What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (1 Viewer)

Interesting Norv noted they were doubling Wallace on Digg's TD catch and run. He later said they were doubling the slot guy (which I assume is Wright) but he may have been mistaken. Regardless, he said that Diggs took advantage of being singled up.

Here's Diggs being interviewed after the game. One of the interviewers tries to goat him into saying whether or not he's starting to draw extra attention but Diggs doesn't bite. It looks like Diggs has remained super humble through-out his break-out which is a great sign.

Biabreakable said:
Thanks for posting that.

I don't watch a lot of press conferences and that was a good one. What surprised me is how honest Norv was with his strategies, what he saw, what they take advantage of. Insightful and interesting for me but probably dumb from a coaching perspective.

One other note. Norv sure is aging well and I'm being serious. I always felt bad for him with that crater face but the combination of age and not shaving has done him some favors.
Do you think he revealed any information that the Rams didn't already know?

I like how candid Norv has been in press conferences. I have learned quite a bit when listening to him compared to other coaches who essentially rehash the same tired cliches over and over again. For example if you listen to the defensive coordinator of the Vikings he is not going to really say anything meaningful. He did get in trouble for saying that the Vikings goal was to have Trey Waynes starting at some point this season. Zimmer when asked about it later said he didn't really agree with that and I think Edwards has been even more careful to not say anything in interviews.

Anyone (gulp) benching him? I have an odd feeling he finally comes back to earth. Maybe it's the minor hammy injury scaring me. Or the tough matchup. I don't know, maybe don't overthink it, keep him rolling while he's hot.

Anyone (gulp) benching him? I have an odd feeling he finally comes back to earth. Maybe it's the minor hammy injury scaring me. Or the tough matchup. I don't know, maybe don't overthink it, keep him rolling while he's hot.
Benching him? I'm trying to trade him while his value is through the roof in my dynasty. This week has the 4/50 vibe and if he puts that up impetuous owners in my league will pull offers.

benching him in one league for shady at flex. Starting in my other at wr2

Well, went all-in, kinda. Dealt Cooks and a late 4th for Diggs, and early 2nd and early 3rd for a rebuild.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep hearing people say things like come back to earth. The kid is good stop looking for reasons to doubt him. If he does have a down game this wk so be who puts up stud # every week? The nature of the position. It's also hard to roll coverage to him with AP in the backfield

Well, went all-in, kinda. Dealt Cooks and a late 4th for Diggs, and early 2nd and early 3rd for a rebuild.
Wow.. steal. Nice work, I wouldn't take Cooks/2nd/3rd/4th for Diggs

I keep hearing people say things like come back to earth. The kid is good stop looking for reasons to doubt him. If he does have a down game this wk so be who puts up stud # every week? The nature of the position. It's also hard to roll coverage to him with AP in the backfield
Completely agree..

Leaning toward starting Delanie over him just this week. Teddy had a pretty rough week against a terrible Bears D and they're playing the Rams this week. May have to sit him just this once.

Benching him? I'm trying to trade him while his value is through the roof in my dynasty. This week has the 4/50 vibe and if he puts that up impetuous owners in my league will pull offers.
that's like trading Antonio Brown after he started showing everyone what a superstar he was about to become. The writing is on the wall. This guy is a future WR1 for years to come. Why anyone would be looking to get rid of him is beyond crazy.

I dealt him this week too. Traded Diggs,Gore, and a 3rd for Jordy, David Johnson and a Late first. I'm out of it this year but I liked how the deal would set me up next year.

future WR1?

eh - he's good, but I think we need to tap the brakes.
is Cooper a future number one? Because Diggs has outperformed him. When a guy like Mike Wallace, who was teammates with both, says he is like a younger Antonio Brown, I tend to believe him. I've also heard the phrase future Hall of Famer thrown around from coaches.

future WR1?

You say that but it starts somewhere right? When Antonio started becoming that player it was same situation. Same with OBJ it starts somewhere right. Do you tap the breaks on Todd Gurley?

Id like to think you can have a dissenting opinion without someone coming back with "hung up with where they were drafted" or some other condescending remark.

Gurley was a 5 star lock (besides injury) so whoever brought that up . . .

There have been tons of guys that have showed promise - TWO of which have also been recent Vikings WRs. Yes, he's hopefully different, and he's really good, but WR1 is a reach at this point.

If he had said WR2 (longterm) yes I know he has great numbers now. then I could probably see it.

future WR1?

is Cooper a future number one? Because Diggs has outperformed him. When a guy like Mike Wallace, who was teammates with both, says he is like a younger Antonio Brown, I tend to believe him. I've also heard the phrase future Hall of Famer thrown around from coaches.
A player's comments on a teammate mean little. What do you expect him to say?? I'd talk up my own teammate as well.

you're comparing Diggs to Cooper?

future WR1?

A player's comments on a teammate mean little. What do you expect him to say?? I'd talk up my own teammate as well.

You act like you hear that all the time. Do some research. Yes, I'm comparing Diggs with Cooper. In fact, Diggs is outperforming him in receptions, yardage, and touchdowns on a per game basis. Diggs was as highly recruited as any receiver drafted this year. Injuries hurt his stock in the draft.

I would love to hear your opinion on Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen after four games.

I'd be willing to be he's a WR1 (top 12) within the next 2 years.

future WR1?

You act like you hear that all the time.Do some research. Yes, I'm comparing Diggs with Cooper. In fact, Diggs is outperforming him in receptions, yardage, and touchdowns on a per game basis. Diggs was as highly recruited as any receiver drafted this year. Injuries hurt his stock in the draft.

I would love to hear your opinion on Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen after four games.

Injuries don't make a guy plunge from the top 5 to the 5th round.

Good luck.

future WR1?

Future HOF is also thrown around about C-Mike from poolers who know more than coaches.

future WR1?

Future HOF is also thrown around about C-Mike from poolers who know more than coaches.
message board dudes often seem to know more than fellow players and coaches. Lol.

future WR1?

You act like you hear that all the time.Do some research. Yes, I'm comparing Diggs with Cooper. In fact, Diggs is outperforming him in receptions, yardage, and touchdowns on a per game basis. Diggs was as highly recruited as any receiver drafted this year. Injuries hurt his stock in the draft.

Injuries don't make a guy plunge from the top 5 to the 5th round.

Good luck.
he's outperforming Cooper. With a worse QB. You do the math.

I don't think it's really a huge shock that Diggs is doing so well. Like JuniorNB stated, Diggs was a 5 star recruit, the #2 WR in the country and one of the top overall players. His career at Maryland left a lot to be desired but the skills were there.

benching him in one league for shady at flex. Starting in my other at wr2
Yeah, while Diggs has been hot, he is not what I would consider matchup proof, and we have not yet seen how he performs dinged up. I am inclined to roll with other decent options this week, although I would certainly fault no one for keeping him in their lineup. A poor outing this weekend should not trigger any chicken little reactions, but another solid outing will go a long way toward cementing his status going forward.

Eh...the back and forth isn't necessary. For RIGHT NOW, diggs is balling out. And this he stays in my lineup and should stay in yours too unless you have JULIO, odb, and Antonio Brown with Larry fitz in your flex or something like that. The kids on fire. Ride it until it stops.

None of us know when that will be. Just keep plugging him in and enjoy. :)

Also, Diggs is not some shot in the dark coming completely out of nowhere. He was a top, top WR recruit coming out of high school. Some services had him as a five star recruit and top 2 WR in his class. He made the (football) mistake of choosing Maryland over other top programs. (I say football mistake because I don't begrudge any kid going to college where he wants). That offense and the QBs were pretty weak. So he is breaking out as pro when he probably would have broken out in college were he at a different program.

This is not someone who is randomly emerging from the pack. He is fulfilling potential that he might have started to achieve a couple years ago under better circumstances.

The next month will tell us a lot. The last 3 games were against teams ranked in the top ten for most FF points allowed to WRs. The next 6 games includes 5 against teams in the top ten for least FF points allowed to WRs. Then it's two great match ups in the semis & finals.

I traded away Antonio Brown when I thought his stock was high and seemed destined to regress. Smallish, barely drafted guy with minimal pedigree. I'm not making the same mistake with Diggs. My main concern about him is his situation in Minny, they are so run oriented. But then again so were the Steelers a few years ago. I think Diggs is a hold.

I prefer to wait until someone else signs him, so I can give up future firsts for him... instead of giving up zero on the waiver wire.

I've got Crabtree in over him right now - it's between Crab, Diggs, and Latavius for a last flex spot. I'm concerned about Latavius going against a decent run D, when, unlike vs. NYJ, they may fall behind to an explosive offense. That seems to be a recipe for a lot of Marcel Reece.

As for Diggs, I'm really worried about the non-stop pressure that Teddy's going to be under. It doesn't matter how well you can catch/run after the catch, if the QB can't get the ball out to even make a catch.

It does only take a few opportunities for him to do something big, so I'm not 100% on the decision yet, but I'm leaning Crabtree for this week, at least.

I do hope he proves me wrong, as that will make the next several weeks before the playoffs much easier decisions, with him being perma-slotted in.

I've got Crabtree in over him right now - it's between Crab, Diggs, and Latavius for a last flex spot. I'm concerned about Latavius going against a decent run D, when, unlike vs. NYJ, they may fall behind to an explosive offense. That seems to be a recipe for a lot of Marcel Reece.
There has never been any such thing as a 'lot of Marcel Reece'.

Robert Quinn (STL's sack leader), Chris Long and T.J. McDonald have been declared inactive for STL today. This has to be an upgrade for TB and subsequently Diggs.

There has never been any such thing as a 'lot of Marcel Reece'.
I'll have to respectfully disagree. As an owner of multiple Raider RB's through the years, "Why the hell do they have Marcel in the game right now!?" has been a frequent question I've thrown at the screen.

Back to the topic, I own Diggs in 2 leagues and I'm giving him a day off in both. I may pay for it, but it's not like I'm choosing Devin Funchess over him (Martavis and Crabtree). He may get there but I don't think he's a "must start" yet.

Week 19 10 the next Antonio Brown goes up against the team that gave up 306 yards to THE Antonio Brown.

Not sayin' just sayin'...

Hill will be fine for Diggs, imo. He always did fine when he played in DET.
Hill didn't look good today, but I think if he has a full week as the starter in practice and a game plan designed to cater to his strengths, he'll be fine. Rather have Bridgewater, but for Digg's sake, I think it isn't much of a drop-off.

From what I am hearing on KFAN Bridgewater feels fine and wanted to return to the game but they wouldn't let him.

I think he plays next week.

From what I am hearing on KFAN Bridgewater feels fine and wanted to return to the game but they wouldn't let him.

I think he plays next week.
Just saw the hit. I'm calling bs on what he said, teddy got put to sleep. That's a multi week concussion

Users who are viewing this thread