What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (3 Viewers)

The request was for a table of FGA allowed. I provided.

You then conflated that with FFPA to Ks. That's not what you are looking at; the table only tells you FGA allowed. It doesn't account for PATs allowed or bonuses for longer FGM.

(Yahoo users may find FFPA to Ks specific to your leagues scoring format by clicking on the Research tab)

IME FFPA to Ks does offer some value as a predictive tool, though intuitively it is more limited than say FFPA to WRs (lousy DBs) or FFPA to RB (stout front 7) and probably is less accurate than other positional comparisons. Kickers are a crapshoot, none of us can ever figure it out.

Anyway, Minnesota is 16th - middle of the pack - in FFPA to Ks, because they have only allowed 15 PAT (on 16 TDs.) Using a similar example, Tennessee has also allowed only one more FGM (26) than the Vikings - both have allowed 28 FGA - but they've given up twelve more TDs. And further, if your league scoring is like most, they've given up a lot of 40-49 FGM (10) and 50+ FGM (6), so they're second worst in FFPA to Ks.
Yeah, I got that it was for FGA. I would think that theoretically, that should be a more helpful metric. FFPA is affected by a number of different factors that have nothing to do with the opponent. But if FGA has predictive value, that would be very helpful. It's kind of similar to RB volume or WR targets. All things equal, I'd prefer a K who I know is going to get the most attempts.

The only reasons it wouldn't be helpful is if a) it correlates with something really obvious, or b) there is too much randomness to offer long-term predictive value. It seems like a) might be true, since that table seems to correlate with overall record. I was asking if b) was true, too.

This isn't a pure academic exercise for me, BTW. I currently have Gano, who's facing Minnesota. Intuitively, that sounds like a bad match-up, but this table suggests maybe it's not as bad. Still probably going to swap him out for Koons, though (and not because Washington is at the bottom of the list).

Butker was dropped last night. Other than missing than 38 yarder last weekend at MetLife, he’s been perfect all year. But obviously kickers are almost completely dependent on their offense (or the defense flipping the field.) I guess I can see why anyone owning Chiefs is frustrated but I could see them coming out of their funk in the upcoming 3 game home stand.

Butker was dropped last night. Other than missing than 38 yarder last weekend at MetLife, he’s been perfect all year. But obviously kickers are almost completely dependent on their offense (or the defense flipping the field.) I guess I can see why anyone owning Chiefs is frustrated but I could see them coming out of their funk in the upcoming 3 game home stand.
available in my league, but something is telling me to stick with Prater this week.

available in my league, but something is telling me to stick with Prater this week.
:unsure:

Cool?

Just maybe should take into consideration Matthew is likely not going to throw a pass until Sunday. Yesterday was the first day he missed a practice rep since September 2012. He kept his hand tucked into his sweatshirt during his entire weekly press conference Tuesday, and had it wrapped in s towel yesterday. He doesn’t want anyone to see what his throwing hand looks like. 

Might work out for ya, but def monitor.

Dominant game for him - 16 pts with 27 min left

So here we are, week #15! 

Time for the officially unofficial fantasy kicker championshipalooza two-week extravaganza!  :pickle:

Winner gets a 3 pack of gourmet hot sauce. And if that doesn’t get your pickle dancing, frankly I’m not quite sure what will. 

Here’s how it works:

———————————————

USA only 

1. Pick 2 kickers. These are your ponies.

2. Guess total cumulative points for weeks 15 & 16 from both your kickers.  (Just a total for both, from all 4 games. Example: you took kickers A & B. If you think kicker A scores 6.2 + 12.6 and kicker B scores 11.4 + 13.8, your guessing that your kickers scored 44 points combined for the 2 week period. And you only need to list the cumulative total. Breakdown is fun, but optional.)

The FBG Shark who guesses the score closest to the mark wins. Tiebreaker is higher scoring kicker duo.  E.g. if I guessed 47 in the above example, I’m 3 off of 44.  If you guessed 55 for a kicker duo who scored 52, you’re also 3 off, but your ponies put up more points & you win. 

Scoring 

performance scoring. 30 yards or less = 3 points. .1/1 yard after that. 

-1 point for a miss of 30 or less or a MPAT. 

——————————————

a tie (same two kickers, same final score) goes to the earliest post by timestamp. 

Also; goes without saying, but no editing of posts. If you change your pick, delete & repost. 

There it is. You can choose a kicker from Thursday's game, but you’ll need to have your guess in by 10 mins before kickoff. 

All other kickers can be selected up to 10 mins before the early games kick off. 

Good luck everyone!   :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

Time for the officially unofficial fantasy kicker championshipalooza two-week extravaganza!  :pickle:

Winner gets a 3 pack of gourmet hot sauce. And if that doesn’t get your pickle dancing, frankly I’m not quite sure what will. 

Here’s how it works:

USA only 

1. Pick 2 kickers. These are your ponies. 2. Guess total cumulative points for weeks 15 & 16 from both your kickers.  (Just a total for both, from all 4 games. Example: you took kickers A & B. If kicker A scores 6.2 + 12.6 and kicker B scores 11.4 + 13.8, your kickers scored 44 points. If you guessed 44.)

The FBG Shark who guesses the score closest to the mark wins. Tiebreaker is higher scoring kicker duo.  E.g. if I guessed 47 in the above example, I’m 3 off of 44.  If you guessed 55 for a kicker duo who scored 52, you’re also 3 off, but your ponies put up more points & you win. 

There it is. You can choose a kicker from Thursday's game, but you’ll need to have your guess in by 10 mins before kickoff. 

All other kickers can be selected up to 10 mins before the early games kick off. 

Not sure if I am "eligible" since I won an earlier installment.  But I do want to go on record and say  the Hot Sauce I received (and the rest I purchased) is legit.  I have had some personal issues recently limiting my time here, but rest assured you will get some good stuff boys.

LMK brother, if I am eligible, I may fire off a guess in this one as well.

TZM

Not sure if I am "eligible" since I won an earlier installment.  But I do want to go on record and say  the Hot Sauce I received (and the rest I purchased) is legit.  I have had some personal issues recently limiting my time here, but rest assured you will get some good stuff boys.

LMK brother, if I am eligible, I may fire off a guess in this one as well.

TZM
Only thing that DQ’s anyone is a shipping address outside of the US! 

Your guess is as good as anyone's my friend & thank you for the kind words! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Here’s how it works:

USA only 

1. Pick 2 kickers. These are your ponies. 2. Guess total cumulative points for weeks 15 & 16 from both your kickers.  (Just a total for both, from all 4 games. Example: you took kickers A & B. If you think kicker A scores 6.2 + 12.6 and kicker B scores 11.4 + 13.8, your guessing that your kickers scored 44 points.)

NFL points of standard FF K scoring?

For example:

• 1 pt PAT
  • 3 points FGs 19-39 yards
  • 4 points FGs 40-49 yards
  • 5 points FGs 50+
Presumably no negative points for misses?

NFL points of standard FF K scoring?

For example:

• 1 pt PAT
  • 3 points FGs 19-39 yards
  • 4 points FGs 40-49 yards
  • 5 points FGs 50+
Presumably no negative points for misses?
Thank you - I forgot to include a scoring system as I have in the past. Long day.

performance scoring. 30 yards or less = 3 points. .1/1 yard after that. 

-1 point for a miss of 30 or less or a MPAT. 

I will update my original post.

appreciate the assist! 

Morten Anderson & George Blanda  0.0 combined

Thanks for doing this! 
Question: If I posted a link to a news story that said 57-year-old Morten Andersen was still kicking for a semipro team in Denmark, would any of you doubt it for a second?

I mean, it's not true (as far as I know), but if I posted it, I bet a lot of people would be like, "Yeah, that sounds right."

Just like Julio Franco is still playing baseball for some minor league team.

Ilov80s said:
No way I trust Elliot. Debating between Bryant and Lambo
I think having Foles at QB helps Elliott. Instead of going for it on 4th and 2 while in FG range as the Eagles did with Wentz, I believe they will now kick the FG instead. Elliott could very well see an additional 2+ FG attempts per game. He had 2 FG's on drives that Foles was in on last week.

DarkKnightsGuru said:
Elliot should be better as Eagles wont be going for 2 all the time now and wont be going for 4th downs.. There offense will stall more 
Plus they were so dang efficient in the red zone with Wentz - I expect a bit more struggles with Foles. 

I think having Foles at QB helps Elliott. Instead of going for it on 4th and 2 while in FG range as the Eagles did with Wentz, I believe they will now kick the FG instead. Elliott could very well see an additional 2+ FG attempts per game. He had 2 FG's on drives that Foles was in on last week.
Not to mention 3x 3rd and long in the RZ, and (at least) 2x 3rd downs in long FG range that they converted.

Elliott could have had a +5 more FG day.  

Not saying it was a lock for him to have 5 more FGs, maybe Foles converts ~2 of those.

still - I expect more Elliott with Foles under center. 

Getting into FG range is the issue I am worried about 

I’m one of the biggest Butker fans, but I’m getting a bad feeling about him tonight. Plus, I’m rolling out the Chargers D, so maybe that’s it. Now I’m debating:

Butker vs Chargers

Gould vs Titans 

Lambo vs Texans 

I’m one of the biggest Butker fans, but I’m getting a bad feeling about him tonight. Plus, I’m rolling out the Chargers D, so maybe that’s it. Now I’m debating:

Butker vs Chargers

Gould vs Titans 

Lambo vs Texans 
I cut Butker to roll with Gould.  Gould’s getting plenty of opportunities with Jimmy at QB, and the Titans have been giving up a bunch of FG attempts lately as well.  Obviously that doesn’t mean those trends will continue, but the stats definitely support a big week for Gould.

Users who are viewing this thread