What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 4 (1 Viewer)

This is for cash and Ridley isn't the best cash option, neither is Westbrook really.  So far I have Marquise Brown, Fitz, and Terry McLaurin, but McLaurin isnt practicing today so this lineup just might not work.  Also don't like Marquise Brown as much if Denzel Ward suits up for CLE since he can match Brown's speed.  If Ward sits, Brown is a lock.  
With that you are only leaving $8000 for your Def and TE, good luck

With that you are only leaving $8000 for your Def and TE, good luck
Yup ended up with Dissly and Buffalo.  Dissly's been a lock for me so far, but with ARI's talk of changing up their schemes to better cover TEs I'm thinking twice about him.  

Scrapping that idea. 

10 minutes is way too early

a minute or less, all contests will lock at the time the site say the slate starts, so if its a 705pm MLB slate then the contests lock at 705 on the dot and your best bet at overlays will be 704-704.59
I looked 10 minutes before kickoff last night and couldn't find any GPPs to enter at all at my price point except for the ones that only offer ticket rewards.  

I looked 10 minutes before kickoff last night and couldn't find any GPPs to enter at all at my price point except for the ones that only offer ticket rewards.  
satellites to other tickets are what they have been talking about mostly, but from time to time on large slates there will be some GPP overlays

Wow, two major pieces of news out of the Charger game.  Mike Williams and Justin Jackson both confirmed out, AND the coach says that Gordon "could be used".  Makes me want to avoid this altogether.  SD is depleted and MIA showing signs of life against Dallas plus them playing at home against a West Coast team travelling east makes me think they have a fighting chance.  

Scoresman said:
Wow, two major pieces of news out of the Charger game.  Mike Williams and Justin Jackson both confirmed out, AND the coach says that Gordon "could be used".  Makes me want to avoid this altogether.  SD is depleted and MIA showing signs of life against Dallas plus them playing at home against a West Coast team travelling east makes me think they have a fighting chance.  
Makes me think that Ekeler is an ABSOLUTE MUST PLAY in cash games.    But then I also heard on the radio a few minutes ago that Gordon may see some limited action this week.  Still not enough to fade Ekeler in my mind.

Makes me think that Ekeler is an ABSOLUTE MUST PLAY in cash games.    But then I also heard on the radio a few minutes ago that Gordon may see some limited action this week.  Still not enough to fade Ekeler in my mind.
Agree but I'm having a hard time fitting Ekeler's price.  Going with Mack and liking my lineup better overall.  

+1

Scoresman said:
Trying to get a lineup with Mahomes, CMC, Ekeler, and Ingram locked in, but it is really tough.  
@Scoresman -   I took this as a challenge and came up with something I actually don't mind at all - those 4 guys with M.Brown, P.Williams, Dissly, and one of J.Brown/Sanders/Sutton.  That would leave 4K for a DT.     :oldunsure:

lower % gpp plays I am looking at on FD:

Qb:  probably sticking to the obvious guys, but maybe Stafford on the other side of that game?

RB:  I wrote down to look at:  Henry, Jacobs, McCoy, Cook, Ingram

WR:  a lot of options here:  Fuller, M.Brown, TB wrs, Woods, J.Brown, Marvin, maybe Hardman?

TE:  Waller?

DT:  LOTS of options here:  Chic, Clev, Indy, Min, Balt, Jax, AZ.   This is probably where I will make a lot of pivots to try to get weird in a gpp.  

Like I wrote in the DK thread, I think a lot of my gpp pivots will be at WR and DT, as at lot of great plays at QB/RB/TE are that way for a reason.  

My brain keeps telling me to play the LAC defense and forget about it.  My budget and having both Ekeler and Allen in the line up keeps telling me otherwise.  I am thinking of pivoting to the SEA defense to save a buck.  They haven't done much the last couple weeks, but Arizona seems to afford teams a lot of opportunity to score defensive points.  Carolina D ripped up Arizona last week with 8 sacks and 2 picks.   Detroit had 5 sacks and a pick in week one.   But doing that gives me a Wilson, Dissly and SEA D stack...Ugh.  I don't like that either.   I am having a very difficult time this week settling on a line up.  Keep ending up with LAC, SEA and BAL stacks in my cash game line up.   Keep bouncing back and forth on...

QB - Jackson and Wilson

RB -  K. Johnson/Fournette, or  Thompson/Gallman ($$ left will push me towards one price point or the other)

WR - Fitz, Kirk, Sanders, Ridley (similar price points to fill my last WR spot)

D - LAC and Sea...hmmmmm could sneak up to $4k and play Min D.

Last edited by a moderator:
How thin is this for a "cash" LU?  Putting this in a few 50/50s, 2 H2Hs, 3 5 man contests, and a 25cent gpp.  

Mahomes

McCaffrey/Ekeler/Mack

M.Brown/P.Richardson/Inman

Kelce 

Carolina D

ETA- the 1v1 I probably should do is something like Dissly/Kupp instead of Inman/Kelce right, and go naked Mahomes? 

How thin is this for a "cash" LU?  Putting this in a few 50/50s, 2 H2Hs, 3 5 man contests, and a 25cent gpp.  

Mahomes

McCaffrey/Ekeler/Mack

M.Brown/P.Richardson/Inman

Kelce 

Carolina D

ETA- the 1v1 I probably should do is something like Dissly/Kupp instead of Inman/Kelce right, and go naked Mahomes? 
richardson and Inman are a concern for me in a cash game. I like PRich a lot for GPP, should be solid enough in cash too. I'd probably go Dissly/Kupp if thats the other option you're thinking for cash. 

richardson and Inman are a concern for me in a cash game. I like PRich a lot for GPP, should be solid enough in cash too. I'd probably go Dissly/Kupp if thats the other option you're thinking for cash. 
Just thinking if McLauren is slowed by the hammy and DNP on Friday, Richardson would see a bump.  Same with Inman with Williams and T.Benj looking to be out.  Might try Inman on DK where he is 3k instead of FD. 

Was going to load up on Wilson in cash games, but the more I look at it, I am wondering if  game script will go in Wilson's favor.  I came up with another lineup:

QBPatrick Mahomes II9200

RBAustin Ekeler8100

RBWayne Gallman5800

WRMarquise Brown5700

WRLarry Fitzgerald5900

WRTyler Lockett6600

TETravis Kelce7600

FMarlon Mack7300

DSeattle Seahawks3700

Not a big fan of Gallman, but guessing he will be widely owned  because of cost and opportunity.

Why are people so fond of Marquise Brown for cash?  I don't get it.  Sure the targets are there, but he's basically DeSean Jackson.  He either blows up or is a stinker.  That doesn't exactly scream like a cash player to me.  

Why are people so fond of Marquise Brown for cash?  I don't get it.  Sure the targets are there, but he's basically DeSean Jackson.  He either blows up or is a stinker.  That doesn't exactly scream like a cash player to me.  
For me, it seems to be coming down to price point.  I like where I am at, but have 5.8 left for that spot, so that takes out Fitz, Kirk, Marvin, etc..   Feels like for his target share and % of team air yards for the main slate (11th and 6th), he is underpriced.  Plus he is one of the few in that range on a team with a high projected total, Cleve secondary is banged up, and it looks like Andrews is still a little injured.   In that range, I was also looking at Sutton/Sanders/J.Brown but I think the higher Vegas total put me on Brown.  

Current cash lineup is:

Jones

Ekeler/Mack/McCaffrey

Kupp/Watkins/Richardson

Dissly

Rams

Had Jackson and M Brown in all week, but I wanted to have a piece of the high o/u game, so dropped down to Jones to fit in Watkins.

I don’t have a warm fuzzy feeling about Ekelor for some reason. I’m using Melvin in a couple GPP builds. I have lots of Keenan (probably too much). I realize Miami is dreadful and doesn’t have the talent to compete. But I’ve just got a bad feeling about that game for LAC. 

Final cash lineup for the weekend here.  It's the only slate I play.

Russell Wilson

McCaffrey, Mack, Kerryon

Larry Fitz, Lockett, C. Samuel

Evan Engram

Rams

It's basically the exact same as my DK one, just with a better RB3 cause of pricing, and a different ARI WR.  I don't know if that should give me confidence or make me more nervous since the scoring on both platforms are different.  

The game I am dreading is the Seattle game.  Mostly chalk, but a team that is favored and only passes 57% of the time.  Dissly also doesn't show up near the top of anything I look at - target %, RZ %, air yards, etc.     Mostly fading this and hoping Wilson doesn't crush my soul.  

ETA:  also fading K.Johnson and Gallman, so maybe this was a week for me just to play gpps or something.  

$5 double up

Wilson,Eckler,Mack,Allen,Watkins,M Brown,Dissly,Gallman,NE

$1 gpp

Keenum,Carson,Gurly,Richardson,Sheppard,Julio,Kelce,Golladay,Rams

So with todays news here are my 2 cash LUs

Wilson/McCaff/Fournette/DMoore/MBrown/MJones jr/Dissly/Ekler/LAC

LJack/Mack/Fournette/KA/MBrown/Lockett/Engram/Henry/Seat

Dont like having Fournette and MBrown in both but they are who fit.  The winds in Den scare me as Den will load the box but all week the Jags have emphasized they have to run block better plus I expect L4 to get 5 or 6 rec targets

GPPs

#! Wilson/Ek/DJ/KA/Lockett/MBrown/Engram/L4/Seat

#2 LJack/McCaff/Ek/KA/Kirk/MBrown/Hurst/McCoy/Den

#3 Goff/Ek/L4/Kupp/KA/Fitz/DWalker/MBrown/LAC

#4 Mahomes/DWilliams(5500)/Ingram/Cooks/Westbrook/MBrown/Kelce/Gurley/Jax

#5 Mahomes/Ek/L4/Locket/Ridley/MBrown/Kelce/MJones Jr/Jax

#6 MRyan/Ingram/Gurley/JJ/Hardman/Westbrook/Engram/MBrown/Jax

Have several other LUs in smaller(4.44) GPPs

and my $1 hot streak GPP LU

Mahomes/DWill/Mack/Watkins/MJones Jr/Metkaf/Kelce/Gurley/Jax

Yes, MBrown could make my day really good or really bad, but that's the fun of it!!

God luck to all 

I've been losing a bit every week this year, and I think I'm too obsessed with ownership percentages. If you look at the top tickets in the NFL Sunday million contest, almost all of them are full of chalk players.

I've been losing a bit every week this year, and I think I'm too obsessed with ownership percentages. If you look at the top tickets in the NFL Sunday million contest, almost all of them are full of chalk players.
One of the pods I listen to had a gpp segment that basically said this.  Chalk is fine, just need a couple <5% players.  Running out a lineup with 7 <5% players is probably a losing proposition.  

well my Mariota/AJ Brown stack kind of worked.  Problem was I put Kelce/Dion Lewis/Julio/Nuk in with it.  

I would think that you would want a core of chalky guys.  They are chalk for a reason.    Differentiate your line up in a couple of strategic spots and hope for the best.

Lol. Fbg optimizer pitched another 0fer for me. I think I’m up to 50 milly lineups that haven’t cashed. Not sure how that is even possible 

Big time overlay for milly tix tonight 

$11500 collected, $27000 out

First really good week on FD this year.  Main LU hit for 160.  I ended up with:

Mahomes - McCaffrey/Ekeler/Fournette - Golladay/Fitz/M.Brown - Dissly - Carolina

I liked the result of putting this in some 50/50s, H2Hs, and 5man, and a cheap gpp.  Got nipped by one of the H2Hs, but hit everything else, so this was $10.25 in, $26.30 out.   Hit on my $1 SE for $6, and a couple other of the 25cent gpps, so overall up $20 on the day, which puts me at a couple bucks up overall since DK blew for me this week again.  I think I will be hanging out in here for a couple weeks as DK has been brutal for me this year.  

First really good week on FD this year.  Main LU hit for 160.  I ended up with:

Mahomes - McCaffrey/Ekeler/Fournette - Golladay/Fitz/M.Brown - Dissly - Carolina

I liked the result of putting this in some 50/50s, H2Hs, and 5man, and a cheap gpp.  Got nipped by one of the H2Hs, but hit everything else, so this was $10.25 in, $26.30 out.   Hit on my $1 SE for $6, and a couple other of the 25cent gpps, so overall up $20 on the day, which puts me at a couple bucks up overall since DK blew for me this week again.  I think I will be hanging out in here for a couple weeks as DK has been brutal for me this year.  
Glad to have you back and congrats on a good week

Was on the crapper and did 2 2cent "second half" single game entries last night.  Still think these single game contests are horrible, and still keep getting sucked into them.  50cents in, $3.54 out.  

300 in 277 out

Cash LU of Wilson/McCaff/L4/Moore/MBrown/MJonesJr/Dissly/Ek/LAC went for 140.9 and cashed all

Second Cash LU of LJack/Mack/L4/KA/MBrown/Lock/Engram/Henry/Seat crapped out at 109.18 and didn't cash any

LU in the Sunday Mill min cashed for $15 at 126.4-Wilson/EK/DJ/KA/Lock/MBrown/Engram/L4/Seat

LU in the 200K GPP min cashed for $12 at 128.88- Goff/EK/Kupp/Allen/Fitz/Walker/MBrown/LAC

LU in the 160K min cashed with 138.3- Wilson/EK/Harmon/MBrown/Cooks/Dissly/McCaff/LAC

LU in the 40K single entry min cashed with127.3- Mahomes/Kjohn/Mcoy/DRobinson/Golloday/MBrown/Kelce/Gallman Jr/LAC

Went heavy on 4 players, L4/EK/LAC/MBrown, hit 2.5 of them with LAC not a hit or a miss and MBrown as a miss, he has a good day and so do I, oh well, on to next week

Current cash lineup is:

Jones

Ekeler/Mack/McCaffrey

Kupp/Watkins/Richardson

Dissly

Rams

Had Jackson and M Brown in all week, but I wanted to have a piece of the high o/u game, so dropped down to Jones to fit in Watkins.
Good for 125.2 and making a profit for the slate, even with quite a few clunkers in there.

Hate paying up for defense, but not sure I won’t be able to resist NE after watching what the Giants D did to Washington

300 in 277 out

Cash LU of Wilson/McCaff/L4/Moore/MBrown/MJonesJr/Dissly/Ek/LAC went for 140.9 and cashed all

Second Cash LU of LJack/Mack/L4/KA/MBrown/Lock/Engram/Henry/Seat crapped out at 109.18 and didn't cash any

LU in the Sunday Mill min cashed for $15 at 126.4-Wilson/EK/DJ/KA/Lock/MBrown/Engram/L4/Seat

LU in the 200K GPP min cashed for $12 at 128.88- Goff/EK/Kupp/Allen/Fitz/Walker/MBrown/LAC

LU in the 160K min cashed with 138.3- Wilson/EK/Harmon/MBrown/Cooks/Dissly/McCaff/LAC

LU in the 40K single entry min cashed with127.3- Mahomes/Kjohn/Mcoy/DRobinson/Golloday/MBrown/Kelce/Gallman Jr/LAC

Went heavy on 4 players, L4/EK/LAC/MBrown, hit 2.5 of them with LAC not a hit or a miss and MBrown as a miss, he has a good day and so do I, oh well, on to next week
@Megla - is this something you do every week - play multiple cash LUs?   What is your strategy with that, and what types of stuff do you put it in - ie do you do 5mans, small gpp, or just 50-50s/2xs with them?

jdoggydogg said:
@jdoggydogg - what were a couple of gpp LUs that you had over the weekend?   I've just been thinking about this post and the pod I mentioned a bit.  I am trying to get better at all of this, especially gpps, so was curious what you came up with.  

Like I posted in the DK thread, the 4for4 podcast had a good section at the end of last week talking about gpp construction, and they said what you noticed - a lot of times it's chalk, with a couple pivots for low ownership.  Also they said that it's better to take the low ownership shots at more volatile positions like DT, TE, and WR.   Over the course of time taking 7 super low owned guys is probably not the way to go.  

Here's one that hit and was a play on my cash RB core:

Stafford - McC/Ekeler/Fournette - Golladay/M.jones/Kirk - Kelce - Clev

After looking at ownership, I thought Stafford was way too low owned if they had to come back from a big KC lead like people expected, and if he had to sling it, having Marvin in there too would add another lower owned guy.  Stafford was 4%, Marvin 6.5%.    Cleveland D has been scoring and was only .5% owned.  I take a lot of weird shots on DT, figured if Lamar did Lamar things and a fluke def TD happened...   Now this didn't smash or anything, just talking out loud about something I tried this weekend after looking at ownership and listening to that pod.  This one scored 163.24.  

One that stunk was:

L.Jackson - Mack/K.Johnson/D.Johnson - OBJ/M.Brown/K.Allen - D.Walker - Carolina

I did 3 with that Jackson/Brown/OBJ core. OBJ was under 10%.    D.Walker was my low % pivot.    He was 4th on my list for target share/air yds/RZ targets and the lowest projected owned, so I tried him a couple times.   Again, low % DT - Watson gets sacked a bit, and Car has been producing.  This only got 92 since there were 5 single digit performances in here.  

@Megla - is this something you do every week - play multiple cash LUs?   What is your strategy with that, and what types of stuff do you put it in - ie do you do 5mans, small gpp, or just 50-50s/2xs with them?
Yes, 2 cash LUs or even 3 if I want to put more than 20% of my bankroll at risk but I only do 3 if I feel really good about them.

I usually go 60-40 Cash to GPP

For Cash I usually go with 20-25 entries in the $2 big double up, 10 $2 100 player 50/50s, 2 $5 100 player 50/50s and a few $5 H2Hs for each LU

For GPPs I play all large GPPs, usually 2 to 4 $9 Sunday Mill, 5-10 $6 dollar 400Ks, 5-10 $4.44 160Ks and a few$2-$10 single entry GPPs

I don't like putting all of my cash eggs into one basket so I have 2 or 3 Cash LUs each week, they will have the same core/anchor players, usually 3 or 4 and then I build each one around those core players.

Also, after 4 weeks I'm moving away from using the optimizer to create LUs, it just doesn't seem to be doing well on its own.  I use IVC to get an idea of what I want, what the 3, MT/DD/SB think of my core and what they suggest filling in around them and once I have those LUs I plug them into the optimizer more to see the ceiling number it gives.  I do this more for my GPP LUs than I do for cash.

@jdoggydogg - what were a couple of gpp LUs that you had over the weekend?   I've just been thinking about this post and the pod I mentioned a bit.  I am trying to get better at all of this, especially gpps, so was curious what you came up with.  

Like I posted in the DK thread, the 4for4 podcast had a good section at the end of last week talking about gpp construction, and they said what you noticed - a lot of times it's chalk, with a couple pivots for low ownership.  Also they said that it's better to take the low ownership shots at more volatile positions like DT, TE, and WR.   Over the course of time taking 7 super low owned guys is probably not the way to go.  

Here's one that hit and was a play on my cash RB core:

Stafford - McC/Ekeler/Fournette - Golladay/M.jones/Kirk - Kelce - Clev

After looking at ownership, I thought Stafford was way too low owned if they had to come back from a big KC lead like people expected, and if he had to sling it, having Marvin in there too would add another lower owned guy.  Stafford was 4%, Marvin 6.5%.    Cleveland D has been scoring and was only .5% owned.  I take a lot of weird shots on DT, figured if Lamar did Lamar things and a fluke def TD happened...   Now this didn't smash or anything, just talking out loud about something I tried this weekend after looking at ownership and listening to that pod.  This one scored 163.24.  

One that stunk was:

L.Jackson - Mack/K.Johnson/D.Johnson - OBJ/M.Brown/K.Allen - D.Walker - Carolina

I did 3 with that Jackson/Brown/OBJ core. OBJ was under 10%.    D.Walker was my low % pivot.    He was 4th on my list for target share/air yds/RZ targets and the lowest projected owned, so I tried him a couple times.   Again, low % DT - Watson gets sacked a bit, and Car has been producing.  This only got 92 since there were 5 single digit performances in here.  
I like to do something similar, have a core from my cash and use it to build GPPs, I like to have a QB/WR stack with that core and I try to do the same as you and get a low owned TE, WR or DEF.  I also like taking the core/stack and plugging it into the optimizer locking those 5 to 6 players in and then take a look at what the optimizer fills in and as I said earlier I like to look at the charts and the ceiling projections from those LU constructions.

I also like to take about 20% of my GPP LUs and just wing it, trust my instincts and trust what I've heard/read throughout the week.  These are usually the LUs that do very well or they do very bad, LOL.  I have finished top 20 in 3 $5 large GPPs over the last several years and have won $2500 twice in smaller GPPs doing this

Also, I don't think i ever move away from playing a rb in the flex on FD.   Pretty sure the stat is some like all but one of the top lineups last year had rb in the flex, and it makes too much sense with the volume and RZ carries.  

Also, I don't think i ever move away from playing a rb in the flex on FD.   Pretty sure the stat is some like all but one of the top lineups last year had rb in the flex, and it makes too much sense with the volume and RZ carries.  
I put a WR there from time to time but for the most part yes I use RB as well.

Thing with using a WR is that you can get a 5500-6000 player that may hit 4X or 5X and it leaves enough money to get 2 top tier RBs in the LU.  I use this in large GPPs where you need the low % owned to get into the real money.

I don't like putting all of my cash eggs into one basket so I have 2 or 3 Cash LUs each week, they will have the same core/anchor players, usually 3 or 4 and then I build each one around those core players.
Interesting.  I've moved the opposite direction.  I used to play a couple of LUs when I first started.  Now I force myself to settle on a single LU...do or die.  My bankroll didn't seem to nearly move as much with multiple LUs.  I guess that is good if you want to avoid a big losing week.

$30 in (15- $2 50/50s) - $54 out this week.

Users who are viewing this thread