What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 6 (1 Viewer)

Thoughts on Sunday main lineup...

Bradford

D Lewis

A Foster

D Hopkins

B Marshall

M Wilson

Z Ertz

R Gould

Broncos

Getting too cute? I can drop down from Marshall to Decker and upgrade Wilson to Fitz

Am I the only one not feeling the Eric Decker love this week? It's the game with the lowest Vegas total and the Jets are favored by 5.5. Both teams also play at a very slow pace.That doesn't scream opportunity. I'm looking at a guy like Marquess Wilson who probably has a similar floor but higher ceiling pending some injuries. He's also way cheaper.

Am I the only one not feeling the Eric Decker love this week? It's the game with the lowest Vegas total and the Jets are favored by 5.5. Both teams also play at a very slow pace.That doesn't scream opportunity. I'm looking at a guy like Marquess Wilson who probably has a similar floor but higher ceiling pending some injuries. He's also way cheaper.
Even though I'm using him in my cash lineup tonight, it's purely a percentage play. I agree with you. He really doesn't seem appealing to me from a projection standpoint.

I think i am gonna pass on the thursday slate. Gonna just focus on Sunday so i dont get side tracked and crazy with to many line ups. I still have skin in the game with mnf-tnf games in play.

with Dion Lewis' abdomen injury, gonna throw Blount into a GPP. Probably not too bad of an injury for Lewis but what the heck

I got burned a few weeks ago rostering a questionable Marshawn in Thursday games. That was the last time anyone questionable for Sunday made it onto my Thursday slates. I'm dropping Lewis for now and will be on him big time for my Sunday games if it turns out to be nothing.

Bradford

D Lewis

A Foster

D Hopkins

B Marshall

M Wilson

Z Ertz

R Gould

Broncos

Getting too cute? I can drop down from Marshall to Decker and upgrade Wilson to Fitz
I'd say... at least 3 iffy players there in Bradford, Wilson and Ertz. I like the ALT much more.

I got burned a few weeks ago rostering a questionable Marshawn in Thursday games. That was the last time anyone questionable for Sunday made it onto my Thursday slates. I'm dropping Lewis for now and will be on him big time for my Sunday games if it turns out to be nothing.
Who did you pivot to? Up to Lacy, down to Blount or Woodhead?

Haven't posted much this yr due to time constraints and really just not feeling good about my plays (while breaking even mostly).

Fwiw my Thurs plays:

Bradford, Kaep, Brady

Freeman (all), Woodhead, Blount, Forte

Snead, Edelmen, Matthews, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Hopkins, Maclin

Gates (all)

Gostkowski, Bryant

Denver, Seattle

Bradford

D Lewis

A Foster

D Hopkins

B Marshall

M Wilson

Z Ertz

R Gould

Broncos

I'd say... at least 3 iffy players there in Bradford, Wilson and Ertz. I like the ALT much more.
Thanks for the feedback. The line on the game is 44.5, with Philly giving 4.5 points. NYG decent vs run, so I thought Bradford would be the play- they gotta score points somehow.. Also NYG not stellar vs TE

I am too exposed to Decker, but I feel most are too. I need to go through and take him out of half my LU's. I think he is in everyone...Could be bad.

Current thursday FD lineup

Fitz--Not sure if him or Hoyer..have Fitz in

Foster

Freeman

Fitz

Edelman

Snead--going back and forth with him and decker..Feel Im too exposed to decker though so took him out.

Gates

Gould

Broncos

I really wanted to use Lewis in these Cash games, but I don't want to get burned and I do want to play tonight. Anyway, I won't risk it so I pivoted out and went to Woodhead in one and up to Forte in another with a drop down at WR. Good luck everyone!

I have been struggling more than I usually do coming up with a cash lineup that I feel good about going into Thurs night. I think I finally came up with one that I feel good about:

QB Carson Palmer 8000
RB Devonta Freeman 8000
RB Dion Lewis 7200
WR Willie Snead 6200
WR Julian Edelman 7900
WR Larry Fitzgerald 7500
TE Antonio Gates 5500
K Matt Bryant 4900
D NY Jets 4800

Thoughts?
I have many similar names...swap out WR Snead for M. Wilson, TE Gates for Bennett and K Bryant for Gostkowski.

Well they fixed the Thursday overlays. To the point where you couldn't get any money in late. I'll just have alot less money in this week.

Bradford, Kaep, Blount, Woodhead, Maclin, Boldin, Matthews -- very low (under 10%, some under 5%) ownership in my contests. Forte was only 15%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strongly considering a Kapernick, Smith, Boldin stack for Sunday in a GPP. Boldin and Smith Both former Ravens, Balt just gave up 450 yds passing to Cleveland. Talk me off the ledge.

Also on a ledge. Seriously considering this for cash/survivor:

Manuel

Foster, Forte

Fitz, Edelman, Boldin/Matthews

Gostkowski, Broncs

Used Freeman on 15/15 GPP lineups for Thursday, ya boy.

Sort of did a modified shotgun approach as Maurile last week, threw a 15 lineups at a $1 tourney with a 100 or 250 player league. Freeman is 56% owned!

...also had Snead, 25% owned, in about half...

Do not fade Freeman, glad I had him in everything but two gpp's tonight.

Had Freeman in my only Thurs lineup, off to a good start.

I wasn't buying Snead for tonights game, yeah he was getting targeted a lot but according to PFF, his matchup wasn't optimal.

I did not pull Freeman out of any of my lineups. (definitely would have kept him in cash, thought about pulling him in a couple GPPs). I figured he was a definite loss leader and boy I am glad I left him in.

I took freeman out of only 1 of my thursday LU. I put in ingram instead. He still scored 2 and got me points.. I will work with that.

Bobcat10 said:
Scoresman said:
Who did you pivot to? Up to Lacy, down to Blount or Woodhead?
Eddie Lacy in half and Forte in the other half (with a couple downgrades at WR to fit him in).

Manuel

Foster, Forte

*ETA -- Gates, Gostkowski, Broncs
You sir do not need to be talked off a ledge. You need to be placed on a 48 hour psych hold.
What's not to like? Those RBs could carry a team with no QB!
Personally, I'm a sucker for the cheap QB. If Tyrod Taylor is confirmed to be out, I have a couple of lineups ready to roll that are almost identical to this one. The closest that I can come to this is by using Bridgewater and swapping in Dion Lewis at one of the RB spots. Bridgewater's match-up couldn't be better so he's a decent bet to perform fairly well.

Bridgewater

Foster/Lewis

Fitz/Edelman/Matthews

Gates

Gostkowski

Seattle

I have several lineups built around different QBs, but I keep coming back to this one as feeling the safest. Great match-ups & target hogs all over the board. Kicker from a projected high scoring team & Defense at home against the projected lowest scoring team this week. This will all change if Lewis' abdomen injury turns out to be significant, but you could sub in Lacy pretty easily.

Manuel

Foster, Forte

*ETA -- Gates, Gostkowski, Broncs
You sir do not need to be talked off a ledge. You need to be placed on a 48 hour psych hold.
What's not to like? Those RBs could carry a team with no QB!
Personally, I'm a sucker for the cheap QB. If Tyrod Taylor is confirmed to be out, I have a couple of lineups ready to roll that are almost identical to this one. The closest that I can come to this is by using Bridgewater and swapping in Dion Lewis at one of the RB spots. Bridgewater's match-up couldn't be better so he's a decent bet to perform fairly well.

Bridgewater

Foster/Lewis

Fitz/Edelman/Matthews

Gates

Gostkowski

Seattle

I have several lineups built around different QBs, but I keep coming back to this one as feeling the safest. Great match-ups & target hogs all over the board. Kicker from a projected high scoring team & Defense at home against the projected lowest scoring team this week. This will all change if Lewis' abdomen injury turns out to be significant, but you could sub in Lacy pretty easily.
Also Possible:

EJ

Foster, Forte

Hopkins, Fitz, Decker

Gates, Crosby, Seahawks/Bronc

Haven't posted much this season, but had my best DFS week last week winning a couple GPPs with Mr. Riddick as my punt play in those match-ups, and took out Aiken for Wilson everywhere Sunday morning.

Looks like Jordan Matthews might be a play this week again finally. Probably a shootout in Philly Monday night.

User Actions
FollowJordan RaananVerified account@JordanRaananDid not see CB Trumaine McBride (groin) at #Giants practice. Would mean Trevin Wade as slot CB

EJ is terrible though. Starting a bad QB at min value is risk enough, but Manuel could legitimately put up a line of something like 85/0/3 and 12 yards on the ground with one fumble lost. Have a six pack handy, just in case, if you go that route.

Every line-up I keep ending up with Gates as my Tight End. Is his value too much to pass up in a cash game knowing most everyone will have him?

Every line-up I keep ending up with Gates as my Tight End. Is his value too much to pass up in a cash game knowing most everyone will have him?
I ended up the same way over @ Draft Kings. No matter how i formulated my rosters, I got gates. Taking him and Snead allowed for me to stack some quality RBs. Still trying to decide Lacy or Foster.

I ended up the same way over @ Draft Kings. No matter how i formulated my rosters, I got gates. Taking him and Snead allowed for me to stack some quality RBs. Still trying to decide Lacy or Foster.
I would lean Foster on Draftkings but i am leaning Lacy on Fanduel because of the difference in price and the receptions only being .5 pts. Lacy saying ankle is better and the way it was taped last couple weeks was preventing him from playing well. I hope he is being honest because he has a good match up and should be able to play better and have multiple chances for TDs this week.

I would much rather have hoyer or stafford against the bears instead of teddy.
I would need a nice sales pitch to get me to play Bridgewater this week. There are a bunch of favorable matchups for other QBs under 7k and more at the 7-7.3k range. That could be an important $100-$700 of salary in a Teddy lineup, but I think I prefer to buy up a slight a bit at QB and down a bit at another position.

I would need a nice sales pitch to get me to play Bridgewater this week. There are a bunch of favorable matchups for other QBs under 7k and more at the 7-7.3k range. That could be an important $100-$700 of salary in a Teddy lineup, but I think I prefer to buy up a slight a bit at QB and down a bit at another position.
Here's a pitch:

While Peterson is the obvious centerpiece of the Vikings' offense, Teddy Bridgewater has a more quantifiably favorable matchup against a K.C. defense that ranks a passable 16th versus the run in Football Outsiders' DVOA metric, but a lowly 29th against the pass. Getting torched by quarterbacks of all talent levels this season, the Chiefs have a 13:2 TD-to-INT ratio against and are allowing a combined 102.3 passer rating, the sixth worst clip in football. Normally a bottom 8-10 fantasy quarterback option, Bridgewater is a more attractive than usual as a two-QB-league starter this week.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/57062/179/silvas-week-6-matchups

Looks like Stafford and Hoyer have decent matchups too.

I could be talked out of Teddy, and with $300 left in salary on my current lineup I could afford either Hoyer or Stafford without any sacrifices, but I have serious issues with both of them.

Stafford is the lowest rated QB on PFF by a huge margin, and I dont know that I can trust Hoyer, particularly with the high winds forecast for that game.

Here's my current Teddy lineup. Foster/Forte/Gronk? Yes, please!

Teddy Bridgewater
Matt Forte
Arian Foster
Jordan Matthews
Eric Decker
Mike Wallace
Rob Gronkowski
Stephen Gostkowski
New York Jets

Here's my current Teddy lineup. Foster/Forte/Gronk? Yes, please!

Teddy Bridgewater

Matt Forte

Arian Foster

Jordan Matthews

Eric Decker

Mike Wallace

Rob Gronkowski

Stephen Gostkowski

New York Jets
I like that lineup a lot. If Wallace plays (sounds like he will) and him and Teddy hit along with rest of the guys you could make a nice jump.

I was just going to post the same stuff that karmarooster posted. KC only allows 3.9 yards per rush. I think they'll obviously game plan to try to reduce AP's effectiveness, leaving Bridgewater free to attack a very weak KC secondary.

It's easy to look at Hoyer and expect a big game since we just saw him play well against Indy, but I remember last year when Cleveland got Josh Gordon back. Hoyer stunk it up in a big way. In respect to the WR corp, last years Browns team is very similar to this years Texans. They have one big-time WR and not much else. I suspect that Hoyer is very easy to game plan against. Plus, I expect Foster will run wild against the same team that allowed Tampa RBs 50 points last week, 25 points to the Colt RBs the week before and more than 40 points to the Patriots RBs the week before that.

Stafford is an interesting guy. He definitely offers the most upside. His recent struggles have come against DEN, SEA & ARI. Perhaps we're holding that against him too harshly.

Users who are viewing this thread