he had a monster year... Next year he was a 2nd rounder and completely killed teams..

I can't wait either.

It was 2013...

I have had 3 top 5 finishes in overall contests in the last 5 years..

Finished 4th, 2nd, and then finally won...

Finished 2nd overall in regular overall season points one year and 3rd another.. Both of these teams did bad in the shootout though.. One cashed while the other tanked completely.
You've done well. Congratulations.

I finished 10th OA in 2011. Think I was sitting 2nd going into that final weekend. Then heartbreak... Had Tony Romo as my QB and he got hurt on the first series and gave me an egg. Don't think I would have won it because the top guy had a good final week. But ~20 pts out of Romo would have given me second.

Just nailed it that year. Welker, Ray Rice, MJD, Pettigrew (yes he was good at one point) and Celek. Hit Nate Washington late, he was like WR15. Stashed Toby Gerhart and Marion Barber and they came through.

Drafted from the 8th spot tonight like this team better than my first one.

P.Manning,Stafford

D.Murray,L.Miller,J.Bell,D.Sproles,D.Robinson,Z.Stacey

D.Thomas,J.Matthews,M.Wallace,V.Cruz,Fitz,Mal Floyd,Sanu

H.Miller,V.Rivera

D.Carpenter,D.Bailey

Pats
Hey guys this is one I drafted back in July.Good or bad what do you guys think?

Drafted from the 8th spot tonight like this team better than my first one.

P.Manning,Stafford

D.Murray,L.Miller,J.Bell,D.Sproles,D.Robinson,Z.Stacey

D.Thomas,J.Matthews,M.Wallace,V.Cruz,Fitz,Mal Floyd,Sanu

H.Miller,V.Rivera

D.Carpenter,D.Bailey

Pats
Hey guys this is one I drafted back in July.Good or bad what do you guys think?
I think it looks pretty good everywhere but TE.

You might want to change Stacy into a TE on that first waiver period. Suggest Ben Watson. He probably wasn't drafted back in July. He could be solid.

Speaking of boom/bust teams this one is from last night. RBs were flying off the board. 6 spot

Brady, Bradford

Yeldon, Blount, Joique, Duke, Khiry,Bush, Polk

Cobb, Evans, Sanders, Allen, Latimer, Montcrief, Aiken

Gronk, Green

Indy/McManus

Those RBs are scary but if I can find this years Forsett/CJ this could turn out pretty good. What do you guys think?

Speaking of boom/bust teams this one is from last night. RBs were flying off the board. 6 spot

Brady, Bradford

Gronk, Green

Indy/McManus

Those RBs are scary but if I can find this years Forsett/CJ this could turn out pretty good. What do you guys think?
I think it will be an uphill battle.. Gronk will make up for some that's for sure.. I'm starting to worry a little on Sanders, its been a long time now that he has been out with no real update. You did well to grab Latimer just in case. It will also be interesting to see what's up with Bell, I wonder how healthy he is and what type of condition he will be in since he hasn't practiced yet. You do have upside though and just need someone to hit..

Brady, Bradford

Gronk, Green

Indy/McManus

I think it will be an uphill battle.. Gronk will make up for some that's for sure.. I'm starting to worry a little on Sanders, its been a long time now that he has been out with no real update. You did well to grab Latimer just in case. It will also be interesting to see what's up with Bell, I wonder how healthy he is and what type of condition he will be in since he hasn't practiced yet. You do have upside though and just need someone to hit..
I think its a complete bust of a team. With out finding Forsett/CJ it finishes sub .500 and is abandoned by week 6.

Brady, Bradford

Gronk, Green

Indy/McManus

I think its a complete bust of a team. With out finding Forsett/CJ it finishes sub .500 and is abandoned by week 6.
Come on man.

If you don't like someone's team, a simple 'I'm not a fan' will suffice. Or no comment at all.

I do agree that this team could bomb but to call it a complete bust is not fair. There isn't another team in the league with the WR/TE strength of this team and while RBs look bad at the moment things change in the NFL very quickly. Duke has a legt shot at winning the Cle job, if/when CJ gets hurt Khiry becomes an instant RB2, Joique will keep early down/goalline work etc. Plus there's the waiver wire. I do need for a few things to go my way but which team here doesn't?

I do agree that this team could bomb but to call it a complete bust is not fair. There isn't another team in the league with the WR/TE strength of this team and while RBs look bad at the moment things change in the NFL very quickly. Duke has a legt shot at winning the Cle job, if/when CJ gets hurt Khiry becomes an instant RB2, Joique will keep early down/goalline work etc. Plus there's the waiver wire. I do need for a few things to go my way but which team here doesn't?
Most of winning comes down to roster management. They guy that won last year from the look of his roster added 3-4 guys that helped him win. In one league I was in last year I busted on my 2nd,3rd,4th, and 6th round picks and almost made the playoffs off of points scored. :shrug:

I like Bradford, Cobb, Evans, Gronk. Find an RB1 is what I would say and I don't think he is on your team today....but thats not a huge deal.

And its a wrap...From the 10 hole.

QB: Brees (7), Cutler (19)

RB: Abdullah (4), Gurley (5), Hyde (6), Matthews (9), Freeman (10), White (15)

WR: Beckham (1), Cobb (2), Matthews (3), Perriman (12), Stills (14), Beasley (17)

TE: Julius (8), Vernon D (11), Ladarius G (13), Virgil Green (16)

Def: BMore (18)

K: Prater (20)

GL to all.

Sooooo... I was in the 10:00 with Gildz, and Coots' nemesis.

1st and only this year. I guess next year, I should sign up more in advance to avoid the sharks who get in 2-3 per day on a whim.

I kept flip-flopping between winning the league and winning it all, and got bit in the ### a couple times. Overall I think my team is a 6th place kind of team. However, I'm not worried as The Pac Man Ghosts always seem to win $500. Scratch our way into the playoffs, win week 12, get blown out week 13, and finish just outside the FBG subscriptions. Collect $150 for 75 hours of work, and return next year.

As for this draft, I had Knile taken right before I was going to. Panic'd a bit and took Sproles where I probably should have taken Hillman. And I think I went CharlesX too early considering Wallace went like 4 rounds later. Should have went R.Wilson there, I guess. And I had my eye on Duke J., not that he was close to me. In this format, I wouldn't normally consider a hc, but Starks at 19 was a no-brainer (makes me wish I took Lynch in the first). Was thinking Rivera for a 3rd TE in the 20th, but screw it. Took Mariota for 2-3 weeks against Tannehill, and who knows he may blow up and rush for 10 TDs.

QB - Tannehill (11), Mariota (20)

RB - Lacy (1), Mason (7), Jennings (8), Artis-Payne (13), Oliver (14), DeAngelo (18), Starks (19)

WR - Hilton (2), Sanders (4), Landry (5), CharlesX (6), Quick (12), Hankerson (16)

TE - Kelce (3), O.Daniels (9)

K - Vinatieri (17)

D - MIA (15)

WR: Beckham (1), Cobb (2), Matthews (3), Perriman (12), Stills (14), Beasley (17)

GL to all.
You were a bit ways away from me, so we didn't compete much, early on. I would've like Matthews, but Sanders is a decent consolation. Other than that, maybe Julius as a high upside guy (I don't envy your coaching decisions at TE each week)... starting with week 1 where you play us. Good luck weeks 2-11.

1st and only this year. I guess next year, I should sign up more in advance to avoid the sharks who get in 2-3 per day on a whim.

I kept flip-flopping between winning the league and winning it all, and got bit in the ### a couple times. Overall I think my team is a 6th place kind of team. However, I'm not worried as The Pac Man Ghosts always seem to win $500. Scratch our way into the playoffs, win week 12, get blown out week 13, and finish just outside the FBG subscriptions. Collect $150 for 75 hours of work, and return next year.

As for this draft, I had Knile taken right before I was going to. Panic'd a bit and took Sproles where I probably should have taken Hillman. And I think I went CharlesX too early considering Wallace went like 4 rounds later. Should have went R.Wilson there, I guess. And I had my eye on Duke J., not that he was close to me. In this format, I wouldn't normally consider a hc, but Starks at 19 was a no-brainer (makes me wish I took Lynch in the first). Was thinking Rivera for a 3rd TE in the 20th, but screw it. Took Mariota for 2-3 weeks against Tannehill, and who knows he may blow up and rush for 10 TDs.

RB - Lacy (1), Mason (7), Jennings (8), Artis-Payne (13), Oliver (14), DeAngelo (18), Starks (19)

WR - Hilton (2), Sanders (4), Landry (5), CharlesX (6), Quick (12), Hankerson (16)

K - Vinatieri (17)

D - MIA (15)
Looks pretty good. RB2 should work its way out somehow.

If you were having trouble deciding whether to win your league or overall I would suggest overall. The payout is slightly higher. Haha. That was a joke. Good luck.

Opinions please from the Shark pool:

From the nine slot:

QB- M.Ryan(7),T.Bridgewater(12)

RB- E.Lacy(1),C.J.Anderson(2),D.Martin(5),T.Mason(9),D.Johnson(13),A.Williams(16)

WR- A.Johnson(3),E.Sanders(4),S.Watkins(6),E.Royal(11),T.Williams(14),R.Randle(15),M.Jones(17)

TE- Z.Ertz(8),H.Miller(10)

K- J.Brown

DEF- Carolina,Jax

Opinions please from the Shark pool:

From the nine slot:

QB- M.Ryan(7),T.Bridgewater(12)

RB- E.Lacy(1),C.J.Anderson(2),D.Martin(5),T.Mason(9),D.Johnson(13),A.Williams(16)

WR- A.Johnson(3),E.Sanders(4),S.Watkins(6),E.Royal(11),T.Williams(14),R.Randle(15),M.Jones(17)

TE- Z.Ertz(8),H.Miller(10)

K- J.Brown

DEF- Carolina,Jax
Strong team!

K - Vinatieri (17)

D - MIA (15)
My buddy was in this draft with you guys.. He said Gildz was convinced it was me... You are only lacking a RB2 which is the easiest to find in FA.. Looks good other wise..

GL to all.
I think the RBs could be better. I don't like that RB group that much. Ameer, Gurley and Hyde?

These tournaments are tricky because one may have to take a bit of risk in order to get a team that finishes in the top 2-3 of a league. It seems people take extra risk because they want to try to finish high in the playoffs.

Well, drafted earlier and used Draft Dominator mostly.

Had the 4th pick. Honestly I hate my team, lol. What do you guys think?

QB: Matthew Stafford, Colin Kaepernick

RB: DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris, Giovani Bernard, Darren Sproles, Khiry Robinson

WR: Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Eddie Royal, Doug Baldwin, Rueben Randle, Mohamed Sanu, Jeff Janis

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Austin Seferian-Jenkins

K: Justin Tucker

D: GB

feel like my WRs are going to be on sputtering offenses (and Fitz not exactly a WR1 or even WR2 anymore), and my RBs are so damn risky.

5 spot

QB-roethlisberger/Winston

RB-forsett/gore/Ellington/Cobb/randle/David Johnson

WR-Julio/Marshall/Steve smith/hurns/moncrief

TE-Rudolph/walker/lad green/Rivera

K-Bailey

Def-Arizona/Cincy

Well, drafted earlier and used Draft Dominator mostly.

Had the 4th pick. Honestly I hate my team, lol. What do you guys think?

QB: Matthew Stafford, Colin Kaepernick

RB: DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris, Giovani Bernard, Darren Sproles, Khiry Robinson

WR: Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Eddie Royal, Doug Baldwin, Rueben Randle, Mohamed Sanu, Jeff Janis

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Austin Seferian-Jenkins

K: Justin Tucker

D: GB

feel like my WRs are going to be on sputtering offenses (and Fitz not exactly a WR1 or even WR2 anymore), and my RBs are so damn risky.
OK, this one went a bit better...

QB: P Rivers, T Bridgewater
RB: M. Lynch, M Forte, J Stewart, S Vereen, D Sproles, R Bush, R Turbin
WR: E Sanders, D Jackson, L Fitzgerald, E Royal, B Perriman, K Britt, B Hartline
TE: D Walker, J Hill
K: B McManus
D: IND

From the 5 hole:

QB: Luck (3), Mariota (18)

RB: Bell (1), Abdullah (4), Martin (5), Duke J (8), Hillman (11), West (17), Karlos Williams (19)

WR: Hilton (2), Wallace (7), Boldin (9), Quick (10), Green-Beckham (14), Dorsett (16)

TE: Julius (6), Donnell (12), L. Green (13)

Def: Seattle (15)

Not to fond of this one.
its better than your other ones
Was waiting for this comment.

Just would have liked to seen better after those top 3 picks. This draft was tough and the values from early drafts are few and far between.

The Julius pick was a function of TE's flying. Think 10-11 were already gone at this point. Should have went Agahlor there. Pushing Wallace to my WR3. Then grabbed 1 of the Daniels/Davis/ASJ tier later. I'd like it alot better I believe.

I'm pretty sure this is the 1st time I've owned Boldin...ever. But was actually happy to get him here.
I like it better than your other ones as well. Ameer is going way to high and I don't like J Thomas.
Like I said.... I don't like J Thomas. Dude is made of GLASS.......The news he is out 4 weeks is going to kill his value.

From the 7th Hole:The following is this years Squad. Let me know what you think:

QB - Tony Romo

RB - C.J Anderson, Lamar Miller, Gio Bernard, Darren Sproles, DeAngelo Williams

WR - Odel Beckem, N. Agular, Kendal Wright, Marvin Jones, Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson, Doug Baldwin

TE - Martellius Bennett, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, Health Miller & Ben Watson

Def - Miami Dolphins

K - Cody Parkey

Thoughts?

From the 1 spot

Roethlisberger

Bell, McCoy, Coleman, David Johnson, Hillman, Buck Allen, Josh Robinson, Karlos Williams

Hopkins, Tate, Watkins, Charles Johnson, Kendall Wright, Ty Montgomery

Josh Hill, Ebron, Maxx Williams

GB

Bryant

----

Thoughts?

ISUDESTROYERS said:
From the 7th Hole:The following is this years Squad. Let me know what you think:

QB - Tony Romo

WR - Odel Beckem, N. Agular, Kendal Wright, Marvin Jones, Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson, Doug Baldwin

TE - Martellius Bennett, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, Health Miller & Ben Watson

Def - Miami Dolphins

K - Cody Parkey

Thoughts?
SERIOUSLY...do you guys think I even have a shot to win it all with this squad? Thanks guys!!!

ISUDESTROYERS said:

QB - Tony Romo

Def - Miami Dolphins

K - Cody Parkey

Thoughts?
SERIOUSLY...do you guys think I even have a shot to win it all with this squad? Thanks guys!!!
no juice.

From the 7th spot (shockingly both OBJ and Bell fell to me since Eddie Lacy and Dez went in the top 6....took me a while but I finally went with Bell):

QB: Brady (9); Stafford (10)

RB: Leveon Bell (1); Foster (2); Ingram (3); Reggie Bush (11); De Angelo Williams (13)

WR: Kelvin Benjamin (4); Brandon Marshall (5); La Fell (6); Larry Fitz (8); Harvin (14); Cordarelle Patterson (18)

TE: Julius Thomas (7); Cook (15); Niles Paul (16); Jacob Tamme (20)

K: Hauschka (19)

D: Rams (12); Green Bay (17)

Fire away.... of course not having Bell initial weeks is where I hope I can survive....love my QB combo. Foster staying healthy is the key
Ouch…hope the other owners thanked you for the donation. You may not even be able to field a team in week one.

Non-PPR, 10 team league, with 6 pts for TD pass

QB: Tannehil, Newton, Bridgewater

RB: L Bell, Forsett, Gordon, Randle, McFadden

WR: Jones, A Robinson, Watkins, T Smith, R White

TE: J Graham

D: Patriots

K: Crosby

Think I did pretty well, was a hybrid auction of 50 players / serpentine where we had first pick and took J Graham in the serpentine

ISUDESTROYERS said:

QB - Tony Romo

Def - Miami Dolphins

K - Cody Parkey

Thoughts?
Why do you have so many TE's?

Drew Brees(8) Jameis Winston(16) Blake Bortles(19)

Eddie Lacy(1) CJ Spiller(5) Isaiah Crowell(9) David Cobb(11) Karlos Williams(13)

TY Hilton(3) Davante Adams(4) Mike Wallace (6)

Martavis Bryant(10) Michael Crabtree(12) Allen Hurns(14) Tavon Austin(20)

Jimmy Graham(3) Zach Ertz(7)

STL(15) CAR(17)

Steven Hauschka(18)

Eddie Lacy(1) CJ Spiller(5) Isaiah Crowell(9) David Cobb(11) Karlos Williams(13)

STL(15) CAR(17)

Steven Hauschka(18)
A lot of upside but you may be in some trouble early with injuries to CJ Spiller, Cobb, Bryant (suspension) and Ertz. That will be difficult to overcome in an 11 week season but if they all come back healthy and play to their potential you may have a shot.

So I just realized that I was 1 away from the 3 pack so one more for me. This time from the 5 spot.

QB- Brees (in the 9th had to take him), Winston (19th round backup with significant upside)

RB- Miller (love him this year), Ellington (Ill take him every time if he is there in 4th), Woodhead (PPR specialist), Matt Jones (wouldn't be shocked if he overtook Alf), Hillman (backup in a Kubiak offense), Dunbar (who knows what is going on in Dallas)

WR- Jones (may lead the league in receptions- close b/t him and Brown), Cobb (hoping injury isn't serious), Maclin (good talent although some concerns with Alex Smith), Agholor (Philly), Steve Johnson (taking him in every draft I can), Perriman (lottery pick but value in 15th), Amendola (lottery pick if Edelman and LaFell cant play)

TE- Cameron (great upside and Tannehill uses his TEs), Allen (better talent then Fleener although they hold each others value down), Gillmore (lottery pick)

K/D- Josh Brown, Green Bay

Good luck all and hopefully see all of you in the contest playoffs.

My first five rounds of a current draft

1.05 RB Adrian Peterson MIN 5

2.08 WR Alshon Jeffery CHI 7

3.05 RB Arian Foster HOU 9

4.08 WR Amari Cooper OAK 6

5.05 WR Sammy Watkins BUF 8

Looks risky now with Jeffery's situation and aggressively going after Foster...but I plan on having the depth to mitigate the risk.

My first five rounds of a current draft

1.05 RB Adrian Peterson MIN 5

2.08 WR Alshon Jeffery CHI 7

3.05 RB Arian Foster HOU 9

4.08 WR Amari Cooper OAK 6

5.05 WR Sammy Watkins BUF 8

Looks risky now with Jeffery's situation and aggressively going after Foster...but I plan on having the depth to mitigate the risk.
Good luck.... You will need it.

STL(15) CAR(17)

Steven Hauschka(18)
A lot of upside but you may be in some trouble early with injuries to CJ Spiller, Cobb, Bryant (suspension) and Ertz. That will be difficult to overcome in an 11 week season but if they all come back healthy and play to their potential you may have a shot.
I'm going to need Ertz to be back pretty soon. Spiller sounds like a go for week 1.

Anyone else?

STL(15) CAR(17)

Steven Hauschka(18)
I'm going to need Ertz to be back pretty soon. Spiller sounds like a go for week 1.

Anyone else?
Spiller is already rumored to be out weeks 1 and 2

Picking from the 7 hole

Romo (8) / Palmer (15)

Forsette (2) / Martin (4) / Mathews (7) / Sanky (9) / Helu (14) / Zenner (16)

Beckham (1) / Robinson (5) / CX Johnson (6) / Quick (10) / Royal (11) / Ammendola (17) / Jennings (20)

Graham (3) / Ebron (12) / Donnell (13)

Car DST (18)

Tucker (19)

from the 7 hole, take your zero rb strategy and stick it baby you stick it

Rodgers(3) Flacco, Winston

Lacy(1) Hill(2) Crowell(11) A. Wiilliams, CJ?k, Dunbar

Sanders(4) Edelman (5) Downtown John Brown (6) Martavis Bryant(7) Wheaton(8) R. White (10)

Gates (9) J Thomas (12) Watson (14)

STL D

Gostkowski

QB - Tony Romo

Def - Miami Dolphins

K - Cody Parkey

Thoughts?
no juice.
Love the no commentary or sharing of the inteligence or wisdom of why you say "no juice". If your going to comment, explain your answer. Its at least the respectful [and God forbid] erase the doubt of some of us accusing you of being a negative/bitter poster that thinks he is King S**t on this forum because he has some history commenting on "the how did I do thread".

QB - Tony Romo

Def - Miami Dolphins

K - Cody Parkey

Thoughts?
Didn't need to...could have gotten another QB. But regarding the full evaluation of the team, what is your opinion and explain your intelligence and thinking behind your evaluation. I'm ok...if you think my team sucks [i'm honestly ok with it] ....I just like people to share their insights/intelligence of what shapped their opinon.

Thanks DBN35

QB - Tony Romo

Def - Miami Dolphins

K - Cody Parkey

Thoughts?
Didn't need to...could have gotten another QB. But regarding the full evaluation of the team, what is your opinion and explain your intelligence and thinking behind your evaluation. I'm ok...if you think my team sucks [i'm honestly ok with it] ....I just like people to share their insights/intelligence of what shapped their opinon.

Thanks DBN35
your second wr spot is on the ropes if ag doesnt show up big time and your two flex plays are pretty lack luster. I like Bennett but its looks like taking him mite have crushed your upside a bit

Peeps Inc. said:
ISUDESTROYERS said:

QB - Tony Romo

Def - Miami Dolphins

K - Cody Parkey

Thoughts?

Thanks DBN35
your second wr spot is on the ropes if ag doesnt show up big time and your two flex plays are pretty lack luster. I like Bennett but its looks like taking him mite have crushed your upside a bit
What gets me upset in the 9th round, I took Heath Miller. I must have spaced, but Martvaius Bryant was available and was pissed he went 4 spots later. If I would have known he was there, I would have picked him. I'm still kicking myself as [if I did], I really think my squad would be Gangster :)

Thanks for your commentary Peeps Inc!!!

Users who are viewing this thread