Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rockaction

Despot - Rap music…anyone know of him?

Despot is, indeed, dope. He's buddies with El-P from Run the Jewels and has a verse on "Blockbuster Night Part 2" from RTJ2 as well as some of El-P's solo stuff. Hopefully, he finally drops a full-length album this year.

Despot is, indeed, dope. He's buddies with El-P from Run the Jewels and has a verse on "Blockbuster Night Part 2" from RTJ2 as well as some of El-P's solo stuff. Hopefully, he finally drops a full-length album this year.

We can all hope. Yeah, the stuff he dropped on P4 to the Baauer track was sick. He was also the lead on the remix to another track I can't remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNxDCwtpm80

Seems like a slightly more gingerly Eminem.

Seems like a slightly more gingerly Eminem.

Reminds me a lot of Action Bronson. He's a gritty, lunch pail guy with a high motor. Deceptive speed.

Not sure this entire thread deserves a bump, but I can't find the ***Official*** Rap/Hip Hop Thread in the search function.

Anyway, some new unreleased tracks made their way to Youtube. From a show in Queens in 2016. 

NSFW, of course

Knock, Knock, Who Cares

More Money Than God

Home Is Where The Hood Is

• Like 1

gave him a listen after hearing him on the Huzah remix a while ago and was left with a meh feeling. Time to try again? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Gator said:

gave him a listen after hearing him on the Huzah remix a while ago and was left with a meh feeling. Time to try again? 

Yeah, ymmv vary -- obviously -- but these are more fully fleshed-out songs than his guest verse on that track. 

• Like 1

I get House of Bricks coming up a fair amount in different Spotify daily mixes, discover weekly, radios etc, but I never actually looked at the artist until the other day.  It's not bad, I guess.

I saw him open for KIller Mike and EL-P at a venue with like 20 people in attendance, when KM and EL-P were touring their solo albums and just finishing up the first RTJ album. He didn't even have a DJ or use trackstar. He just played the instrumentals off his phone through the PA and rapped over them.

He'll never release an album. He's been working on it for over a decade now, with no end in sight. He also runs that Frankel's Deli in NY, so that probably takes a lot of time.

My favorite track by him is Crap Artists, off that old Def Jux compilation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8pcpFmfXKw