What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 FanDuel - Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Scoresman

Footballguy
Week 2 salaries are up, Some initial observations.

Taylor - $6,300 - at home again, this time vs. NE. Could be another week of value here although not as much as this week.
Bradford - $7,500 - will be incredibly high owned if he goes off tonight.
Mariota - $7,400 - playing Cleveland.

Gronk - $8,300 - seems to be a must roster at this price.

James Jones - $5,400 - The Davante Adams of Week 2?

Marshawn looks like a good matchup too.

I said it before yesterdays games, and Im more certain now watching Luck flounder, but I want no part of Gronkowski this week. The guys Im looking at right now (for cash) are:

Roethlisberger, Ben: 8400
Palmer, Carson: 7800
Bradford, Sam: 7500
Bridgewater, Teddy: 7000
Dalton, Andy: 6900
Ingram, Mark: 8000
Miller, Lamar: 7300
Ivory, Chris: 6900
Jennings, Rashad: 6400
Brown, Antonio: 9200 (This is the must play)
Cooks, Brandin: 7400
Matthews, Jordan: 7000
Brown, John: 6200
Randle, Reuben: 5400
Johnson, Charles: 5400
Bennett, Martelius: 6100
Eifert, Tyler: 5900
Miller, Heath: 5400
Allen, Dwayne: 5200

Some will depend on what happens tonight, but it looks like I'm in pretty good shape to clear about 130-150% of what I invested in week 1. As I suspected, the flawed valuations on my speculative plays like Abdullah, Stevie, and Eifert really worked in my favor and gave my teams a huge boost in week 1. Now with the cat (somewhat) out of the bag on my (and other) sleeper picks, I think it will be harder to win that way. That's why I wanted to splurge big in week one, when I felt my edge was biggest. Now I'm probably going to cash out my original buy-ins and then just nit it up with my winnings for the rest of the season.

Looking ahead, it's going to be tougher. 50/50s are a different beast compared with the big tourneys, but I'm definitely going to consider flowing against the market in certain situations. The Jones/Adams thing is a great example. Jones was the hot hand last week, but it was mainly down to red zone looks. Adams was a monster there in college and still seems like the much better weekly play to me. If their prices are similar, I would roll with Adams. In general, I'm going to look hard at some of the bounce-back week 1 duds. It's difficult for me to believe that the likes of Calvin, Luck, and Watkins will not have their fair share of huge games.

Buffalo very good against opposing TE. Gronk would need 16.6 points to earn salary. What kind of line does he put up here? 5rec 75 yards 1TD? There's a ton of upside in rostering Gronk who can go off at any time but at $8300, you're paying for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just taking a second look through the prices a few more names stood out

Woodhead, Danny 6400
Robinson, Khiry 4900 (If Spiller is out this seems like an auto play like Stevie Johnson last week)
Williams, Terrance 6300
Coleman, Brandon: 5000

And Marshawn Lynch dose seem like the safe big money running back play this week. What really stuck out to me was how few big money plays I have initial interest in. Alot of bad matchups, or red flag performances game 1 that have me looking for a safe play somewhere else.

Some will depend on what happens tonight, but it looks like I'm in pretty good shape to clear about 130-150% of what I invested in week 1. As I suspected, the flawed valuations on my speculative plays like Abdullah, Stevie, and Eifert really worked in my favor and gave my teams a huge boost in week 1. Now with the cat (somewhat) out of the bag on my (and other) sleeper picks, I think it will be harder to win that way. That's why I wanted to splurge big in week one, when I felt my edge was biggest. Now I'm probably going to cash out my original buy-ins and then just nit it up with my winnings for the rest of the season.

Looking ahead, it's going to be tougher. 50/50s are a different beast compared with the big tourneys, but I'm definitely going to consider flowing against the market in certain situations. The Jones/Adams thing is a great example. Jones was the hot hand last week, but it was mainly down to red zone looks. Adams was a monster there in college and still seems like the much better weekly play to me. If their prices are similar, I would roll with Adams. In general, I'm going to look hard at some of the bounce-back week 1 duds. It's difficult for me to believe that the likes of Calvin, Luck, and Watkins will not have their fair share of huge games.
this was only my third week playing DFS.

but so far to me it seems like its really important to buy when everyone is yelling Sell Sell Sell!!!

Its the only way to get ahead.

Is it any different than the stock market? Guppies sell in a panic and big money comes in and buys everything up...and during a bull market they sell and wait for the dip again.

Yea there will be weeks where your wrong and lose...but thats part of the game.

I think you have to play Gronk, he will be highly owned so even he is duds you can still cash. Look at Olsen, any TE could bust. Though it is interesting with guys like Eifert who looks like he could have a great year. We will see what others think.

My lesson: Avoid tough Run defenses and offenses that you are not fully sure will use their RB throughout the game. I probably won't play Lamar this week and I think he will be low owned after his week 1.

Anyone seen breakdowns on teams with long weeks or teams with semi-short weeks? SF v Pitt is an interesting matchup to me. SF has to travel on a short week (played Monday) while Pitt gets home field and got a long week (played Thurs).

this was only my third week playing DFS.

but so far to me it seems like its really important to buy when everyone is yelling Sell Sell Sell!!!

Its the only way to get ahead.

Is it any different than the stock market? Guppies sell in a panic and big money comes in and buys everything up...and during a bull market they sell and wait for the dip again.

Yea there will be weeks where your wrong and lose...but thats part of the game.
You probably did well because you picked good players with good matchups and found value where others didn't. It's fine to pick a lesser owned player when all else is equal, but don't look to be contrarian just for the sake of doing it. I think that's a recipe for consistent losing, especially for the casual player.

Taking an early look:

QB: Tyrod Taylor vs. NE looks like a nice matchup as does Palmer at Chicago

RB: Ivory, Forsett & Ingram all have nice matchups

WR: Its going to be hard not to form my lineups around Brown & Julio. Coleman (NO), Stevie Johnson & Charles Johnson all seem like solid value

TE: Reed is still a very affordable $5,000

Woodhead, Danny 6400

Robinson, Khiry 4900 (If Spiller is out this seems like an auto play like Stevie Johnson last week)

Williams, Terrance 6300

And Marshawn Lynch dose seem like the safe big money running back play this week. What really stuck out to me was how few big money plays I have initial interest in. Alot of bad matchups, or red flag performances game 1 that have me looking for a safe play somewhere else.
What about Sproles at $5,600?

Yeah, Ill probably have some exposure in GPPs, but my concern with PHI right now is that its going to be really hard to predict how many snaps each guy is getting any given week.

And Charles Johnson is definitely off my cash game consideration plays this week too.

It will certainly be interesting to see which staffers zig and which zag in regards to Gronk @ BUF.

Haven't seen Witten mentioned yet. I think he will be in my group of deployed TEs.

Scoresman said:
NixonMask said:

Woodhead, Danny 6400

Williams, Terrance 6300

What about Sproles at $5,600?
nahwave

It will certainly be interesting to see which staffers zig and which zag in regards to Gronk @ BUF.

Haven't seen Witten mentioned yet. I think he will be in my group of deployed TEs.
I think the Dallas WR/TE situation will be very interesting. Feels like there's a ton of value there. Just gotta figure out who to grab.

Starting my weekly analysis, going by the consensus Vegas spreads, I have the following as the highest scoring teams for week 2:

PHI 30.75 (Home)

NO 28.75 (Home)

IND 27 (Home)

NYG 26.5 (Home)

GB 26 (Home)

PIT 25 (Home)

DAL 24.75 (Away)

BAL 24.5 (Away)

ATL 24.5 (Away)

CIN 24.5 (Home)

I highlighted the top 6, who all happen to be playing at home. Note: I wouldn't be surprised to see ATL@NYG move to even.

At this stage, there is no further analysis, just that vegas expects more points from these teams as a whole.

Taking off this week due to some traveling, and will be back strong for Week 3. Good luck to everyone!

By the way, I collected some of my own data and some posted in the Week 1 thread for a break down of the Multi-Entry vs. Single-Entry Doubles, Triples and Quintuples. Short answer: Go for Multi-Entry Doubles, but Single Entry Triples and Quintuples;

http://www.football401k.com/fanduel-week-1-results/

I collected a small bit of data from the Week 1 games, and it offers small but important edge when deciding between the Multi-Entry “BIG” Double Ups, Triple Ups, and Quintuple Ups vs. the Single-Entry regular Doubles, Triples, and Quintuples.
  • $2 BIG Double Up, score required to cash = 110.12.
  • $2 Single Entry Doubles, scores required to cash = 111.86,116.92, 119.0, 120.04, 119.8, 117.22 = Average of 117.
Takeaway – The Big Double Ups with Multiple Entries are easier than the Single Entry Double Ups at the same $ buy-in. Favor the Multi-Entry BIG Double Up rather than smaller Double Up games.

However, the opposite appears to be true for the Triple and Quintuples (or perhaps there’s not a clear conclusion yet):

• $2 BIG Triple Up, score required to cash = 122.44
  • $2 Single-Entry Triple Ups, scores required to cash = 123.5, 120.74, 115.26, 122.66 = Average of 120.54.
  • $2 BIG Quintuple Up, score required to cash = 128.4
  • $2 Single-Entry Quintuple Ups, scores required to cash = 127.44, 127.34 = Average of 127.39.
Takeaway – The Big Triple Ups and Big Quintuple Ups appear to be slightly more difficult than their Single-Entry counterparts, although the sample size is not very large (4 Triples and 2 Quintuples for the averages). Thus, favor the single-entry Triple Ups and Quintuple Ups rather than the BIG Multi-Entry Triple and Quintuple games.

I think the Dallas WR/TE situation will be very interesting. Feels like there's a ton of value there. Just gotta figure out who to grab.
Some of the guys on the Eagles forum are concerned with Cole Beasley, who might be an interesting play in full PPR formats.

Taking off this week due to some traveling, and will be back strong for Week 3. Good luck to everyone!

By the way, I collected some of my own data and some posted in the Week 1 thread for a break down of the Multi-Entry vs. Single-Entry Doubles, Triples and Quintuples. Short answer: Go for Multi-Entry Doubles, but Single Entry Triples and Quintuples;

I collected a small bit of data from the Week 1 games, and it offers small but important edge when deciding between the Multi-Entry “BIG” Double Ups, Triple Ups, and Quintuple Ups vs. the Single-Entry regular Doubles, Triples, and Quintuples.
  • $2 Single Entry Doubles, scores required to cash = 111.86,116.92, 119.0, 120.04, 119.8, 117.22 = Average of 117.
Takeaway – The Big Double Ups with Multiple Entries are easier than the Single Entry Double Ups at the same $ buy-in. Favor the Multi-Entry BIG Double Up rather than smaller Double Up games.

However, the opposite appears to be true for the Triple and Quintuples (or perhaps there’s not a clear conclusion yet):

• $2 Single-Entry Triple Ups, scores required to cash = 123.5, 120.74, 115.26, 122.66 = Average of 120.54.
  • $2 Single-Entry Quintuple Ups, scores required to cash = 127.44, 127.34 = Average of 127.39.
Takeaway – The Big Triple Ups and Big Quintuple Ups appear to be slightly more difficult than their Single-Entry counterparts, although the sample size is not very large (4 Triples and 2 Quintuples for the averages). Thus, favor the single-entry Triple Ups and Quintuple Ups rather than the BIG Multi-Entry Triple and Quintuple games.
Is there any reason to think the reason for the lower cut off in the multi entry is the unusually poor results of so many top plays? Im thinking an explanation might be the sharks spamming OBJ and Bryant lineups, or Adams and Lacy lineups.

Anyone have data from previous years on these contests?

Is there any reason to think the reason for the lower cut off in the multi entry is the unusually poor results of so many top plays? Im thinking an explanation might be the sharks spamming OBJ and Bryant lineups, or Adams and Lacy lineups.

Anyone have data from previous years on these contests?
The Multi-Entry Double being easier than various Single Entry Doubles is consistent with data from last year. Not sure as to the reason why, could be that there are more sub-optimal lineups in the Multi-Entry. In any case, it's been a pattern from 2014 NFL and 2015 NBA.

Haven't seen data on the Triples and Quintuples.

Starting my weekly analysis, going by the consensus Vegas spreads, I have the following as the highest scoring teams for week 2:

PHI 30.75 (Home)

NO 28.75 (Home)

IND 27 (Home)

NYG 26.5 (Home)

GB 26 (Home)

PIT 25 (Home)

DAL 24.75 (Away)

BAL 24.5 (Away)

ATL 24.5 (Away)

CIN 24.5 (Home)

I highlighted the top 6, who all happen to be playing at home. Note: I wouldn't be surprised to see ATL@NYG move to even.

At this stage, there is no further analysis, just that vegas expects more points from these teams as a whole.
For all newbies, this is good stuff, and precisely where you should start your analysis every week. The best players/values won't all necessarily be on these teams, but you can bet at least some of them will.

Some of the guys on the Eagles forum are concerned with Cole Beasley, who might be an interesting play in full PPR formats.
I like Beasley even w/ Dez in any ppc format. I have him in a couple "standard" leagues and in the FBG contest.

I collected a small bit of data from the Week 1 games, and it offers small but important edge when deciding between the Multi-Entry BIG Double Ups, Triple Ups, and Quintuple Ups vs. the Single-Entry regular Doubles, Triples, and Quintuples.

Takeaway The Big Double Ups with Multiple Entries are easier than the Single Entry Double Ups at the same $ buy-in. Favor the Multi-Entry BIG Double Up rather than smaller Double Up games.

However, the opposite appears to be true for the Triple and Quintuples (or perhaps theres not a clear conclusion yet):

Takeaway The Big Triple Ups and Big Quintuple Ups appear to be slightly more difficult than their Single-Entry counterparts, although the sample size is not very large (4 Triples and 2 Quintuples for the averages). Thus, favor the single-entry Triple Ups and Quintuple Ups rather than the BIG Multi-Entry Triple and Quintuple games.
Is there any reason to think the reason for the lower cut off in the multi entry is the unusually poor results of so many top plays? Im thinking an explanation might be the sharks spamming OBJ and Bryant lineups, or Adams and Lacy lineups.Anyone have data from previous years on these contests?
The Multi-Entry Double being easier than various Single Entry Doubles is consistent with data from last year. Not sure as to the reason why, could be that there are more sub-optimal lineups in the Multi-Entry. In any case, it's been a pattern from 2014 NFL and 2015 NBA.

Haven't seen data on the Triples and Quintuples.
I wonder if the big multi-plays smooth out some of the variance compared to the single plays?

PHI 30.75 (Home)

NO 28.75 (Home)

IND 27 (Home)

NYG 26.5 (Home)

GB 26 (Home)

PIT 25 (Home)

DAL 24.75 (Away)

BAL 24.5 (Away)

ATL 24.5 (Away)

CIN 24.5 (Home)

For all newbies, this is good stuff, and precisely where you should start your analysis every week. The best players/values won't all necessarily be on these teams, but you can bet at least some of them will.
This is exactly what I start with looking at all the vegas lines and projected scores for all teams. Then use this information to help make projections for players.

Has anyone looked at a pattern between multi entry GPP vs single entry GPP at the $1 and $2 price points? I always like the single, because as mentioned above, I don't want to go against a bunch of pro-spam lineups.

My first cash game shot for this week, without a whole lot of data looked at yet. I know this will change because there's no way I'm going with two redskins.

It's beginning to look like I'll be rolling 2 cash lineups again. 1 with Gronk, and 1 without.

QB Andrew Luck 8900
RB Darren Sproles 5600
RB Eddie Lacy 8100
WR Antonio Brown 9200
WR Julio Jones 8800
WR Pierre Garcon 5400
TE Jordan Reed 5000
K Zach Hocker 4500
D New Orleans Saints 4500

Total: 60000

Has anyone looked at a pattern between multi entry GPP vs single entry GPP at the $1 and $2 price points? I always like the single, because as mentioned above, I don't want to go against a bunch of pro-spam lineups.
My opinion on all single play vs multi-play contests at the $1-$5 range is that pros have very little to nothing to do with it on FD. Those guys want/need 5 figures in play to make real money. You just can't get there playing $1, $2, and $5 contests with the 1000 contest cap.

To get a valid statistical assessment you really need dozens of contests of each comparison type every week.

During NBA season, the $1 and $2 single entries were easier than the $1 and $2 multi Entries for GPPs.

From Week 1:

$1 Dive (multi) = 124.9

$1 Squib (single) = 120

With Anderson being a little banged up, and Hillman more effective last week, I'm liking Hillman as a GPP play.

I also like Percy Harvin since the Bills should have to score some points this week.

Just did a quick first run for 50/50 types

Bradford 7500

Ingram 8000

Sproles 5600

A Brown 9200

J Jones 8800

J Matthews 7000

ASJ - 4500

Gano/Scobee 4600

Carolina D - 4700

I just can't see myself not having AB or Jones in 50/50's. I thought Bradford and Matthews looked good together and they are heading back home. Sproles is priced right for the chance to get touches in that offense. Ingram had a nice week and especially if Spiller is out again he should have a nice game against the Bucs. Jenkins got targets and the NO defense isn't exactly great so for 4500 he could earn on that. Carolina is playing the disaster of an offense that currently is Houston at home. Really early though, just playing around still.

Bradford 7500

Ingram 8000

Sproles 5600

A Brown 9200

J Jones 8800

J Matthews 7000

ASJ - 4500

Gano/Scobee 4600

Carolina D - 4700

I just can't see myself not having AB or Jones in 50/50's. I thought Bradford and Matthews looked good together and they are heading back home. Sproles is priced right for the chance to get touches in that offense. Ingram had a nice week and especially if Spiller is out again he should have a nice game against the Bucs. Jenkins got targets and the NO defense isn't exactly great so for 4500 he could earn on that. Carolina is playing the disaster of an offense that currently is Houston at home. Really early though, just playing around still.
I like Carolina too but am waiting to see if Kuechly is returning.

I'm hoping lots of people jump on the Carlos Hyde bandwagon. The game script for SF-Pit has a week 2 letdown written all over him.

Bradford 7500

Ingram 8000

Sproles 5600

A Brown 9200

J Jones 8800

J Matthews 7000

ASJ - 4500

Gano/Scobee 4600

Carolina D - 4700

This is pretty solid but not sold on ASJ. I am not sure if I will go with Ingram. If Spiller plays he could end up being a great value at like 6100 and he would cut into Ingram's work a bit. Though Ingram projects to do well if NO does lead for most of the game.

I like Brown and Julio as anchors but I am not sure if I would pay up for two elite WRs right now. Great if you can fit those two with Matthews.

I'm hoping lots of people jump on the Carlos Hyde bandwagon. The game script for SF-Pit has a week 2 letdown written all over him.
except the Pitt D is terrible.
Vegas has Pit favored by almost a TD. Also a short week for SF. The game script seems to suggest SF trailing and not running much as a result.
Maybe Pittsburg covers the spread but I don't see this game being a blowout where they abandon the run in the 2nd half.

Bradford 7500

Ingram 8000

Sproles 5600

A Brown 9200

J Jones 8800

J Matthews 7000

ASJ - 4500

Gano/Scobee 4600

Carolina D - 4700

This is pretty solid but not sold on ASJ. I am not sure if I will go with Ingram. If Spiller plays he could end up being a great value at like 6100 and he would cut into Ingram's work a bit. Though Ingram projects to do well if NO does lead for most of the game.

I like Brown and Julio as anchors but I am not sure if I would pay up for two elite WRs right now. Great if you can fit those two with Matthews.
Yeah if Spiller looks to be a go I might need to move off Ingram and shuffle some money around. If I were to go cheaper at that RB slot I could upgrade on ASJ. I think in 50/50 I want to own Julio and AB if I can make it work. Bradford is still cheap and likely in another game with a lot of scoring, he should get a TD eventually. Ertz is still cheap and maybe an option to go with Bradford since he played 70% of the snaps this past week.

Lots of time between now and then, I just wanted to get something down so I can start getting a better idea of who I like.

Bradford 7500

Ingram 8000

Sproles 5600

A Brown 9200

J Jones 8800

J Matthews 7000

ASJ - 4500

Gano/Scobee 4600

Carolina D - 4700

This is pretty solid but not sold on ASJ. I am not sure if I will go with Ingram. If Spiller plays he could end up being a great value at like 6100 and he would cut into Ingram's work a bit. Though Ingram projects to do well if NO does lead for most of the game.I like Brown and Julio as anchors but I am not sure if I would pay up for two elite WRs right now. Great if you can fit those two with Matthews.
Yeah if Spiller looks to be a go I might need to move off Ingram and shuffle some money around. If I were to go cheaper at that RB slot I could upgrade on ASJ. I think in 50/50 I want to own Julio and AB if I can make it work. Bradford is still cheap and likely in another game with a lot of scoring, he should get a TD eventually. Ertz is still cheap and maybe an option to go with Bradford since he played 70% of the snaps this past week.

Lots of time between now and then, I just wanted to get something down so I can start getting a better idea of who I like.
Tough to go with Bradford, Matthews, and Ertz in the same cash lineup tho. I really like Matthews at $7000 irrespective of matchup.

Bradford 7500

Ingram 8000

Sproles 5600

A Brown 9200

J Jones 8800

J Matthews 7000

ASJ - 4500

Gano/Scobee 4600

Carolina D - 4700

This is pretty solid but not sold on ASJ. I am not sure if I will go with Ingram. If Spiller plays he could end up being a great value at like 6100 and he would cut into Ingram's work a bit. Though Ingram projects to do well if NO does lead for most of the game.I like Brown and Julio as anchors but I am not sure if I would pay up for two elite WRs right now. Great if you can fit those two with Matthews.

Tough to go with Bradford, Matthews, and Ertz in the same cash lineup tho. I really like Matthews at $7000 irrespective of matchup.
Agreed, probably can't use all 3 and I do like Matthews a lot. His volume level in that offense looks very valuable. I'll probably stick with Bradford/Matthews and look elsewhere for TE. I have also played around with Winston again, he is cheap and in a game that they will have to throw. Even looking bad last week he got garbage points and IF Evans is back he could be a nice play if you want to go cheap at QB.

I wouldn't play Winston in cash. It is too risky to use a rookie QB who could dud in your weekly cash lineup.

I think ASJ is fine if you get to overload your roster. That is a cheap filer and even if he get like 4-5 pts it won't be that bad. I remember Evan Silva said a strategy was to use a cheap WR in order to get better players on the rest of your roster.

I wouldn't play Winston in cash. It is too risky to use a rookie QB who could dud in your weekly cash lineup.

I think ASJ is fine if you get to overload your roster. That is a cheap filer and even if he get like 4-5 pts it won't be that bad. I remember Evan Silva said a strategy was to use a cheap WR in order to get better players on the rest of your roster.
Yeah I sort of did that cheap WR thing in the Monday night only games. I did a $5 50/50 and used Hankerson as a sort of throw away so I could use Julio and Matthews. You are probably right on Winston, maybe I'll put him on a $1 large tournament or something. Bradford at 7500 should have a pretty safe floor in that offense.

May go back to the Doug Martin well again this week even though he didn't help me much last week. Not sold that the Saints are a good team, or that TB is quite as bad as they looked in week one. Either way, Doug is one of the few true every down backs and he's cheap, so it's not a big risk.

IMO the value play of the week is the Palmer/Fitz combo. Both guys have been solid together dating back to early last season and both guys are fairly cheap, allowing you to bolster in other more critical spots.

At TE, the price split between Eifert/Olsen is a lot narrower than on DK, where Eifert is down in Jordan Cameron territory. Those are three TEs who I like. Also Jimmy Graham where budget permits. I don't have a strong preference among that quartet. Just picked whoever fit into the team with the money I had left over after spending everywhere else. I do think Eifert is going to get steady targets every week, but the gambler's fallacy part of me is skeptical that he can put together two consecutive monster weeks.

What do you guys think of a stud heavy lineup like this in a 50/50?

The only question marks IMO are DHB and ASJ, but both have such low salary with decent usage i think it works. DHB and AB are both on Pittsburgh so I could find some other WR at 4700 or less I guess.

Andrew Luck
Matt Forte
Darren Sproles
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Zach Hocker
St. Louis Rams

Users who are viewing this thread