Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emerlin

Pre-season waiver and roster question

So - this may be obvious but I wanted to ask. I assume any preseason waiver moves count against the total FAAB budget for the year?

Also - I assume this has been covered, but I cannot find it in the rules anywhere.... Coming out of the draft do you need to have a complete team i.e. no kicker? I assume if you are eligible the wavier process you could add a kicker before the season begins. What do the rules say about having a complete roster i.e. every position filled for regular in-season games. Could you go into week one with no kicker?

Thanks

So - this may be obvious but I wanted to ask. I assume any preseason waiver moves count against the total FAAB budget for the year?

Also - I assume this has been covered, but I cannot find it in the rules anywhere.... Coming out of the draft do you need to have a complete team i.e. no kicker? I assume if you are eligible the wavier process you could add a kicker before the season begins. What do the rules say about having a complete roster i.e. every position filled for regular in-season games. Could you go into week one with no kicker?

Thanks

$1000 is the entire budget, for pre-season, in-season and post-season.

You must draft a K and D.

Thanks

So even if you draft before the Sept 4th waiver period you have to draft a kicker?

Also - can you tell me in the rules where it describes and illegal roster?

Are you saying the system forces you do draft a kicker?

Thanks

So even if you draft before the Sept 4th waiver period you have to draft a kicker?

Also - can you tell me in the rules where it describes and illegal roster?

Are you saying the system forces you do draft a kicker?

From the rules: http://footballguys.com/fpc_officialrules.php

Each owner is required to draft a starting lineup of 1-QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-FLEX, 1-K, 1-D/ST. If you do not draft a Kicker or Defense on your team, FFPC commissioners may add a kicker or defense at their discretion after the draft to ensure a valid roster.

In both of my drafts the person running it has also issued a reminder regarding the complete team requirement. I didn't have a strong preference one way or another on this, but glad FFPC/FBG are making it very clear.

I see why their doing it. Essentially those earlier drafters could take an extra flier instead of a kicker and see how things shake out during the preseason.

Correct. We didn't want the new pre-season waivers have this immediate effect in year one. But I don't necessarily believe it's a strategy that would hurt the contest as it would be available to all participants so I don't mind discussing it in the off-season.