Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
SaintsInDome2006

The Official Kicker (K) Thread

Recommended Posts

I'm in a league where you must roster 2 kickers. I've got both Butker and Elliott on bye. Thinking of rolling without a kicker for the week as I like both and can't decide if I do cut one in order to pick up Nugent for the week which one do I cut. Who would you risk losing for a one week play in Nugent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Loipz said:

Mike Nugent kicks 4 FGs and 2 XPs with the game winner from 43 yds for a total of 16.7 points. 26-23 cowboys

Way too specific. I love it! :pickle:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zuerlein 16.3 points. 

Can send the winning bottle to my American cousins in Washington state ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TartanLion said:

Zuerlein 16.3 points. 

Can send the winning bottle to my American cousins in Washington state ! 

That works! 

1 more hour to get your guesses in, people! Read the rules above! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 mins to go! Get those guesses in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 1:01 PM, BobbyLayne said:

 

On 11/11/2017 at 0:59 PM, need2know said:

Lutz or lambo

answer

Dang bro hope you flipped it for Lutz

:lmao:

I’ve dropped Lutz 3 times this year - once early after the OAK blew up (bad idea), again on his bye for Elliott - who was solid but I didn’t hold him through his bye - and this week for Boswell (super bad idea.) 

Tucker owner snuck in a drop this morning to cover a bye. I’ll waste a chunk on redundant bids for both Lutz and Tucker, then I’m gonna stop tinkering with kickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Dang bro hope you flipped it for Lutz

:lmao:

I’ve dropped Lutz 3 times this year - once early after the OAK blew up (bad idea), again on his bye for Elliott - who was solid but I didn’t hold him through his bye - and this week for Boswell (super bad idea.) 

Tucker owner snuck in a drop this morning to cover a bye. I’ll waste a chunk on redundant bids for both Lutz and Tucker, then I’m gonna stop tinkering with kickers.

I did.  Got Lutz in one and Bryant in another.  I'm happy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, Arodin said:

I'll take Greg Zuerlein to score 17.8.

17.3 currently...now to figure out a way for a kicker to score 0.5 points.

(15 yard FG and a MXP?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lambo almost totally screwed us. That was a bit of a miracle to get 6 points

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not dropping Legatron on his bye was the best decision I made all year. Love this guy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Not dropping Legatron on his bye was the best decision I made all year. Love this guy

Agreed. It’s like having an extra player. 

I picked him up from the guy who dropped him in both leagues and rode with two kickers for one week (which I never do). Couldn’t ignore the start to his season and by how much he was outpacing every other kicker.

His floor is basically 10-12 points it seems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flapgreen said:

Not dropping Legatron on his bye was the best decision I made all year. Love this guy

Which one is Legatron?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flapgreen said:

Not dropping Legatron on his bye was the best decision I made all year. Love this guy

The only guy on my team I'm never worried about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, flapgreen said:

Not dropping Legatron on his bye was the best decision I made all year. Love this guy

Dropped him and then picked him back up. So glad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, need2know said:
On 11/12/2017 at 5:43 PM, BobbyLayne said:

Dang bro hope you flipped it for Lutz

:lmao:

I’ve dropped Lutz 3 times this year - once early after the OAK blew up (bad idea), again on his bye for Elliott - who was solid but I didn’t hold him through his bye - and this week for Boswell (super bad idea.) 

Tucker owner snuck in a drop this morning to cover a bye. I’ll waste a chunk on redundant bids for both Lutz and Tucker, then I’m gonna stop tinkering with kickers.

I did.  Got Lutz in one and Bryant in another.  I'm happy

Swapped out Lutz for Boswell based on the next month of matchups. Cost me 7 points (5.0 versus 12.0,) Traded Fuller for Woods, then left his 41.10 points (bonus league for long plays and milestones) on the bench.

Lost by 3.74.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 0:22 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

35 mins to go! Get those guesses in!

Congrats Hot Sauce!  Your contest has achieved the exact feel of an actual NFL game.

As in, I feel like I won, but can't start celebrating until the official review is over and the ref actually announces that the call stands.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Swapped out Lutz for Boswell based on the next month of matchups. Cost me 7 points (5.0 versus 12.0,) Traded Fuller for Woods, then left his 41.10 points (bonus league for long plays and milestones) on the bench.

Lost by 3.74.

Oof

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Swapped out Lutz for Boswell based on the next month of matchups. Cost me 7 points (5.0 versus 12.0,) Traded Fuller for Woods, then left his 41.10 points (bonus league for long plays and milestones) on the bench.

Lost by 3.74.

Oof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped Butker for his bye and can now pick him back up. But I'm wondering if Forbath might be a better option. He's on a high-powered offense, has been kicking well (five 50+ FGs in the past four weeks) and only has two games ROS where weather could even potentially be an issue (Wk 14 @ Car, Wk 16 @ GB). Only concern is 4 missed XPs (which count as -1 in this league). 

Elliot is also available, but the late-season weather concerns me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two options rest of season:

1) Harrison Butker

2) Jake Elliot

 

Reason Why? - SCHEDULE

Butker

11 - Nov 19 @NYG

12 - Nov 26 Buf

13 - Dec 3 @NYJ

14 - Dec 10 Oak

15 - Dec 16 LAC

16 - Dec 24 Mia

The W/L record of said teams :shock:

 

Elliot

11 - Nov 19 @Dal 

12 - Nov 26 Chi 

13 - Dec 3 @Sea

14 - Dec 10 @LAR

15 - Dec 17@NYG

16 - Dec 25 Oak

Explosive O plus a very weak SOS? :eek:

 

If you can't get one, get the other. /END

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deciding between Matt Bryant and Jake Elliott.

I think Bryant is indoors Week's 14-16 and the Falcons will likely be fighting to stay in playoff contention.

Bryant has been nicked up but hit a 50 yarder last week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Two options rest of season:

1) Harrison Butker

2) Jake Elliot

 

Reason Why? - SCHEDULE

Butker

11 - Nov 19 @NYG

12 - Nov 26 Buf

13 - Dec 3 @NYJ

14 - Dec 10 Oak

15 - Dec 16 LAC

16 - Dec 24 Mia

The W/L record of said teams :shock:

 

Elliot

11 - Nov 19 @Dal 

12 - Nov 26 Chi 

13 - Dec 3 @Sea

14 - Dec 10 @LAR

15 - Dec 17@NYG

16 - Dec 25 Oak

Explosive O plus a very weak SOS? :eek:

 

If you can't get one, get the other. /END

Good analysis and suggestions -- but (moreso for Butker) the thought that playing a team with a poor record may actually result in more PATs than FGA given that these teams are often easy defensive matchups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Good analysis and suggestions -- but (moreso for Butker) the thought that playing a team with a poor record may actually result in more PATs than FGA given that these teams are often easy defensive matchups. 

I think we're getting into the realm of speculation and crutch arguments. I think in general, the most important criteria for fantasy kickers is a) accuracy, especially from long range; b) kicking conditions late in the season; and c) whether they are on high-powered offenses and/or likely to be winning. Anything beyond that is guesswork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Arodin said:

Congrats Hot Sauce!  Your contest has achieved the exact feel of an actual NFL game.

As in, I feel like I won, but can't start celebrating until the official review is over and the ref actually announces that the call stands.

I will be reviewing guesses after my coffee is ready. 

:pickle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Splitting hairs IMO between Butker and Elliott.  I've ridden with Elliott to this point, so I'll stay on the train.  If you can't get Elliott though, Butker is certainly not a bad consolation prize.  

As for the others ... FGAs are the lifeblood of kickers, like targets for a WR.

NFL Leaders in FGAs
LAR - 29
TEN - 25
NEP - 25
KC - 23
MIN - 23
PHI - 23
PIT - 23

The difference between Butker and Elliott to me is that Philly seems willing to let Elliott kick from anywhere on the opposing team's half of the field.  Philly has a whopping 18 FGAs over 40 yards (league high) with seven of those coming from 50+ (also a league high).  KC in contrast only has 10 FGAs from 40+.

Leading 40+ FGAs (from the above group with the most FGAs)
PHI - 18
TEN - 16
LAR - 13
KC - 10
MIN - 10
NEP - 8
PIT - 7

Lutz also finds himself in a very positive situation with a solid number of attempts (22) and a ton over 40+ yards (15), and leads the league in XP attempts (just ahead of Legatron and Elliott).  

On the other hand, Bryant, to me, looks like a mirage.  Low attempts (only 20) with only 10 from 40+ and only 20 XPAs.  The Atlanta offense just is not what it once was, and that's hurting Bryant too.

Edited by JFS171
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 2:51 PM, Long Ball Larry said:

wait, so if you get the right kicker, do the points really matter?

Yes, of course they matter. Multiple people guess the same kicker every time - whoever is closes to the mark wins. 

Almost done looking through to determine the winner now - there are multiple Greg the Leg guesses, for a perfect example of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, the winner of this week's contest is indeed @Arodin who guessed Greg Zuerlein to score 17.8 - Greg the Leg scored 17.4, so that's a damn good guess!  :shock:

Also a good guess was @TartanLion, who had Greg the Leg with 16.3....close, but not close enough to get hot sauce. :sadbanana:

Congratulations Arodin! I'll email you my website so you can choose - please reply back with your preference of my 10 varieties! :pickle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yes, of course they matter. Multiple people guess the same kicker every time - whoever is closes to the mark wins. 

Almost done looking through to determine the winner now - there are multiple Greg the Leg guesses, for a perfect example of this. 

I guess I meant if you get the kicker right but no one else picks that kicker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I guess I meant if you get the kicker right but no one else picks that kicker.

 What if two different kickers each score 17.5 points. One shark guesses one of the kickers with 17.2, and the other shark guesses the other kicker with 17.6. 

 The shark closest to the Mark in that case wins. 

 So Yep, still matters. ;) 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

OK, the winner of this week's contest is indeed @Arodin who guessed Greg Zuerlein to score 17.8 - Greg the Leg scored 17.4, so that's a damn good guess!  :shock:

Also a good guess was @TartanLion, who had Greg the Leg with 16.3....close, but not close enough to get hot sauce. :sadbanana:

Congratulations Arodin! I'll email you my website so you can choose - please reply back with your preference of my 10 varieties! :pickle:

:D:wub::lmao::pickle::hot::stirspot::pickle::shock::D

That's my Hot Sauce Endzone Dance for all the get off my lawn folks in the celebration thread.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Arodin said:

:D:wub::lmao::pickle::hot::stirspot::pickle::shock::D

That's my Hot Sauce Endzone Dance for all the get off my lawn folks in the celebration thread.

:lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

One thing that might be a tiebreaker is that Lutz only has one outdoor game left down the stretch and it's in LA, so no weather concerns

The only reason I'm even considering switching is because I have Brees and the rage I've been having every time the saints are in the red zone and I get 1 point out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Have Prater now and going to put a claim in for Elliot. 

If I don’t get Elliot; would everyone rather have Prater or Tucker ROS?

Prater definitely.  Better offense, and mostly in a dome as weather worsens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.