What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (4 Viewers)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
I love when these threads get bumped, too. 

moops= angry duped feminist 

:lmao: :lmao:

It's okay moops, my brother drank this Kool-Aid, too!

I'm always amazed at the absolute glee people get at seeing people failing/fall? Is there really that much joy in seeing rousey lose? I don't understand why. She has elevated the sport of MMA and yes she could kick the crap out of most of the fat asses who post in this forum. But I don't understand the happiness others get at seeing  someone fall. I can't imagine people are big Nunes fans right?

I'm always amazed at the absolute glee people get at seeing people failing/fall? Is there really that much joy in seeing rousey lose? I don't understand why. She has elevated the sport of MMA and yes she could kick the crap out of most of the fat asses who post in this forum. But I don't understand the happiness others get at seeing  someone fall. I can't imagine people are big Nunes fans right?
It's not that we root against Rousey, it's the gender equality idiocy and its slavishly wrong and often scolding adherents that look best with egg all over their face.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just that she beat a bunch of cupcakes and people crowned her the greatest female athlete ever - and a lot of them dropped "female" from that. As soon as she fought someone with standup she was exposed as a one-trick pony and not worthy of all the praise. And then it happened again. Some of us have been saying she was overrated, over publicized, and over hyped for quite awhile. It's always nice to be proven right.

It's just that she beat a bunch of cupcakes and people crowned her the greatest female athlete ever - and a lot of them dropped "female" from that. As soon as she fought someone with standup she was exposed as a one-trick pony and not worthy of all the praise. And then it happened again. Some of us have been saying she was overrated, over publicized, and over hyped for quite awhile. It's always nice to be proven right.
Agree with this. Seeing her lose isn't what is gratifying here.

It's the validation bc some posters here were so clueless (and adamant) they didn't only think she could beat a late 80's Tyson in a fight, they thought she could take on other male MMA fighters. 

Those posters are prob most susceptible to advertising/marketing efforts.

MMA is segregated by sexes mostly because people don't like the idea of seeing a man beating up on a woman. In other sports, men tend to be bigger and stronger, but in MMA you're divided into weight classes which limits that advantage.

There are fewer female MMA athletes than there are male, so in training most of the women have no choice but to spar with the men. Rousey does this all the time to prepare for her title defenses, and beats the crap out of the guys who go in against her. Granted sparring isn't quite the same as an actual fight, but I've heard many MMA fighters, both male and female, say that the women could hold their own against the men.
Gonna give this thread a read and start bumping these gold mines :lmao:

Here is the problem there, she can run at him and tackle him. You can't do that in boxing. She will get a hold of him. She can grab an arm, she can kick, etc. It's a whole different game.
:lmao:

I get it, I don't like Floyd either, but the man has the fastest hands on Earth, she'd be hit harder and faster with one jab from the dude than anything she has ever felt, and it would instantly be game over. 

At least most people won't try to argue this one anymore.

I'd assume for those that thought she could beat Mayweather ( :lmao:  ), she could obviously beat anyone he has beaten:

Sugar Shane, Zab Judah, Manny, Canelo, Maidana, Marquez, De La Hoya, Gatti, Cotto just to name a few :lmao:

I love this thread - for me personally it really validates the purpose of marketing.

Mayweather would destroy her, but if they were wrestling, doing Jiu-Jitsu, judo, etc.  Rhonda would probably be able to submit him.  A smaller person with minimal Jiu-Jitsu training could easily work someone with no ground experience.

Mayweather would destroy her, but if they were wrestling, doing Jiu-Jitsu, judo, etc.  Rhonda would probably be able to submit him.  A smaller person with minimal Jiu-Jitsu training could easily work someone with no ground experience.
Tired of this argument. No.

That was terrible. She maybe landed two grazing punches and had no clue how to defend herself at all. How did people ever praise her?  How many fights did she win, 7?

What was her strategy?  She just stood there and got hit. Nobody taught her how to block?  How to front kick to keep her away?  How to get inside?  Terrible terrible. 

Tom Servo said:
After you tell me how she's going to get close enough to get him on the ground. :popcorn:  
If it was a submission grappling matchup, Floyd doesn't last one minute against her. I think that's what Quez was talking about. 

Was that not what Quez was talking about? Pretty sure he was.

In any case, there will be those who would disagree that Ronda would beat Floyd in a grappling match. Which I think is funny.
You've also not seen Money box. He doesn't let anyone get close enough to touch him. So, getting him to the ground is pretty much not going to happen.

Not sure what Rhonda out wrestling Floyd would prove.  MMA allows for both disciplines (wrestling and boxing) and we all know what would happen there.

This is like saying Usain Bolt is a better football player than Adrian Peterson because he could beat him in a 100 meter dash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what Rhonda out wrestling Floyd would prove.  MMA allows for both disciplines (wrestling and boxing) and we all know what would happen there.

This is like saying Usain Bolt is a better football player than Adrian Peterson because he could beat him in a 100 meter dash.
:lmao:

The Floyd / Rousey argument can be dropped. 

It was argued endlessly by numerous posters on this board, I would be excited to see who doubles down at this point.

@NotSmart @The Commish appeared to both vote for Rousey today, I'd assume a fishing trip with that.

Tom Servo said:
After you tell me how she's going to get close enough to get him on the ground. :popcorn:  
I was just saying if it was a wrestling/ Jiu-Jitsu ground rules only match.  She would lose to him in standard MMA even because as you said, she wouldn't be able to get close

You ever see a boxing match? Because Money will not wrestle in any shape, matter or form. 
Jesus, people. Quez said if you take out boxing, Ronda would "probably" win. I disagree with the "probably" part, but someone replied saying that his statement was incorrect. That's what I was replying to. 

Is this the thread where we make predictions then get ripped on years down the road for the ones that prove false? LeBron will never win a Championship 

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Is this the thread where we make predictions then get ripped on years down the road for the ones that prove false? LeBron will never win a Championship 
If you just plain flat-earth sum'n, you down to be sillified for it. Women achieving physical superiority to men trained in the same pursuit is flat-earthing.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
That was terrible. She maybe landed two grazing punches and had no clue how to defend herself at all. How did people ever praise her?  How many fights did she win, 7?
She won her first 12 fights.

11 of the 12 fights finished in the first round.  8 of the 11 finished in under a minute.  All 12 fights ended in submission or knockout.

It is not that hard to understand the praise at the point.   Obviously it has changed after her last 2 fights.

Users who are viewing this thread