What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (2 Viewers)

Dang bro hope you flipped it for Lutz

:lmao:

I’ve dropped Lutz 3 times this year - once early after the OAK blew up (bad idea), again on his bye for Elliott - who was solid but I didn’t hold him through his bye - and this week for Boswell (super bad idea.) 

Tucker owner snuck in a drop this morning to cover a bye. I’ll waste a chunk on redundant bids for both Lutz and Tucker, then I’m gonna stop tinkering with kickers.

I’ve dropped Lutz 3 times this year - once early after the OAK blew up (bad idea), again on his bye for Elliott - who was solid but I didn’t hold him through his bye - and this week for Boswell (super bad idea.) 

Tucker owner snuck in a drop this morning to cover a bye. I’ll waste a chunk on redundant bids for both Lutz and Tucker, then I’m gonna stop tinkering with kickers.
I did.  Got Lutz in one and Bryant in another.  I'm happy

Not dropping Legatron on his bye was the best decision I made all year. Love this guy
Agreed. It’s like having an extra player. 

I picked him up from the guy who dropped him in both leagues and rode with two kickers for one week (which I never do). Couldn’t ignore the start to his season and by how much he was outpacing every other kicker.

His floor is basically 10-12 points it seems.

need2know said:
BobbyLayne said:

I did.  Got Lutz in one and Bryant in another.  I'm happy
Swapped out Lutz for Boswell based on the next month of matchups. Cost me 7 points (5.0 versus 12.0,) Traded Fuller for Woods, then left his 41.10 points (bonus league for long plays and milestones) on the bench.

Lost by 3.74.

Dropped Butker for his bye and can now pick him back up. But I'm wondering if Forbath might be a better option. He's on a high-powered offense, has been kicking well (five 50+ FGs in the past four weeks) and only has two games ROS where weather could even potentially be an issue (Wk 14 @ Car, Wk 16 @ GB). Only concern is 4 missed XPs (which count as -1 in this league). 

Elliot is also available, but the late-season weather concerns me.

Two options rest of season:

1) Harrison Butker

2) Jake Elliot

Reason Why? - SCHEDULE

Butker

11 - Nov 19 @NYG

12 - Nov 26 Buf

13 - Dec 3 @NYJ

14 - Dec 10 Oak

15 - Dec 16 LAC

16 - Dec 24 Mia

The W/L record of said teams  :shock:

Elliot

11 - Nov 19 @Dal 

12 - Nov 26 Chi 

13 - Dec 3 @Sea

14 - Dec 10 @LAR

15 - Dec 17@NYG

16 - Dec 25 Oak

Explosive O plus a very weak SOS?  :eek:

If you can't get one, get the other. /END

Last edited by a moderator:
Deciding between Matt Bryant and Jake Elliott.

I think Bryant is indoors Week's 14-16 and the Falcons will likely be fighting to stay in playoff contention.

Bryant has been nicked up but hit a 50 yarder last week.

Two options rest of season:

1) Harrison Butker

2) Jake Elliot

Reason Why? - SCHEDULE

Butker

11 - Nov 19 @NYG

12 - Nov 26 Buf

13 - Dec 3 @NYJ

14 - Dec 10 Oak

15 - Dec 16 LAC

16 - Dec 24 Mia

The W/L record of said teams  :shock:

Elliot

11 - Nov 19 @Dal 

12 - Nov 26 Chi 

13 - Dec 3 @Sea

14 - Dec 10 @LAR

15 - Dec 17@NYG

16 - Dec 25 Oak

Explosive O plus a very weak SOS?  :eek:

If you can't get one, get the other. /END
Good analysis and suggestions -- but (moreso for Butker) the thought that playing a team with a poor record may actually result in more PATs than FGA given that these teams are often easy defensive matchups. 

Good analysis and suggestions -- but (moreso for Butker) the thought that playing a team with a poor record may actually result in more PATs than FGA given that these teams are often easy defensive matchups. 
I think we're getting into the realm of speculation and crutch arguments. I think in general, the most important criteria for fantasy kickers is a) accuracy, especially from long range; b) kicking conditions late in the season; and c) whether they are on high-powered offenses and/or likely to be winning. Anything beyond that is guesswork.

Congrats Hot Sauce!  Your contest has achieved the exact feel of an actual NFL game.

As in, I feel like I won, but can't start celebrating until the official review is over and the ref actually announces that the call stands.
I will be reviewing guesses after my coffee is ready. 

:pickle:

Splitting hairs IMO between Butker and Elliott.  I've ridden with Elliott to this point, so I'll stay on the train.  If you can't get Elliott though, Butker is certainly not a bad consolation prize.  

As for the others ... FGAs are the lifeblood of kickers, like targets for a WR.

NFL Leaders in FGAs
LAR - 29
TEN - 25
NEP - 25
KC - 23
MIN - 23
PHI - 23
PIT - 23

The difference between Butker and Elliott to me is that Philly seems willing to let Elliott kick from anywhere on the opposing team's half of the field.  Philly has a whopping 18 FGAs over 40 yards (league high) with seven of those coming from 50+ (also a league high).  KC in contrast only has 10 FGAs from 40+.

Leading 40+ FGAs (from the above group with the most FGAs)
PHI - 18
TEN - 16
LAR - 13
KC - 10
MIN - 10
NEP - 8
PIT - 7

Lutz also finds himself in a very positive situation with a solid number of attempts (22) and a ton over 40+ yards (15), and leads the league in XP attempts (just ahead of Legatron and Elliott).  

On the other hand, Bryant, to me, looks like a mirage.  Low attempts (only 20) with only 10 from 40+ and only 20 XPAs.  The Atlanta offense just is not what it once was, and that's hurting Bryant too.

wait, so if you get the right kicker, do the points really matter?
Yes, of course they matter. Multiple people guess the same kicker every time - whoever is closes to the mark wins. 

Almost done looking through to determine the winner now - there are multiple Greg the Leg guesses, for a perfect example of this. 

OK, the winner of this week's contest is indeed @Arodin who guessed Greg Zuerlein to score 17.8 - Greg the Leg scored 17.4, so that's a damn good guess!   :shock:

Also a good guess was @TartanLion, who had Greg the Leg with 16.3....close, but not close enough to get hot sauce.  :sadbanana:

Congratulations Arodin! I'll email you my website so you can choose - please reply back with your preference of my 10 varieties!  :pickle:

I guess I meant if you get the kicker right but no one else picks that kicker.
 What if two different kickers each score 17.5 points. One shark guesses one of the kickers with 17.2, and the other shark guesses the other kicker with 17.6. 

The shark closest to the Mark in that case wins. 

So Yep, still matters. ;)  

OK, the winner of this week's contest is indeed @Arodin who guessed Greg Zuerlein to score 17.8 - Greg the Leg scored 17.4, so that's a damn good guess!   :shock:

Also a good guess was @TartanLion, who had Greg the Leg with 16.3....close, but not close enough to get hot sauce.  :sadbanana:

Congratulations Arodin! I'll email you my website so you can choose - please reply back with your preference of my 10 varieties!  :pickle:
:D :wub: :lmao: :pickle: :hot: :stirspot: :pickle: :shock: :D

That's my Hot Sauce Endzone Dance for all the get off my lawn folks in the celebration thread.

The commissioner in our league has a bit of a kicker fetish and had the rules changed so that kicks from 40+ yards were worth 4pts, and ones from 50+ worth 5 pts. Was just a standard 3 pts across the board before. 

Kickers are therefore putting up what seems like mammoth scores to me. Thanks in part to this thread I was quick onto Succup, then after his bye, I grabbed Zuerlein. 

Thanks to those who contribute to this thread, much appreciated 

The commissioner in our league has a bit of a kicker fetish and had the rules changed so that kicks from 40+ yards were worth 4pts, and ones from 50+ worth 5 pts. Was just a standard 3 pts across the board before. 

Kickers are therefore putting up what seems like mammoth scores to me. Thanks in part to this thread I was quick onto Succup, then after his bye, I grabbed Zuerlein. 

Thanks to those who contribute to this thread, much appreciated 
That’s just performance scoring. 

you should encourage him to do decimal scoring as well… That way I 39 yard field goal is 3.9 points instead of three.  

We’ve done this in all of my leagues for a decade and it’s much more straightforward. 

That’s just performance scoring. 

you should encourage him to do decimal scoring as well… That way I 39 yard field goal is 3.9 points instead of three.  

We’ve done this in all of my leagues for a decade and it’s much more straightforward. 
ESPN won't allow for kickers to score via decimal. It will allow for all other offensive positions, but not kickers. Don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread