What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New to DFS (1 Viewer)

Ebaker5

Footballguy
So i dabbled in DFS last season with little to no luck. Did a little research in the offseason and have hopefully found a better approach. So, this week I am starting small. Slapped $10 into my FD account and picked a few different small buy in leagues/tournaments, etc. $1-$2 buyins. I decided to go for a few of the "Budget" guys instead of loading the roster with proven studs. Here is what I slapped together.

QB- Bradford

RB- Gore/Miller

WR- Dez/Landry/Matthews

TE- Olson

K- Sturgis

D- Miami

Feel like its a solid team with a lot of "upside" guys. Opinions, gripes, concerns?

I am between him and Jstew. If I go Jstew, I save $400 on Rbs that I can apply back into a WR.

Went in and and dropped Gore, picked JStew. That allows me to grab Julio instead of Dez in a potential shootout against Philly.

QB- Bradford

RB- Jstew/Miller

WR- Julio/Landry/Matthews

TE- Olson

K- Sturgis

D- Miami

Thanks for posting.

Like you "i dabbled in DFS last season with little to no luck"...so what is your new approach this year?

So i dabbled in DFS last season with little to no luck. Did a little research in the offseason and have hopefully found a better approach. So, this week I am starting small. Slapped $10 into my FD account and picked a few different small buy in leagues/tournaments, etc. $1-$2 buyins. I decided to go for a few of the "Budget" guys instead of loading the roster with proven studs. Here is what I slapped together.
Cut back on the leagues/tournaments and go with the 50/50 and double ups. Very good way to build your bankroll up and support your league/tournament entries.

Thanks for posting.

Like you "i dabbled in DFS last season with little to no luck"...so what is your new approach this year?
Last year I was loading up with the studs where I could and then going with the cheap RB2/WR2&3/TEs/D's/K's. So I may have had Luck/Dez/Lynch in an entry but then the rest of my depth was HORRIBLE. So I went back and talked to some other guys that have been somewhat successful and did a little leg work online. I noticed that the teams that were winning and winning more frequently than others were teams that were more or less loaded with "high risk/high reward" players. This being due to the fact that instead of 1 or 2 "studs" going off they had 5 or 6 "risk" guys going off for the same points the studs were producing.

Now, not saying that this is the "right" method. It just seems that the teams that were doing better through the season were the teams built in this fashion.

Cut back on the leagues/tournaments and go with the 50/50 and double ups. Very good way to build your bankroll up and support your league/tournament entries.
Will definitely try this route. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for posting.

Last year I was loading up with the studs where I could and then going with the cheap RB2/WR2&3/TEs/D's/K's. So I may have had Luck/Dez/Lynch in an entry but then the rest of my depth was HORRIBLE. So I went back and talked to some other guys that have been somewhat successful and did a little leg work online. I noticed that the teams that were winning and winning more frequently than others were teams that were more or less loaded with "high risk/high reward" players. This being due to the fact that instead of 1 or 2 "studs" going off they had 5 or 6 "risk" guys going off for the same points the studs were producing.

Now, not saying that this is the "right" method. It just seems that the teams that were doing better through the season were the teams built in this fashion.
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for posting.

Going with those high risk/high reward guys is key for trying to win GPPs but for cash games you need guys with high floors.

You won't win the "big money" unless you hit in a tournament, but you can grind your way to a profit for the season. More boring way to go at it, but a better way to make a little coin and fund your tournament entries.

:goodposting:

I have a very small bankroll also( Carried over $38 from last season) ..

I'll usually throw in one or two $1 or $2 GPP's... Basically playing the lottery but with a little more hope than a prayer ;)

The FBG One is the most expensive one I play.. Otherwise I go in on a few $2 and $5 double ups or 50/50's each week..

Kept me alive all of last year when I started with a $10 bankroll.

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't win the "big money" unless you hit in a tournament, but you can grind your way to a profit for the season. More boring way to go at it, but a better way to make a little coin and fund your tournament entries.
I'd disagree with it is "more boring".. :shrug:

For me playing weekly is the fun part.. Sure I'd like to win the "Big One", which is why I do enter 1 or two cheap GPP's..

But overall it's trying to come up with a good enough lineup each week in a few 50/50's and/or Double Ups and win that give me the "High" that one only gets on Draft night in a Season Long league.

in a couple 50/50 so far with:

Bradford

Lacy

T Coleman

Julio

Landry

S Smith

Olsen

McManus

Saints D

Thoughts appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradford

Lacy

Coleman

Julio

Landry

S Smith

Olsen

McManus

Saints D

Thoughts appreciated.
Ill probably play Coleman in a GPP, but hes a guy Im staying away from in cash games. Could just as easily have 5 points as 20. Around that same price I much prefer Doug Martin or Chris Ivory. Other concern is the Saints D. They were awful last year, they lost their best LB, and are playing on the road, week one, against a great offense.

I would drop Coleman for Ivory, and with the extra money upgrade to the NYJ defense

I'd disagree with it is "more boring".. :shrug:

For me playing weekly is the fun part.. Sure I'd like to win the "Big One", which is why I do enter 1 or two cheap GPP's..

But overall it's trying to come up with a good enough lineup each week in a few 50/50's and/or Double Ups and win that give me the "High" that one only gets on Draft night in a Season Long league.
Probably worded that wrong. I have a lot of fun with it because in season long, the draft is 75% of the fun for me so in weekly I get to do it every week. What I meant about "boring" is you are only playing for $4 win on a $2 entry (in a double up) instead of the possible $10000 win, but your chances are a lot greater.

I cut back on my season long leagues this year because of the daily, so I have a lot of fun with it even though our bankrolls are just a fraction of what the sharks play with.

Bradford

Lacy

Coleman

Julio

Landry

S Smith

Olsen

McManus

Saints D

Thoughts appreciated.
Ill probably play Coleman in a GPP, but hes a guy Im staying away from in cash games. Could just as easily have 5 points as 20. Around that same price I much prefer Doug Martin or Chris Ivory. Other concern is the Saints D. They were awful last year, they lost their best LB, and are playing on the road, week one, against a great offense.

I would drop Coleman for Ivory, and with the extra money upgrade to the NYJ defense
Thanks, appreciate he feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread