Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
SaintsInDome2006

The Official Kicker (K) Thread

Rams waived K Lirim Hajrullahu.

This comes as a surprise since Hajrullahu was reportedly leading the competition to replace Greg Zuerlein in camp. The job now becomes Sam Sloman's, who the Rams drafted in the seventh round this year. Austin MacGinnis is also expected to be waived in the next 24 hours. 

SOURCE: Dave Birkett on Twitter

Sep 4, 2020, 12:20 PM ET

9 hours ago, Faust said:

Rams waived K Lirim Hajrullahu.

This comes as a surprise since Hajrullahu was reportedly leading the competition to replace Greg Zuerlein in camp. The job now becomes Sam Sloman's, who the Rams drafted in the seventh round this year. Austin MacGinnis is also expected to be waived in the next 24 hours. 

The bolded has happened too...

Rams waived RB John Kelly, DB Adonis Alexander, LB Daniel Bituli, TE Kendall Blanton, C Cohl Cabral, OG Jamill Demby, WR Earnest Edwards, DB Jake Gervase, K Lirim Hajrullahu, DB Juju Hughes, OG Jeremiah Kolone, WR J.J. Koski, DB Dayan Lake, K Austin MacGinnis, DB Tyrique McGhee, LB Derrick Moncrief, and WR Easop Winston.

Saw an update that Succup won the K job in TB. I finally got a piece of that offense in the last round of my draft! :pickle:

• Like 1

From a real NFL perspective...its why GB has been fortunate over the years with Crosby...to have that type of confidence (not always as he had to fight off a couple moments of struggle and competition too)...just seems nice to have that as long as you can.

26 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

From a real NFL perspective...its why GB has been fortunate over the years with Crosby...to have that type of confidence (not always as he had to fight off a couple moments of struggle and competition too)...just seems nice to have that as long as you can.

I hear ya.  It's FF's version of set it and forget it.  Jason Hanson played 21 straight seasons for the Lions.  And Justin Tucker is the only kicker in NFL history with at least 100 attempts to be over 90%.  The Ravens would be wise to pay him whatever he wants.

LOL at NE. They cut both their kickers. Lots of confusion as to what they are doing. It could (should) mean they want to give someone else a roster spot to get that player onto IR and then bring back Folk. Others thing they will scramble to tryout other kickers. However, Folk was very good last year when they brought him in and also the last few weeks in camp. I still think Folk will end up being the Patriots kicker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

LOL at NE. They cut both their kickers. Lots of confusion as to what they are doing. It could (should) mean they want to give someone else a roster spot to get that player onto IR and then bring back Folk. Others thing they will scramble to tryout other kickers. However, Folk was very good last year when they brought him in and also the last few weeks in camp. I still think Folk will end up being the Patriots kicker. 

Wasted 5 th round pick. 😕

29 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

That mostly goes without saying, but he may end up on the practice squad. It’s generally not a great idea to draft a kicker in the first place. 

• Like 1

Bears released K Cairo Santos.

Eddy Pineiro won the camp battle for kicking duties over Santos. Pineiro was dealing with a groin injury but appears to be healthy. Santos could be brought back once the Bears make some final adjustments to their roster after cutting down to 53.

RELATED: 

Eddy Pineiro

, Chicago Bears

Sep 5, 2020, 2:13 PM ET

3 hours ago, Blackbear said:

The Patriots are woefully short at WR on the depth chart after Edelman and Harry.

Here are the WR who were picked after they used their fifth round pick on Rohrwasser:

Tyler Johnson 

Collin Johnson 

Quintez Cephus

John Hightower 

Isaiah Coulter

Darnell Mooney

K.J. Osborn

50 minutes ago, Faust said:

The Patriots are woefully short at WR on the depth chart after Edelman and Harry.

Here are the WR who were picked after they used their fifth round pick on Rohrwasser:

Tyler Johnson 

Collin Johnson 

Quintez Cephus

John Hightower 

Isaiah Coulter

Darnell Mooney

K.J. Osborn

Oh ye of little faith. Byrd will turn into another find and reclamation project. And don’t rule out a trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faust said:

Tyler Johnson 

Collin Johnson 

Quintez Cephus

John Hightower 

Isaiah Coulter

Darnell Mooney

K.J. Osborn

What is worse is they traded a 2020 second for Sanu, who they just cut. They could have had Denzel Mims with that pick. 😔

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/28/who-was-available-in-2nd-round-if-the-patriots-hadnt-traded-for-mohamed-sanu/

7 hours ago, Blackbear said:

What is worse is they traded a 2020 second for Sanu, who they just cut. They could have had Denzel Mims with that pick. 😔

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/28/who-was-available-in-2nd-round-if-the-patriots-hadnt-traded-for-mohamed-sanu/

I don’t want to soil an otherwise perfectly fine kicker thread, but NE has a pretty spotty record in terms of 2nd round picks. They could just have easily used the pick and whiffed. 

LINK

Top 3 kickers seem fairly obvious. Zuerlein maybe 4. Any sleeper type guys who could get into 4-6 range?

On 5/12/2020 at 8:03 PM, ZWK said:

Here's an attempt to rank the teams based on how likely their top kicker is to have the job this year.

Virtually certain (alphabetical):
Justin Tucker    BAL
Brandon McManus    DEN
Mason Crosby    GB
Ka'imi Fairbairn    HOU
Josh Lambo    JAC
Harrison Butker    KC
Dan Bailey    MIN
Wil Lutz    NO
Jake Elliott    PHI
Chris Boswell    PIT

Everyone else (most to least likely):
Jason Myers    SEA
Michael Badgley    LAC
Zane Gonzalez    ARI
Matt Prater    DET
Robbie Gould    SF
Dustin Hopkins    WAS
Randy Bullock    CIN
Younghoe Koo    ATL
Greg Zuerlein    DAL
Austin Seibert    CLE
Jason Sanders    MIA
Eddy Pineiro    CHI
Justin Rohrwasser      NE
Matt Gay    TB
Aldrick Rosas    NYG
Daniel Carlson    LV
Sam Ficken    NYJ
Tyler Bass    BUF
Joey Slye    CAR
Chase McLaughlin    IND
Austin MacGinnis    LAR
Greg Joseph    TEN

Update?

On 8/31/2020 at 11:21 PM, Ray Barboni said:

Trading FOR kickers is weird. Don’t be weird. 

You will just as easy be able to find a suitable kicker on the WW. Or at the very least? You’ll also do just fine streaming, or playing matchups.

Maybe you only play redraft, because in dynasty kickers are traded quite a bit

On 9/1/2020 at 1:24 AM, ZWK said:

I'd offer a 3rd, or try to get him as a throw-in on a larger trade.

Gostkowski offered a pretty nice edge on the field year after year - I'm in a 0.5 PPR league where I estimate that his career was worth about as much as Randall Cobb, Knowshon Moreno, Leonard Fournette, or Stefon Diggs have been so far. So definitely seems worth the effort to try to get Butker or Tucker, whose skills & teams give them a shot to be that sort of difference-maker.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:01 AM, zed2283 said:

That's what I think as well.  I don't poo-poo any player at any position that I think can give me an advantage, especially a long-term one. 

I was thinking a 3rd also, so maybe that's good.

Was going to say a 3rd as well

2 hours ago, Tool said:

Top 3 kickers seem fairly obvious. Zuerlein maybe 4. Any sleeper type guys who could get into 4-6 range?

Might be the homer in me but I say Boswell. In 2017 he finished 4th, in 2018 he had the yips and was terrible, and finished 8th last year when the Steelers were last in Red Zone offense and 27th in scoring offense. 

rankings are dependent on league specific scoring systems of course

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 1:24 AM, ZWK said:

I'd offer a 3rd, or try to get him as a throw-in on a larger trade.

Gostkowski offered a pretty nice edge on the field year after year - I'm in a 0.5 PPR league where I estimate that his career was worth about as much as Randall Cobb, Knowshon Moreno, Leonard Fournette, or Stefon Diggs have been so far. So definitely seems worth the effort to try to get Butker or Tucker, whose skills & teams give them a shot to be that sort of difference-maker.

From 2007-2018, Gostkowski had a VBD score of 258 points. That’s obviously very good and worked out to an average of 23 points per year. As has been debated in other threads over the years, the question becomes is it the environment or is it the kicker? In Gostkowski’s case, I would say it was the Patriots offense. In Tucker’s case, I think it’s been more him than the offense most years. 

4 hours ago, Tool said:

How about Succop ? Throw out last season when he was obviously hurt, but before that he was real solid. He has the latest possible bye this season (week 13) so you can "set it and forget it", he doesn't have any potential bad weather games at all after week 10, and with Brady at QB now, the Bucs are going to cut down on the turnovers and necessarily end up with more FG attempts. As it is, last year, had Gay not missed so many kicks, the Bucs would have been # 5 in kicker scoring. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Maybe you only play redraft, because in dynasty kickers are traded quite a bit

Nah I mostly play dynasty as well. I must’ve misread the post that I quoted - thought OP was strictly trying to trade for a K. No package deal.

For example I made this trade (Dynasty) in the off-season:

Gave: 1st/2nd 2021 picks 

Got: Drake/Diggs/Shepard/Legatron/$20 auction cash

Throwing in a kicker to spice up, or hide the fact you are after a Kicker is always a great move. 

Sorry if I misunderstood the post I quoted. Like I said, I though buddy was simply trying to trade for a kicker with no sort of package deal. 

To get back on topic? What do you guys think about Greg the Leg in Dallas? Seems like he can regain his previous elite status IMO ... that offense should always be moving. 

Patriots signed Justin Rohrwasser and Nick Folk to the practice squad.

New England remains without a kicker on the roster a week before their season opener against Miami. It's a bold strategy. We'll likely see the team activate Folk or Rohrwasser to the 53-man roster this week, or the team will sign a free agent kicker like Matt Gay. Patriots beat writers throughout August said kicker was a major weak spot for the team. Field goals and extra points could be precarious for the Patriots in 2020. 

RELATED: 

Nick Folk

SOURCE: Jeff Howe on Twitter

Sep 6, 2020, 1:35 PM ET

Bills tried out three kickers.

Strange. The Bills are still looking at kickers two weeks after waiving veteran Stephen Hauschka and seemingly giving the starting nod to rookie Tyler Bass. Buffalo tried out kickers Matthew McCrane (Kansas State), Tristan Vizcaino (Washington), and Ramiz Ahmed (Nevada). Bass, who made a meager 20 of 28 field goal tries last year at Georgia Southern, would make a decent fantasy option in Week 1. Buffalo is a 6.5-point home favorite against the Jets. 

SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter 

Sep 6, 2020, 4:38 PM ET

4 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

Nah I mostly play dynasty as well. I must’ve misread the post that I quoted - thought OP was strictly trying to trade for a K. No package deal.

Throwing in a kicker to spice up, or hide the fact you are after a Kicker is always a great move. 

Sorry if I misunderstood the post I quoted. Like I said, I though buddy was simply trying to trade for a kicker with no sort of package deal. 

To get back on topic? What do you guys think about Greg the Leg in Dallas? Seems like he can regain his previous elite status IMO ... that offense should always be moving. 

Yeah, that's what I was saying.  Trade for for a kicker with no sort of package deal.  What's the problem?

4 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

I just drafted the leg as 4th kicker off the board. you are right, should have a lot of scoring in Dallas. 

Zane Gonzalez- why are so many down on him? He was released in two of my leagues. I own Succop in one and Tucker in another so I’m not going to go for him, but it’s tempting. 

He finished 5th overall K last year and the offense has only improved. Or maybe that’s the issue? Kyler is less likely to stall in the RZ this year?

Titans K Stephen Gostkowski said his surgically repaired hip feels good. 

Tennessee's new kicker had surgery on the injured hip in October and remained in New England for rehab. Gostkowki should be a usable fantasy option on a Titans team that doesn't see much negative game script. A little regression in the team's red zone success -- they scored touchdowns on a league best 77.6 percent of red zone possessions in 2019 -- and Gostkowski could see consistent file goal opportunity in 2020. 

SOURCE: Terry McCormick on Twitter 

Sep 7, 2020, 12:21 PM ET

I don't see the "Rent A Kicker" feature in the FBG content for this season. Might need this thread to really step it up. 

Bears placed K Eddy Pineiro (groin) on injured reserve.

He'll miss at least the first three weeks of the season. Pineiro won the Bears' kicking gig out of camp, beating out Cairo Santos, but Santos was kept on the practice squad and is expected to be elevated to the 53-man roster. He's not a strong fantasy option.

RELATED: 

Cairo Santos

Sep 8, 2020, 2:28 PM ET

K streamers for week 1?

Thinking Elliott at Washington, Succop at NO, Gostkowski at Broncos, or Boswell at Giants. 

Several young guys are pretty interesting this year too, including Blankenship and Tyler Bass. Either might be a good stream this week too (at Jacksonville and vs NYJ respectively).

There’s way too much kicker news to interrupt with a contest this week, but rest assured, when the dust settles in week 2 or 3 I will put one up for sure. 

thinking of adding a challenge to it by including guesses for FGA as well. 

Stay tuned! 

On 9/7/2020 at 12:18 PM, Walking Boot said:

I don't see the "Rent A Kicker" feature in the FBG content for this season. Might need this thread to really step it up. 

Now up. Rent-a-Kicker: Week 1

• Thanks 1

Broncos signed K Brandon McManus to a four-year, $17.2 million contract extension.

He earned $9.5 million guaranteed. McManus has been a stable player for Denver since 2014, his first season in the NFL. Last season, McManus connected on 85% of his field goal attempts and 96% of his extra points.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 11, 2020, 9:31 PM ET

Bears activated K Cairo Santos to the active roster.

Santos will be the Bears' kicker for at least the next three weeks with incumbent Eddy Pinerio (groin) on injured reserve. It's worth noting that Santos lost the job in training camp, but kickers are mostly all the same aside from Justin Tucker. Starting a Bears kicker in fantasy is certainly a gamble, but at least he opens in a dome against the Lions.

SOURCE: chicagobears.com

Sep 12, 2020, 4:09 PM ET

Patriots activated K Nick Folk to the active roster.

Folk will be the opening game starter after beating rookie K Justin Rohrwasser in a training camp battle. New England's kicker has always been on the fantasy radar, although the offense likely regresses with a weakened 2020 roster. Against the Dolphins in Week 1, Folk is a quality streamer.

RELATED: 

Justin Rohrwasser

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 12, 2020, 4:40 PM ET

Browns waived K Austin Seibert.

Seibert, Cleveland's No. 170 overall pick in 2019, missed two kicks on Sunday — a PAT and a 40-yard FG — and was promptly replaced before Thursday's kick-off. Cody Parkey was signed from the practice squad and will make his debut in Cleveland's home opener.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:25 PM ET

Browns promoted K Cody Parkey from the practice squad.

The team waived K Austin Seibert in a corresponding move. Seibert missed two kicks on Sunday — a PAT and a 40-yard FG — and wasn't given a leash beyond that. Parkey will make his debut for the Browns on Thursday against the Bengals.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:27 PM ET

Bengals claimed K Austin Seibert off waivers from Browns.

Seibert, Cleveland's fifth-round pick last year, was waived by the Browns following two missed kicks in Week 1 but finds a home 24 hours later. He'll replace Randy Bullock (questionable), who was listed on the team's injury report with two strained calves. Bengals travel to Cleveland for the Browns' home opener on Thursday.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Sep 15, 2020, 8:58 AM ET

Bengals coach Zac Taylor said Randy Bullock will kick through his strained calves and start against the Browns on Thursday even after the Bengals claimed K Austin Seibert off waivers. 

Whatever — carrying two kickers on your 53-man roster, starting a kicker with two strained calves — floats your boat. The Bengals missed out on overtime against the Chargers in Week 1 after Bullock blew a tire on the would-be game-tying field goal. The 31-year-old is on notice. 

RELATED: 

Austin Seibert

SOURCE: Paul Dehner on Twitter 

Sep 15, 2020, 1:57 PM ET

The Titans will stick with K Stephen Gostkowski for Week 2 after he missed three field goals and an extra point in Monday's win over the Broncos. 

"For a guy that’s a career 87 percent field goal kicker, I think a lot of those corrections are going to be on him," coach Mike Vrabel said. "But it’s also on us to make everything around him better." Gostkowski appeared in an increasing fog following each Monday shank, but Vrabel showed remarkable faith by trotting out for a potentially game-winning 25-yard attempt with 0:17 remaining. Gostkowski drained it and breathed a massive sigh of relief. Gostkowski can't afford anymore multi-miss weeks, but he should get back on track. 

SOURCE: Erik Bacharach on Twitter 

Sep 15, 2020, 1:37 PM ET

Right now I have TB's Succop.

Are Crosby, Carlson or Lambo better options? 

• Like 1

Anyone really holding tight on Greg the leg?

Two years ago, this guy was on fire. Last year, seemed mediocre. And this past weekend, misfires badly on a 50+ and almost sliced an extra point.

Feel like Succop has a great matchup this week.

• Like 1

I’m on Succop as well. I’d give Greg the Leg a bit more time though. I have him in a league and will do that.

I think holding onto Gostkowski is going to cost the Titans. He didn't look right. Those were bad misses. The ball fluttered off of his foot dead wide from the start of his kicks. They were never good at any point from the back angle camera view.  

The Bengals holding onto Bullock is probably the dumbest thing I've heard of in a while in pro sports. He's not very good to begin with and has strained calves. What are they hoping to accomplish? Sabotaging their own chances at a winning season?

Edited by rockaction

2 hours ago, One said:

Right now I have TB's Succop.

Are Crosby, Carlson or Lambo better options? 

I have Succop as well. He did OK last week, although I don't believe the blocked FG was his fault. I plan to stick with him for the foreseeable future. The Bucs are going to put up more points, he kicks in warm weather and his bye isn't until week 13. And who doesn't want a suck-up on their team ? LOL

• Like 1