Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Evilgrin 72

Vontaze Burfict - nobody wins

Vontaze Burfict's kamikaze routine...  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Kind of sucks the guy who injured both Bell and AB does not get sent out of the division until the Steelers officially cut ties with those two. 

He is a perfect old school Raider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

It'd be hilarious if the Steelers signed him. 

OMG, yes.

Overnight he'd become a "tough" and "old school" player who "stands up for his teammates" and "never backs down".  The :wub: would flow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On his way to visit the Raiders. They sure will enjoy him giving players concussions during practice... especially AB who may as well be thrown in the looney bin after the last hit he took from Burfict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

OMG, yes.

Overnight he'd become a "tough" and "old school" player who "stands up for his teammates" and "never backs down".  The :wub: would flow.

No, it wouldn’t. Guy is a ####### idiot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

OMG, yes.

Overnight he'd become a "tough" and "old school" player who "stands up for his teammates" and "never backs down".  The :wub: would flow.

100%

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my sources are pointing to him signing with the Browns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

my sources are pointing to him signing with the Browns

Oh god.  Just break the rules and let them have Hard Knocks again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

Signing 1 year contract with the Raiders

If you can play you can play.   Burflict can play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

If you can play you can play.   Burflict can play.

Can he still play?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JoeSteeler said:

Signing 1 year contract with the Raiders

Fade me fam. Arguably my least favorite player in the league, and now he's a Raider. I now sympathize with the Bengal fans.

Edit: Orginally said Steelers, because I'm a fool.

Edited by Moonshine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to start a poll to see how many concussions he gives AB this year. Should make Joe proud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Signing 1 year contract with the Raiders

I mean, we need LBs badly...

 

...but not that badly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this signing. The Raiders need some toughness on this defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it count as evidence that Gruden’s team-building strategy is insane, that he has added the craziest player this offseason on both sides of the ball?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arodin said:

Does it count as evidence that Gruden’s team-building strategy is insane, that he has added the craziest player this offseason on both sides of the ball?

Old school Raiders!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, krsone21 said:

I love this signing. The Raiders need some toughness on this defense. 

They need talent too, and Burficts tank is on E. Don’t understand the signing - a headcase, whose best days are behind him, who can’t stay healthy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Balco said:

Burficts tank is on E. Don’t understand the signing - a headcase, whose best days are behind him, who can’t stay healthy.

This is a great summary and why I thought nobody would pick him up.

Anyone think Burfict will head to AB's house to be welcomed to the team with a bunch of man-hugs?  :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steeler said:

This is a great summary and why I thought nobody would pick him up.

Anyone think Burfict will head to AB's house to be welcomed to the team with a bunch of man-hugs?  :lol: 

The only way to be friends with AB is to visit each others homes multiple times....  Except he is a busy man and has no time for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny that the NFL wants people to think they actually care about player safety and CTE.  The fact that a thug like Burfict is in the league tells us otherwise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this dude is flat out bad for the NFL.  the hit on Doyle is inexcusable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

It's funny that the NFL wants people to think they actually care about player safety and CTE.  The fact that a thug like Burfict is in the league tells us otherwise. 

Would the NFLPA sue the NFL if a player was banned from the league for "too many penalties".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The narrative on ESPN/Greenie this morning is "Last Snap in NFL" 

I think VB's reaction as he jogged off the field was pretty telling and if intent is ever measured, he sure didn't show much remorse. 

This guy can be a good player without these unnecessary head shots. 

Suspension? How long?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

It's funny that the NFL wants people to think they actually care about player safety and CTE.  The fact that a thug like Burfict is in the league tells us otherwise. 

Don't blame the NFL.  Every time they try disciplining players the NFLPA fights it.  The NFL just says "fine, if you want one of your guys to kill another one of your guys that's up to you, we're just fulfilling our legal obligation to attempt to stop it."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I think Burfict proved me wrong about being shot -- he's been a huge help to the Raiders LB corps and our best middle defender by far this year, both in terms of his play and for directing the D -- there is nothing about this that is excuseable.

There have been plenty of head shots this year that have been as bad or worse in terms of impact/intent this year, hell even this week (Barnett, looking at you).

That said, Doyle was on his knees so there was zero reason a tackle, let alone a helmet-to-helmet one, was really necessary.

As much as this is going to hurt our D, there is no justification for what Burfict did, so would not be surprised to see the league throw the entire book at him, given his history.

Sad as we really could have used him this year, he was having a fantastic season, but he can't control himself and not pull this stupid crud.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceman03 said:

Mort reporting he’s facing a year long suspension: https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1178667005278375942?s=21

It’s about time. The mountain of evidence is so large I don’t even know why they’d want him back in the league. 

Yeah, that was just so blatant, it can't be ignored.  Doyle was on his knees and defenseless, all he had to do was tap him on the head.  Instead, he spears him with his helmet.

We all know football is a contact sport, but just shows a total disrespect for your fellow player.  Plenty of opportunity for hard hits in the flow of every game.  Don't need the cheap shots that are intentional attempts to injure somebody.

His running off the field, smiling and taunting the crowd won't help his case either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

As much as I think Burfict proved me wrong about being shot -- he's been a huge help to the Raiders LB corps and our best middle defender by far this year, both in terms of his play and for directing the D -- there is nothing about this that is excuseable.

There have been plenty of head shots this year that have been as bad or worse in terms of impact/intent this year, hell even this week (Barnett, looking at you).

That said, Doyle was on his knees so there was zero reason a tackle, let alone a helmet-to-helmet one, was really necessary.

As much as this is going to hurt our D, there is no justification for what Burfict did, so would not be surprised to see the league throw the entire book at him, given his history.

Sad as we really could have used him this year, he was having a fantastic season, but he can't control himself and not pull this stupid crud.

 

You’ve seen hits with worse intent than that this year? I’d like to see even one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Capella said:

You’ve seen hits with worse intent than that this year? I’d like to see even one. 

He mentioned the Barnett one... and I would agree. This isn’t about how violent the hit was or if it was worse than other hits. This is about repeated behavior and a complete disregard to change attempting to hurt other players on the field. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude is such a clown.  I do a couple of IDP leagues and had gotten to the point I wouldn't waste draft capital because this was inevitable.  He shouldn't get another chance.  He'll do it again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This suspension is Burfict's lack-of-achievement award.

Downside?  Announcers that say, "They'll kick you out of the league for that type of hit" may now be (kind of) correct vs. sounding like an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, trader jake said:

This suspension is Burfict's lack-of-achievement award.

Downside?  Announcers that say, "They'll kick you out of the league for that type of hit" may now be (kind of) correct vs. sounding like an idiot.

I would prefer Joe Buck not write the rules or interpret them out loud, the Refs in the Booth I don't need a word of input from them either. 

The history of his VB's work speaks for itself, he has been a cheap shot artist for a long time and I understand the suspension. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The irony here is that if Burfict played in the 70's or 80's, he'd be a Hall of Famer and lauded as an NFL legend. Now he's just a dangerous meathead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Insein said:

The irony here is that if Burfict played in the 70's or 80's, he'd be a Hall of Famer and lauded as an NFL legend. Now he's just a dangerous meathead.

Very true -- go watch videos of guys like Dick Lane, Jack Tatum, Jack Lambert, or Conrad Dobler about how they used to physically intimidate the opposition.

But it's a 100% different game now, for better or for worse (I'm arguing for better even with the ridiculous ticky-tack fouls we see that over-favor QBs), so it's not really apt to even compare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Very true -- go watch videos of guys like Dick Lane, Jack Tatum, Jack Lambert, or Conrad Dobler about how they used to physically intimidate the opposition.

But it's a 100% different game now, for better or for worse (I'm arguing for better even with the ridiculous ticky-tack fouls we see that over-favor QBs), so it's not really apt to even compare.

Oh I get it. It just occurred to me how this guy would have been in the same vein as all those "greats". I don't know if those guys would even be able to play today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Insein said:

The irony here is that if Burfict played in the 70's or 80's, he'd be a Hall of Famer and lauded as an NFL legend. Now he's just a dangerous meathead.

The difference is that helmet technology today provides a lot more protection to the hitter than the hitee, so you didn't often see those headshots back then.  This was inevitable and a result of shock journalism that sensationalizes the big hits and the NFL failing to get in front of it when they did.  Now everyone lusts for them and are getting pissy when they are taken away. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hankmoody said:

 Now everyone lusts for them and are getting pissy when they are taken away. 

Not me. Those hits are ugly and have little place in the game, IMHO.

/end soapbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juju earned my respect the day he laid this guy out with the crackback. Keep. your. head. on. a. swivel. Vontaze. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Insein said:

Oh I get it. It just occurred to me how this guy would have been in the same vein as all those "greats". I don't know if those guys would even be able to play today. 

But maybe those guys would change their style  to play within the confines of the rules.  Maybe they’re not complete thugs like Burfict.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 11:28 AM, Walking Boot said:

I don't know why he and the guys like him aren't banned from the league 

 

Finally a step in the right direction 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's bizarre is that he's definitely good enough of a player to be playing the game cleanly and still helping his team win games. It's not like he's one of those fringe defensive players trying to make a name for himself by attempting big hits. I think this dude just straight top enjoys hurting other players. 

 

I'm not old enough to give an opinion on this, but I wonder how he would've been viewed if he played in the 90's, would he be celebrated as a gritty/vicious beast or still be considered a cheap shot artist? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Insein said:

The irony here is that if Burfict played in the 70's or 80's, he'd be a Hall of Famer and lauded as an NFL legend. Now he's just a dangerous meathead.

You don’t even have to go back that far. Look at Zach Taylor’s career highlights. It’s a wonder that dude can form sentences.

It may be ironic but the players, fan base and the league all know it’s terrible for everyone involved and shouldn’t be encouraged like it was in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.