What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 DFS idea (1 Viewer)

Steeler

Footballguy
Play Mahomes with two of his WRs (all are pretty cheap) and run back with any WR from JAX (most of them are cheap, too). This probably works best if you are playing multiple DFS entries in large field tournaments. This gives you exposure to Mahomes relatively cheaply and if the game becomes a shootout you have many options for success.

If Kelce plays it probably changes the equation a bit, but I'll probably just add some lineups with Kelce if he is available. This increases the cost to have access to Mahomes, but still probably worth doing it.

I'll probably max out the $0.05 tourney on FD this week and use this strategy for ~80% of the lineups at least.

Thoughts?

Play Mahomes with two of his WRs (all are pretty cheap) and run back with any WR from JAX (most of them are cheap, too). This probably works best if you are playing multiple DFS entries in large field tournaments. This gives you exposure to Mahomes relatively cheaply and if the game becomes a shootout you have many options for success.

If Kelce plays it probably changes the equation a bit, but I'll probably just add some lineups with Kelce if he is available. This increases the cost to have access to Mahomes, but still probably worth doing it.

I'll probably max out the $0.05 tourney on FD this week and use this strategy for ~80% of the lineups at least.

Thoughts?
I'd rather build around Lawrence-Ridley with Kelce as the bring back, if you can afford it. If you can't afford Kelce, run it back with Rice.

I think the problem with going with two cheap KC WRs is that you are almost guaranteed one of them will put up a dud. Mahomes tends to spread it out (aside from Kelce) and it's hard to determine which WR will be the guy this week.

This week he has: Mahomes, Z. Moss, Diggs, LaPorta

I usually never pay up for QB as it always bites me so I may look at Herbert or Burrow and take the extra and not have to go three bargain RB's or get a mid tier WR to match with Diggs instead of two cheaper guys. Need to wait until all tomorrows news and the Sunday morning updates. My place holder I have in my double ups is:

Mahomes
Z.Moss
Pierce
Diggs
Dotson
Toney
R. White
LaPorta
Cowboys

Anyone you want to encourage me to pull?

Patrick MahomesJames CookJahmyr GibbsCalvin RidleyRashee RiceZay FlowersTravis KelceRomeo DoubsCincinnati Bengals
Jared GoffJahmyr GibbsJames CookChris GodwinKeenan AllenAmon-Ra St. BrownDarren WallerJosh JacobsWashington Commanders
Josh AllenJames CookDavid MontgomeryChris GodwinDavante AdamsStefon DiggsZach ErtzJosh JacobsHouston Texans
Baker MayfieldDameon PierceJames CookChris GodwinMike EvansBrandon AiyukMark AndrewsJavonte WilliamsDenver Broncos
Brock PurdyJames CookChristian McCaffreyRashee RiceNico CollinsChris GodwinSam LaPortaBrandon AiyukBuffalo Bills
Josh AllenJerick McKinnonJahmyr GibbsCalvin RidleyPuka NacuaDavante AdamsDalton KincaidStefon DiggsDallas Cowboys
Jared GoffJames CookDerrick HenryCalvin RidleyAmon-Ra St. BrownNico CollinsCade OttonJahmyr GibbsTampa Bay Buccaneers
Anthony RichardsonJahmyr GibbsJames CookPuka NacuaMichael Pittman Jr.Stefon DiggsDalton SchultzChristian McCaffreyDenver Broncos
Lamar JacksonJahmyr GibbsChristian McCaffreyZay FlowersTee HigginsStefon DiggsZach ErtzDarren WallerDetroit Lions
Trevor LawrenceJahmyr GibbsJames ConnerJahan DotsonCalvin RidleyAmon-Ra St. BrownEvan EngramJosh JacobsAtlanta Falcons
Justin HerbertJahmyr GibbsGus EdwardsMike WilliamsChris GodwinKeenan AllenGerald EverettChristian McCaffreyDetroit Lions
Trevor LawrenceJahmyr GibbsJames CookZay JonesPuka NacuaMike EvansTravis KelceBijan RobinsonWashington Commanders
Trevor LawrenceJahmyr GibbsJames CookTutu AtwellCalvin RidleyAmon-Ra St. BrownGeorge KittleJavonte WilliamsBuffalo Bills
Lamar JacksonDameon PierceJames CookPuka NacuaZay FlowersAmon-Ra St. BrownIrv Smith Jr.Christian McCaffreyBuffalo Bills
Matthew StaffordJames CookJames ConnerPuka NacuaDavante AdamsStefon DiggsTyler HigbeeChristian McCaffreyTampa Bay Buccaneers
Brock PurdyDameon PierceJahmyr GibbsBrandon AiyukDavante AdamsMike EvansGeorge KittleBijan RobinsonDenver Broncos
Jared GoffJames ConnerJames CookTyler LockettMike WilliamsAmon-Ra St. BrownSam LaPortaCalvin RidleyAtlanta Falcons
Brock PurdyJahmyr GibbsDavid MontgomeryDeebo SamuelBrandon AiyukKeenan AllenTyler HigbeeDerrick HenryDallas Cowboys
Joe BurrowDameon PierceJosh JacobsZay FlowersTee HigginsMike WilliamsTravis KelceGeorge KittleTampa Bay Buccaneers
Josh AllenJosh JacobsChristian McCaffreyHunter RenfrowJaxon Smith-NjigbaAmon-Ra St. BrownDalton KincaidBrian Robinson Jr.New York Jets
Lamar JacksonDameon PierceJahmyr GibbsTreylon BurksZay FlowersMike EvansMark AndrewsJa'Marr ChaseDallas Cowboys

I moved away from this idea (had a few lineups, but not 80%) and instead went heavily with B. Purdy and D. Henry. $52 in $109 out, but could have been even better if these two play worked out better.

I moved away from this idea (had a few lineups, but not 80%) and instead went heavily with B. Purdy and D. Henry. $52 in $109 out, but could have been even better if these two play worked out better.
My Lawrence-Ridley stacks doo dooed the bed. On to next week...

Symmetry noted...for me it was $111 in and $55 out...almost a "perfect" 50% loss. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread