What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 What do you need to make the playoffs? (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Streak of making playoffs every year 22 seasons on the line (8/12 make it)

1. Down 17.06 with Packers/Waddle vs. Achane/Barkley (D’s score higher than most leagues, Saints had 25 on my bench)

Projected to lose 132-115

2. Possibly back door way in with three straight loses and get in on tiebreakers 8 seed at 6-8

If Tua/Mostert don’t combine for 44.25 which with bonus for 40 yard TDs I’d need this game to be boring (I’ll be watching GB game likely)

Not looking good. Sad panda. His QB Goff had 8.44 I had hope until Herbert got hurt and got 1.84. I made that up at TE differential with Kelce but then his kicker had 25 and mine had 4.

After 2 weeks of losing by playing the team that happened to score the most points for the week...my team crapped the bed in a must win game (that combined 1 point out of Baltimore D and Matt Gay is a nice touch). :ptts:

So I need Henry to outscore Achane, Barkley, and the Dolphins D.

My main money league. 8/14 make playoffs. Came into the week in 9th place with a chance to move ahead of both 7/8 seeds.

One of them has already won, the other one is very likely to lose. I'm up 28 and my opponent still has Achane/Waddle (non-PPR). I'm projected to win, but you never know with that Miami offense.

Of course, even if I win, I'm playing the top seed next week with Herbert almost certainly out. Not getting ahead of myself thinking about WW options, but best available will probably be Browning/Flacco

I need Jordan Love to outscore Saquon Barkley tonight by 1 point. I figured the win % should be at about 85% since QB's in our league tend to score more than RBs but our software is saying 75/25 which is making me nervous.

Up 30. Have Reed and Packers DSt left against Tua, Mostert and wicks. Should be up more but Hurts and Goederrt (and Eagles in general) **** the bed. Now I have to sweat this.

I absolutely hate myself for my decision yesterday. I had a choice between Kupp, London and B.Cooks as my WR2. I was firm on Kupp, but then I began listening to the talking heads on ESPN and other sites, and I switched him out with Cooks at the very last minute. I rationalized it out as Kupp killed me the last 4 weeks, the weather was bad in Balt, London has only had two really amazing games all year, Atlanta has really been focusing on the run, and Cooks has been hot and seemed like he had a higher ceiling.

Oh did I mention my WR1 was Collins. :cry:

Needless to say I have a remote shot. I have Tua and Miami's kicker--I am trailing by 22, but my opponent has Jayden Reed.

No offense the the original poster, but do people actually read what others need, or care?
I do
So, you really do care that I need 32 points from Mostert and Waddle to make the playoffs in one of my leagues? If yes, then thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I somehow think of these differently.
I do because I need Mostert to do nothing. Also Tua nothing. So see you in the game thread.

My luck on MNF has got to a point of being so bad I'm don't even intend to watch I'm running a streak that goes back to week 7 of losing a MNF game by less then 2 points, often by fractions of a point, when I'm facing someone who has a player going on MNF. It has happened 1-3 times each week, with 3 coming last week alone. It's really stunning with no such close wins in this time.

I've dreaded the fact we have two MNF games for a week now.

Got all kinds of stuff going ranging from redraft league championships games(FFPC national contest this week is the LCG), making the playoffs in dynasty and seeding in dynasty.

Long story short I'm facing an avalanche Tyreek, Mostert and Achane all over the place. Worried to death and hoping it's like last week at least where they empty the bench early, though that would in theory possibly help Achane. I did not draft Waddle this year or Tua any place that really mattered but got a decent amount of Tyreek and a little Achane, but where I have them I have nothing on the line tonight. So all year I've been pro-Tyreek and hated each and every pass I saw Waddle make and unless Tua was throwing to HIll I pulled against him all year. But tonight, I'm praying for a Waddle explosion and sure would not mind Tua sneaking in a TD for once or working in TD's to anyone but Tyreek or the RB's.

Got another league I'm up against a fellow poster here for seed 2 and basically need to hold Doubs under about 16.

Two past MNF's I posted about my bad MNF luck before the game, I mentioned the lead I was holding and both timese predicted the players would score am amount within .1 to 2 points over what I could afford to give up. That would be the Chargers D/Allen duo in week 9 and DJ Moore in week 12 when I lost both games by less then a point in the last minute of the game.

So my expection is Doubs is hitting about 17-18 tonight, and probably on a catch near the end of the game.

The Dolpins trio I'm facing all over it varies, but I'm fully expecting them to go nuts and I'd also mention that Tyreek is the biggest one of that trio I'm facing so he's the one I expect to just pop, but that's not really much of a prediction.

No offense the the original poster, but do people actually read what others need, or care?
I do
So, you really do care that I need 32 points from Mostert and Waddle to make the playoffs in one of my leagues? If yes, then thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I somehow think of these differently.
Yes I care. You’re an OG poster! I hope you do well tonight. 35 from Waddle 6 from Mostert!

You did post what you needed in last years thread as well. I’m sorry I didn’t check in then. :)

12 team SF PPR, no D, no K: T.Henry to score less than 16 points. I may make it anyway on tiebreakers (H2H & points - I have both over the other potential 6-seed)

16 team IDP PPR SF TE-P - 2 leagues, I’m locked as the 3-seed in one of them, and depending what happens tonight I’m either the 3-seed or the 5-seed. I was the 6-seed fighting for my life before this weekend, but I’m winning by a lot, and the 3 teams ahead of me all lost, and I have them all on H2H & points. So I might jump way up in the standings, which would be awesome after 2 weeks of bad beats.

10-team PPR D/ST: I lost this week, but next week is against the league doormat, and if I win I win my division. Not counting chickens, but I like my odds a lot.

NFFC: I’m sitting at 466th place, with no one left. Nico picked a bad week to get hurt as I missed 2nd to @Dez (still think it’s a crazy small world that we’re in the same league) but if I can stay within the top 700-ish I’ll advance to the all-play playoffs. 🤞🏼

Hoping tonight isn’t death by 1000 cuts.

My luck on MNF has got to a point of being so bad I'm don't even intend to watch I'm running a streak that goes back to week 7 of losing a MNF game by less then 2 points, often by fractions of a point, when I'm facing someone who has a player going on MNF
I’ve had a truly terrible track record of needing stuff in prime time this year.

Chargers DTD to start the game a couple weeks back was my lone exception.
:kicksrock:

I’ll be thinking good thoughts for ya buddy.

Currently the 3 seed going against the current 4 seed down 28 with Tyreek and Sanders K. Hoping I dont win and we swap so I can move to the 4 seed to play the worst team in the playoffs at 5. Could pull my players but that seems like bad Karma.

Another league I am in I am sitting at the 3 seed and would need miracle numbers from Dillon and Barkley to win tonight. My bro sits in the 4 seed and will jump me to the 3 seed so pulling for him to lose (hes down 25 with Achane and A Jones). Never been going into the playoffs hoping for losses.

I do
I don't do fantasy anymore but I still enjoy reading what people need with the season on the line. I might not even watch the games tonight and if I do I won't go johnny U just got some points but it's a fantasy community. probably the only place people care a little

Yesterday was a very good day for me fantasy-wise. Was on the bubble in like 4 leagues but currently have either won or have a commanding lead.

In reviewing, looks like I'm golden provided Tyreek Hill and/or Derrick Henry don't have monster days (like 200+ yards and multiple TDs...).

Quick question. I currently have Doubs and Hopkins in my lineup but I have Mostert on the bench, should I do anything? Any and all help be appreciated.

I need the team I’m competing with for the final playoff spot not score 21 points in a PPR league with Hill, Achane and GB D. I’m screwed.

Only team in jeopardy needs less my opponent to get less than 40 between Henry/Hopkins/Dolphins D in non-PPR. So I guess hoping for a Dolphins blowout (seems likely) where Henry gets gamescrpited out, and Hopkins gets doubled all game, but the Titans don't get shutout.

12 team SF PPR, no D, no K: T.Henry to score less than 16 points. I may make it anyway on tiebreakers (H2H & points - I have both over the other potential 6-seed)

16 team IDP PPR SF TE-P - 2 leagues, I’m locked as the 3-seed in one of them, and depending what happens tonight I’m either the 3-seed or the 5-seed. I was the 6-seed fighting for my life before this weekend, but I’m winning by a lot, and the 3 teams ahead of me all lost, and I have them all on H2H & points. So I might jump way up in the standings, which would be awesome after 2 weeks of bad beats.

10-team PPR D/ST: I lost this week, but next week is against the league doormat, and if I win I win my division. Not counting chickens, but I like my odds a lot.

NFFC: I’m sitting at 466th place, with no one left. Nico picked a bad week to get hurt as I missed 2nd to @Dez (still think it’s a crazy small world that we’re in the same league) but if I can stay within the top 700-ish I’ll advance to the all-play playoffs. 🤞🏼

Hoping tonight isn’t death by 1000 cuts.
League 1: 3-seed :pickle:
League 2: leapfrogged 4 teams to the 3-seed. Incredible. I was on the bubble. Now I’m lockity lock 🔒 :pickle:
League 3: next week against the doormat. Likely a lock 🔒
NFFC: made the cut! :pickle:

Need Achane, Barkley and Doubs to outscore Waddle by 30 to win my division. In the playoffs regardless but mo’ money
Got 41.4, Waddle scored 13.9. Lost 130.50 - 128.75 :sadbanana:

I outscored that team by 160 points on the year but lost to him both times we played

Users who are viewing this thread