What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

12 team ppr. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

team A gave: Mixon

team B gave: 1.01, J. Smith, 2021 2nd, 2021 3rd, 2021 3rd
Give me the 1.1...not a huge Mixon fan so I would rather gamble that the 1.1 will yield someone at least equal but possibly better then him while also getting those three other picks that can be the foundation of another deal.

Give me the 1.1.

I'd roll the dice expecting either of Swift or Taylor to at least match Mixon's totals while being three years younger at a position where guys have begun to break down alarmingly early in their careers - like just as they're getting to their second contracts early.

And the thing about dice rolls is that you sometimes hit on them - so the more dice rolls the more chance to hit.

You all are nuts. Mixon > 1.01

The rest are just throw ins IMO. This is somewhat of a fair deal but I'd take Mixon all the way as the best asset in this deal. I'd take the package if the picks were high in 2021, but in a vaccuum give me the proven player who happens to be the best asset in the trade 

'Rona isnt the only thing giving people fevers these days 
I think mixon and the 1.1 are close, but we’ll have to see who ends up where. I expect a jump from jonnu and could flirt with te1 numbers (read- A te1, not the te1.)  The picks are dart throws but they’re a year out, easy to turn them into something or use them to move up this year. 

Mixon could easily add tds and is proven. It’s pretty fair. You’re right, mixon>1.01, that’s why there’s other stuff. You don’t value that stuff, ok. Pick a lane doc- “we’re nuts” or “it’s somewhat a fair deal.” 

Last edited by a moderator:
that was more directed at birdie who implied it was free picks. Jonnu might be a low end TE1 this year, but is that enough to downgrade at rb? not for me, and that's fine, I understand where others are coming from. If it were 1.01 and a 2021 1st or a wr I can use as a flex, then that's a different story. If I'm moving a top 6 dynasty rb asset, I'm not going to make my starting lineup worse. I feel this is all this trade does for the guy giving up Mixon. But maybe he has nothing else for depth and these picks will help. Maybe Jimmy Graham is his starting TE. Context matters a lot
Also, and it is the biggest piece to me, is how do you value Mixon...we can all agree that he is good but I think there are difference in opinions about how good...if you value him like you do then the deal does not make sense...I am not a huge fan of him so if I owned him I would cash out with this deal...I think the #1 will have more upside and I also think the assets gained in this deal (including the #1) give you more flexibility if you are looking to make another deal...bottom-line is it is a pretty fair deal. 

I look at it this way: downgrade at RB for what? a backup TE, a random 21 2nd (likely a backup) and two 21 3rds (likely cuts). Not worth it to me. Maybe if I'm in a major rebuild, which is why context matters a lot in these trades. 
I am the team receiving Mixon.  

Context is that I needed major help at RB.  My starter would have been Mack/1.01 this year.  I wanted to make sure to have a great starter so I made the deal to receive Mixon.  My WRs are in good shape with T. Hill, OBJ, JuJu, M. Evans, Mar. Brown

The other owner is rebuild.  He now owns 1.01, 1.02, 1.12, 2.02, 2.03, 3.04, 3.07 and I think he will struggle this year to get some wins.  Best players are Dak, M. Ryan, Michel, Cooks, Hilton, C. Ridley and his TEs listed below.

He doesn't need TE help he has Engram, Gesecki, and now J. Smith.  It was one area he wasn't weak in.  He is weak at RB and WR.  He initially wanted other pieces, but I wasn't going to give up Hunt or Mar. Brown on top of 1.01 for Mixon so he settled on Jonnu.

If Burrow doesn't go to the Bengals does that change anyone's view on Mixon?  What if it's Tua instead?  I think it makes a difference.  I don't have any numbers and maybe it's just who was available but CEH got a lot of checkdowns, I'm not sure about Tua with Alabama RB's.  Not all catches for RB's are checkdowns but low risk plays seem to be a strength of Burrow that could bode really well for Mixon, Tua seems smart enough for sure, I just don't know if he does well in that area.  

If Burrow doesn't go to the Bengals does that change anyone's view on Mixon?  What if it's Tua instead?  I think it makes a difference.  I don't have any numbers and maybe it's just who was available but CEH got a lot of checkdowns, I'm not sure about Tua with Alabama RB's.  Not all catches for RB's are checkdowns but low risk plays seem to be a strength of Burrow that could bode really well for Mixon, Tua seems smart enough for sure, I just don't know if he does well in that area.  
The one reason why I moved Mixon up a tier is because Burrow would most likely be headed to Cincinnati.  I think he will boost the offense which will help Mixon.  

Any thoughts on this deal.  Very strong opinions were “shared” on this deal in our league.  Some thought the team that got DJ/Ridley/1.6, screwed the other owner and others believe the price was fair to slightly cheap for Hopkins.  I like the getting Hopkins side but think it is fair. 
i assume that is David Johnson not Diontae Johnson...right?

Any thoughts on this deal.  Very strong opinions were “shared” on this deal in our league.  Some thought the team that got DJ/Ridley/1.6, screwed the other owner and others believe the price was fair to slightly cheap for Hopkins.  I like the getting Hopkins side but think it is fair. 
I take the Hopkins side pretty easily. I think AZ is a great place for him, and would need quite a haul to consider moving him.

Way too cheap for Hopkins even if you took Thomas/2nd out of the deal.

Big one in 12 team ppr between 2 of the top 3 rosters in the league

D Hopkins, Ian Thomas and 2021 2nd probably late for DJohnson, Ridley and the 1.06/2.06
I definitely would not make this trade if I was the Hopkins owner but it is not a trade anyone in the league should be getting up-in-arms about...the thing that drives me crazy about this type of deal is that #2 the Hopkins Owner had to throw in...why?  You are giving up by far the best player in this deal...an elite-level fantasy player...when you give up an asset like that (and there are only so many of them) it should be in a deal where the other owner overpaid which doesn't happen here, especially when the RB involved is on his legs of dynasty-value...hard to believe the Hopkins owner could not have found a better deal if they were shopping him to the entire league...absolutely no need to make this deal.

that was more directed at birdie who implied it was free picks. Jonnu might be a low end TE1 this year, but is that enough to downgrade at rb? not for me, and that's fine, I understand where others are coming from. If it were 1.01 and a 2021 1st or a wr I can use as a flex, then that's a different story. If I'm moving a top 6 dynasty rb asset, I'm not going to make my starting lineup worse. I feel this is all this trade does for the guy giving up Mixon. But maybe he has nothing else for depth and these picks will help. Maybe Jimmy Graham is his starting TE. Context matters a lot
I understand your view.  I have no problem with it & I respect most of your posts.  I just don't see Mixon as a reliable RB1 in an offense where they will have a new QB learning the offense and the OL that needs attention.  They are putting their value into WR & Def.  I don't own Mixon in any league.  I liked his potential earlier in his career but the whole Cinn offense needs an overhaul (might be in progress in 2020), but the coaches need new schemes too! 

I look at the 2021 picks as "assets" to use in trades later.  That is what I was trying to imply by "Free picks".  I truly believe Junno will be TE1 value next year and Tannehill has confidence in him too.  Mush more that Mariotta did.  

No way I move Hopkins for that.

I know some consider the move to ARI a downgrade for Hopkins, but I'm not one of them.  I consider it at worst a lateral move.

PPR 12 teams , balanced trade in my eyes, interesting what other people think 

Team A trade: Mack RB , Lockett WR and 1.08

Team trade: Miles Sanders RB and Fuller WR

Team A trade: Mack, Lockett and 1.08

Team trade: Sanders and Fuller 
Mack, Lockett side by a wide margin for me.  I'd avoid Fuller like the plague. Sanders is old and value will be lower in NO. 

Nice deal here...I would take the Sanders side...good pieces here but he has by far the most potential to be a legit stud...Mack is young and has value but his lack of receiving numbers turns me off and Lockett disappears a little too much for my liking...as for Fuller, everyone knows his history but right now he is in about as good of a position to succeed as he ever will be and while the Texans will probably draft a WR or two they don't currently have a #1 so those top-tier guys are probably out of reach.

12 team ppr. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

team A gave: Mixon

team B gave: 1.01, J. Smith, 2021 2nd, 2021 3rd, 2021 3rd
This is an amazing move for team B.  I am a Mixon owner and believe in his talent but that is a great haul.  Williams/Swift could end up being better than him (possible) and teams not paying RBs any more means staying young there is huge.  To get a TE that should have a huge bump this year, a 2nd, and 2 3rds.  I'd have run to the site to accept this for my Mixon owned league.

I feel this is close to fair but I'd prefer D-Hop side.  I don't think anyone got screwed as Ridley could be in for a big bump this year and as Julio ages.  Plus, who knows who falls to 6.  I'm not huge on DJ but Thomas and a late 2021 2nd isn't much to throw in on that.  I could see an argument for both sides especially depending on roster makeup.

This is pretty balanced but 8 could be a bust.  Lockett disappears at times, on a running offense, and DK is taking more & more work.  I'm not really high on Mack personally.  I like Sanders upside and Fuller is a WR1 on a team that likes to go deep.  I'd roll the dice he finds a way to stay healthy and roll the upside on Sanders.

Sorry, David and Calvin
Big one in 12 team ppr between 2 of the top 3 rosters in the league

D Hopkins, Ian Thomas and 2021 2nd probably late for DJohnson, Ridley and the 1.06/2.06
Thanks for clarifying it was David.

I don't share the same opinion on this trade as the others expressed.  I think the trade is even but  I'd personally side on the Ridley/1.6 side.If I owned Hopkins my hesitation in doing this was just if I'm maximizing the current hype but I prefer the side dealing Hopkins.

I’d take the Mack side here. Fuller is magnificent when he’s healthy but I view him like I do Guice at this point. It would be hard for me to do anything but buy relatively low on them. 1.08 should still net you a decent WR in the draft. 

Made 3 trades so far this year.  It basically worked out to the below (some pieces received going out in the other deals):

Gave:

Aaron Jones, Carson, RoJo, Benny Snell, D-Hop, Kenny G, Darren the Baller Waller, 2.2

Got:

Barkley, Kamara, Devante Adams, Thielen, Goedert, 4.3, 4.12

I'm pretty stoked with how this worked out.

Made 3 trades so far this year.  It basically worked out to the below (some pieces received going out in the other deals):

Gave:

Aaron Jones, Carson, RoJo, Benny Snell, D-Hop, Kenny G, Darren the Baller Waller, 2.2

Got:

Masters class in consolidation. Well done.

Gave:

Got:

Good lord Barkley side by a mile what the heck was the other guy thinking? 

Just made this trade.

Gave - Cousins, Hilton, Gesicki, 1.10

Got - Dalton, Ridley, 1.07

Gonna drop Dalton.  Need to open some roster space for rookie draft.

Just made this trade.

Gave - Cousins, Hilton, Gesicki, 1.10

Got - Dalton, Ridley, 1.07

Gonna drop Dalton.  Need to open some roster space for rookie draft.
On the surface I prefer the Cousins side by quite a bit.  Roster spots do have some value but not knowing what else you have it's hard to say it was worth it. 

Good lord Barkley side by a mile what the heck was the other guy thinking? 
I was posting the results of 3 deals but the Barkley one might have been the most lopsided.  The guy wanted draft capital so I ended up sending him 1.3 and 3.2 in the deal and RB depth with Carson/RoJo.  Plus, he is a Raiders fan and wanted Waller but I got Barkley, Goedert, and the 2 4ths in that deal.  The other 2 seemed more fair.

12 team PPR, not involved.

1.08 for Julio
Julio getting old, if you not contending this year,  you need to sell him ASAP , fair value in my eyes, no way I am trading top 5 rookies at this point 1.08-1.1.10 seems to be a VALUE before NFL draft. 

12 team PPR, not involved.

1.08 for Julio
I don't see the need to deal Julio for that, I would need more...while he is 31 he is also coming off a year where he was 99-1394-6...he can still help you win a championship...if you draft a WR at that spot it is probably not Jeudy or Lamb (they will be gone) and my guess is Julio will easily outscore the WR picked there for at least two years...unless someone steps up with something more I would rather ride him out and either use him this year if my team is a contender or deal him during the season to a contender who may overpay if he thinks Julio is the last piece to winning a title...sometimes I think some Dynasty owners place more emphasis on getting young then actually winning a title or two...there is a middle ground, not every player on your team needs to be 22 years old.

I don't see the need to deal Julio for that, I would need more...while he is 31 he is also coming off a year where he was 99-1394-6...he can still help you win a championship...if you draft a WR at that spot it is probably not Jeudy or Lamb (they will be gone) and my guess is Julio will easily outscore the WR picked there for at least two years...unless someone steps up with something more I would rather ride him out and either use him this year if my team is a contender or deal him during the season to a contender who may overpay if he thinks Julio is the last piece to winning a title...sometimes I think some Dynasty owners place more emphasis on getting young then actually winning a title or two...there is a middle ground, not every player on your team needs to be 22 years old.
If that was AJ Green I would take the 1.8, but not for Julio Jones.

Here's a decent rule of thumb...

If you're trading older players in a competitive league you're going to receive less than what you think that player is worth.

Users who are viewing this thread