What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vontaze Burfict - nobody wins (2 Viewers)

Whom did it negatively affect most?

• Bengals fans

Votes: 60 43.8%
  • Steelers fans

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • NFL football fans

Votes: 31 22.6%
  • His own family

Votes: 27 19.7%

• Total voters
Those hits are ugly and have little place in the game, IMHO.

Juju earned my respect the day he laid this guy out with the crackback.
These two statements are completely incongruous with each other.

Surely you're not saying targeting a defenseless player's head or neck with the crown of your helmet is only OK when it's done for retaliation purposes, right?

Lets see if the NFL will be consistent with their punishments or just target Raider players 👎
You're kidding right? Burfict should be banned from the league. He's a dirty player and cheap shot. If I'mNFL owners I'm asking for a life time ban for this piece of garbage. 

one thing they could do is make vontazer barfict watch this play over and over so that he learns a lesson and then when he is watching it drive a buick into his helmet take that to the bank brohans 

Vontaze's heart is broken.... much like the heads, groins, ankles, knees of his opponents over the years:

- September 2013: Fined $10,000 for striking an opponent in the groin and an additional $21,000 for a hit on a defenseless receiver in the same game.

- October 2013: Fined $21,000 for spearing a receiver.

- October 2014: Fined $25,000 for twisting the ankles of Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and tight end Greg Olson.

- December 2015: Fined $69,000 for two unnecessary roughness penalties and diving at Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s knee.

- January 2016: Fined $50,000 for hitting a defenseless receiver on the chin.

- January 2016: Suspended three games and forfeits $500,000 in salary for a headshot on defenseless wide receiver Antonio Brown.

- October 2016: Fined $75,000 for stepping on Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount.

- November 2016: Fined $12,000 for giving the middle finger to Bills fans.

- August 2017: Suspended three games – reduced from five – for a hit on a defenseless player.

- October 2017: Fined $12,000 for kicking an opponent.

- March 2018: Suspended four games for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

- October 2018: Fined $112,000 for multiple examples of unnecessary roughness in a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I can't believe that I even said his name at auction and won. I had Josh Gordon syndrome with this dude. It feels good to drop him once and for all. I still won't quit Gordon though. He completes me into 3rd place on the reg.

Vontaze Burfict's appeal for his season-ending suspension was upheld.

Now officially out for the entire season, the question becomes whether or not Burfict plays in the NFL again. It's only right the league held their ground (for a change) as Burfict has been given countless chances to clean up his act but remains one of the dirtiest and immoral players any time he's stepped on the field. He'll remain at home even in the off-chance the Raiders sneak into the postseason.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Oct 9, 2019, 5:10 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread